Dekka

Books You're Writing

I'm writing a book under the name Claire Nichole Called Some Things About Khalida, which is about a girl called Khalida who accidentally murders the man who killed her mother and is forced to migrate to another country to escape arrest.

What's your book about? smile.gif

Oh god, so many right now....

The first two are fantasy, the third is dark fantasy, sci-if-ish horror.

Markalian's Tears- A witch hunter who descends from a cursed family goes into a magical forest. There, he meets a fugitive former royal assassin fleeing from political intrigue, a warlock who uses his magic to control plant life, and a girl who was guiding the fugitive into the woods so that he could escape. Markalian, the witch hunter, and his mercenary guard Korius, who is a member of a strange, desert dwelling race called the Elinorians, team up with the warlock, assassin, and guide to hunt the famed Alfdis the Frost-Witch, who happens to be the warlock's twin sister. They kill her, but Markalian finds that she is one of the witches to have cursed his family and by killing her, he has onset the curse within his own blood and some pretty terrible things happen to him. His soul splits in half and half of his face turns to bone. The book is basically about Markalian trying to rid the curse from himself before he dies.

The Ice's Breath- Alkmora is a huge city with many levels and a very old caste system. The poor basically live in underground hovels, while the wealthy live in luxurious palaces at the top. Because of this, many of the poor have started to turn to thievery to get by. They live in luxury disguised as poverty. One night, a young boy named Nariff meets one such theif who was a member of a dangerous gang. After refusing to help him, the theif stabbed the poor orphan and left him to die. Nariff survived, however. The book is about him joining one of the more honorable groups of theives called The Ice's Breath, and all of the mischief he gets into.

Untitled- A young, bullied boy living in a suburb in New England has a mind that can create worlds. He finds an old leather journal in his attic one day, along with some random strange items (an old razorblade, a dead moth, and a locket with a picture of a beautiful woman inside.) The journal is empty except for one page, which seems to be an unfinished letter addressed to a girl named Abigail. He tears out he page and takes the rest of the items. He begins to write some of the ideas that are brewing inside his head in the journal, but as the days go on his ideas become darker and more maddening. The horrible things he's written down and all of the monsters he's created come alive in the form of a little girl- Abbie.

I've never been good at summaries, so I'll try. My latest book is a metaphorical work about humanity, their place in nature and how they fit ecology, the treatment they give to other animals, specially those who keep returning (like dogs) and how their pedestal as a superior species is nothing but an illusion, as, in the end, we're nothing but animals submited to the same primal and basic desires.

At the moment I'm working on a collection of short stories, mostly to help with worldbuilding and as practice to get back into writing since I haven't written anything serious in about 2 years. I intend to do NaNo later this year to help push me into completed another larger work...

They're all in the space fantasy sort of genre, taking place on another planet with a focus on that culture and the species there. The short stories cover a variety of topics in the society, and then I have a rough idea for the future story that's open to change. But at the moment my plan for that is centered around the threat of civil war arising from the people's alarm at contact with other alien civilizations. (They used to be spacefaring at one time, before they got involved in a bloody war and became highly isolationist and paranoid.)

I've been wanting to write a book for some time now, and only recently have I decided to start one. I've signed up for NaNoWriMo and in the meantime I'm working on a book called "Little Duckies".

It's about a girl who had your average nightmares as a young child, but then as she grown older into her teens, she notices little things in the world around her that aren't quite right. And all these things add up to her questioning if she is just living in one big nightmare. I haven't decided how the book should end yet though (I only came up with the idea today)--I'll decide that later.

Edited by Jascuty

Mostly I've been writing fanfics lately, but there is one original story that I started about 8 years ago. Reason why its been so long is because I lost the notebook that the story was in and only recently found it a month or so ago. It's called "The Crystal Heart"

It's a fantasy-adventure that involves two friends on a journey to keep a promise. One of them finds a long-lost friend and goes to rescue her from a band of cut-throat bandits lead by an ugly tall man and his mother who possess shaman/voo-doo like powers.

There is a legendary prophocey about a sword that will stop the bandit from becoming king. The one who wields it shall be his equal and his better. The three friends trek across the region through harsh landscapes and face dangerous creatures. With the help of some gentle mythical tribes they are that much closer to saving their world and finding The Crystal Heart which is the fabled as the greatest treasure in the world.

It's still a work in progress. Granted I was a freshman in high school when I started it.

