Estellux

Alternate Lives Raffles : Raffle Closed!

Alternate Lives Raffles

News

None ATM

About
What we do here, when, and how.

Hello and welcome! This is the Alternate Lives Raffle, where all dragons raffled are the progeny of Spriter’s Alt dragons (more info on Spriter's Alts here). Donations and entries are sent via Google Form or PMs if absolutely necessary, and winners are posted and PMed their prize upon the conclusion of the raffle.

Raffles are hosted during the second week of each month, barring special events and new dragon releases. Donations open on Tuesday at around 8:30PM Cave Time and remain open for 24 hours. The raffle opens on Wednesday at around 9PM Cave Time and remains open for 24 hours as well. Prizes are posted and sent ASAP once entries are closed.

Rules
Each rule infraction results in a strike and temp-ban. First strike bars you from the next raffle, second strike from the next 2 raffles, and third strike is perma-ban.
I will notify you as soon as I think a rule has been broken. If you think my ruling is unfair, talk with me civilly and perhaps I will change my mind. I understand life happens and try to be reasonable.
Rules may be subject to change as need arises.
  • You must have at least 10 adult dragons to participate.
  • You must have a prize group called ALR Prizes (or some variant that contains those words) that is set to public at all times and contains your prizes from the most recent raffle. Dragons must be kept in this group for at least 2 weeks after the raffle they were won from. In addition, you must have your scroll visible or linked on your dragons' pages upon request.
  • You can win up to 2 dragons per week.
  • Prizes must be claimed within 24 hours. If this is not possible, PM me. (In addition to a strike, the donor is allowed to do whatever they want with your prize, including giving it to someone else.)
  • Prizes must remain on your scroll. Killing, biting, experimenting, freezing, trading and regifting are not allowed. (Breaking this rule results in 2 strikes.)
  • Harassment of others, complaints about what you have or haven't won, or talk of entry results are not allowed, either in this thread or elsewhere. (Breaking this rule results in 2 strikes.)
  • Follow the general ToS for the site and forums.

Donation Requirements
The standards I require of any prize that comes through this raffle, as well as how to donate them.
If I feel your donation will not work, I will PM you ASAP. However, I do not guarantee I'll be able to get back to you right away, as I keep a busy schedule.
Requirements may be subject to change as need arises.
  • You may donate up to four eggs or hatchlings each raffle, with the exception of 2Gs. Any 2Gs donated in excess of the limit may be sent via PM.
  • Donated dragons must have a Spriter's Alt in their lineage, and must be evengen or stairstep lineage.
  • Evengen lineages may not surpass 4G, and must have a Spriter's Alt in at least half of their base pairs.
  • Stairstep lineages may not surpass 3G, and must be the correct breed to continue the stair with a Spriter's Alt in their base pair.
  • Unbreedable dragons (like Neglecteds and Vampires) will not be accepted, and Black Sweetlings, Thuweds, and Honorable Mention dragons (CB Hybrids and CB Black Alts) do not count for the purposes of this raffle.
  • While not required, donors are encouraged to describe their dragons in accordance with the Description Guide.
  • If you, as a breeder, have extra caveats for your dragons, let me know when you donate so that I can accommodate your wishes.
Edited by Rosastrasza
Raffle Update

Raffle Status

Donation Status: CLOSED

Raffle Status: CLOSED

Please note that both donations and entries require a Google login to use the automated sheets. If you don't have a Google login, PM forms are available.

Donations

Donate Here
Open: May 18th @ ~ 8:30PM DC Time
Close: May 19th @ ~ 8:30PM DC Time

Dragon Description Guide
If you don't have a Google login, message me with the PM title ALR Donation and the form in the box below. Description information can be found in the document linked above, and is optional to fill out.

Forum Name:

I would like to donate the following dragon(s):

Donation Description:

Donation Lineage Link:

Donation Transfer Link:

Raffle
Open: May 19th @ ~ 9PM DC Time
Close: May 20th @ ~ 9PM DC Time

Current Dragons for Raffle
If you don't have a Google login, message me with the PM title ALR Entry and the form in the box below. Line numbers can be found in the document linked above. If you are making a new prize group, please name it ALR Prizes (or some variant that contains those words).

Forum Name:

Scroll:

Prize Group Link:

I would like to enter for the following dragon(s):

Line #:

Edited by Rosastrasza
Raffle Update

FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions as I think of them. If you have a question for me, PM me with the title ALR Question.

