Walker

RP Bulletin Board

Many of you will remember the RPs-in-Need threads that we had pinned. The mods have decided to expand on this concept, and so we are introducing the RP Bulletin Board. Just like RPs-in-Need, you can post RPs here that need RPers, but you can also go beyond that. Are you looking for an RP? Post here. Are you going to be gone for a few weeks and want all the RPs you’re in to know? Instead of posting separately three or four times for each RP, you can post it here instead. Want to do an interest check? Post your concept here and see how people respond. We’ll even let you post summaries of your RP’s plot. And now...you're allowed to even dump and trade ideas that you may think are great, but can't run. If you feel you have too many RPs as it is or you're a little to inactive to run an RP at the moment, you can post your RP ideas here for others to use!

The idea behind this thread is to have place where RPers can communicate with the whole section. Think of it as similar to a giant OoC thread. If you have any major announcements that you need more than just one or two RPs need to know, here would be the place to do it!

Here are a few rules before you post:

1. This is not a chat topic; do not treat it as such.

2. This a place for general RP notices, not specific RP notices. Keep plot discussion and such to the relevant OoC topic. The only exception to this is summaries of RPs, which we are allowing as a way to keep all RPers notified about the general course of an RP, if they feel so inclined on keeping tabs.

3. All RP and DC rules apply, as always.

4. You forfeit rights to your RP ideas if you post them to trade.

5. Bow to Kodiak. (Also, do not ask what this means.)

Here’s a form if you are advertising a RP:

[b][u]RP Advertisement[/b][/u]
[b]Name of RP:[/b]
[b]Link:[/b]
[b]# of active RPers:[/b]
[b]Plot Summary:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Here’s a form if you are looking for a RP:

[b][u]Seeking RPs[/u][/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Preferred Style of RP (ex. 1 on 1, short posts, long posts, ect.):[/b]
[b]Preferred  Genre:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Here's a form if you're leaving an RP idea:

[b][u]Trading Ideas[/u][/b]
[b]Possible Name of RP:[/b]
[b]Plot Summery:[/b]
[b]History Summery:[/b]
[b]Setting Summery:[/b]
[b]Other Details:[/b]

Edited by Mousia

Seeking RPs

Username: SureinDragon

Preferred Style of RP: Preferably one on one, with at least one or two paragraphs per post. Though, I'm willing to join a few other Group RP's.

Preferred Genre: Fantasy (especially dragons) as well as Pokemon. |D

Other: PM me if you are interested.

Cleaned out the old RPs

I just deleted RPs that have not been posted in during since before April. If I kicked anyone's RP to the trash, please PM me with a title and/or URL, and creator's name so that I can go fish it out again.

Thanks!

Seeking RPs

Username: akiraa

Preferred Style of RP: anytype

Preferred Genre: Pokemon mystery dungeon with different plot than games

Other: Please

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: Puppet Master

Link: Link

# of active RPers: 7

Plot Summary: You are in a giant arena that can change terrains. Here you battle with other players and upgrade to be the top competitor. You may be seeking escape from the arena or you are a warrior who relishes in it. Prizes may be added later

Other: We would like more than innocent dragons.

Edited by ArchiosLukos

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: Realm of Cursed Shadows

Link: Here

# of active RPers: Haven't started yet. One person has joined.

Plot Summary: The once peaceful land of Magiterra has been destroyed. An accident caused a man to be taken over by the Shadows and become a Cursed One, foul beasts that feed on human souls. The Curse, which is the name for the dark energy that turned the man into a beast, spread throughout the land, and now it is up to a small remaining group of survivors to must find powerful artifacts that they know to be the only way to get rid of the Curse. Little do they know, the power of the Shadows is growing, and soon they will be ready to take over Magiterra for good.

