Anthropophagist

Cross-stitch Patterns, Anyone?

I've had this idea since I first started Dragon Cave [which wasn't very long ago, to be fair], and after pressing questions were out of the way, I figured I'd make you all some cross-stitch patterns to use at your will and whim!

I'll try to keep them all simple, so no half-stitches or quarter-stitches or specialty stitches, if I can help it. There MIGHT be some beading and backstitching involved, but nothing super difficult.

I plan on making a couple of them myself, but while I make patterns, I'll make them available to you guys too, whoever wants to do so.

All patterns are free for use and modification, if you so desire.

Instructions are below the images of the pattern and components and are suggestions to start, not definitive.

I take requests for all stages of dragons, so long as the sprite artists give me the go-ahead to share!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day Glory Drake

user posted image

This is a preview of what the finished piece COULD look like

I have not stitched this yet

Download the Fullsize Pattern Here

Color Key Download Here

DETAILS AND INSTRUCTIONS

Details:

Dimensions: 12"wx13"h [as per 14-count Aida; expect higher counts to be slightly smaller]

Fabric: Polstiches Angel Dust 14-count [or higher]

Color Count: 42 colors

Floss: DMC Stranded Cotton

Specialty Threads/Floss: Sulky Metallic Embroidery Filament 250yd. SnapSpool~8050Purple; 8040Opalescent; 8007Gold

Instructions:

-Cross-stitch full design one-over on fabric [two-over for 28-count and higher]

-Blend 1 strand Sulky 8040Opalescent with 2 strands Blanc in wings

-Blend 1 strand Sulky 8040Opalescent with 2 strands B5200 in wings

-Blend 1 strand Sulky 8050Purple with 2 strands 210 in wings

-Blend 1 strand Sulky 8050Purple with 2 strands 209 in wings

-Blend 1 strand Sulky 8007Gold with 2 strands 444 in body

-Blend 1 strand Sulky 8007Gold with 2 strands 726 in body

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Overall, have fun. If you want to change part of the pattern, go ahead! Explore and experiment to make it your own, if you want!

This pattern is free for use and is noncommercially distributed. You may make copies of this pattern and hand it out, but you may not sell it.

Sprite drawn by earthgirl for Dragon Cave and distributed with permission.

Edited by Anthropophagist

Honestly, this one is one half of the set of the two Soulpeace genders. I just love them so much, they're so beautiful that it seemed unfair to have just the one without the other to compliment him.

Since I'm still working on the female but have the male done, I'll release him now, her separately with a little setup of the two together at the end.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Male Soulpeace Dragon

user posted image

Download the Full-size Pattern Here!

Download the Color Legend Here!

DETAILS AND INSTRUCTIONS

Details:

Dimensions: 11"wx12"h [as per 14-count fabrics; dimensions may be smaller if using higher count fabric]

Fabric: Polstitches Fallen Leaves 14-Count Aida

Color Count: 45 Colors

Floss: DMC Floss

Specialty Floss: Sulky Metallic Embroidery Filament 250yd. SnapSpool~8007Gold; 8040Opalescent; 8043Lavendar; 8050Purple; 8052Royal Blue

Instructions:

-Blend 1 strand 8040Opalescent with 2 strands B5200 throughout pattern

-Blend 1 strand 8040Opalescent with 2 strands Blanc throughout pattern

-Blend 1 strand 8007Gold with 2 strands 3823 in wings

-Blend 1 strand 8052Royal Blue with 2 strands 813 in wings

-Blend 1 strand 8043Lavendar with 2 strands 209 in wings

-Blend 1 strand 8050Purple with 2 strands 208 in tail fin

-Blend 1 strand 8050Purple with 2 strands 3837 in tail fin

Overall, have fun. If you want to change part of the pattern, go ahead! Explore and experiment to make it your own, if you want! These instructions are merely a suggestion, not something to be followed to the letter, if you feel comfortable deviating.

This pattern is free for use and is noncommercially distributed. You may make copies of this pattern and hand it out, but you may not sell it.

Sprite drawn by earthgirl for Dragon Cave and distributed with permission.

Ooo neat! Ever since that one thread in here popped up about stitching the Solstice dragon I've wanted to cross-stitch some of my favorite breeds; I don't know enough about it to warrant buying my own fabric and threads though. These patterns will be super useful! Just a small note though, the preview image for the Soulpeaces isn't showing up; I'm guessing because you haven't stitched it yet?

