MoonlightEevee

Time Zone Windows for Zombies

Okay, so some people and I have been talking via Discord about the Zombies when we realised there is a certain factor about them. The time window frame to make them. People have to line up their zombie projects to correspond to DC time, which is exactly between midnight and 6 am DC Time Only.

However, there a many people who have to miss out on the timeframe neither because of sleep or they have to work.

perhaps not with just sleep, but there are other factors, too. Imagine for instance having a job in construction and phones are absolutely forbidden at the job site. You get up in the morning and go to work before the window of opportunity. You cant get on during breaks or lunch because you're not allowed your phone at the job site. By the time you get off work in the evening, the window has already closed again

I can't speak for a construction person, but I can speak for myself. Unless it's for a new release, I don't and cannot stay up that late to do any sort of zombie projects. By the time I wake up, it's two hours too late. I would really to see the time window opened for more hours.

Say, maybe 6 PM~6 AM? Thoughts on the subject?

Edit: 😌 I messed up and put this under Site Discussions not Suggestions xd.png sorry for any confusion

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

As someone who's in EST and works mornings, I'm neutral. Is it a rough time to hit? Yes. But we have all day on 31sts to make up for it, and something about them only appearing after midnight has a fun ominous flare that a 6 PM (or even 9 PM) start wouldn't evoke.

(In case you didn't know, zombies show all day on the 31st of every month, and the odds of creating one are higher then, too smile.gif)

I think making zombies easier to obtain via an infect BSA or higher success rates would be amazing for its own sake and help people who have trouble hitting that time zone, because having to wait for the 31sts wouldn't be as big a negative if you could get a big chunk of the zombies you need every other month or so.

There are 7 31sts in a year, one of which is Halloween. So if the odds of zombie making were raised to 50% on 31st and 75% on Halloween (my wish!), and people manage kills to get 10 dead adults ready to go every 31st, that's around 37 adult zombies a year on average even for those who can't get on during the nightly window. Numbers would be even higher if you add in making hatchie zombies or an infect BSA.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

They CAN be created in the day time, actually. Just saying.

Zombies

Previously, zombies were limited to Halloween. Now, zombies can be obtained at any time, with a scaling chance of success based on the time (e.g. when zombies are visible, the chance is higher).

A better chance when they are visible, but they can be created at other times (lowest to highest success: day time, night time, 31st of a month, and Halloween)

I would be okay with the night time zombie visibility/creation times/odds being extended by just a few hours (although I'm not too optimistic about this happening, tbh - just one of those quirks of how DC works on a time-based schedule for several dragons now), but zombies can be created at any time now, so technically the base of what you're asking is already a thing. =p

I agree. I have the flexibility to stay up past midnight, but the zombie aspect of DC has pushed my sleep schedule later than it probably should be. I understand the reasoning behind when they appear, but it's still frustrating, and maybe should be changed.

I've already mentioned this somewhere else, but except for timezones related issues to try to make a zombie (sleeping hours, working hours without any access etc.)

(And attempting them out of the visibility window is just a waste, even the nighttime attempts have such a low success chance it's discouraging to try if it's not 31st (unless that improved a bit by now?))

bacause of how short and when the visibility window is, it's far from how rewarding they should be - I personally never see mine because normally I'm online after 6am DC when I have days off, and when I have classes or sth I'm back even later... (and I don't have mobile internet, don't even start on that^^; ), I wish they were visible before I go to sleep so I could truly enjoy having them, aside to slowly fulfilling the completionist scroll goal for the goal's sake - it's just not the same to see them tombstones like all the time.

Support for 2 general reasons - for making them and enjoying them once made.

Also games aren't for themselves, they're for players, people's entertainment is the very reason games were ever invented... so lore fitting for the sake of the game, but unplayable or not there for the players when they play doesn't really make sense in a game... why would a game universe be even made for its own sake? Games don't like on their own, they live through people playing them and only for this reason they exist (at least that was what games were invented for)

Edited by VixenDra

All Zombies I made after the update of them possible of being created at any time was when Zombies weren't visible tongue.gif So I'm neutral ~ And DC midnight is at 6 in the morning for me :L

I'd love this, but for another reason - I have stopped caring about zombies and given up on collecting all the lovely new sprites, because I'm usually not online when they're visible, so what's the point in collecting all the different variants? All I ever see are tombstones anyway.

Edit: Maybe zombies could get a "zombie apocalypse" BSA that makes them visible for 24 hours biggrin.gif Is there a suggestion like this already?

Edited by Ha-Ki

Despite the way zombies work, I think it would be way better if they showed as tombstones on the scroll, but as their natural selves when you visit their view page. (Even if it's so that only the owner of a zombie can actually see the real thing. Like only the owners of fogged eggs can go to their view page.)

Apart from that, I'm totally neutral on the suggestion at hand, as I'm not into zombies and couldn't care less.