ValidEmotions

Dance of the Egyptian || OOC

Hello there! This is the OOC for Dance of the Egyptian!

Here, you will place any and all character sheets, the template for which can be found in the IC thread. Any comments, questions, and concerns about the RP will also go here. I'm open to suggestions you may have about sub-plots. If you want to keep it secret, then PM ideas to me. I'll let you know if there's a good spot to slide it in during the main plot.

With everything up and ready, you are free to post!

Well, I guess I'm first.

I very much like this idea, and I think I've already spoken to you about reserving Set (if not, consider this that conversation). Very much looking forward to what you have in store, but first I gotta make a new kid to use, so I'll reply with the character sheet as soon as I'm done.

Yes, we did. smile.gif I almost have my characters ready; just one personality to finish. I'll wait until we get all of the sheets for the reserved Gods in before starting the rp.

My characters:

Username: Valid

Name: Liam Orner

Appearance: With short, black hair and dark brown eyes, Liam has tanned skin. He stands at about 6'2" with a narrow face and an athlete's build. Though, he's more of a runner than a fighter possessing long legs with more muscle development in his core and legs; not really his arms. In loose clothing, he looks lanky. His nose is slightly broad and flat, looking a bit too big for his face, and rests above thin lips. His brow line is shallow and his cheekbones are mostly concealed. He favors wearing a lightweight, gray vest over plain t-shirts or tank tops with dark blue jeans and sneakers.

Personality: Liam will be the first to admit he's scared and completely out of his comfort zone. However, that won't stop him from taking initiative if no one else will. He has an innate desire to help people, no matter what the situation looks like. While he isn't a genius by school standards, he does have decent street smarts and can talk his way out of trouble. Or, at the very least, he can try.

Having more of a serious nature, Liam prefers fewer jokes and more in-depth conversation. As such, he's not brilliant with small talk. Comforting people isn't in his list of skills, more likely to have a blunt approach without meaning to. So he avoids situations with people who are crying or extremely upset.

God/Goddess: Apophis [Or Apep, whichever name you wish to call him]

Animal: Horned vipor

Relic: Flint in the shape of a circular pendant

Abilities:

-> Shape shifting [Active]

Other: N/A

Username: Valid

Name: Tamara "Tony" Larp

Appearance: Tony likes to wear pleated or layered skirts with a blouse or collared shirt underneath a lightweight sweater. She keeps her long brown hair free, allowing the curls and waves to drape over her shoulders and down to the small of her back. Her eyes are hazel in color naturally but she likes to wear grey, non-prescription contacts. Standing at about 5'4", she has darkened, olive skin and a slender build and angled facial features. Her hands are soft with delicate fingers. On her feet she usually wears flats that match the range of colors in her outfits.

Personality: Tony is always smiling, always giving off the impression that she's a happy-go-lucky type of girl. And, for the most part, she is. She enjoys having fun and being around friends or family. She likes to move around, to go out and do something like bowling or just a trip around the city. She's usually always at ease. Though, when she's tired or in need of food, she'll often get grumpy and short tempered. So long as she isn't grumpy, she's a friendly person who will almost always approach first and strike up the conversation.

She has arachnophobia and will not take kindly to someone who wants to pull a prank based on this fear. She doesn't tolerate being picked on and isn't afraid to give her blunt opinion about someone who thinks they can get away with bullying her. She's developed into a loud and bold personality, giving her the appearance that she just might go looking for trouble to have fun.

Tony avoids stress as best as she can with her laid-back behavior. However, this has turned into her simply stuffing down what's troubling her into a mental bottle until it breaks, resulting in a torrent of thoughts and emotions that haven't been dealt with.

God/Goddess: Anubis [Or, lesser known as Anapa]

Animal: Black Jackal

Relic: A golden Ankh pendant

Abilities:

Again, the RP won't start until everyone has sent in their sheets.

~ May the sands of chaos inspire you ~

Username: Coryn02

Name: Brandon Moore

Appearance: Brandon is an unassuming guy with Caucasian skin tone, short brown hair, hazel eyes, and he stands with a relaxed posture. He generally wears his favorite brown hooded jacket overtop a plain T-shirt and baggy pants. His facial expression is most often calm. Brandon is 163 cm in height and weighs roughly 145 pounds.

