TwilightMoonDragon

Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away

This thread is basically to talk about these two beautiful movies.You will be allowed to post your opinions here,and speaking of which I will now reveal mine.^^

Spirited Away: A movie that I watched more than 5 times,yet I never get bored of it.The imagination is incredible,and the idea of a spirit world is great.Although some of the spirits frighten me (Noface xd.png),my favorite is Haku.Being cute,sweet,and kind,along with the fact that he is part dragon,makes a perfect example of the incredible imagination of Spirited Away.

Howl's Moving Castle:...Let's just say that Howl took my breath away...Taking place in England and not Japan,it made me...die and fly xd.png

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

Spirited Away is one of my favorite movies! I love it....I must have seen it twenty times by now. It's just so beautiful and unique. Haku was my favorite character, mainly for how he looked in his dragon form. (I did not expect him to be a dragon, lol).

I've only seen Howl's Moving Castle once. It was okay...But maybe I'll be able to understand it a little better if I see it again. A friend of mine drew the castle for her art class. It was just amazing! It made me want to see the movie all over again...

Those two movies are from the same producer, right? They look familiar, along with other movies I've seen.

I like Spirited Away.

I liked Howl's Moving Castle until I read the book it came from. He just absolutely butchered the original story, which is quite good and nothing like the movie.

I liked both movies very much. I read Howl's Moving Castle after seeing the movie, but somehow the story in the movie appealed to me more.

I rented Spirited Away when I was 6 or 7, and it scared the carp outta me. To this day, I still kind of think of it as negative and boring. *before she can be shot to death, heads to YouTube to correct this anomaly*

But I do love Howl's Moving Castle, though I've yet to read the book.

XP Spirited Away scares me too...at some places...BUT I LOVE HMC.....Seriously...So romantic and funny..."May all your bacon burn." xd.png

i've seen 5 of the movies: spirited away, i like noface how dare you say hes creepy. nasica:vally of the wind, it was adorable the part where nasica had a gun was awsome.howl's moving castle, it my second favorite calcifer was awsome it was mostly my favorite character. and castle in the sky, it's NOTHING like the book i thought it was based of sad.gif .

sorry but HOW DARE YOU ALL YOU DONT KNOW HAYAO MIYAZAKI'S NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*shudders* i don't like Noface...He eats everything and then pukes it out!*hides*

Bro:what are you hiding from?

Me:Noface

Bro:Cool!I'm hiding from Howl!*sneaks under bed*

My brother is terrified of Howl...I have no idea why though...

WHAT?!I KNOW HAYAO!*you make me sad.*

MWAHAHAHAAAAHAAAA

I found a cool site that says Hayao Miyazaki is making a new movie! and before you ask it's NOT ponyo its different! and studio chibli is making a video game with other studios!!! i'll find the site again

i couldn't find it and i finded a another!

http://www.studioghibli.net/

Noface used to frighten me as a kid...I mean, TERRIBADLY. I hid under the covers for most of the movie after Sen's parents turned into pigs. And then with Noface...

I love the movie now, though. It's one of my favorites. I have to admit I like Haku better as a dragon, I sort of wish he stayed that way. ;P

I enjoyed both movies, although I liked Howl better. Calcifer was one of my favourite characters.

I personally prefer the book Howl's Moving Castle to the movie. Although I love Calcifer in the movie.

I first saw Spirited Away when I was about nine, and it scared me so badly I barely touched the next two meals because I was terrified I was going to turn into a pig. For some reason No Face didn't actually scare me that much, but that scene where the parents turned into pigs gave me nightmares.

For some reason No Face didn't actually scare me that much, but that scene where the parents turned into pigs gave me nightmares.

It's reasonable. Both in Spirited Away and Miyazaki's previous film, Princess Mononoke, pigs were portrayed as quite gruesome creatures. In this respect Mononoke is even scarier *refers to the scene where that white boar god turns into a demon*

Well, not like really "scary" scary but I can imagine that such scenes might be frightening for children.

Edited by lightbird

He also made a movie about raccoons. Can't remember for the life of me what it was called but, studio Ghibli made most all of the movies I used to watch over at my grandmother's house as a kid like Totoro, Nausica of the Valley of the Wind, Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery service, and Spirited Away.

I've only seen Ponyo, the Raccoon one, and Howl's Moving castle recently along with this one about a cat... Er... The Cat Returns I think it was. They're all good films and I often watch them more then once.

...Nausica of the Valley of the Wind...

i t Nausica: the valley of wind! and it doesn't make sense, but it is what it is! at first i thought Nausica was the name of the village/valley

so that make it a bunch of movies!

Nausica: the Valley of Wind, Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery service, and Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Castle in the sky. laputa was awsome.

Hayao Miyazaki made all of them with studio Ghibli

HAYAO MIYAZAKI RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've not seen Howl's Moving Castle, but Spirited Away was quite nice.

Do eet.

I know he was AWSOME and the werid raven thing that turns into a fly was funny it carried a 5-10 pound baby/hamster thing it was a big oversized hamster basically

Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle are not the only good Ghibli films - Princess Mononoke is brilliant and one of my favourites.

In fact, those three are my favourite Ghibli films. Howl's Moving Castle is probably my most favourite.

Sometimes when I'm feeling a bit down I like to watch The Cat Returns or Porco Rosso (very light-hearted in comparison to some others). Nausicaa is outstanding, but can be a little depressing if you're in the wrong mood.

Hmm, what others off the top of my head.. ooh Laputa is a good one, and unusually for a Ghibli film, it has a villain who really is just 100% villain. Normally for Ghibli (those involving Miyazaki at least) they portray the struggles between 'good' and 'bad' in a vast grey area, with redeeming and failing qualities shown on both sides. Ultimately the main villains in most of those films are the intentions or actions of certain characters.

To me, Spirited Away is amazing.

In fact, in order of Movies I saw:

Lion King:

Pokemon 1st

Pokemon

Sprited Away

Rest of Pokemon

Devil Hunter Yoko

...Not proud of the other ones...