ValidEmotions

Mythological Taskforce: Angel Division | OOC

If this looks familiar, like you've seen this before (maybe even took part in it, once upon a time), that's because...

It's a reboot!

I am revamping this thread and starting from the top. Some things will be changing before the IC gets put up, so be sure to double check everything in the next week or two. Mostly, everything will be the same/similar though. Here's the original OP for the time being:

Information Document

Hi! So I've gotten into my head the idea of an RP about gun-toting angels! Just as it sounds like, the characters would be low-level angels, charged with protecting humanity on an unseen front, using guns! These guns have special bullets that are imbued with different types of elemental magic. Different elements are most affective or least affective against specific types of enemies. Now, the enemies would be nasty beasts akin to demons and the like but I haven't figured out yet if that's all they're going to be. Maybe some supernatural spirits and the like from various different mythologies.

Did I say "low-level" angels? I did. That means there will be higher level angels but, at the start of the RP, no one is allowed to make such a character. Later down the line, if we ever get there, I may open a few spots to allow high-level angels as playable angels. It will require adequate research though since they aren't the angels everyone commonly knows.

I'm thinking that our angels would sort of have two jobs: protecting their specific human charges and cleaning out the infestation that's trying to absorb the earth.

Any interest? I kind of want to keep this as a small group. Maybe no more than four other people (so five in total when you include me). There won't be any character sheets to fill out - you'll just make an intro post and I trust you'll provide the information needed to at least know who your character is at the beginning.

Angels

In order to blend in with humanity easily, they can hide their wings from sight. I don't mean by stuffing them into oversized coats because that's painful (their wings are huge). Instead, their wings dissolve in and out of sight on command. Each angel has an elemental focus (fire, water, earth, air, or spirit) in addition to holy. They are not created with any specific sex but their physical appearance can possess a sex or be sexless and they can label themselves with any gender identity for simplicity.

There are no rules against angels forming close relationships with any sort of being. However, it is recommended that they do not form anything beyond friendship as anything more intimate could cause conflicts of interest.

Other Supernaturals

Everything in the supernatural world, from all sorts of mythologies, goes unnoticed by humanity. Creatures are completely invisible unless they have a human guise to walk around in. Only supernaturals can see supernaturals.

Elements

We have your basic five elements:

Fire

Water

Earth

Air

Spirit

Besides Holy, each angel wields one element for their weapons. Their weapons are guns of any type but the most commonly used are pistols and shotguns. The bullets are specially made by certain creatures using a specific type of metal that is magically imbued.

Try to vary up who uses what element. There aren't any limitations on the number per element but I'd rather not have everyone using fire or spirit as they would be ineffective against too many beasts.

Feathered wings only but they can be white, gray, black, or some mild combination. (No one wing is white and the other is black. But something likes flecks is okay.) Wings are huge. When folded, the "wrist" reaches just above the head and the tips practically drag along the ground.

For charges, each angel is give a specific location to keep safe. The humans living in that section are their charges. If any of those humans move to live elsewhere, they become the charge of another angel that is assigned to that area.

Guns are commonly pistols and shotguns because they have to be legally owned since the guns are carried 24/7 and visible when the angel is visible to humans. If they use something that can't be legally owned and given a permit for, then they get their gun from supernaturals that are glamored to look like a legal gun (note: only look. Sound would not agree with the visuals).

Rules/Expectations

All forum rules apply.

No god-modding and power-play.

Be respectful to each other. If you have a concern or problem with someone, PM me and I will decide if it is a mater worth addressing.

Work together, collaborate. This RP depends on the collective work of everyone.

Please, I encourage you to post your ideas and suggestions for plot/environment/concepts in the OOC thread. I encourage subplots but do inform me of them so I can tell you when it would best fit to happen.

While there is no character limit, please remember to stick with what you can handle. I don't want everyone throwing out seven characters and then posting for only one or two.

I expect good grammar and spelling. If I cannot understand what is going on in your post, you are required to fix it. If you can't fix it, then you probably shouldn't be in this thread.

Keep the usage of image links to a minimum. You're writing, not displaying someone else's art gallery. (If you do use an image, you need to make sure you have the O.K. to post it.)

Posts are required to be at least seven complete sentences long. I know writer's block and understand the pain of it. However, I won't tolerate it being the excuse every single time.

You have seven days from the last post made to either make an IC post or OOC note if you can't. Otherwise, your character will be moved to an inactive list. If your character is inactive, I have the right to move them as I see fit to keep the thread moving forward.

Reboot Additions

Rule: There are no character sheets. When the IC is posted, members wanting to join will post an introductory post that contains basic information necessary to know. That means: at least enough appearance to go off of, element of your angel's bullets, age, name, and at least one preferred weapon.

People are free to make reservations/list info for their intended character(s) following the same format as the list of Active Characters.

