Hiei101

Final Fantasy

I was just wondering how many people here enjoy the final fantasy series. If so which one is your favorite?

My favourite game is 7, followed closely by 10 and crisis core. Completed Crisis Core about 4 times, even on hard mode.

Never finished 8, got bored of it part way through, can't remember where though, some point after getting the plane thing

I have 9 but never got round to actually playing it, currently playing 10-2. Its ok but not as good as 10

I have 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2 & 12.

Working on getting Crisis Core.

Although I don't have a favourite as such (I really enjoyed them all) 12 was the one I couldn't really get into. I completed it and felt nothing. No satisfaction or anything.

I played 9 a few months later though, totally got back into it xd.png

I have 9 but never got round to actually playing it, currently playing 10-2. Its ok but not as good as 10

^ This.

I want 100% on X-2... New Game Plus FTW. xd.png

My PS2 refuses to play 9 and I can't beat what's-her-face on 8. The last boss, Ulti-whatever.

<3 the series, wish I could play more. rolleyes.gif

My PS2 refuses to play 9 and I can't beat what's-her-face on 8. The last boss, Ulti-whatever.

I stocked up on Aura stones/spells and just limit breaked her butt.

I stocked up on Aura stones/spells and just limit breaked her butt.

I haven't played in ages, but for limits your health has to be low, and I can beat her first easy form, but then the stinkin lion-junction comes and usually I can beat him. Then they merge, that's where I usually lose. I think there's one more powered-up form after that that I've only gotten to once. T_T I like Haaaaaaaaaaaaste. Need to level up, probably. If I ever get back to playing it, and then I'll probably just start over.

What stunk the first time I played it was that it was late at night, I didn't have a PS1 memory card, and it would NOT save on a PS2 card. So I played for about 3-4 hours, got stuck running between the school and town (I couldn't find the stinking train! WTH!), then realized I was going to have to turn it off without saving. I got stuck in the same place again before I totally on accident found the stupid path in the far corner to get on the train. dry.gif </angry rant>

I haven't played in ages, but for limits your health has to be low, and I can beat her first easy form, but then the stinkin lion-junction comes and usually I can beat him. Then they merge, that's where I usually lose. I think there's one more powered-up form after that that I've only gotten to once. T_T I like Haaaaaaaaaaaaste. Need to level up, probably. If I ever get back to playing it, and then I'll probably just start over.

What stunk the first time I played it was that it was late at night, I didn't have a PS1 memory card, and it would NOT save on a PS2 card. So I played for about 3-4 hours, got stuck running between the school and town (I couldn't find the stinking train! WTH!), then realized I was going to have to turn it off without saving. I got stuck in the same place again before I totally on accident found the stupid path in the far corner to get on the train. dry.gif </angry rant>

Not always. I used to use Selphie's limit all the time when her health was maxed. I had Rinoa cast Aura on her then released the fury xd.png

Oh yeah...I remember trying to find the train. That was one of the con's to 8. You couldn't always see where you were going. dry.gif

The worst time on 8 for me though was fighting the Aliens in space. I didn't know they were colour coded xd.png Kept fighting them over and over again.

tongue.gif I'm still a n00b at playing FF. I enjoy playing it though.

I am playing #7 on my PS2... But I do also have 8, 9, 10, 10-2, and 12.

I'm still not very far into #7... But it is still fun to play. cool.gif

I'm new at it and I'm playing Final Fantasy 4 for DS right now. I love it so far and am almost done with the game.

Cool! I play final fantasy tactics but haven't really gotten a chance to play the other versions... I have to say I like tactics A2 more than the original

I got Funal fantasy 1&2 combo for GBA, FF 3 for DS, ff4-6 for GBA, ff10, and ff12.

I for no fave since I haven't beaten any yet...

My fav is crisis core, it's really cool that you can finaily dominate your opponents without giving them a chance to attack.

the original releases for the SNES of 4,5,6 are the japanese versions of 1,2,3

I have played every single Final Fantasy except for Crystal Chronicles and FFXII Wings of the Pegasus.

2/5 was really good for its idea that you could switch "jobs" (classes) for any character at any time except in combat

7 is by far my favorite because all the games have they fun factor but 7 took it to a whole new level, it is the only game that ever brought a tear to my eye (still does every time i hear Aerith's theme), and i prefer the materia system to any other so far.

I wasn't to fond VIII because i didn't like the fact that you had to "steal" magic and then not use it so you can improve your weapons/armor. also the whole limit break being completely random was kind of a put off.

