kastrex

DC fanart ahoy except not really

Alright, so I want to open this as a request thread. Tell me which DC dragon you want me to draw (lore breeds such as the datamonster included, I kinda wanna draw that), preferably made by a user(s) which allows fan-art of their design, and I'll get right to it. I think I can handle 2 requests at a time (one per person, please).

I can take a while with this stuff, so please don't rush me. You might expect a few whacky proportions here and there, since I'm not too familiar with anatomy.

Here is an example.

T3mvVnr.png

Fanart of the 'storm dragon'.

Anyone has my permission to use/edit the DC-related art I post here as long as they credit dragon's original spriters/designers if they demand credit for it.

I'm no longer doin requests but i'm keeping this up as my art dump, hiya

Edited by kastrex
Replacing images with imgur mirrors

aaaaaah yiis ahh yuuss. LOVE IT. Wish i could draw like that.

Anyway i have a request for you. At first i wanted you to draw to draw a sunsong but naah i'll try to request something different. Could you draw a Gemshard(blue)? If you like to draw the sunsong more then you can draw that. Ether dragons are fine. Thank you

It's so pretty! The detail on those scales... <3

Don't suppose you could draw an Ember?

Whoa. I love the colors and the background is quite striking. The dragon looks very neat, too.

If you're ever curious about permissions, this thread is a great one to check out. There's a lot of freedom in what you are allowed to do on the forum. ^^

If you're up for three requests, I'd love to see your take on an anagallis - female preferred.

That storm dragon is absolutely beautiful. I really like the colours that were used on the stars in the background and on the storm cloud.

Thanks for the comments all of you, I really appreciate it.

Alright, here's the Gemshard. The official sprite's size didn't leave much room for facial details, so I guessed that the face was more 'eastern'.

C0tRpaj.png

It turned out to be more 'cell-shaded' than I hoped, but I guess I can't have everything. My only excuse for the brush abuse in the background is 'for time related reasons'.

I haven't drawn anything in a daytime setting since forever

Edited by kastrex

Thanks for the comments all of you, I really appreciate it.

Alright, here's the Gemshard. The official sprite's size didn't leave much room for facial details, so I guessed that the face was more 'eastern'.

user posted image

It turned out to be more 'cell-shaded' than I hoped, but I guess I can't have everything. My only excuse for the brush abuse in the background is 'for time related reasons'.

I haven't drawn anything in a daytime setting since forever

o:

thank you so so much. I love it. I love how some parts are out of the backrond and that body tho. asdfghjkl, let me take your talent

WOW. These are GORGEOUS. Could you draw a Guardian of Nature with some sort of spacey or otherwise purple background? Or just a Guardian of Nature, I'm not to picky on the background, haha.

That gem and that background are so colorful. I can't take my eyes off them. (I particularly like the texture of the tree.)

Ahhhh these drawings are so amazing!! I love them so much ;o;

When you've got a request slot open I've totally got a suggestion for you!

My digital paintings are generally the result of an oversized canvas rather than technique and talent, haha. resizing fixes things, right?

Anyway here's the ember. Not as black as canon because it's emerging from volcanic material.

3I06i1v.png

Yeah so apparently there's this thing called a 'dirty thunderstorm' where volcanic ash/soot rubs together AND THEN LIGHTNING EXCUSE ME WHAT

Well, as awesome as it sounds, I don't like how it turned out in my painting. I guess that's what I get for using lazily using brushes for their source points. Also, does the lightning draw attention away from the dragon? I'll fix it if that's the case.

Oh and I googled my pics out of curiosity

user posted image

I've done something wrong I'm impressed, how does it... know? (from the first two pictures anyway)

Yeah the upload was postponed for half a day because dentist and supermarket etc. Kinda off-topic, but the dentist's was literally in a wooden cabin. Not that there's much wrong with that, but boy am I glad they didn't jab at my teeth with a pair of sticks. That high pitched drilling made me remember why I fear the screams of kids. Okay I'll stop goofing around, I think I'll draw the anagallis in front of a green (and aqua-ish) sea.

Also, thanks guys. I'm glad I can satisfy some people.

Edited by kastrex

It looks so amazing *-*

Like seriously, the way you've done the glow looks so beautiful, and the lightning cloud looks amazing too!

I happened to open this thread because it was active and I just want to say that your art is wonderful! Keep up the good work!

Ember... so... glowy... i luv it o_o

I don't think the lightning detracts at all. In fact, I think it adds a wonderful and much needed color contrast.

Oh yes, your coloring and shading is very nice! Huge canvases help.

Your gut feeling is correct: The lightning does distract from the composition. When I look at the painting, my eye is drawn immediately to the lightning (because it is bright and contrasts with the rest of the piece) instead of the dragon I'm actually supposed to be looking at. But, the piece would be a bit lacking if you removed it entirely. I would suggest moving it lower in the picture so that it draws attention to the dragon's face, instead of hovering above.

Long time no see!

I saw modified version of your Ember. It looks like lightning is part of Ember's body.

I like your anagallis' design! It looks beautiful!

Aaaah, you put anagallis' on the anagallis. wub.gif It so cute.

Read your OP, but I like to double check: do you mind if I re-size and stick in my sig (I always credit)? o3o

~

Also, I do prefer the lightning lower on the ember. Mage was right in that the lightning brought your attention too high, not simply to the wings but to the lightning itself. With it lower, it still provides a nice color contrast, but now my eye is immediately drawn to the dragon.

You can use and edit it in any way you like, regardless of whether you credit me or not (if the dragon's designer wants credit, it's another story). If the resizing doesn't work out, tell me and I'll make some custom changes.

The flowers were there since there's one on the official sprite, I didn't realize it was an anagallis flower lol I can't common sense

Also, lightning coming out of a dragon's back sounds pretty cool, I wanna put that on my guardian of nature drawing but I have a specific background I'd rather paint on.

Edited by kastrex

I think I must have accidentally deleted my request post but glad to see it made it on to the list! Very excited biggrin.gif

I did not anticipate the awesomeness of this thread. I want to save those images and stick them in my wallpaper folder! biggrin.gif I'll be lurking!

Sorry if you were expecting a guardian of nature, my laptop with my unfinished GON drawing is gone for the weekend look below

so I decided to open a program on my desktop and and try drawing with it ArtRage studio is so hard to use . Here's a few young canopy dragons.

user posted image

The art style for this picture is very different because I was unfamiliar with the program I was drawing it in.

Canopy dragon designed by sif at least I think so, the wiki and the deleted section of the permissions page contradicted each other so I'll have to get used to trusting the wiki

Also, here's a collection of other stuff I've drawn this year. It's mostly small pictures of pokemon that were requests from another site and other in-game areas.

Edited by kastrex