TJ09

Donation Meter

TJ09 said: "There's certainly no need to apologize for being unable to donate. The primary reason I added a donation button is user request; as the first post says, ads are enough to cover costs."

T.J. has specified that DC will not become a site where there will be perks offered to donors.

Many users are unable to donate for various reasons, from not having a job, parents won't allow it, don't have a card, or can't afford to put money into a game site. Although any donations made are sincerely appreciated, there is no and will be no rewards to people who donate. The only thing close to a reward for donating is a very sincere thank you.

Since this is a donation (not a purchase or exchange), please be aware that your donations will not generate a reward for you on DC.

If you have any questions or issues, please feel free to contact a moderator.

I love how DC isn't like "Oh, you need to be a member (by paying real $) to access this part of the game." I love TJ, our donators, and our advertisers. Please keep it this way. <3

I love how DC isn't like "Oh, you need to be a member (by paying real $) to access this part of the game." I love TJ, our donators, and our advertisers. Please keep it this way. <3

Exactly. Every game I have played sooner or later becomes one of those. Love it how this one doesn't. smile.gif

Exactly. Every game I have played sooner or later becomes one of those. Love it how this one doesn't. smile.gif

Yeah me too. smile.gif

Yeah me too. smile.gif

THE TRUTH.

I hate where I have this absolutely BEAUTIFUL site, the creatures are amazing, I go on it all the time... but there's special creatures and "perks" that are offered to donaters. I can't donate, and it's almost like some sites you only get first class if you can donate... I'm SO happy DC isn't one of them. smile.gif

Yay! New thingy!

Ah, I love how DC isn't one of those 'pay and get special features and stuff' sites. Thank you very much for keeping the site free for all, TJ!

Edited by SilverX7Studios

THE TRUTH.

I hate where I have this absolutely BEAUTIFUL site, the creatures are amazing, I go on it all the time... but there's special creatures and "perks" that are offered to donaters. I can't donate, and it's almost like some sites you only get first class if you can donate... I'm SO happy DC isn't one of them. smile.gif

Me too! biggrin.gif

Gave a nice little donation.

Thanks TJ for the awesome site. biggrin.gif

THE TRUTH.

This, totally. My entire family lives on a pension and we can't afford anything to donate. I love how this site treats all its members equally without requiring you to pay for special perks and upgrades :}

happy.gif Finally have some spare money, and a PayPal, so I was finally able to donate a little! biggrin.gif

Why is everybody repeating what I said, but in their own words? You don't have to say stuff twice, we pretty much get the point.

Why is everybody repeating what I said, but in their own words? You don't have to say stuff twice, we pretty much get the point.

Everyone is just stating how they feel, I too am glad this is not a pay to play site.

I just wish TJ'd let us do something to help besides play nice, when we can't afford to help him pay the costs of upkeep. Some of us have abilities other than showing up and awesome typing skills. Like, say, coding and such.

Most games I play you Can't do something cause u have to be a member and I just am annoyed and I am soooo relieved dragcave isn't one of them so I hope he doesn't or I will just stop playing it. I have understood he won't but still if he does eventually in the future that's it for me

Reminder:

While donations are not necessary to keep the site running, they are definitely appreciated. All money raised via donations goes only to DC (Mainly hosting costs).

TJ09 said: "There's certainly no need to apologize for being unable to donate. The primary reason I added a donation button is user request; as the first post says, ads are enough to cover costs."

Now let's please stay on topic, thank you.

~

Thanks donators for being so giving. :3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

It is mentioned in the first post that ads can cover the entire cost of the site, but a donation button was suggested by players of DC. If this is true, then there would be some money left over. where does that money go? Future funds in case something goes wrong on the site? money for new features? If this is one of those things kept private by the site staff, then I'm sorry for asking but I'm just wondering what happens if more than enough money is earned.

It is mentioned in the first post that ads can cover the entire cost of the site, but a donation button was suggested by players of DC. If this is true, then there would be some money left over. where does that money go? Future funds in case something goes wrong on the site? money for new features? If this is one of those things kept private by the site staff, then I'm sorry for asking but I'm just wondering what happens if more than enough money is earned.

While donations are not necessary to keep the site running, they are definitely appreciated. All money raised via donations goes only to DC (Mainly hosting costs).

Your question was already answered in TJ's post.

I imagine its treated like saving up for some really expensive new toy when you were a kid.

If TJ runs across a company with better speeds, better service when it comes to hosting, the extra money would cover those costs of shipping/switching hosts. It can cover the cost of new servers, so we arent putting a huge drain on just one or two.. we can be spread out across several. It can be used to update pretty much any of the hardware required in the event something breaks, or updating the memory thats used for running it.

Basically, its back up plan, and future planning, all dragcave specific. Does that help?

Edited by Thuban

I wouldn't mind if TJ used some of the donations and/or ad revenue to buy nice things for himself. After all, he gives us Dragon Cave! We should all be sending him cakes and diamonds and computers and... whatever he likes! biggrin.gif Of course donating is faster and easier than sending cakes across the world. I donated a few times and will keep doing so - I just wanted to say it would seem completely fair to me if TJ had some money left after paying DC costs.