TehUltimateMage

Mage's Ultimate Art Thread [OFFLINE]

Stream link: https://picarto.tv/ironicallykikie

~~~

Hey! I'm TUM, or Mage, or Ultimate, and I'm an architecture student who likes to draw. I'm often pretty busy with school but when I have free time I usually do digital art, but I also post traditional doodles and, most recently, dabbling in simple animations. From time to time I do fanart, but a lot of the time I just draw stuff related to RPs or my stories.

Browse the most recent posts for a sample of what I'm up to. A lot has changed since I started this thread, three years ago!

Minimalist wallpapers are open! DC dragons take precedence, though. A gallery of my completed wallpapers can be found here: https://dragcavewallpapers.imgur.com/all/

Dragon checklist here: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9470944

Also: I don't sleep as much as I should

user posted image

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Requests and stuff

Completed requests:

Seacatsmew: Tenebrae

KoalaNoob: Cat-person pixel thingy -- user posted image

Sailing101: Zoroark Magical Girl

Esko_the_Wolf: Anime-style drawing of some OCs

Completed Minimalist Wallpaper Requests:

edeva01: Mudkipz, Radiant Angel, Grave

Narvix: Renamon

Sany: Eevee

Melomancer: Torterra

Fizzix: TFA Jazz (transparent)

AroaraAngelwolf: Royal Blue for Kindle

MessengerDragon:Frilled

GalaxyPassion13: Nebulae

dragontamer44722: Ammy (Shiranui)

MonstrHugger: Shinx Line

Chickenmaster123: Bleeding Moon Dragon

Fluffypillow: Pillow Dragons

MyaMouse: Hellfire Dragons (Mobile Version)

Meg_752: Moonstone Dragon (male)

arya10: Wallpaper of some OCs!

Narvix: Pidgeotto, Nidoqueen, Zebstrika

harlequinraven: Zuko

dragonwinxzodiac: Shiny Mega Rayquaza

Zxke: Awesome purple dragon

Sparta: Falconiform

Fluffypillow: Shimmerscale set

Lady_Luvenis: Kaneki Ken

Coryn: SAO swords(Version 2)

Leopold: Female Hellhorse

Meg_752: Jolteon

Earth Gurl: Typhlosion

zephyr_123: Judith (Vesperia)

Esko_the_Wolf: The Yin-Yang wolf

Fun2HavRound: Speckle-throats

30 Day Challenge [August 2015]

Day 01: Draw yourself or your persona

Day 02: A character based on a dessert

Day 03: Dragons doing people things

Day 04: 4-panel comic

Day 05: An OC who is ecstatic

Day 06: Draw in an exaggerated style

Day 07: Character based on something on your desk/in your room

Day 08: Ideal pet

Day 09: View from a window

Day 10: Draw fanart of something

Day 11: Dream vacation

Day 12: Worst superpower

Day 13: Pokemon gijinka/Pokemon magical girl

Day 14: A character based on something you use daily

Day 15: ???

Minimalist Wallpaper List [Needs updating]

Charizard

Grovyle

Vampire Dragon

Hubert Oswell

Mudkipz [1366x768]

Renamon

Guilmon

Terriermon

Eevee [1600x900]

Rita Mordio

Radiant Angel Dragon (Valentine's '14) [1366x768]

Grave Dragon (Halloween '13) (Light Version/Dark Version)[1366x768]

Torterra

TFA Jazz (transparent)

Royal Blue Dragon (vertical) [800x1280]

Frilled Dragon

Nebula Dragons[1440x900]

Ammy (Shiranui)

Shinx Evolutions

Bleeding Moon Dragon

Pillow Dragons

Hellfire Dragons (Mobile)

To request: Just list a character!

Important: Unless noted, wallpapers are fit to my own screen [1280x800]. If your screen is a different size than the size listed you can either ask me to make it bigger/smaller or just use the paintbucket tool in MS Paint to fill in the color of the background.

Also, you can re-request a character in a different pose or position as long as you have an image I can work from.

If you like dragons and magical girls you could draw a magical girl version of this dragon. Because that would be silly. Also I see you enjoy the Tales series and I am tempted to poke you to see of we have any other common interests.

I've finished Symphonia (both of them), Vesperia, and Graces, and I have Abyss and Xillia in progress. They all have a great characters and an awesome battle system. It's too bad the series is less known.

I also love Animorphs, if you're looking for common interests.

I'll be drawing that magical girl tomorrow, because it's such a fun idea. tongue.gif It's getting late.

Bump. Even though there's something in my queue, feel free to request some art. I've been trying to practice pixels lately, so you can request those too.

If you've played both of the Symphonia games(I haven't finished either of them heh), then that means I can request this! (Or try to!)

So. Can you draw Tenebrae(Dawn of the New World)?

That Ludicolo on your Tumblr is awesome. The pose is perfect and the colours are very nice shades.

Can you sprite a cat-human thing?

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! Thanks everyone for the praise! happy.gif I can't believe I forgot about this topic. To make it up to you all, I'll give you some excerpts from my sketchbook because I got a scanner at my parent's house! (I've been practicing my watercolors and traditional art, can you tell?)

But first, here's Seacats' request.

user posted image

It's the most generic Tenebie pose but it was quite fun to draw and color! Whenever I draw a character once, I can pretty much draw them again without reference.

<huge incoming image dump>

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

And a bonus doodle page done in class.

Those six images seemed like a lot while I was scanning them...

Oh my gosh that doodle sheet. (I see that Guy Called Squid I see him)

You should draw/share your DR OCs. I am intrigued by their concepts

Oh my gosh that doodle sheet. (I see that Guy Called Squid I see him)

You should draw/share your DR OCs. I am intrigued by their concepts

oh my god you recognized the Guy Called Squid

let me tell you about my dingus rumps

user posted image

SHSL Sharpshooter/Markswoman (intro card in progress) is super-duper-high-school-level-serious. She's quiet and reserved, but looks down on others' tomfoolery with contempt. Valerie is good at enforcing and following rules to the letter, and has a hard time lying -- she would rather avoid those questions altogether by simply getting up and leaving. Her lack of a sense of humor often has her play the straight (wo)man to others' antics. In MBTI terms, she is definitely an ISTJ. She's also a small lady with big guns. Fun fact: I considered making her SHSL Cop, and might try to work that into her background.

user posted image

SHSL Pet Whisper is a total dork who is part class clown and part book dumb. An optimist who quickly gets over the initial jimmy-rusling shock of a murder, his light humor can come across as insensitive. He loves animals, obviously, but he doesn't consider finding lost pets an actual talent; he is overly humble whenever the topic of SHSL talents comes up. He would rather be known for his (nonexistent) abilities in the occult. He loves scary movies.

