Vorgin

Purge of Toria: OOC

Light and Dark are the Primordial Elements that encompass the world of Toria day in and day out. These forces are in constant conflict, and you are are part of them...

The side of Light are warriors of justice, protectors, those who walk the right path. They boast they are winning the war against the Dark Scourge. Those who have fully been enveloped by Light are either part of the Circle of Lords, or their guard the Chosen, angelic robotic soldiers that lack emotion or relationships. They only obey the Circle, as their past life is no longer a factor.

The side of Darkness are refugees, survivors, a gathering of individuals that only fight because they lack any other option. They are the Hunted.

Then there is the Consumed, individuals who have been engulfed by darkness and turned into mindless demonic beasts that wander the wilderness. They will kill anyone in their way, Light, powerless, and even Dark.

Power has a Price. The line between Light and Dark to Good and Evil is blurred, and the truth will come to show.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Toria!

You are a Disciple of Light, or Dark. A human with control over the element that you serve. Your status is shown with a physical feature. A wing, horn, halo, white or black arm, or a mixture of them. The more you have, the more powerful you are and the more you embody the element.

If you are a being of Light, you live in Daylight City, a large and well fortified city that shines as the beacon in the darkness of night. The most noticeable feature of the city is the central tower which functions as a lighthouse, meeting place of the Circle, training school and home of all Disciples of Light, and the Armory of the Light Army. The rest of the city is a majestic assortment of homes and businesses that function under the Circle's protection.

If you are a denizen of the Dark, you live in Nightfall Lagoon, a tropical paradise hidden between a cluster of barren mountains. Protected by sandstorms and lightning storms, the city survives with the help of the Lagoon which provides fresh water, fertile soul, and tie to the element of Darkness. Most of the city is wood and crude stone structures, the Hunted have used their dark power to create this paradise from the outside world and have lived here for over a century. There is no defined hierarchy, but the Hunted act as guides, leaders, hunters outside the Lagoon, scouts, and warriors against the Light army. Darkness training is usually done in an apprenticeship system in hopes that experience is passed down, enhanced by the individual, and then passed down in even more depth.

Character Sheet:

Username:

Name:

Light or Dark:

Appearance:

Personality:

Physical Element Trait: (Wings, horns/halo, skin coloration, eye glow, etc)

Other:

Let me know if you have interest, questions, etc. This is mostly a base for the world, but there is much to build, I would love others input and creativity.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Light NPCs:

Name: Jacus Dawn

Position: Light General and primary fighting teacher to Light initiates.

Name: Ceyx

Position: Member of the Circle, one of the only Circle members who speaks to the public and initiates face to face. He is very kind and welcoming.

Dark NPCs:

Name : Vorgin Dusk

Position: Dark Hunted head guide, primary army organizer and tactician.

Name: Amisi

Position: Dark Shaman. Amisi has bound herself to the Lagoon to access her full dark power without becoming a Corrupted, she is a medicine woman. She acts like a mother to the Hunted.

Edited by Dotzrus

may I join? I'll make a character tomorrow but thought I'd let you know of my interest now to reserve a spot.

Username:Padfoot

Name: Poppy Liou

Light or Dark: dark

Appearance: Poppy

Personality: Poppy is a bubbly individual with a skewed moral compass. She tends to use her powers for the wrong reason rather than tto further the fight of the kingdom. She prefers to stay away from a fight but isn't compleatly helpless.

Physical Element Trait: her hair behaves like thick smoke.

Other: Her power is smoke based

Username: paddy

Name:Caleb Valandus

Light or Dark: Light

Appearance: Cal

Personality: Cal likes to be alone during her day to day life. She finds other people tiresome in large quantities. She will often use her powers to remain hidden. She'll be nice to anyone, it's when she starts to get mean is when you know she likes you. that being said, she can still distest you if she is mean to you. At that point it's probably your fault.

Physical Element Trait: her skin is iridescent.

Other: Her power is Particle Physiology based

Edited by padfoot

Username: redfox

Name: Rey

Appearance: Rey - she has a halo over her head.

Personality: emotionless and cold at first and then is really sweet and kind once she gets to know someone a bit better. a bit mysterious at times, can be shy but not often, and doesn't really talk that much.

Physical Element Trait: Rey has a tattoo of a snake-like dragon on her right arm that goes down to her wrist but isn't seen when she's wearing her assassin hood.