Edited by Narvix

Active Characters

Eliphaz - Spirit | 182 years old | Male identity

Ithuriel - Spirit | 927 years old | Agender identity

Karleo - Fire | 734 years old | Male identity

Larien - Fire | 960 years old | Agender identity

Nithandros - Water | 650 years old | Male identity

Odessa - Spirit | 72 years old | Genderfluid Identity

Reydris (ray-dree) - Earth | 1,205 years old | Female identity

Vale - Earth | 920 years old | Female identity

Zarall - Water | 800 years old | Female identity

Inactive Characters

Teams

Group 1: Karleo, Odessa, and Zarall [Fire, Spirit, Water]

Group 2: Larien, Reydris, Eliphaz [Fire, Earth, Spirit]

Group 3: Nithandros, Ithuriel, Vale [Water, Spirit, Earth]

Edited by Narvix

I'll jump into this. I've had an angel bouncing around in my head for a while now.

Rejoining with two.

Karleo and Nithandros. Fire and Water. May or may not add another.

Okay. I have a spot for Padfoot, Epyon, and Hazeh. While I get things tweaked around this week, I'll wait and see if someone else wants to take the fifth spot (when you include me in the count).

I'm bringing back Reydris (with some tweaks) and introducing Odette, a new angel.

If I can find her, I'll bring back my character! Glad to see this alive again smile.gif

Otherwise I'll just make a new character who might be similar cuz I have some vague memory of what she might've been like

bringing back Larien - Fire | 960 years old | Agender identity (commonly uses female pronouns for simplicities sake- but has no preference)

with small tweaks

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Awesome! ^^

Because I realized it might be helpful, here is the IC and OOC of the original RP so you guys can pull up any information you might need.

Alrighty, here they are:

Reydris (ray-dree) - Earth | 1,205 years old | Female identity

Odessa - Spirit | 72 years old | Genderfluid Identity

Awesome, thanks!

I will be putting up the IC tomorrow after work. smile.gif When it's up, people can start posting. ^^

Just a small note: if anybody gets confused by the pronouns and how I wrote the intro post, let me know. If it would actually make it easier on people to use she/her pronouns for Larien thanks to how I write, I'm alright with that. I might fall in to that habit here and there anyways as a hopeful notice to not cause confusion if there's suddenly a post with she/her and not they/them for Larien.

I know some people have a hard time with they/them pronouns and my writing style. I'd rather have something be super clear to read than get annoyed over somebody being confused on how i write smile.gif so dont feel bad if that's a problem.

Sorry everyone! I'm on my way to bed and I just had a thought. I already started to rework the mechanics for charges because a large territory for a single angel is not really doable. Now, the first idea was 1 angel for 1 human but then it became 1 angel for 1 family which transitioned to a confusing mess.

Now I'm thinking of maybe 2 - 3 angels for 1 territory.

I'd like opinions, questions, concerns, suggestions, etc.

That would make better sense. 2-3 angels for a single territory allows for greater flexibility and group situations.

I think that or the family name thing I mentioned would work. Or combining the two lol.

2-3 angels per territory makes sense. I'm not picky with whoever wants to spar up with Larien. She usually wanders around with the humans though and has managed to keep to herself for that reason.

She's quite kind once you get past that she's usually mingling with the humans at their parties to better keep an eye on them all lol

And if you give the crows gentle pats on the head they'll take to you better lol

Okay, I'll split this up evenly into groups of three.

Group 1: Karleo, Odessa, and Zarall [Fire, Spirit, Water]

Group 2: Larien, Reydris, Eliphaz [Fire, Earth, Spirit]

Group 3: Nithandros, Ithuriel, Vale [Water, Spirit, Earth]

I wanted to diversify the elements in each group as well as the members. (I didn't want one member having both characters in the same team.)

EDIT: Mage's characters have been moved to Inactive at her request so I'll cut her characters out of the groups for now. When she's ready to jump in, she can and I'll add her pair back.

EDIT 2: Because I just realized something might be misunderstood. Regarding the physical appearances of angels, they can instantaneously modify how they look in any way. HOWEVER, they cannot modify the appearance of their wings. Whatever color and pattern of their feathers, that is what they are stuck with.

Edited by Narvix

Hey DH, just to clarify, are the possessed humans in Larien and Rey's district on separate ends of the district from each other, or just on the other side from where Larien and the others are at?

Sweet - OOC planning time.

Now, certainly no one wants Hazeh fighting on her lonesome but I don't know if DH is waiting for a response to Larien first. So, either I or Ep can post next. Though, at least on my part, knowing a chain of events is important.

DH: Would Larien be having similar warnings about the fire as Rey did? If so, would she be wanting help? Would you be okay with general terms being used to bring Larien along in someone else's post?

Hazeh: Do you want someone to fly in right where your recent post ends or is there a later moment you'd like?

Ep: Did you want to post before or after me? I don't know if you have anything you wanted to add to the friendly conversation.

Alternatively, I can throw my other Angel towards Rey and Odessa on the idea that they would be closer.

We probably don't need all seven angels in one spot so we can organize who goes and who doesn't.

Edit: Just remembered there is still a second threat on the opposite side from Rey and Odessa. So that is an option, too.

Edited by Narvix