I have a ton of ideas that I typically write down, and I go from story to story a lot, but I do have one project that I have been working on for about a year now. It is about a baby dragon that is captured by unicorns during a war between dragons and unicorns, and how she escapes the unicorns and tries to find a way to put a stop to the war.

Just finished editing Demon's Magic (my novel from NaNoWrimo 2013), which is the sequel to another book I wrote. It is juvenile (8th grade up, probably) fantasy and involves demons (duh), magic (also duh), angels and more. laugh.gif

Next on my To Do List is finishing my Transformers fanfic Revealing Secrets so I can start the sequel. laugh.gif

*claps hands eagerly together* Yay, a thread to talk about books! and ramble on about ideas without boring someone to death

I'm currently working on a few novels, and though I make slow progress I really hope to get them published someday. biggrin.gif

The first one is fairly new, as I haven't even come up with all of the characters yet. It's called Project DAUNT, and is set in a parallel universe of our own where perfect citizens are created by the SCHOOL program. The SOCIETY system judges a person psychologically and deem them fit to either go into SCHOOL or too dangerous to be allowed. For those who fit into the latter, they're tricked, killed, and erased from history to make a better world for the safe citizens.

DAUNT, the focus of the story, is a group composed of those dangerous individuals. Their prime goal is to bring down SOCIETY and change the world, and the book balances a lot between right and wrong, monarchy and anarchy.

The second is called Ascendancy, and is set in a future where writing and reading is outlawed. Only government officials and royals are literate, and because of this society falls into a time of oppression and assault. Lorelei, the main character, decides to return education to everyone when her mother is imprisoned for practising 'dark arts' by teaching Lorelei how to write. Along the way, she picks up Asher, a slave boy with broken memories, and together the two go on a path of rebellion.

Court of Masks is about a higher up group, called the Watchers, who enslave people known as Entertainers for, well, entertainment. The main character is someone who decides she wants the fame and life of an Entertainer--only to discover that being an Entertainer is not as entertaining.

excuse my puns i know you find them entertaining

And I have two still-in-the-works, Marked and Colours of Ash. Marked is about children born with number tattoos--marked after the Major Arcana of Tarot cards.

Colours of Ash is set in the Ashen City and Coloured World, and people are named after colours and it's my favourite thing to draw because of all the colours.

literally just dumps everything in here

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

I've never been good at summaries, so I'll try. My latest book is a metaphorical work about humanity, their place in nature and how they fit ecology, the treatment they give to other animals, specially those who keep returning (like dogs) and how their pedestal as a superior species is nothing but an illusion, as, in the end, we're nothing but animals submited to the same primal and basic desires.

This sounds good! =o

I'm writing a story on Wattpad called Defiant. Its a pokemon fan fiction that only has one chapter so far. Here's the description:

It has been six years since the dangerous Team Galactic nearly destroyed all of Sinnoh. Six years since the mafia lost their leader, Cyrus, in an unstable portal leading to who knows where, and without their boss, disbanded. Six years since the world saw Cyrus alive.

Neveah Braxton has been waiting her entire life for the opportunity to be a pokemon trainer and travel the world. She was never able to convince her grandparents to let her become a trainer, always hushed away and sent to her studies. But on her seventeenth birthday, an anonymously signed box arrives at her doorstep, containing a snoring skitty, an invitation to an all expenses paid summer camp of the most prestigious school in the world, a marble sized glowing stone, and a mysterious silver pendant shaped like an hour glass.

Nev suddenly finds herself thrust face to face with ancient secrets, spanning to the beginning of time itself, and unlikely allies, like a strange green-haired boy, and Nev's long forgotten childhood penpal.

Nev must unlock the ancient secrets that threaten to destroy her world, all the while dodging a newly revived mafia that is now more dangerous than ever.

Edited by shelbell

I'm writing a book for NaNoWriMo, called Storms (it's only a working title, but yeah...). I'm hoping to be able to make a series out of the idea.

Edited by StormNSnowflake

I just finished and validated my NaNoWriMo novel, which is currently title-less and coverless..

But- oh God, I'm so giddy right now-

I wrote a novel in 21 days!

I write too many stories for my own good, if I'm not mistaken I've six stories and one project that's a tad out of the ordinary in the works right now. Though, two of them won't be novels, they're supposed to be mangas (sort of, lol, if I can pull it off).