I'll be keeping an eye on this! Pixel art is fun but sometimes it's nice to go back to good ol' fabric for art. So homely (and then you can hang up all of your stitch art in your room so anyone entering KNOWS what you like xd.png).

Ooo neat! Ever since that one thread in here popped up about stitching the Solstice dragon I've wanted to cross-stitch some of my favorite breeds; I don't know enough about it to warrant buying my own fabric and threads though. These patterns will be super useful! Just a small note though, the preview image for the Soulpeaces isn't showing up; I'm guessing because you haven't stitched it yet?

I'll be keeping an eye on this! Pixel art is fun but sometimes it's nice to go back to good ol' fabric for art. So homely (and then you can hang up all of your stitch art in your room so anyone entering KNOWS what you like xd.png).

The preview image for the Soulpeace is showing up for me, but if you'd like to review it, you can do so HERE!

If you like, I can make you patterns of any of the dragons you'd like to do [given appropriate permissions from their spriters, of course], and give you some starting and stitching pointers. I also know some really great and trustworthy online resources for materials.

Compared to some of the other patterns I've made in the last week, these ones are fairly easy. They just look complicated and sound complicated because I personally use a lot of metallic filament and beads in my work, but if you're intimidated by them, you don't have to use the embellishing and stick with good old colored floss.

All in all, I'm glad you enjoy them ^^ Thanks! If you seriously need pointers [or even just a stitching buddy], feel free to drop me a PM!

The Soulpeace wasn't loading for me either, but the linked image IS GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see more! smile.gif

The Soulpeace wasn't loading for me either, but the linked image IS GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see more! smile.gif

Ah! Thankee!

Yeah, it stopped loading for me too, so I fixed the URL it draws from. Hopefully, that fixed it! If not, the link's still there.

If the artists are okay with it, I would LOVE patterns for the Aegis Dragon, Radiant Angel and Shimmerscales. I made a cross stitch of the Solstice Dragon (thread is here somewhere) but I eyeballed all the colours, having a pattern would make things much easier because I wouldn't have to figure out the colours to use.

If the artists are okay with it, I would LOVE patterns for the Aegis Dragon, Radiant Angel and Shimmerscales. I made a cross stitch of the Solstice Dragon (thread is here somewhere) but I eyeballed all the colours, having a pattern would make things much easier because I wouldn't have to figure out the colours to use.

I'll get on asking those artists if it's alright then!

I still have three more patterns in queue that go along with the soulpeaces, but those are in the last instructional stage; i've just been generally busy.

i'm sure they'd be cool with it, and if you like, i can also look into making you a solstice pattern too?

i'd love to see the work, if you have photos of it; you can post it here to this thread too if you can't find the original thread to link.

Found the thread!

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=168500

It was done as a WIP thread so there are pictures of it from beginning to end. I did finish it, but a pattern would be handy in case I want to make another.

ETA: Quite a few of the image links in the thread have broken, so here is the finished piece:

http://jen-kollic.tumblr.com/image/132420386393

Edited by Jen-Kollic

Found the thread!

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=168500

It was done as a WIP thread so there are pictures of it from beginning to end. I did finish it, but a pattern would be handy in case I want to make another.

ETA: Quite a few of the image links in the thread have broken, so here is the finished piece:

http://jen-kollic.tumblr.com/image/132420386393

That looks fantastic, especially since you were just eyeballing it, you said! Wow!

But I can get you both patterns for the Solstice with full legends and instructions as well; I'll put them as requests after the ones you asked for first. Should keep me busy for a while!

A collection of three patterns today, while I wait permissions on another set of potential patterns!

All the Soulpeaces, since honestly, they're one of my favorite dragons aesthetically. Plus, I did promise I'd finish the set. Complete with proposed format finish at the bottom!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Female Soulpeace

user posted image

Download the full-size Pattern here!

Download the Color Legend here!