• Am I required to donate if I wish to participate? No. Donations are voluntary, and not required for entry into the raffle.
  • I donated a dragon, but no one won it. What do I do? If, after the raffle, it appears no one has won your dragon, you may put them up for grabs in the ALR thread, or you may do whatever else you wish with them.
  • How are the raffles drawn? The order you find them on the sheet is the order in which they are drawn, unless there is a dragon with only one or two entrants. However, 2nd Gens are always drawn first, no matter what.

Strike List

• None currently.

Ban List

• None currently.

Banners

Banners for ALR that everyone is allowed to use. You can save/link them at your leisure, or click on the image and copy the URL.

If you make a banner using in-cave sprites, it is required that you get permission and show it to me before I will post your banner here.

Static Thread Link:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=178725

user posted image~by Rosastrasza (using sprites by Infinis)

Edited by Rosastrasza

I am super excited about this new thread for your Raffle/Giveaway Event and think its name and style are fantastic! Can't wait to help you out with donation and participation and will let others know! Also thank you for posting about it in the Player Activity & Events Thread and I'll be glad to get it added to the main page too! Best of luck and can't wait for the fun! Love the theme!

Edited by natayah

This looks like fun! I would have had a 4th gen from two spriters alt but alas, they showed no interest in each other therefore​ I won't be able to donate anything atm.

I have a handful of Alt lines, though most are going to produce 4th and 5th gen eggs. I'm excited about a new raffle idea! A little bummed Alt Sweetlings won't count, as I love those a great deal! Hopefully I'll have some donations this go round, if not, next time! smile.gif

i have been thinking it would be great to be able to connect with other collectors of spriter alt lineages, and this sounds like a lot of fun! at the very least i should be able to donate regularly. thank you for putting this together!

Cool! Since I collect SA offsprings I would be having great fun here laugh.gif I'll be off breeding once I have egg slots open ^-^

Out of curiosity, why do a doc and PM? Is there a benefit to having both? I get PMs so that you can avoid the miscreants, but does also doing a doc make it easier to organize? I'm happy to do both if there's a benefit to you, but otherwise, filling out a doc and a PM for donations is a little time consuming. ^^;;

~

Sadly, I just bred all my short SA lines (can only think of one longer one I have) and am very locked, so I don't think I can donate this time around. =( I will definitely donate in the future, though!

Out of curiosity, why do a doc and PM? Is there a benefit to having both? I get PMs so that you can avoid the miscreants, but does also doing a doc make it easier to organize? I'm happy to do both if there's a benefit to you, but otherwise, filling out a doc and a PM for donations is a little time consuming. ^^;;

~

Sadly, I just bred all my short SA lines (can only think of one longer one I have) and am very locked, so I don't think I can donate this time around. =( I will definitely donate in the future, though!

The Doc is because it's easier for me to organize that way, the PM is to keep out miscreants. I'm trying a couple of different things for now, and if some things are unnecessary, I'll probably relax some requirements. This is the first raffle I've ever run, and after seeing the shenanigans that have been running around, I'm trying to keep all of my bases covered.

And thanks for keeping this raffle in mind! I'm glad you're willing to donate, even if you weren't able to give anything this week. It means a lot to me that people are interested!

4 babies sent your way. smile.gif PM in a couple seconds. Scroll going into stealth mode.

Sent three! One with a extremely huge lineage...Hope someone would like that though tongue.gif

Well, my handful of alts-lineaged dragons didn't feel very generous this week. I was able to donate a semi-nice even-gen. smile.gif

Got some space! Remembered a cool SA line I hadn't bred yet! ... Knew I should have used fertility. >__>

If a trade falls through in time, though, I will have something to donate, lol.

Wat am I doing stil awake and its past five am...? Anyway I only got lucky with two dragons, so I only have two to donate. Pm sent and donations in.

both my PM and donations are sent smile.gif

Really excited for this one guys, it will be fun smile.gif

Donations Closed!

Holy cow, guys! I'm both surprised and excited about the turn out! I've got quite a lot of amazing donations to go through, but I hope to have the raffle open on time. Thank you all so much for bringing so many awesome dragons to this first raffle!

Raffle Open!

The raffle is now open! Sorry for the delay, there were 34 donations! What a way to hit the ground running! o.O

Thanks so much to all the donators (which, again, HOLY FRIGGIN COW GUYS!) and I hope everyone finds something they like! Heads up, the sheet does require a log in to Google. If this is a problem, don't hesitate to PM me!

What a great idea for a raffle! And a clever name, too ^.^

Entered, thanks donors & ladyinpink!