The one project that's sort of odd, is supposed to be some kind of book of poetry yet at the same time it's not. So I've gathered my favourite poems that I've written between December 2005 - October 2014 and am currently re-reding all of them, editing them and making sure that the grammar and such are correct and that they aren't too heavy (my poems usually have one thing in common, they're either very depressing or very fantasy-like and hard to understand). I won't go into detail what it's about, because the poems are all related to me as a person in one way or another - though a few of them are nothing but lies and has nothing what so ever to do with me. As for the part of it being an "odd" book of poetry, is also something I'm going to keep to myself since I'm not even sure if people allow that kind of thing to be published. Anyhow, I'll tell you what I call the project, and it's "Ett minne i en exponering" - which means "One memory in one exposure" in English. I really hope to try and get it published sometime after my birthday (aka January 6th), but I'm not sure if I can pull it off to that date exactly - but I'll try.

As for the stories that I plan to turn into sort of mangas - but digital and not really have them published, because I doubt that I'd be able to pull that off. The first one that I've been working with on and off since 2010 is mainly about the dragon in my avatar, Cour, but also about the world he's from and all his friends and family. I originally named the story "The last hope of Delau", but I've decided to change it to "The Chroniclers of Delau" ... Because the old name was too "ok, one character have the faith of the entire world resting on his shoulders", which is more or less a lie and very misleading. But I'm not entierly sure when I'll get back to working with this one, it's a hell lot of work behind the scenes with the story.

As for the second one is something that it will take years and years to come before I actually show to anyone more than what I already have done. It's a story based on a nightmare I had as a kid more than 10 years ago - and I dreamed that dream a second time back in May 2012. So I decided to write it down because I liked it a whole lot. And it's honestly rather hard to tell you a synopsis about the story itself, because it's taking place in three different worlds and in two different time periods (one during 1880 and one in the present day, or perhaps I should say 2012). So yeah, it's dead yet at the same time alive. I've to work with it for a project in school and have to finish it before January 7th.

As for the stories I'll turn into novels someday, one of them is something that I'll be working with in school for the upcoming term, but I haven't decided which one it should be.

The first one, which is the shortest one as far as I've the feeling about. Goes by the name "Illusions" and it's based on one of my old dreams that I dreamed back in 2008. And I'm just going to post the synposis I wrote for NaNoWriMo this year;

A dream, something unreal and unbelievable that you don't know if it's real or not. A dream, that you don't want to think is the truth. When you've past the point of no return, the point where you should have awaken in your bed after a long nightmare; you might begin to wonder if it perhaps isn't a dream at all. No matter how much you still wish for it to be your fantasy playing games with your mind. You may begin to see some kind of truth behind everything around you, every word that has been said and when memories from years forgotten starts to come to life within your mind ... It will be incredible hard to still stand tall and say "this is not happening". It's time to wake up, realize what is real and live up to what is expected of you. Escape your own minds' illusions and accept what is.

Also "Illusions" is one of the stories I'm thinking about working with in school next term.

Secondly, we have the longest story of them all, or at least one of the longest (I think the story about Delau is just about as long as this one since it's many side-stories in that one coming together). I've over the years divided it into three different parts, and it's the first part that I'm thinking to perhaps work with in school. It goes by the name "On the run" and it's a story I've been working with since the summer 2007. Again, I'll post the synposis I wrote for NaNoWriMo last year;

Her name was Yuna Delgado and she was a 17 years old person living in the 1700s in a distant world that is quite similar to our own past. Four years ago, at a battle in the castle to save some of the villagers, she lost her father; this in turn made her flee it all and hide in the forest north of the village.

A familiar face and words of people facing the death in her stead made her return to the village she once called home. What first only was meant to be saving them turned into something else; people she never thought she'd call friends became just that, people from distant lands came to seek her out, and creatures long forgotten came to awaken. Nothing turned out as it originally was planned.

This is the story about a young woman and the life she lived, this is just the beginning of something new. This is the story about Yuna Delgado and all the people she ever met.

As for the second part of the story it begins one month after the first part ends and it goes by the name "Servants of the Lords" and honestly I can't decide right now if I should change the name and let the second part and the third part (which begins right after the second part ends) become one. But if they do stay the same the third part will be called "The master of darkness". The two later part introduces seven new main characters, but it's still Yuna and co who also are main characters. I usually go into the dept more with the characters I barely let people know during the first part of the story and a few of the characters are in the story a whole lot less because they aren't needed as much as they were in the first part ... But I won't put up any synopsis for them, since I'm not very good at that part and probably would end up spoiling everything that happens in the first part if I do (and the synopsis for the third part would spoil everything in the second part).