~~~~~~~

Here's more scans from my other notebook. My scanner only really scans when it wants to, so I might end up scanning things in batches instead of uploading them one at a time.

user posted image

A concept sketch of TheCompleteAnimorph's request with the original image for comparison. I tried to keep some of the dragon's traits without resorting to using animal parts on the magical girl.

user posted image

More drawings of Valerie. Her clothing is based on my school's old uniform.

user posted image

This is an older drawing of Aria, who features in some of my stories and is currently in the Zodiac Academy RP in Other Roleplays (the demon with ram horns in the previous update is also an incarnate of her).

And with that I'm off to my afternoon classes (and probably will have doodles to show tonight haha).

Flashback Friday! I'm trying to start to do redraws every Thursday/Friday though it didn't really happen this week so have some old artwork. This was supposed to be the cover for my 2010 fantasy NaNoWriMo. I was (and still am) quite proud of it even though it needs a lot of polishing.

As promised, another doodle sheet.

WIP (linked just in case someone finds skulls scary) for the deviantart challenge, Horrorscopes. I'm planning to add some body parts into the fleece.

I also did a Super Dangan Ronpa 2 style minisprite for Fractional Pi Day. (underneath it are sprites of my own characters, and more minisprite edits can be found here. Aint they cute?

user posted image

_____user posted image

user posted image

YES THEY ARE oh am I obligated to post Fred in my own thread now I mean that'll probably happen anyway but

A+ art keep doing the excellent thing

Thanks Pi! Yeah go post Fred on your thread A++ to you too

Got that nightmare Zodiac thing done (again, linked for skulls and for size). It's a bit on the darker side and I could have made use of contrast more, but I'm happy about it.

I never thought I'd finish it for the deadline (which is in three hours away haha).

I often talk Pokemon magical girls with Pi and stuff happens (more like more concepts) (pay no attention to the grovyle in the corner):

user posted image

Featuring Blaziken Man as Hot Blooded Protagonist™, sassy and catty Sceptile girl, and fancy high-tech Swampert gal who could totally punch you out with her almost-Power Glove (it's so baaad).

Bonus: Magical Witch Mage on tumblr, done for a challenge. It's been a while since I've spent so much time on a piece. It's kind of refreshing.

NaNoWriMo 2014 cover. I'm hella excited. It's an urban fantasy about an artist who can summon her muse into the real world.

user posted image

There was a postcard contest thing in my town so I did watercolors with the new set of fineliner pens I bought this week (they're waterproof, unlike my fountain pen. So excite!)

user posted image

I also have a super big version of it saved in case I never get the physical thing back.

user posted image

This request was long overdue. KN never specified what kind of cat person, so I made it a dapper businesscat. :3

user posted image

Also Blaziken. What am I even trying to do with pencil and paper.

We had a tutorial class for Adobe Illustrator today, so I made myself a Charizard background. For practice, I'll be opening requests to Minimalist Pokemon or Digimon (or other characters I guess) biggrin.gif

user posted image

Big version here.

More wallpapers. I'll put these in the first post as examples because I am obsessed.

Grovyle: link

user posted image

Vampire Dragon (Male): link

user posted image

Hubert Oswell: link (this was so complicated but i love it so much)

user posted image

oh my godd I'm so excited I just got word that one of my two postcards are getting printed into actual postcards for an event! ohmy.gif I'll update you on that on Friday.

Meanwhile, I got a request for a wallpaper (yay!). They're still open, by the way. Here are some Mudkipz in 1366x768 format (sorry for the page stretch) EDIT: Fixed. The full size can be found here.

user posted image