Other:

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: The Tribes

Link: IC thread OOC Thread

# of active RPers: um... 1 including me? we haven't started RPing.

Plot Summary: The once-powerful weredragons have been overthrown by their former subjects, the animals, and locked into the Alema Forest. They cannot get out without the help of the very powerful Laedol branch, which is under high security by one of the two tribes. That tribe is unwilling to use it to get out of the forest, and want to use negotiations. The other tribe is power hungry, and wants to overthrow the rebel animals and gain power again. Both the tribes are not anywhere close to getting out of the forest, but they continuously bicker over boundaries and who gets the stick. There are constant skirmishes over the boundaries, as well as some big battles over the Laedol branch...

Other: the character forms go in the OOC thread smile.gif If you like dragons, and like shapeshifting... then this is the RP for you!

Whats a RP? Message me to tell me. Oh and another thing. Who many vewis does it take to hacth an egg?

~Taken care of~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Seeking RPs

Username: Princess613

Preferred Style of RP: longer posts over shorter

Preferred Genre: any

Other: Original plots, please. I'd rather not have to deal with a fandom.

Seeking RPs

Username: Bot

Preferred Style of RP (ex. 1 on 1, short posts, long posts, ect.): Any kind is fine, as long as it is awesomeness.

Preferred  Genre: Any

Other: Pm me. Also, I'm more likely to want to do RPs that are active at night. 12:00 - 6:00 Site time.

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: AI-Artificial Intelligence

Link:[x]

# of active RPers: 0

Plot Summary: It's basically a droid vs. human war over the planet Earth. You can play as a droid, a droid on the side of the humans, a cyborg, or a human.

Other: This just started, but we're seeking rp'ers.

Seeking RPs

Username: dangershy, call me Demyx or Demy ninja.gif

Preferred Style of RP: Ehh, at least a paragraph, can't type more than one xd.png

Preferred Genre: Maybe fictional, with wolves, 'cause I'm obsessed with them.

Other: If anyone can get me a RP I'll give you a huge caaake.

Seeking RPs

Username: Aristocrap

Preferred Style of RP: Literate to Advanced, 2+ paragraphs per post

Preferred Genre: High fantasy (Such as LOTR, Dungeons and Dragons, etc.)

Other: If anyone has or is making a high-detailed, literate RP, I'd be interested in joining! I RP over at the Roleplayer's Guild, so I'm not new to the hobby at all. My username's the same over there.

Edited by Aristocrap

I went through and re-worded/deleted some things from the rule thread. There has been no rule changes though, just trying to state things in a clearer fashion.

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: Sjach Di Tiecelle

Link: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=115771

# of active RPers: Six(6) including myself.

Plot Summary: As a dragon of light, you thrive in the sun's warmth. So, as the sun starts to disappear in an ominous eclipse that has already lasted two weeks, covering nearly a quarter of the sun's surface, you feel the world growing colder...

As the darkness spreads like a wave across a beach, the sun slowly being consumed by a darkness none can explain, you receive a dream, a vision of a spectral dragon covered in stars and shining a light of pure warmth. In your vision, this specter of a dragon comes to you, pleading for your help. (Go read the RP to know more! tongue.gif )

Other: This RP has only just begun! It is a dragon only based "literate" RP, with a minimum of at least two(2) detailed paragraphs per post.

----------------------------------------------

Name of RP: Project S-KAPE

Link: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=116873

# of active RPers: Eight(8) including myself.

Plot Summary: In the year 2820, the Global Government is working to change intelligent life forever. The age of the humans is coming to an end, and as natural selection hasn’t been at work for many years, the human race has grown physically weak and flawed. With congenital defects and genetic disease becoming increasingly common, it is clear that the only way to save the species is to transform it altogether. In order to recreate the human race, the government has created a top-secret project called Key Affected Population Eradication. They have two goals: to invent a stronger human by fusing human DNA and animal DNA together, and to eradicate all remaining humans after this has been accomplished. (Again, go read the RP to know more! wink.gif )

Other: This RP is also "literate" with a two(2) detailed paragraph minimum. We have barely started, really. So newcomers are welcomed enthusiastically!

Edited by Little Nia

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: Yu-gi-oh 5ds, rise of the psychics.

Link:Yu-Gi-Oh 5d's rise of the psychics.