And my problem with this project is the simple fact that I can't come up with a name for the "series", which I've been trying to do since 2008 when I realized that the story was so much longer than just one part.

Thirdly we have another story based on a dream, this one is also the first one I plan to write in English since the dream was in English. It goes by the name "Land of the dead" and oddly enough I haven't written a synposis for it in English - lol on that. But to put it shortly it's about a group of people, dragons, demons and a place that very well could be deemed as hell or the world you end up in after you die. But in the main characters' cases they end up there without being dead and the main plot mainly circles around them trying to figure out why and how they ended up in that hellhole. (and I can just say, I didn't have time to finish dreaming the dream, it ended in the middle of the story because I had to wake up and go to school; so from the middle it's just things I've tried to come up with based on what I learned in the dream and the hints about the reasons and such for us being in that world which really just tried to kill us each and every day we spent there ... Still, I really love the polt twist that happened for some reason close to the end of the story, even I didn't see that certain thing coming and I'm still in love with it).

Lastly I've a story that I've combined with the story that made me realize how much I like to write along with a more realistic story and not so very fantasy-like story (because if you haven't been able to tell it yet based on what I've said regarding the stories before this - all of them are fantasy stories even though "Land of the dead" might sound like a horror story, and even though I want it to be just that I'm not skilled enough to pull it off, so I deem it as fantasy). I call the story "No matter what" and I honestly intend to partly make one version in English like a picture-book with just the dialogs and not the descriptions about what the character feels and sees. And the other version in Swedish that's supposed to perhaps become a novel. I haven't decided yet if I want to have this story in question published ... Because I truthfully can't write some parts of this story without crying my eyes out until they're sore and I barely can see.

I could probably add one more thing that I'm working with, the manuscript for a theatre play named "The harem conspiracy" which is more like a history lesson than a fictional story. It's about the 20th dynasty in ancient Egypt and the murder of Ramesses III, but it's his son Pentawer / Unknown man E and two of my own characters living in the present day, Cleo and Mozart, who are the main characters. So even though the main plot is the murder of the Pharao, it's those three who are mostly in the spotlight. Though, I don't know when I'll finish it, but someday I will, because I'm very interested in that incident and I really enjoy writing manuscripts for both theatre plays and movies.

And now I've to quit writing this post, it turned out much too long. ;_; But anyhow, now you know what I'm currently working with even though no one will bother with reading this (I hope no one do read it, because it's much too late for me to be able to write in proper English, so lol, grammar failures everywhere over here, haha. Yes, I'll go to sleep now, I promise).

I'm writing a series named "The Brighter Darkness", and it's composed of 5 books, and afterward there would be 1 sequel book named "Destiny" and one prequel book named "Midnight". It's a really complicated series and world to explain, since there are so many aspects to it, but I'll "almost" give it a try. I've been working on it for two years now, but I haven't even started typing it up yet tongue.gif It's because I've been writing up what every chapter is going to be about (65 chapters in a book, times 7 books? Too much...) There is so much going on in the series I can not even come close to explaining it all, and I shouldn't try unless you want everything spoiled smile.gif If you see my book in the store someday (somehow), know it was me wink.gif

I'm writing a fantasy novel with dragons in it, but they're all based off of the appearance and traits of DC dragons. *shrugs* I've only written the prologue and first chapter, so it's not much of anything yet, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to get it published (I'm always worrying about copyright, lol I don't want to get in trouble).

On my scroll, after the eggs and hatchlings, there are a few dragons under 'My Favorites,' and most of those are in my book. smile.gif

I have two stories on a website called Quotev. One is called Animal Spirit and is about people who have always walked a path closer to nature and at some point in their life, might find a lifelong animal companion with whom they can telepathically communicate and they bolster each other's abilities, like parabatai from TMI. It follows Hazel Riverdance and how she discovers a plot to bring forbidden magic to the world. Magic she doesn't think should be forbidden.

The other is a Potter!lock AU in which everything is the same but the characters are all in HOgwarts. The links are here:

https://www.quotev.com/story/7859129/A-Stud...k-potterlock-au

https://www.quotev.com/story/6668914/Animal-Spirit

Plus a collection of weird dreams i've had:

https://www.quotev.com/story/7792648/Weirdest-Dreams

I don't really consider it a "book" as such, as more of my hobby to write atm.

