Pages: (47) « First ... 45 46 [47]  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Pokemon Spinoffs, Ranger, MD, Go!, etc
Syiren
Posted: Mar 23 2017, 10:51 AM

"Off my chair jester, the King sits there."

Group: Members
Member No.: 205,223

QUOTE (Kaini @ Mar 22 2017, 11:40 PM)
ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!! HOLY!!!!!!!! CRAP!!!!!

HELLO, NEW OBSESSION

Edit: ahem. I'm also loving the water event! I caught Qwilfish and a bunch of magikarp.

Lol, that was my reaction. xd.png I could be wrong, but it might only be gyarados and magikarp that are shiny for now because red gyarados was part of the gen2 story. I hope there are others tho.

Congrats on the gyarados catch Silver. I'm trying to get my 2nd one. Thanks to this event I've got half the candies I need.

I'm stoll keeping a lookout for lapras. This event has also brought out other rares too. Caught a wild vileplume and aipom yesterday.
Kaini
Posted: Mar 23 2017, 11:06 AM

Stardust

Member No.: 57,967

Alright *rubs hands together* I am so excited for today, after class I'm just gonna run around campus getting pokestops and hatching eggs, and hunting for that fabled shiny magikarp. The campus is the only place I can really freely move between stops in town, walking, so.

I am so hype for the SHINY, it's my favorite aspect of pokemon. Right now it does look like it's only magikarp? But I'm bound and determined to get one NOW because they'll probably be far less 'common' after the event is over.

Wish me luck my dudes.
*Silver Fox*
Posted: Mar 23 2017, 03:45 PM

Metaphorical gin and juice

Member No.: 37,080

Guess what my 10km egg hatched into? A Dratini. dry.gif The only good thing about that hatch was that it gave me enough candy to evolve my second Dragonite, so my first and ever loved Dragonite finally has a girlfriend. wub.gif And I still have 26 candy to level her up if I ever save up enough stardust to do so.
So far no shiny Magikarp for me, maybe I'll happen to run into one by the end of the event. And please, God, grant me a Lapras! I should see my friends the day after tomorrow at a cool place near the river, please let there be a Lapras floating around in it!
Syiren
Posted: Mar 23 2017, 04:16 PM

QUOTE (*Silver Fox* @ Mar 23 2017, 04:45 PM)
Guess what my 10km egg hatched into? A Dratini. dry.gif The only good thing about that hatch was that it gave me enough candy to evolve my second Dragonite, so my first and ever loved Dragonite finally has a girlfriend. wub.gif And I still have 26 candy to level her up if I ever save up enough stardust to do so.
So far no shiny Magikarp for me, maybe I'll happen to run into one by the end of the event. And please, God, grant me a Lapras! I should see my friends the day after tomorrow at a cool place near the river, please let there be a Lapras floating around in it!

I wish you luck. I was blessed to get a Lapras out of my first ever 10K, but not a single one since. I have to walk it to give it any candies, but he's got great stats and is a tank when taking on gyms.

I saw in a video that the event lasts for a week upon release and you get a neat Magikarp hat for free in your dress up menu which is funny and cute. I'm just happy Seel are popping up left and right for me. I already have enough candies for a Dewgong, but I'm going to wait to evolve it for the Easter event.

*Silver Fox*
Posted: Mar 23 2017, 04:35 PM

QUOTE (Syiren @ Mar 23 2017, 10:16 PM)
I wish you luck. I was blessed to get a Lapras out of my first ever 10K, but not a single one since. I have to walk it to give it any candies, but he's got great stats and is a tank when taking on gyms.

I saw in a video that the event lasts for a week upon release and you get a neat Magikarp hat for free in your dress up menu which is funny and cute. I'm just happy Seel are popping up left and right for me. I already have enough candies for a Dewgong, but I'm going to wait to evolve it for the Easter event.

WHAT Easter event? blink.gif Enlighten me, please. biggrin.gif
Syiren
Posted: Mar 23 2017, 04:48 PM

QUOTE (*Silver Fox* @ Mar 23 2017, 05:35 PM)
WHAT Easter event? blink.gif Enlighten me, please. biggrin.gif

There's a few speculations online, but I ran into a gentleman at the park yesterday who was talking about it. There's supposed to be an event that either makes it easier to find eggs and/or give out double exp if you hatch or evolve pokemon during the event. I have no idea what else could be in store.
SockPuppet Strangler
Posted: Mar 23 2017, 08:19 PM

Wednesday has been canceled due to a scheduling potato.

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 7,406

Unlocked a quilfish and seel (finally!!!) today and caught enough marill to evolve one! Close to evolutions on a few things (like slowpoke!), so going to wait and do some group evolving. A slowbrow showed up but I'd literally just run out of all pokeballs trying to catch a magikarp (only had two left, lol). Saw a totodile shadow in the wild but couldn't find the totodile. =(

If you haven't seen yet, PoGo added a new badge: catching large magikarp. Of course it's not a pokemon like rattata that shows up all the time. =_= I've only got one large magikarp so far - although in general I have caught enough that I'm close to a forth of the way to gyarados.