Personality: Brandon is generally laidback in most situations, prefering not to cause trouble. When a problem does arise, he will claim responsibility for any part he played in it, even a relatively minor one. Should conflict arise that he cannot defuse, Brandon is often rude in his assertions and stubborn to the point of being thoughtless. His main goal in life is to get by while absolving himself of blame he cannot ignore. Above all else, he wants whatever life he lives to be one he would deem having an overall positive effect on the world around him, though it doesn't exclude flaws or mistakes so long as he can control them.

God/Goddess: Set (or Sutekh, depending on who you ask)

Animal: The sha is a lean canine creature with long squared ears and a forked tail. It is covered in crimson fur with lighter undersides. The head of the sha is that of an anteater, save that its jaw opens to reveal sharp teeth and oversized hippopotamus fangs. Its yellow eyes are lined with kohl, black eyeliner, and the beast's presence has an overall unsavory feeling, due to its chaotic nature.

Relic: Set's relic is a was, a wooden quarterstaff topped with a simplified animal head and a forked end.

Abilities:

Edited by Coryn02

Username: Avialae

Name: Rita DeLuca

Appearance: She's fairly tall, about 5'10 or 11'', with jet black hair that falls to the middle of her back. Her light brown eyes are hidden behind a pair of metal-framed glasses, and she doesn't usually bother wearing makeup as it's too much of a hassle. Her outfit usually consists of a T-shirt or long-sleeved shirt, depending on the weather, a pair of blue jeans, and some old, scuffed-up sneakers.

Personality: Maggie is a sophmore at a nearby college, living on her own in the dorms. She has a wide variety of eclectic interests, ranging from various TV shows to music to video games to science fiction and fantasy novels to anime to biology to world history to paleontology to whatever happens to catch her interest. She spends her free time inbetween studying for classes increasing her knowledge in these subjects. The one drawback with this way of life is that it gives her little time to make friends in the real world. Maggie has never been one to be very dependent on social interaction, however, so that's fine with her. It's not like she doesn't have more than enough to keep her occupied as it is.

God/Goddess: Isis, also known as Aset

Animal: Isis always has the head of a human as far as I'm aware, but she is often depicted with the body and/or wings of a black kite . . . does that count?

Relic: Tyet or Knot of Isis (magical amulet resembling an ankh; considered her symbol)

Abilities: For now, characters can only shapeshift into their animal. More abilities will be revealed later.

Edited by Avialae

Username: Fangirl05

Name: Alexander "Al/ex" Price

Appearance: Alex is an unimposing figure: He's fairly short at about 5'8" and weighs a slight 125 pounds. He has short, slightly scruffy black hair, very pale skin and brown eyes. He wears large, round glasses for farsightedness - think Harry Potter's glasses, but slightly thicker - and typically dresses in dark, slightly loose clothes. He looks a bit like the quintessential nerd.

Personality: Despite looking like the quintessential nerd, Alex is... Decidedly not. Although his parents have always insisted to him that he's smart, he has a mild form of both dyslexia and dyscalculia, which makes schoolwork of any kind difficult. As a result, he's unsure of himself and fairly meek, usually reluctant to speak up. He usually acts hostile if someone he doesn't know tries to talk to him

God/Goddess: Thoth

Animal: Ibis

Relic: Scroll.

Abilities: Shapeshifting [Active]

I'll wait until Thursday morning before starting the RP. If Epyon and water_angel haven't turned in their sheets by then, we'll start without them and they'll need to catch up.

Username: water_angel

Name: Anna Astraia Sanzio

Appearance: 5' 5" with pale skin and shoulder length dark brown hair with natural red highlights that is always in a ponytail. Hazel colored eyes. Dress style is comfy casual, usually jeans, and a nice top and a caridgan/sweatshirt depending on the weather. She loves jewelry and has a silver necklace with multiple charms, a bracelet with amethyst stones and various earrings to match the shirt she is wearing at the time.

Personality: A shy person who prefers the company of a book over the company of other people. Although adverse to people, she is always willing to lend a hand to those in need; she believes in using her skills to benefit others. She values the few friends she has very deeply and takes dishonesty and abandonment very personally. She is a hard worker and believes in doing things the right way no matter what, and has little patience when co workers take the easy way out or don't complete their share of the workload.

In recent years she has grown more confidence in herself and of trying new things, which has led her on some amazing adventures and experiences. Her love life is non existent; she believes in not being tied down and being free to live life as she chooses.

Despite trying to go back to school while working full time, she still makes time for fun with archery, video games reading and visiting museums. Growing up she loved to go to museums and has made it a personal goal to visit them all. When she graduated high school she went to school to study chemistry where she learned about the field of forensic archaeology and decided to pursue this career further. She grew up in a small town so moving to the city makes her feel both excited and anxious.

