Predat0rs

Clickable Eggs

I think we should have Clickable Eggs/Hatchlings similar to the Clickable Smilies whenever we post.

This would save a lot of time when members want to post Egg/Hatchling pictures to put further emphasis on what is being offered, et cetera.

Instead of members constantly going to the DragCave Wiki (or, whatever other source they use to obtain the pictures), they'd be readily on DC for our posting use.

They would probably have to be added into the Smiley area, though, which may cause problems, but we'll see.

Thoughts?

I like this idea though it might cause coding problems since the eggs aren't automatically part of the Forum's set of smilies.

Oh my gosh YES! Fabulous idea, I'd totally love this. (@TJ: Pretty please with cream on top?)

That would be great, it would save everyone the trouble of going to the Wiki for the images.

I support 100%

Actually, very little coding would be involved. There's a section in the admin panel that allows one to add new smilies to the smilies section if I recall correctly. Its just time to do it that is the factor here.

Full support, I would really love to see this idea implemented. *pokes some REALLY BIG posts in "Complete your scroll" thread*

Actually, very little coding would be involved. There's a section in the admin panel that allows one to add new smilies to the smilies section if I recall correctly. Its just time to do it that is the factor here.

Once the initial laborious job of adding them is done, then it would be easy to keep up with each new release.

However, if it is done for the eggs, then it needs to be done all the hatchlings (gendered and un-gendered) since they get traded as well.

Perhaps if someone would compile the list (all images and then the codes for them), we could put them up in a sticky, if ruby and _Z_ agree? Then at least they'd be in the trading section easily copy'pasta'able.

I'm not against the smilies, but it's just a lot of images. x3

Perhaps if someone would compile the list (all images and then the codes for them), we could put them up in a sticky, if ruby and _Z_ agree? Then at least they'd be in the trading section easily copy'pasta'able.

I'm not against the smilies, but it's just a lot of images. x3

Yeah I agree that it's a lot of images. The eggs wouldn't be so bad, but needing the S1 and S2 hatchies would make it a lot. Also, I've got a bit of time on my hands so I'd be happy to make a list of images and codes for them if that's the route we decide to go down. smile.gif

This would be very helpful, I think. But not just for eggs--we'd need for all of the hatchling sprites (s1 and s2) as people have said, since those are traded, too.

Or a list of codes for easy copy-pasting, that would be very nice, too.

I want this! The use of codes (like :eggwhite: :hatchpurple1:) would be wonderful instead of copy>paste. n_n

I want this! The use of codes (like :eggwhite: :hatchpurple1:) would be wonderful instead of copy>paste. n_n

I totally agree!

Edited by happyseagull

I'd love this, as long as all the images didn't make the smiley box super huge.

That would be a major problem...

that would be a great idea, and I've seen on other forums of this variety that had a small group of smilies in the box next to your posts, but then a link that said "more" below it, where you would get the full list. The Wiki already has the images, so you'd just have to get the images from there and code them

This is a great idea. Maybe they could make a smiley box, and then a new box for eggs/hatchlings. With a scroller thing.

I imagine they'd be like the other smilies that only show up when you say "Show All" rather than sticking them in the box right by your post. Otherwise, it'd definitely be unwieldy. It would become unwieldy as is, anyway.

Also, I've got a bit of time on my hands so I'd be happy to make a list of images and codes for them if that's the route we decide to go down. smile.gif

Thanks! <3

Using outside links for the smilies runs the risk of images being broken anytime the files are changed there but not here so collecting the images from wiki would be a waste of time (and we all know that the wiki gets hacked from time to time). The necessary images obviously are already stored on the DC servers so it would be a matter of TJ taking the time to pull them to add here in the forum.

Yes, yes! This would be awesome! On a completely selfish note it would let me change my maketrade script that saves me a bunch of typing to... save me even more typing, by not having to fill in the image links later. laugh.gif

Im for this all the way! 100%! It does get annoying having to go back and fourth from the wiki just to get on image, and this would just make life so much easier!

Using outside links for the smilies runs the risk of images being broken anytime the files are changed there but not here so collecting the images from wiki would be a waste of time (and we all know that the wiki gets hacked from time to time). The necessary images obviously are already stored on the DC servers so it would be a matter of TJ taking the time to pull them to add here in the forum.

I was actually thinking that part of putting them on the sticky would be hosting them on a new photobucket account controlled by whomever got the list together.

Because, while this would make things easier, this would be a huge amount of smilies, and they'd show up for people not in the trading section, too, which they might not enjoy.