Pixxelation

Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

As of today, Nintendo has announced Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, feautring "an alternate story set in the world of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon." New forms of Solgaleo and Lunala were also showcased.

The global launch is set for November 17. Who's hyped?

im uh... lukewarm. was kinda hoping for a sequel or a switch game. we'll see at E3 i guess.

I hate how the majority was taken up by Pokken Tournament, blegh. But hello, new games! One ticket to the Hype Train, please!

Interesting how it gave focus to Togedamaru, Mimikyu and Lycanroc. New forms or abilities, maybe? Will we get to see what's under Mimikyu's disguise? And those new forms....calling it, those are fusions with Necrozma. And they look....well. Weird. Really REALLY weird.

Also, canon is that Solgaleo/Lunala is with the protag of Sun/Moon, so how do these new forms factor in?

Overall, I'll wait for new info before getting TOO hyped. Also hoping for a name change, because Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon......ick.

Edited by CharonDusk

Wow, I hadn't heard of this! -Scurries off to look up more info-

I'm excited! biggrin.gif

Just found out about this myself. I'm really hyped. I'm already planning to pre-order Ultra Moon. Also I found out that they're going to be releasing a port of gold and silver version to download for the 3DS. That has me even more excited so I'm definitely going to be grabbing me a copy of gold while I'm at it.

Solgaleo and Lunala look dope af! Like, damn, dude!

Hell yes I'm excited! These new games look SO GOOD!

I wonder what part Necrozma has to play in the alternate story.

"Hmm, nah, I don't need to check Pokemon news today."

"Hmm what the hell is this joke topic? "Ultra Sun?" Lol."

WAIT.

"Hmm, nah, I don't need to check Pokemon news today."

"Hmm what the hell is this joke topic? "Ultra Sun?" Lol."

WAIT.

That was pretty much my reaction as well until I went to watch the Direct xd.png With it being mostly Pokken Tournament, I was like "Real funny, PieMaster," then the last 30 seconds is like "Well. That's a thing!"

Though with those names, you can see why people would think it's a joke xd.png

The names sound like a joke, and so do the new forms. xd.png glowing beast with dark armor, looks like something I'd design when I was 11. I feel like there's going to be tons of fanart with other pokemon with that Necrozma fusion armor //yugioh cyber monster look.

Posted this a couple places but: Ultra Guardian!

user posted image

Edited by TehUltimateMage

My first reaction was that Sun and Moon haven't even been out for a year yet. Though it seems like it'll be releasing on the Sun and Moon's anniversary.

The new forms look cool. Necrozma is rather mysterious so I'm curious of the alternative story.

Edited by JolteonTails

Does everyone really hate the new Lunala and Solgaleo forms? Because they look fantastic. I'm hyped.

Mostly I just hope there's more postgame content in these ones. I finished Moon in like three days and promptly fell into a depressive episode.

Ultra Solgaleo is my favorite for sure. But I think I'll be ordering Ultra Moon when the time comes, since I have the Sun version and would like a chance to obtain a Lunala.

I'm actually having mixed feelings on this. As a Pokémon Veteran who has played the series since Red and Blue, Sun and Moon versions were my least favourite games I played. Before you ask me why:

• Too much hand holding and there's no option to turn that off
  • Too many cut scenes
  • The trainers were a joke to battle

I might get Ultra Moon version just so I can say I played it, but depending on how well it's handled with the cut scenes and hand holding determines how much effort I'll put into it.

My reaction: Already?

Sun and Moon was a good game, but I don't think it was my favorite. My favorite aspect was the ability to customize your trainer. The progression felt muddy compared to the gym system, and I didn't really like it though I appreciate the fact they were trying to go out of the box.

So eh I'm lukewarm.

SO HYPED, I CANT WAIT! It comes out 3 days before my birthday, so maybe I'll try dropping hints here and there to my parents xd.png

Also, canon is that Solgaleo/Lunala is with the protag of Sun/Moon, so how do these new forms factor in?

Well, a big part of the plot of Sun and Moon is the whole alternate dimensions thing, but who knows?

Edited by chatbugdweeb

Well, a big part of the plot of Sun and Moon is the whole alternate dimensions thing, but who knows?

GoN, please no. I love the whole idea of alternate dimensions in ANY series and yet so few actually touch on them. I really don't want them to go this route because I'm really worried they will mess it up royally.

Also, off-topic high-five for fellow WTNV fan.

I'm kinda getting the feeling this is gonna be like pokemon Platinum, a retelling of the story with additions. I would be ok with that depending on what they change, and what they add.

I'm not as excited about these as I would expect myself to be. Though it's possibly just because I'm disappointed no proper Pokemon game is happening for the Switch... Switch already has plenty of fighting games either out or upcoming, I want something else.

'course, I'll end up buying US/UM anyway, because pokemon. Just not as hyped about them as I was about S/M. Hopefulyl those empty spots in each town are filled up now. Gyms, possibly? Since now the pokemon league has been set up on Alola and all...

I'm not as excited about these as I would expect myself to be. Though it's possibly just because I'm disappointed no proper Pokemon game is happening for the Switch... Switch already has plenty of fighting games either out or upcoming, I want something else.

'course, I'll end up buying US/UM anyway, because pokemon. Just not as hyped about them as I was about S/M. Hopefulyl those empty spots in each town are filled up now. Gyms, possibly? Since now the pokemon league has been set up on Alola and all...

Ou~ That would be amazing! Then it would be similar to gold and silver how one could travel to another region, but in this round they get the island challenge AND gym battles.

That might also explain the connection for why they're releasing Gold and Silver on the eshop on the same day. I'm just speculating, but it would make sense.

It surprised me how many people were so disappointed this wasn't on switch. But I'm like, it was a less than 10 minute direct, they weren't going to announce something so huge as a mainline game going on a console.

So I wasn't disappointed because I had no expecations

I'm a bit indifferent to it. I guess it's because S&M came out not all that long ago (like less than a year ago).

Solgaleo/Necrozma looks best of the two (I like the crazy ear thing going on with it). But I'll probably get Ultra Moon just because I have Moon version.

As an aside, I am, however, disappointed that Pokken got ported to Switch and Wii U version is getting left to die with no DLC. I know Wii U was more or less a failure, but some support for those of us who did buy it would be nice.

Eh, not a fan of Ultra Sun/Moon so far. Necro Lunala looks... why. Solgaleo is my preferred of the pair this time round.

Excited about Pokken Tournament on the switch, though. Didn't get it on the Wii U because cost but all the new stuff makes it seem more worth it.