God/Goddess: Bast

Animal: Cat

Relic: Sistrum (a musical instrument of ancient Egypt consisting of a metal frame with transverse metal rods that rattled when the instrument was shaken.)

Abilities: Shapeshifting (cat)

Other: NA

Okay! I'm in the process of writing the first post.

Wanted to clarify something really quickly in case it was confusing people:

You are allowed more than 1 character. Ignore the 'eight chests' count in the Plot because I needed to throw in a random number. If there are more than eight characters, there will be more than eight chests. So, for example... If we have twelve characters, all of them will be looking for a total of twelve chests.

Username: Epyon

Name: Xavier Enders

Appearance: Brown hair with hazel eyes, Xavier stands at a modest height of 5'7", not the tallest member of his family but by no means the shortest. Xavier played soccer and lacrosse quite often growing up, as a result he has a lean, athletic build that has a nice olive color to it.

Personality: Xavier could be considered a mischief maker due to his sly and witty sense of humor. He usually ends up making jokes of some kind or getting dragged into the mischievous antics of his childhood friends in which case, he's all too willing to join in the fun. He tends to be serious in most occasions but he loves to laugh and is somewhat of a social butterfly once he's familiar with someone. Growing up, he loved to learn about ancient societies and their deities to make no mention of wars, both ancient and modern. As a result of this, he can tell which weapons are which at a glance.

God/Goddess: Ra

Animal: Ferruginous hawk

Relic: Khopesh

Abilities:

-> Shapeshifting [Active]

Other:

I did realize that, but I didn't want to take up any more well-known gods in case anyone else wanted to join in. I also wasn't sure if we could still make characters once the RP actually started.

If there's still time, maybe I could make a second character sheet for Sekhmet? If not, it's fine, I understand.

Oh ahah. I just wanted to make sure people were aware of this. The thread won't be closed to any new characters (or members) for the foreseeable future. There's always a way to add new characters in, even later down the line of the plot.

Yes, a Sekhmet character is fine. smile.gif

Epyon, Xavier is accepted. Everyone is here and everyone can post whenever. ^^

Edited by Narvix

Okay, here's the submission for the Sekhmet character. I'll make the post for Rita soon.

Username: Avialae

Name: Jace Bates

Appearance: She is unusually tall for a woman, over six feet tall in height, with long blond hair, tan skin, and hazel eyes. She has a naturally sturdy build covered in muscle from long hours spent working out, as she used to be an amateur boxer after she left her parents' house, and although she quit several years ago still keeps up her training. Jace is currently wearing a pair of dark green shorts, a white sleeveless top under a black jacket, and a pair of sneakers.

Personality: Jace was abused by her parents as a child, and she still carries the emotional scars from that ordeal to this day. Although she tries to hide it with a facade of bold confidence, she has a deep sense of self-loathing, and finds it difficult to believe anyone could ever accept her. Jace is always emotionally on guard to the point she doesn't know how to back down, and tends to lash out unpredictably whenever she perceives a possible threat, at times surprising even herself. The combination of all these personality traits adds up to a somewhat hostile attitude, meaning she has few friends, but when someone does manage to earn her trust, rare though that is, she is incredibly loyal to them.

God/Goddess: Sekhmet

Animal: Lioness

Relic: Sekhem scepter - a long staff ending in the shape of a flat paddle

Abilities:

Edited by Avialae

Just for clarification, do we have to wait for everyone to post before one person posts again? Or can the story happen between the same people for a while?

Jace is accepted smile.gif

Yes, if you have an interaction just between two people. If you are interacting with more than one, it's better to wait for everyone to post. That way, you aren't leaving anyone behind and they're allowed to react to situations.

Now, if someone is taking too long to post (say a couple weeks for example) and you've been told it's okay to post without them, then go for it.

should we move on? It's been over three weeks since someone has posted.

and as a note, I will not be around if we do move on Thusday through saturday of this coming week.

Sorry, that's partly my fault for not poking people (though I shouldn't have to). I have work today but I'll be posting as soon as I'm back home.

Okay, I've posted to keep the thread moving.

The unknown being will state who everyone was 'awoken' by but in the next post. I just didn't want this one to be super long.

I used random.org to pick a number from 1 to 8 and it picked 6 - Sekhmet in the alphabetized list of Taken/Reserved Gods.