DETAILS AND INSTRUCTIONS

Details:

Dimensions: 11"wx11"h [as per 14-count fabrics; dimensions may be smaller if using higher count fabric]

Color Count: 44 Colors

Specialty Floss: Sulky Metallic Embroidery Filament 250yd. SnapSpool~8007Gold; 8017Peacock Blue; 8040Opalescent; 8043Lavendar; 8050Purple; 8053Mint Green

Instructions:

-Blend 1 strand 8007Gold with 2 strands 3823 in wings

-Blend 1 strand 8017Peacock Blue with 2 strands 3766 in wings

-Blend 1 strand 8053Mint Green with 2 strands 964 in wings

-Blend 1 strand 8043Lavendar with 2 strands 210 in tail fin

-Blend 1 strand 8050Purple with 2 strands 208 in wings

-Blend 1 strand 8050Purple with 2 strands 333 in eye

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Female Soulpeace Hatchling

user posted image

DETAILS AND INSTRUCTIONS

Details:

Dimensions: 10"wx10"h [as per 14-count fabrics; dimensions may be smaller if using higher count fabric]

Color Count: 35 Colors

Specialty Floss: Sulky Metallic Embroidery Filament 250yd. SnapSpool~8007Gold; 8040Opalescent; 8043Lavendar; 8050Purple; 8053Mint Green

Instructions:

-Blend 1 strand 8007Gold with 2 strands 3823

-Blend 1 strand 8043Lavendar with 2 strands 211 in wings

-Blend 1 strand 8050Purple with 2 strands 209 in eye

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Male Soulpeace Hatchling

user posted image

DETAILS AND INSTRUCTIONS

Details:

Dimensions: 10"wx10"h [as per 14-count fabrics; dimensions may be smaller if using higher count fabric]

Color Count: 35 Colors

Specialty Floss: Sulky Metallic Embroidery Filament 250yd. SnapSpool~8007Gold; 8040Opalescent; 8043Lavendar; 8050Purple; 8053Mint Green

Instructions:

-Blend 1 strand 8007Gold with 2 strands 3823 throughout pattern

-Blend 1 strand 8050Purple with 2 strands 208 in eye

Proposed Collection Format

user posted image

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, have fun. If you want to change part of the patterns, go ahead! Explore and experiment to make it your own, if you want! The instructions are merely a suggestion, not something to be followed to the letter, if you feel comfortable deviating.

These patterns are free for use and are noncommercially distributed. You may make copies of these patterns and hand them out, but you may not sell them.

Sprites drawn by earthgirl for Dragon Cave and distributed with permission.

Sorry I haven't been back to this thread in a long while! School kinda piled on in that last bit, but I'll be back here to add all three of the Shimmerscales in due time as requested, since that was the only artist so far to reply to my inquiries.

ALTERNATELY!
If you are a sprite artist and don't mind me making patterns from your sprites [free for use of course], then do feel free to drop in and say 'Yay' or 'Nay'! I welcome and respect both answers.

I'll be back in and dropping stuff in soon!

You can make stuff of anything of mine, yo.

On 7/6/2017 at 7:06 AM, TCA said:

You can make stuff of anything of mine, yo.

Thankee for the go-ahead! i'll probably make a few after I have the shimmerscales up.

I'm piecing those patterns together now so I can properly write in the instructions and such! Sorry that set of requests is taking so long.

If you have time and don't mind asking for the permissions, I'd love to see a pattern for the adult Sapphires.

47 minutes ago, Dew said:

If you have time and don't mind asking for the permissions, I'd love to see a pattern for the adult Sapphires.

I'll put in the requests now so that when I have the set I'm working on done, I can hopefully start on this one!

Sorry for this frankly LONG absence.

I'm returning after a particularly long school-fueled break, aided in part with having to reformat my computer's harddrive [don't worry, all necessary information was saved] and forgetting my sign ins for this site and several others. However, if there's still interest in these, I'll finish up the ones on my list and get them posted!

ALSO! If you're a sprite-artist and would be willing to let me use your sprites for these, please feel free to comment here or send me a PM saying it's alright! I won't make patterns from sprites I don't have permission from out of respect, as always.

Wow! Why have I not seen this before? Those are stunning! Might inspire me to get my needles out again. ;)

You said it purplehaze! Absolutely in love and considering trying to relearn needlepoint just so I can do this.

hmmm giving me ideas for making them like a tapestry, same concept really and i use a similar form for mapping them. hmmmmm

crocetting an octopus hat atm, so this will have to wait, lol, but wow beautiful!

Here to say I'm not dead yet!

It's finals week, so I'm obviously going to be dealing with those first and foremost, but wanted to drop in with a preview of the next projects in the set, courtesy of Mysfytt!

I'll be finishing them up this weekend, though, so prepare for potential spam.

wipbanner.png