Aquenee

Town of Salem

A brilliant game still in Alpha I believe. Free to play, and it is based completely on the Mafia party game(sometimes Werewolf or Devil if you so prefer.).

It's a browser game, so no finicky installation weird sturf, either biggrin.gif It has well over twenty-something roles that are really fun to play with, too smile.gif

The game: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Roles: http://www.blankmediagames.com/roles/

Lots of info, and Kickstarter!: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200271...le-browser-game

Still plenty of bugs to be found and patching being made. Currently joining a game is random, so it can be difficult to play with friends, but I'm sure that option will arise soon!

Recently got addicted to this game, and finding this thread made me a little excited happy.gif

It's almost like playing a murder mystery, and can be very interesting and exciting (when people play it right). I definitely recommend checking it out if Mafia looks interesting to you.

I don't know where in development this thread was made, but now it's pretty easy to play with your friends as long as both are online and neither are in-game by choosing "invite your friends".

Hahaha, ahhh this game xd.png

I started playing it with friends a few weeks ago. We try to get on once a week to play for kicks. I somehow have ended up being the Serial Killer each time....

yet nobody ever figures that out...

Completely addicted to this game! Playing right now in another tab in fact haha

Though this game kind of has the power to induce real life anxiety attacks when you end up with a role that has to lie a lot. X.X even if it's something relatively harmless like the executioner, when you know the person you're trying to hang is an innocent townie *is a total wimp* laugh.gif

I like the Classic mode for the strategy (unless you get a stupid/n00b town, you actually have to work hard for your win with a villain role), and All Any mode for absolute chaos.

Edited by s0r0k4

I play this game like crazy! I used to play the custom game on Starcraft 2 so when I was on Kickstarter I found it and backed it!

I play it like crazy and it is how I found Dragon Cave as well.. smile.gif

THIS THREAD IS NOW MY NEW FAVORITE!

Seriously though, didn't think I'd find a TOS thread so quickly xd.png

Anyway, ingame I'm MiniatureCowgirl as well, (shocking, right?)

Maybe one of you have seen me around on those forums, and if you see someone whose game name is Larxene, there is a 99% chance it's me ;3

THIS THREAD IS NOW MY NEW FAVORITE!

Seriously though, didn't think I'd find a TOS thread so quickly xd.png

Anyway, ingame I'm MiniatureCowgirl as well, (shocking, right?)

Maybe one of you have seen me around on those forums, and if you see someone whose game name is Larxene, there is a 99% chance it's me ;3

Woo, another KH fan who plays TOS!

My ingame name is Vexen. I kind of play in bursts, but I've been active lately so feel free to add me!

Heh, you guys should see some of the games the TOS forums group gets into. For some reason our host always seems to like the rainbow setup. Can be really fun, or REALLY screwy.

Also, I have a funny story that must be told

SPOILER LANGUAGE

Yeah, I swear sometimes xd.png

Anyway, so we are all skyping this one game, and no, we don't cheat, and it's down to like, and invest, me , 2 more townies, and a mafioso.

Now, in this role list, there was one town support, and the transporter died night 1.

We vote up the guy that the invest says is vig/vet/maf, and, well, the excuses became hilarious.

He immediately claimed to be transported, and then proceeded to claim Medium.

I then went on a VERY loud rant on exactly why that was completely impossible beyond all reason, (ingame and skype), culminating with "What kind of DUMBASS claims to be medium and to have been transported when there is only one town support AND THE TOWN SUPPORT IS DEAD ALREADY?!"

One of the guys on the skype call unmuted his mike(he apparently forgot it was muted) and replied with "I'm that dumbass"

Needless to say, I am NEVER letting that go

Heh, you guys should see some of the games the TOS forums group gets into. For some reason our host always seems to like the rainbow setup. Can be really fun, or REALLY screwy.

Also, I have a funny story that must be told

SPOILER LANGUAGE

Yeah, I swear sometimes xd.png

Anyway, so we are all skyping this one game, and no, we don't cheat, and it's down to like, and invest, me , 2 more townies, and a mafioso.

Now, in this role list, there was one town support, and the transporter died night 1.

We vote up the guy that the invest says is vig/vet/maf, and, well, the excuses became hilarious.

He immediately claimed to be transported, and then proceeded to claim Medium.

I then went on a VERY loud rant on exactly why that was completely impossible beyond all reason, (ingame and skype), culminating with "What kind of DUMBASS claims to be medium and to have been transported when there is only one town support AND THE TOWN SUPPORT IS DEAD ALREADY?!"

