AppleMango

Star Jars

So, I like making Lucky Stars, and I filled some jars with them and made pretties.

They take so long though x_x Which kind of puts me off doing them, so I'm hoping if I share them it will make me want to make them a bit more.

I made these two for my friends ^^ I'm working on an autumn one right now which I will upload when I finish. smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

very nice, how many stars do you need for each jar

I've never made lucky stars but I love making origami cranes and dragons, right now I'm trying to make a crane for every day I've been alive

Those are so pretty! I'd love to see ones with variant shades (such as a red variant one, blue variant one... etc.)

Might have to make some for myself ^.^

Thanks everyone ^^

If you want to make some there's a written guide with photos here and a video guide(no words though)

. ^^

@InugamiZERO Well, that depends on the size of the jars and stars, of course tongue.gif Hahaha. For those two, I think there was 26 of each colour star, so around 598 tongue.gif But I don't remember too well. Haha. I'm going to rearrange my autumn bottle so then I'll let you know how many is in that one. tongue.gif Haha.

That's cool! In 2008 my friends and I made 1000 cranes together and we sent them to Hiroshima ^^

edit: There's 26 of each colour in the autumn jar too tongue.gif but only 6 colours which makes 156 (;

@predatorfan4ever Thanks! ^^ Yeah, they are. Making these actually made me appreciate art a lot more, because I have always thought art is so expensive, but when you consider the time and effort that went in it seems so much more reasonable. ^^ And yeah, I actually have no idea how long it took, but when I guess I say it took 10 hours to make all the stars tongue.gif Even though I have no idea. Hahaha tongue.gif Also when I was filling the jars I accidentally mixed some of the colours up inside so I had to tip them out and start again which was annoying! Especially there is two blues that you can barely tell apart >_< Haha.

@Clya Yeah, they would be cool. All the colours I have are in those two jars though so I don't think I have enough colours to do that or I would definitely try it. xd.png Haha. Then I could arrange them in rainbow order! tongue.gif The colours in these two were the order my friends chose because they were presents for them ^^

Anyway, here is my autumn jar biggrin.gif

user posted image

I'm not sure if I want them all mixed up like that or in a kind of gradient order. I'm going to rearrange them soon and decide what I like, and probably upload a photo. ^^

Edit:

Here's the photo! ^^

user posted image

I think I like this one better, but it looks like there's too much yellow because the bottle is so much thinner at the top, and I don't want to redo how many of each of the colours there is. Hahaha. xd.png What does everyone else think? ^^

Edited by AppleMango

Thanks for the feedback guys! smile.gif

I agree that the mixed up one is more autumn-y, but I think that the gradient one is nicer. It's such a hard decision. Haha.

This may seem weird but maybe you could combine the to version like make it have gradient and some like out of place stare. The darkest would have on orangey and so on if you get the idea.

This may seem weird but maybe you could combine the to version like make it have gradient and some like out of place stare. The darkest would have on orangey and so on if you get the idea.

That would be interesting to see... happy.gif

I'd love to see one with some blacks, (really) dark purples and bright yellows sprinkled in wub.gif

But looks like you don't have all those colors rolleyes.gif

Edited by Clya

Thanks for the feedback everyone ^^

@Dragnilu Is this sort of what you mean?

user posted image

I dunno. I sort of feel like every time except the mixed mixed one, it feels like there is too much of the colours at the top, you know? But I am too lazy to adjust the numbers. tongue.gif Although this one is really nice.

@Clya Ooh. That sounds interesting. If I ever decide on buying more paper I will look into that. Although I go to Officeworks to buy the paper, not a craft store, so I'm not really sure how many different colours they have.

@Lady_Lunevis Thanks ^^ I mostly make them while I'm also doing something else, so it's not so bad. tongue.gifsmile.gif

Ooh, these are beautiful! Those colors look so nice together. ohmy.gif

I have a question: where do you get all these jars from?

Ooh, these are beautiful! Those colors look so nice together. ohmy.gif

I have a question: where do you get all these jars from?

Thanks ^^

This won't help if you're not Australian, but I got the first two at The Reject Shop, and the other one at Kmart. smile.gif (I'm just rearranging the stars inside it. wink.gif)

I love those!!!! I wanna make one lol

Thanks ^^

I would make you one but I already have so much stuff I haven't sent you yet. Hahaha

Those are totally groovy. They remind me of the vinegar or salad dressing bottles that you can buy that have herbs or fruit floating in them.

These are so nice! I feel like there is less bright red in the autumn one but *shrug*. They're all really pretty.

These are so nice! I feel like there is less bright red in the autumn one but *shrug*. They're all really pretty.

This is a way late reply cause I missed you post sorry tongue.gif

It looks a bit that way I think because the other colours have similar colours, and it doesn't really have one similar to it, and partly because of the placing in the jar. (It looks like a lot of yellow at the top because it's thinner there)

But there's the same amount of each colour, cause I counted how many I put in. tongue.gif Hahaha xd.png

Anyway, I'm making some of these for my friends at the moment so I should have some new photos soon. Although I went to buy some more jars and they were sold out Dx So I don't know what I'm gonna do.

I'm hopefully going to buy some black and grey paper tomorrow so get excited for that tongue.gif

I'm also thinking maybe I will put glitter in them biggrin.gif How exciting!

@poohbear - The glitter thing is a good idea. I was actually thinking about it because my friend said one of their favourite colours was silver and I wasn't sure how I would do silver, but I coloured in some white paper with sharpie and it actually looks great! SO Idk if I will do glitter haha. xd.png

So I couldn't find any black paper except a 500 pack and I was like I don't need this much D;

So I haven't bought any new paper yet. BUT my mum found some black paper that was packaging for some plastic folders she bought so that's awesome. biggrin.gif

I have a jar I made with pastel pink, pastel blue and pastel yellow. It's super duper cute and it reminds me of babies so that's cute. I don't have photos of it though, but I do have photos of this one I made my friend. I have three more that I'm working on.

user posted image

There's a flat one in it ugh D;

I took it out and fixed it but I couldn't be bothered taking a new photo. Cause I actually did take another photo but it was blurry so just ignore the flat star it's fixed wink.gif

Oh wow! Those jars look amazing!

I really want to make one of those! blink.gif (but i dont have time so ;-wink.gif