Other: is a trainee assassin. she'll probably like/love someone later but she's more focused on training at the moment. her favorite weapon is a bow and a quiver of arrows but she can also use daggers and a staff as well.

Edited by redfox

Username: Dotzrus

Name: Grix Falling

Appearance: Grix

Personality: Grix is the definition of Paladin. Strong, brave, and a gentleman, Grix strives to be the bulwark of city to protect the people. Grix is very friendly to his fellow Light Disciples, but when training or fighting the Hunted, he turns it up to 110%. While he is friendly and open to those around him, he is not the best at dealing with emotional or personal conversation in which he can get flustered or freezes up.

Physical Element Trait: Grix has glowing white runes that cover his chest and go up his right arm and the right side of his neck.

Other: His Light power usually encompasses creating Shields, sword projectiles, and creating a Lion made of Light for a powerful AOE blast.

Username: Dotzrus

Name: Xel

Light or Dark: Dark

Appearance: Xel

Personality: Xel like many Hunted is a rebel. Fighting is a way to get his blood pumping, it's something he enjoys, sometimes too much. When not in a fight, he likes it quiet. He relaxes to the point of being lazy, so to him friends are an after thought. He wishes he could meet people who get him.

Physical Element Trait: His left hand is completely black and clawed. The skin is also durable like a blade so he uses it as a weapon. He also has a demon horn hidden in his spiked hair.

Other: His uses his dark power to fire bladed projectiles, fly, and melt into shadows for quick movement.

I added a Physical Element trait to the sheets, please edit to add those as they are important to the canon

Alrighty, Ill be making the first post later today amd we can start. If others join later, thats on them.

okay and I edited my form to add her Physical Element Trait.

Didn't you throw off the ratio when you made another light character?

I just wanted a starting ratio of 2 to 2 just so my characters have people to interact with. Anything ratio past 2 to 2 is fine

Alright. Cool

What is the actual plot of the rp?

Changed this to an OOC for convenience and questions

Like I said, I'm still building the world up, but the plot is a mix of war, romance, cloak and dagger, and corruption.

We got the Circle that no one sees or hears what they do or decide for the city

We got the leadership of the Hunted who are trying to build up a hostile takeover

And we got a secret alliance of powers who have other ambitions for both sides.

Out characters should have freedom to fall into any of these that they can as they develop, or branch out and work alone or in a small group. Pick who to trust, decide where loyalty lies, all the while getting stronger with Light or Dark to help their chosen goal. I will keep a plot moving for both sides, but you have freedom to make your own plot for others. I want this to be a roller coaster where you make a character just for me to control where they are, what they do, and what they become. Not everyone will join an alliance of Light and Dark. A Light Disciple might despise the Circle, but instead of joining the alliance, they can make their own splinter, or do a solo war of sabotage, all the while still hating the Hunted.

Freedom of choice. The plot is something I will build as we begin, so nothing set in stone yet.

cool smile.gif. I got an error when I tried to view it, though.

it had me log in to my gmail account and then I still got an error. the same one as I got before you edited it.

where did you upload the map?

So character plot is on all of us? Ok. I'll start thinking of something to do.

I'll fix the map in a bit, I'll give you all a start plot, but as it progresses paths will split

Quite. What did you use to draw it?

Based on your map it would be safe to say that the two kingdoms are ~300 miles away.

That's a rough estimate too since this map doesn't have a distance scale. I used the standard .62in:60 miles.

That being said, what is the main form of transportation in this realm?

Also, what is the state of technology in general?

I used a random map generator for the map

Right now the main mode of transport for land is horses

For the Air, Light has Pegasuses, Dark has Dire Bats

Technology wise, I would say a mix between Medieval and Magicpunk... Light and Dark incorporate a lot to each society but they dont have magic air ships or anything.

If you have a suggestion or critique, please feel free to share. I'm actually feeling committed to this world as I build it.

Really? Cool, what's it called.

I suck at making regional maps and I'll add it to my collection of rp tools.

So are our light and dark character going to have to work together in a party against something much more threatening or is this more of a situation where only pairs are going to happen?

Edited by padfoot

I forget which map maker. I made it awhile ago and just added the dots for cities. It was a trial so its long deleted now. Sorry.

They can if you feel their personality would let them, or if not they will need more coaxing, or even never team up. It a freedom I leave to you, but feel free to consult me if you have a wish or plan that you think would be cool or creative. Anyway, I will be posting the start momentarily.