7sharps

My Little Pony

General discussion.

First order of business, why on Earth do I like this show?! It's awesome. I don't know why, but it is.

i like the original show and it was cute. and funny side Nancy Cartwright played the voice of Gusty and a few other ch. in My little ponys

When I first saw the Rosebuds.. i thought, my little pony bears the closest resemblance!

user posted image

I already thought that when I saw the hatchlings.

I remember that I liked the show, when it was aired on local TV about the time when I was in 2nd-3rd grade (mid-90s).

I liked the original show but don't care as much for the others.

Never seen the original show, never collected the toys, never had any interest in them at all.

But I got poked into watching Friendship is Magic and ZOMG WHAT IS THIS I can't stop watching O.O

And I'm almost 20 D:

'My Little Pony, Apocalypse Pony, punish mankind for their sins...'

... wait, that doesn't sound right.

Anyway, I've never seen any of the shows, so I can't say. Maybe it's just that weird appeal that bright colors and weird animals always seem to have?

The (new) show actually has good plot and excellent character development. At no time does it seem just like a long infomercial for the toys. It's very cutsie and cheesy sometimes, but you really get drawn into the storylines and the characterization. It reminds me of all the good shows from the 90s that have slowly been replaced with vapid nothingness.

I mean, when you consider that /b/, the homeland of hardened Internet trolls, is obsessed with the show, you know you're dealing with something out of the ordinary.

The (new) show actually has good plot and excellent character development. At no time does it seem just like a long infomercial for the toys. It's very cutsie and cheesy sometimes, but you really get drawn into the storylines and the characterization. It reminds me of all the good shows from the 90s that have slowly been replaced with vapid nothingness.

I mean, when you consider that /b/, the homeland of hardened Internet trolls, is obsessed with the show, you know you're dealing with something out of the ordinary.

Well, a certain portion of them enjoy the show. I'm not sure if the whole board supports it, and I wouldn't be surprised if some people use MLP as a gimmick to troll, or something.

Back on the topic at hand...

Yeah I agree with everything you said. The plot development, characters and all around show cater to very young children, but the show isn't painfully idiotic and makes me feel like I'm watching something that will destroy my brain.

I watched the latest episode today, Sonic Rainboom, and I thought it was great. It isn't often you see Rainbow Dash so vulnerable, so my heart pretty much melted at the end.

Whaaat? How could I have missed this thread?

Yeah. I'm a brony, actually. Been one for a week or two now; got converted on the Minecraft forums. I have a totally adorable ponytar, too, but I don't want to use it here because I don't like changing my avatar excessively and I think the one I have now is more iconic.

But here it is, anyway.

Here is where I got it from. They're up for grabs for anyone.

EDIT: Since it's brony month, apparently, I've decided to use my ponytar for now.

Edited by soupnazi

Two words:

Derpy Hooves.

Anyways, I have no idea why I love this show so much. I didn't like any of the older ones, they just..annoyed me. And sure, I loved the toys as a kid. But I've never been so obsessed with anything as much as I am with Friendship is Magic. Don't know what it is about that show, but I never miss out on it.

I never watched the old show and didn't plan on watching the new one, but I did and got a leetle hooked.

I blame the DC artists. >_<

If I was going to put an MLP character somewhere in my sig or avvie, it'd be the zebra, lawl. o3o

I never watched the old show and didn't plan on watching the new one, but I did and got a leetle hooked.

I blame the DC artists. >_<

If I was going to put an MLP character somewhere in my sig or avvie, it'd be the zebra, lawl. o3o

IKR? I don't even enjoy a lot of the humor or get many of the references, but there's just something about the show that makes me want to keep watching.

NO BLAME SHALL BE PLACED ON ANY PERSONS.

Zecora? Cool. I find her weird, personally; her rhyme-speak is annoying.

.. damn it Soupnazi, that is more adorable than the kittens I saw this morning D:

Anyway, I've seen a few episodes. I like it quite a bit, favorite character just shifts on an episodic basis xd.png Pinky Pie is the funniest, but I quite enjoy Applejack and Twilight Sparkle.

... I'm feeling less and less shame typing this, by the way xd.png

If I had a pony graphic/pony graphics... I'd probably have AJ, Derpy, and Doctor Whoof 8D

tongue.gif

Glad to have helped you experience the pwnies.

Also:

user posted image

Edited by soupnazi

Just started watching this show a week ago! My sister and I are hooked; we watch two episodes every night. xd.png

I just like how silly it is, and the characters aren't total fluffs. <3

Rarity has to be my favourite now, but I also adore the personalities that they give to the side characters, so it's hard to choose. >.<

Edited by eavesdropping

I can't believe I started watching this. I swear I was craping rainbows, pissing sugar, and puking flowers at the end of the first episode. Well I still do all that when I watch an episode but I. Don't. Care as long as I get My Little Pony X3

The last few weeks I have watched this show rise to prominence, filtering across the internet, and infesting friends' minds...

I'm now slightly afraid to watch it. It sounds like a drug. xd.png

It probably makes me sound really old if I say I remember the first MLP movie coming out in 1986. I also remember my sister watching the TV show that came out shortly after. I don't think I'll try watching the new one - from the stills I've seen in avvies & sigs I think the animation style would irritate the hell out of me.

GO BRONY MONTH!

Rainbow Dash isn't my favorite of the bunch, but Big Macintosh was taken so... I originally was going to make it Nightmare Moon but then was like 'But people will think I'm wieerrdddd e________e'

Anyone want Rainbow Dash as their avatar and sig? I wanna change to NM

I don't care for Rainbow Dash much, sorry. She bugs me. Though she was a pretty good troll on those guards in episode 22.

Alright yeah, I'm gonna call Doctor Whoof and AppleJack for avatar/sig sets xd.png

... now. Who here is good at making the Pony sigs/stuff?

ETA: Yeah, Rainbow Dash... sometimes I like her, sometimes I don't. She honestly reminds me of Buttercup from PPG xd.png

Edited by Dr. Paine

I'm in the middle of watching an episode of Friendship is Magic.

It's... surprisingly good.