@*Silver Fox* - wow, congrats. I honestly didn't even realize the gyarados could spawn in the wild. xP
Kaini
Posted: Mar 23 2017, 09:12 PM

Stardust

QUOTE (SockPuppet Strangler @ Mar 23 2017, 08:19 PM)
If you haven't seen yet, PoGo added a new badge: catching large magikarp. Of course it's not a pokemon like rattata that shows up all the time. =_= I've only got one large magikarp so far - although in general I have caught enough that I'm close to a forth of the way to gyarados.

This isn't a new badge - I've had it for months, it's been around since... idk, release. It just doesn't show up until you catch your first large magikarp.

I walked around campus for hours catching tens of magikarp, and not one shiny!! I ran into another student who had caught TWO!! But I had no luck. I'm so salty.
*Silver Fox*
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 06:10 AM

QUOTE (SockPuppet Strangler @ Mar 24 2017, 02:19 AM)
@*Silver Fox* - wow, congrats. I honestly didn't even realize the gyarados could spawn in the wild. xP

Neither did I! Magikarp use to spawn pretty rarely around here, mostly by the river where I usually don't go, so I either hatched or barely ever caught mine, but I gathered enough candy as I had around 200 before this event, and I fed almost every Magikarp I caught a pinap berry to double the candy. As for the wild female, I was literally in shock. I assume that this water type event includes increased spawns of water type evolutions too.

Also, I just realized that Gyarados has gender dimorphism. Males have blue whiskers and females have white. blink.gif

This post has been edited by *Silver Fox* on Mar 24 2017, 06:10 AM
Lightstorm12000
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 09:01 AM

Level 7

Member No.: 38,924

I managed to catch the Great Lord Helix (Omanyte) yesterday! Praise be to he! biggrin.gif I was really happy when I found it right after I got to work. I even found a second, but it ran from me.
obelisk_light
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 10:42 AM

Level 7

Member No.: 222,371

I unlocked Omastar, Golduck, Golem and Noctowl today; all via evolution. smile.gif I'm very close to unlocking Slowbro, Machamp and Nidoqueen. smile.gif Now, if my 10K egg hatches into something I don't have yet (or something good like a Magmar), I'll be super duper happy. biggrin.gif

Congrats, Lightstorm! I caught my first Omanyte under a month ago, if I remember correctly.

This post has been edited by obelisk_light on Mar 24 2017, 10:44 AM
Kaini
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 11:39 AM

Stardust

I've caught a shocking number of Omanyte, I might be able to evolve it soon. I have a breathtaking one.

Still no shiny karp but I am back on the hunt today.
Syiren
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 02:14 PM

GARRRRAGH!!! Dang it! There was a Lapras down at the lake by my house. But i missed it becaise I was running errands. I want to cry. sad.gif
SockPuppet Strangler
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 08:17 PM

Wednesday has been canceled due to a scheduling potato.

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 7,406

*pats Syiren*

~

Unlocked a mantine and bayleaf (which was at a stop with a quilava) today! Still haven't even caught a chikorita, lol.
Have enough candies to evolve marill, wooper, slowpoke, staryu, and some non-water commons. Very close to being able to evolve hoothoot, goldeen, psyduck, and chinchou. Might have to go find some easy gyms to beat so I can buy another lucky egg.

Finally 2/3 of the way to level 29, so the lucky egg might be worth it for all the evolving and unlocks!

Plus if I can catch 8 more water types, I'll finally earn my silver water badge. =D
I wonder how big magikarp have to be for the badge, though. Caught an xl today that didn't count for it. >.> Also no shinies from me, but I am finally 1/4 of the way to a gyarados.

This post has been edited by SockPuppet Strangler on Mar 25 2017, 02:13 AM
Kaini
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 10:44 PM

Stardust

Very close to a gyarados, but STILL NO SHINY. I caught a few karp today but it rained so I couldn't go hunting like I wanted.
obelisk_light
Posted: Mar 25 2017, 12:23 AM

Level 7

Member No.: 222,371

My 10K hatched into a breathtaking Dratini, with enough candies for me to evolve it into a Dragonair. wub.gif I also evolved a Slowbro today, so that's two Dex unlocks. smile.gif

Aww, Syiren. sad.gif
Syiren
Posted: Mar 25 2017, 04:05 PM

Thanks guys. I was pretty bummed out, but it worked out alright in the end. Someone used a lure later that day and ot attracted another one and I managed to get that one even tho it took all of my ultra balls to get her.

This event is awesome. Still no shiny for me, but I've gotten plenty of candies and im about 20 candies away from my second gyarados. biggrin.gif
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (47) « First ... 45 46 [47] 
Add Reply
New Poll