9 was really good, i miss my copy of that

10 was ok except for what the enemy was named

10-2 was ok

11 is online only and really boring, you have to be a minimum level of 6 which takes awhile to get to in order even beat the first mission and then level 10 for the next one which corresponds to hours upon hours of eventless grinding.

12 - had a revolutionary system in that you could custom coat each character towards a unique job. plus as a benefit it was a continuation of FF Tactics Advanced and a prequel to FF Tactics (for PS1) which takes place long after either game when all the races except for human and chocobo are extinct

I'm currently playing 12 and I've had a go at 3 on the DS. Love them!

I've seen Advent Children as well... does that count? Because I love the movie too.

My favorite FF games are 8, 9 and 10.

7 was ..okay. It had it's perks but most of the characters rub me the wrong way. By the way, am I the only one who went "lol awesome." when Aeris/Aerith/Whatever died?

The only thing I really hated about 8 was, like someone else mentioned, having to steal all your magic. Aside from that I loved it. Especially getting all of the GFs, it's fun having to track them all down as apposed to them being thrown at you.

I'm not really sure why I like 9 so much, but I really need to re-buy that soon... T__T

There was this one boss I totally hated..I don't remember what it was called but it was that floating ball thing.

X I loved~ The Sphere Grid and the Aeons were just awesome. My favorite Final Fantasy game so far. Tidus was a total pansy, and I didn't like not being able to ride my chocobo everywhere.. Oh well.

Yay Anima and Auron 8D

I just ordered Final Fantasy XII..I really hope it's as good as everyone says it is.

The only game I really hate out of that series was X-2.. It was just a skanky treasure-hunting-dress-up game with a boring plot line.

Tactics was good for its game play as it was the first of the strategy/rpg games in the series. Also the plot was excellent.

I just ordered Final Fantasy XII..I really hope it's as good as everyone says it is.

I didn't like 12 very much, dunno why, maybe because the battle system is actually quite slow and you can't control the party members in the same way

I actually have

PS1:

Originals (1 & 2), 6, 7, 8, 9

PS2:

10, 10-2, 12, FF7: Dirge Of Cerberus

PSP:

FF7: Crisis Core, 1, 2, Tactics: War of Lions

DS:

3, Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (x2 for some reason)

Movies

Spirits Within, Advent Children

Pre-Order:

Dissidia (PSP, out September), 13 (PS3, Out 2009 is all it says), Advent Children Complete (Blu-Ray, Out July)

I like tactics because I like strategy moreso than realtime =p but I also never really got to try the other final fantasy games which seems like a letdown now...

Tactics was good for its game play as it was the first of the strategy/rpg games in the series. Also the plot was excellent.

That's if you could understand the plot through all the mistranslations and spelling/grammar fail.

I have VIII, IX, X, and XII. Oh, and I have IV for the DS. My favorite so far has been X. I watched someone else play X-2 and although that looked intriguing, I passed on actually buying it. I actually loved XII's battle system although it did take some getting used to. And I liked that I could choose what to fight in XII instead of walking around in an empty field and having some giant beast attack me out of nowhere. Another thing I loved about XII - no love story! I'm a total Balthier/Fran shipper, though.

I own 5, 7, 9, 10, 10-2, and 12.

I love 9. Period.

So far, I like 7. Cid and Barret get on my nerves though. It's like they do their best to swear in every one of their lines. And because Aerith died so early in the game her death wasn't as sad for me as it should have been.

I like 10 (it was actually the first one I completed). Some things bugged me, and I never got too attached to any of the characters except Tidus and Yuna (I do like the other characters though).

I like 12 so far, though it seems I have had to do a decent amount of level grinding. The battle system is fun. The plot I like, though I keep forgetting what is going on. Ashe's constant heavy breathing annoys me as well.

5 is a bit boring. Though I'm no where near the end. I bought it used though, and have a really awesome save file on it. : D

Hoping to get Crisis Core and DoC soon, as well as 8.

I have 4 (DS version, but I've played the GBA version as well), 7 (origional plus Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core), 9, 10 (and X-2). So far I've beaten 4, and crisis core and I'm really close to beating 9

I'd have to say my favorite is.....uhmm, I can't decide. 4, 7, and 9 are all so awesome

Edited by Frozenblade

I have every FF ever made (even BC) but my favorites are 1, 4 and 7.

my fave off shoots are A2, chocobo's tales and CC.