But I've written a sort of story, set in a dystopian (yet made to seem utopian) world, where almost everyone is highly, highly, religious

Various sins are punished in different ways.

For example, rapists and murderers face the death sentence (non negotiable). Thieves get their hands cut off, ect. Liars get their tongues cut out.

However, there is also the choice of Exile from the city, not too many choose this, as the wilderness are known as a hostile place.

One of my characters, Evelin, is gay, and she faces the punishment of losing her ability to ever speak, and being partnered with a man.

However, only days into the punishment, Evelin murders her "partner" and is sentenced to death.

However, she fakes her own death, and rather than receive a respectable burial, her body is "Thrown to the wilderness" meaning that instead, she technically lives her life in exile.

Whilst out in the wilderness, she meets different exiled people, some of which have been exiled for (in my opinion) the most innocent of reasons. For example, Kiv, a boy who rebelled against his parents, simply over the colour of his own clothing.

(look it up, disrespect to parents is listed as a sin, and whilst I agree its not nice, its hardly worth going to hell and being punished for) and Nella, an orphan girl who chose to be exiled for telling a lie to a teacher. (Teachers in this universe are highly respected members of society who preach the word of the lord in education)

The story goes that they fight back against the highly religious authority, ect, whilst learning to survive and thrive on their own in the wilderness.

This idea came to me when me and a friend had a conversation about having ever being an "outsider" because of my own sexuality, which led into a topic of religion, which made me realise:

"They say god made everyone perfect/in his image"

So therefore, these sort of people are perfect too?

"different ideas of religion start so many wars"

its true

"_Is not a sin!"

Maybe some things, like murder,rape ect, are, but I don't think lying (sometimes you have to) and Homosexuality are really bad sins.

I am aware that this sort of thing can offend a lot of people, and for that, I am sorry if it has. Or if it doesnt make sense, its still in early days xd.png

I've got several stories in the making right now, although I haven't actually sat down and written any more on any of them for quite some time now. The main one I've worked on in the past is one I like to call The Changeling. Basically, it's about a young woman named Jana whose parents disappear when she's ten, leaving her and her three older siblings, two brothers and one sister, alone. Her sister basically takes on the role of mother to her three siblings, and when her brothers start getting into fights, Jana's sister moves all four of them to a new town, to try and make a fresh start. This theory backfires, because the boys start getting into more trouble than before, and eventually stop going to school, while Jana retreats inside herself because of constant bullying. Luckily, she becomes friends with two cousins named Luke and Jona, and when the three of them are attacked by a rival group of boys, Jana transforms into a golden dragon and attacks two of the boys, one with her claws and one by breathing lightning at him, but she has no idea she'd transformed until her friends and a stranger, named Gihan, tell her what happened. Gihan tells Jana that she's something called a changeling, a being that can transform into any animal at will, whether mythical or real. She also learns that she may be one of the last of her kind, as the rest of the changelings are disappearing because of a secret organization capturing and relocating them to a place known only to a few within the organization. This is basically the start of a journey to find and protect the remaining changelings, if there are any still free, from being captured. Despite some of the things she's been told, Jana discovers that all is not as it seems, and she must learn to be careful whom she trusts. I'm kind of stuck on it right now, and I'm waiting for some kind of inspiration to pick it back up.

I'm working on a historical novel about Spartacus, the Thracian gladiator who started a rebellion against Roman rule in about 73BC. Because history is written by the victors, there are only about 14 pages written about Spartacus and the rebellion.

Spartacus began the rebellion with about 70 gladiators. In 3 years his numbers swelled to about 70,000. The gladiators were fearless and the Roman legions were terrified of them, the Romans sustaining heavy losses every time they were engaged in battle.

Historically, Spartacus and the gladiators were defeated, but in my novel they are victorious. They will be the precursor to, and the sole proximate cause of the fall of the Roman Empire.

I have written 'the first story about blue waffle'

in it blue waffle gets captured, then escapes, then some other stuff happens, then deus ex machina

I'm writing a three part series called the Dino Whisperer. It's about a girl who can communicate directly with dinosaurs and the King who wants all the dinosaurs dead because of his own jealous needs.

Edited by Raptor of Dragons