One of the guys on the skype call unmuted his mike(he apparently forgot it was muted) and replied with "I'm that dumbass"

Needless to say, I am NEVER letting that go

So um...I once played with this one person, MinitureCowgirl...and she killed a transporter, SMH

What are your favorite roles?

My favourite roles vary depending on what game style, since some roles are non-existent in classic mode.

But I just had a very fun All Any game as a Vet.... and I have to share the story:

Most of the town were dead, 4 mafia (ended up being BM, Disguiser, GF and Janitor), 1 unknown role and myself.

I was down to my last alert... and used it. GF, Disguiser and Janitor all died that night.

The BM (promoted to Mafioso) then called for a role-call. I said Vet, he also said he was the Vet. We voted for each other - then I mention that I suspected the one that I voted up was BM - leading to the silent unknown to vote him up as well.

Leading to a successful lynch and a town win the day after mafia should have had it in the bag.

it very fun ad addicting

not sure what roles i like ad dislike since most of the time im bad chara which is fun xd.png

been get some towny roles here ad there

if you want to add me my user name is the same as here

Favorite Role: Consigliere

Liked Roles: Investigator, Serial Killer, Survivor

Disliked Roles: Disguiser, Jester, Vigilante

Hated Role: Witch

Jester is my favorite role xd.png

I also think it's kind of fun when the town lynches the obvious jester and panics afterwards.

I just started this game and it is really REALLY addicting.

IGN is Dosh, let's party sometime. ^^

Found out about the game like a month ago but only played a few rounds just now. It's a very interesting game smile.gif

I just lost a round as GF because the SK left my name on his will... Two more rounds and mafia would have won. It should honestly be against the rules to do that as SK or GF, because what kind of bad guys would want townies to win?

Besides that, I had lots of rounds as Executioner for some reason lol Failed 3, won 2, so not bad. Was SK once, but I was quickly found out. The most awesome round for me was as Vigilante because it went really smooth. The lookout watched two townies being killed by GF and SK, so I shot them the night after to confirm their immunity. Then the investigator found the other two mafia and I shot one of them, we lynched the other. No one doubted anyone and the round went super smooth because people were actually writing and reading wills, not bad.

It's a good game I like to play it from time to time smile.gif

Once I was Mafia and convinced everybody I was town and we hung the sheriff ~ he rage quitted xd.png

You meet all kinds of people in the game but also many trolls and people with dumb offensive names and attitudes rolleyes.gif

I think my favorite Town of Salem moment ever didn't even happen to me. I was town, had died a few turns earlier, and only 2 people were left alive: the Veteran and the Serial Killer.

The Veteran was like "darn, you win, GG. I have no alerts left". The Serial Killer only smiled, then the night round occurred. All the dead sat around lamenting their deadness and the fact that the town was going to lose, but when the sun came up it was the Veteran who stepped out of their house alive.

They had tricked the Serial Killer, managing to lure them into their last remaining alert, and so the town won.

My best game so far:

I was playing a game the other day, I played in Chaos all any mode, and I was one of the mafia, the mafioso, to be exact, there was a janitor, consigiliere (idk how to spell that), blackmailer and a framer.

The framer didn't want me to kill a certain person in the game, idk why. She kept going on about "don't kill that person" ... but I killed them anyway, then, she got really censorkip.gif*y and rude, and she she ratted out all the rest of the mafia, including me. all because I killed this one certain person. (who turned out to be investigator so it was a good choice anyway) like.. wth.

And she got lynched. xd.png

But we still won. and the best part is, not another single one of the mafia got lynched. So of course, I totally rubbed it in her stupid face once the game was over... ;3

And I also reported her for pretty much gamethrowing, too.

So, I quit this game because I'm a streamer and I used to stream this game quite a lot because of where and how I stream, there's not a lot of wiggle room for me to stream and Town of Salem is one of the things that I streamed a lot of almost two years ago before the incident of people accusing me of cheating cause of streaming and I was trying to explain some roles to people and apparently that's against the rules if it's just you and someone else and not an entire group.

I think it'd be pretty fun if people didn't witch about small streamers helping people getting started cause to me it was rather discouraging and it made me angry to the point where I quit.

I've watched people play Town of Salem on YouTube and so I thought I'd try it myself. I did some research and played a couple of games. I don't remember the role names off the top of my head, but I was always a role where I didn't kill people. I either helped people or tried to protect them. I always ended up getting lynched!