# of active RPers: only me T.T

Plot Summary: The psychic duelist's have risen into two teams, both looking for Exodia. One team is also looking for Yusei and his friends, for they have gone missing. Who will win?

Other: Want to know more, go check it out xd.png

Seeking RPs

Username: Dr. Paine

Preferred Style of RP (ex. 1 on 1, short posts, long posts, ect.): Small/medium (anywhere from 4-10 people), highly literate in terms of spelling and grammar, more relaxed on general post size. 3 sentence minimum would cover it. Knowledge of source material would be required. Should be kept fairly active, I seem to lose track of things that are not updated at least a few times a day. Depending on how well the idea goes, I would probably open things up to many more players, provided they know how things work. Wiki links and explanations will be provided as needed.

Preferred Genre: Mass Effect.

Other: I've actually got a small plot idea on hand, I just need people to help execute it. It would take place about 20-30 years after the events of the main trilogy, and (at least, at first) be set in Omega. It's still run by Aria, it's still full of violence and drugs and murder every day, nothing's really changed. Gangs still control most of the districts, but someone's been moving in on their territory. Rumors circulate about the near-mythical 'Archangel' having made a return, or at least, someone has taken up his ideas and name.

This is not incorrect- by the time this rp would take place, there would have been three who have held the title of Archangel, leading a small team with the singular goal of trying to clean up Omega. While the squad is made up of all species and walks of life, Archangel is always a turian (mostly because the popular image of Archangel is that he is a turian. It's also because the original one to pick up the mantle after Garrus left Omega sought inspiration from the spirit of what Archangel came to represent- it makes sense if you know turian belief systems).

The plot, or the beginning of it at least, would concern the latest Archangel's squad, and their struggles with various mercenary gangs, infiltrators, perhaps even a traitor or two. There's more than enough opportunity for characters to split up, go offworld, smaller plotlines... this is honestly the first rp I'd be doing that allows for some true open-endedness. At the very least, there would be a running plotline of the Archangel squad being hunted by the mercs. Players would have a wide variety of skills and weapons to use, as well as being able to work with any number of alien species. Major canon characters (Shepard, Garrus, Grunt, Mordin, etc) would not be playable, but secondary characters and popular NPCs would be allowed, if the timeframes mesh and the requester has a good knowledge of the game.

This will also require some assumptions about how ME3 will end, but the popular (Paragon) consensus is that Reapers are driven back, big damn heroes, all that stuff, then life just goes on. The only major differences might be:

-Krogan are more united. Younger krogan are much more peaceful, and the genophage is slowly being undone. However, krogan over the age of about 40 or so (re: most) may still cling to the violent, brutal nature they were raised with.

-Rachni are thriving but rare, and while not really welcome on most planets, they aren't immediately killed.

-The non-heretic geth have relinquished the quarian homeworld, or are co-existing in peace as they work to their own goals, and are a rare, but not exactly threatening sight in large settlements (I may allow geth to be playable, but only if you really impress me). Quite a bit of hostility still lingers, though.

-Quarians are no longer exiles, but the damage centuries on the flotilla is slow in changing, they're still restricted to their enviro-suits, and it's still a hazard if it's punctured. However, it's not the total death sentence it used to be. As with the geth and rachni, centuries of prejudice aren't undone in just a few decades- many people might still see them as nothing more than beggars or thieves. Krogans and quarians have also regained their embassies on the Citadel.

-Hanar have made it to the Council, bringing it up to five species that have a seat.

For the most part, things are about the same as they've ever been, but those are the notable changes I can see happening.

Playable species would be:

-Asari

-Batarians

-Drell

-Elcor

-Hanar

-Humans

-Krogans

-Quarians

-Salarians

-Turians

-Volus

Geth and vorcha spaces might be allowed, but only to people who prove they can handle the rather... unique way they'd operate. Rachni and other non-listed species will just not be included, either due to lack of info/difficulty of play/potential to be a gamebreaker/we've got 11 choices already.

That's about it. It's quite a text wall, and this is just the preliminary planning xd.png If anyone is interested, please reply to this or drop me a PM smile.gif I will likely not be playing Archangel myself, but rather, someone trying to get into his group.

Edited by Dr. Paine

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: BioShock

Link: Click here!

# of active RPers: None yet. It was only approved this morning.

Plot Summary: A cruise aboard the USS Queens had seemed like a great idea at the time. After all, it was on a luxury ship sailing from New York to England, a trip that would last about two weeks. Once you arrived in England, you could feel free to do as you please and to stay as long as you like. Getting home would be simple. Just book a flight back to the airport of your choice. A perfect plan for a perfect vacation. The problem is…"perfect plans" have a horrible tendency to fail. When the ship sinks one night for seemingly no reason about two hundred seventy miles off the coast of Iceland, leaving the passengers in the bleak darkness of night, surrounded by nothing but bone-chillingly cold water, only those that can swim have even the slightest chance of survival. A lucky few will find a small island, home to a dirty, ancient-looking lighthouse. Seeking shelter for the night, they enter the lighthouse…to find a passageway to a strange, undersea city filled with insane, genetically altered human beings. Welcome to Rapture. Will you survive until help arrives? Or is your fate to succumb to insanity and die?

Other: This RP is Semi-Literate+, with a minimum of ten detailed sentences per post. While knowledge of the video game series that this is based on would be helpful, it is not mandatory. I would love to get this RP up and off the ground, seeing as this is the second time I've done it... <3

Update: Consider me on a hiatus for a while- I can only use the internet for a short while a day, not enough to keep up with rps. Edited by Dr. Paine

Seeking RPs

Username: Poke11

Preferred Style of RP (ex. 1 on 1, short posts, long posts, ect.): Medium sized Posts

Preferred Genre: Pokemon or Monster Rancher

Other: PM me with answers! I'd really appreciate it!

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: [TBA]

Link: N/A

# of active RPers: N/A

Plot Summary: Medieval High-Fantasy Setting. Twelve years had passed since the initial demonic invasion. Most of the formerly mighty empires and kingdoms now lie in ruins, with only a handful of bastions still standing defiantly.

As one of the survivors, it will be your choices that will ensure- or doom the survival of those that are left.

Other: This is an interest check for an RP I've been working on for a while. I need a minimum of 4 players before I consider gathering and structuring all the necessary information for the IC- and discussion threads.

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: Pokemon: Journey in the Newmolu Region

Link: Link

# of active RPers: Besides myself, three.

Plot Summary: You start your journey on your birthday, you travel around the region creating your team, trying to stop the Evil team Diamond, and capture the new Pokemon, Tisp'mank!

Other: I would want about maybe seven or more people.

Seeking RPs

Username: Divvy

Preferred Style of RP: Medium/Varied post length, avid roleplayers.

Preferred Genre: Adventure, apocalypse, magic, war, culture-rich, medieval, medieval-fantasy, Warrior Cats, animals.

Other: I don't care too much for dragon roleplays, but I will join them on occasion depending on plot. I'll be happy to join anyone's Warrior Cat roleplay if they have one.

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, a New War

Link: Linky!

# of active RPers: Well, we haven't started yet, but I'm the only one who has made a form yet.

Plot Summary: After Darkrai lost his memory, he stopped creating nightmares. Because of the absence of nightmares, Cresselia went mad and became Primal Cresselia. She hit Temporal Tower with a blast that knocked the Time Gears back to their original places.

In the future, right before time started flowing again, Celebi sent back in time several more teams as a last resort. However, the Passage of Time malfunctioned, causing the teams to be sent to the time just after Cresselia became Primal Cresselia. They were also split up and all the pokemon lost their memories.

Later in the future, the world became paralyzed once more due to Cresselia hitting Temporal Tower. Grovyle was once again sent back in time to help save the world.

Now the teams must save the world by finding all the time gears and place them back in Temporal Tower. They also have to find a legendary pokemon, Jinthil, to restore Darkrai's memory.

Other: The plot is explained much better in the RP. OH AND WE HAVE COOKIES!