Predat0rs

Names you named (or will name) your children?

If you were to have children, what are some of the names you want to name them?

If you already have children, what are their names?

My Fiancé and I have decided upon (so far):

Boy: Raiden Dovahkiin Surname.

Girl: Ripley Cortana Surname.
Boy: Ezio Altair Connor Surname.

Girl: Rayne Charlotte Surname.

Edited by Metal-n-Monster

I don't know what I will name any potential children, but I know what I won't call them.

To any parents thinking of names for a second/third child: for the sake of your children's sanity, please don't give siblings names that are almost identical, or that will be shortened to such.

This coming from a Kim, with a brother called Tim.

I probably won't choose names, since I'm going to adopt, but if I had to, I'd choose Megan for a girl and Mitchell for a boy. tongue.gif

Our daughter is Rhiannon Elizabeth. Rhiannon because I'm very into Welsh myths and legends (my SCA persona is Welsh) and Elizabeth because the names just seemed to flow well together even if it is fairly long as a whole.

We purposefully avoided naming our daughter for any family or friends, because we were pretty sure by about halfway through my pregnancy that she'd be an only child due to some medical issues I encountered, and so we didn't want anyone feeling slighted that we named the baby for X instead of for them when there was probably no chance of there being another child to name for another relative. That "this one's named for my grandmothers, so the next one will be named for his grandmothers" kind of thing.

Names we considered but that didn't get chosen: Summer Rain (hubby nixed that for being "too hippie-sounding"), Sierra Jade, and Lily Marie.

If we'd been having a boy, Jason Michael was the front-runner, followed by Gareth Thomas, Erik Alexander, and (the one I hated for the likely teasing factor) Roland James.

If I had been assigned a boy, my name would have been Dylan Michael. Michael after my mom's brother who had AIDS and died a month before I was born. My current middle name is after my dad's mom because that side of the family is super Catholic and they told them about the marriage but weren't sure they'd even told them they were pregnant, so it was kind of a peace offering, lol. My first name was actually supposed to start with a K (because my dad's name does), but my dad didn't get the memo and told them to spell it with a C. xP

I helped name my sister and OH MY GOODNESS that took forever, especially for a four year old. A lot of the names we went over involved states for some reason, lol. Sierra, California, and Nevada were among the names we kept coming back to, none of which stuck. Not sure how we actually landed on her name finally, but I got to pick how to spell her middle name, so unlike a lot of other Kaylee's we know, she doesn't have any "ai"/"eigh" in her name.

When I was younger I used to think about children's names, but I really don't want children, so I haven't done that in a while and can't remember the old names I thought of. Probably a good thing because one of my biggest weaknesses as a writer is coming up with names. >_e

My sister's thought of a few names for any possible future children. I'm hoping she keeps looking. =p She was really stuck on Spitalia (not sure on the spelling, she said it was Russian) for a girl for a while. Now she likes Studly for a boy. Or she did, anyway.

My friend in high school used to be really obsessed with the word fallopian, claiming she'd name her first kid that. Which is why I owned all rights to naming her children while we were in HS. =p

My oldest is Sean Ryan and my youngest, Dylan Blake.

My only is Cassandra Isabel, first name I read in a book and loved it, middle is my mom's name. If she'd have been a boy, he'd have been Martin fathersfirstname or Martin Jozef, Martin was my dad and Jozef was my grandpa.

I have a daughter who was given one of the top for the year at the time (Sophia). I was really reluctant to name her as such....but the hubs pointed out since when have I let the tastes of other dictate my own and also the fact that this name had only gained a surge of popularity recently. MY name (Catherine), on the other hand, never seems to go out of fashion even when it's not a top 10. If I can live my school years with at least one other kid sharing my name, I think our kid will survive.

If I have another daughter, I want to name her Verity but hubs hates that name. laugh.gif

As a weird coincidence, I married a guy who had the same name I would have gotten had I been born male.

If I had a boy, probably Camen. It's a nice-sounding name, I like it. Other ones I like are John and Eon.

For a girl? I don't mind Ella.

When I have my children My son will be Christopher Lee (my cousin Christopher Lee died of a drug overdose and this is my way of remembering him I guess you could say) My daughter will be Kari Lynn ( Kari like from Digimon and Lynn is my middle name and I was named after my aunt Lynn smile.gif )

I don't really care about middle names so I'm just gonna not write middle names

Girl: Jenna

Boy: Sean

Both after really good friends of mine

I love the name Nathan for a boy and Abigail for a girl. I've always adored those names. happy.gif

i really don't know if i want children, but i do know that i love naming things. my favorite traditionally-female names are faye (i got this from an ingrid michaelson song that i really love) and charlotte. if i had a daughter, rose would almost definitely be her middle name, it has a few different/important meanings for me. as for traditionally-male names, i don't have a long-time favorite name like faye/charlotte/rose, but lately i really like the names patrick and david. i also love the name dexter; i wish it wasn't associated with a serial killer character :P

If I ever have kids, they'll probably be named after book characters. I also like the names Allyson and Tori, but they would probably end up being middle names, at best. I enjoy the names Tobias, Gwilym (that poor child would have his name spelt so wrong everytime. Good thing theirs the english version--William), Alexander, and Max for boys. For girls, I like names like Minthe, Juniper, Artemis, Athena, and a variety of other mythologically based names. Gender neutral names are great too--names like Sage, or names that share a nickname (Example: a boy named Callum is often called Cal, which is also a nickname for a girl named Calypso).

Boy: Tiberius Johnathan

Girl: Lana Kathleen, Kathleen being my mother's name <3

I also love the name Diana *-*

My girlfriend and I decided that for a girl, her first name will be Zoie. We're still unsure about a middle name I think, haha. But for a boy, it'll be Morgan Skyler smile.gif She really liked the name Veronica for a girl with a nickname of Ronnie, but I don't like Veronica. I also really like the names Presley, Colby, Luka, Ezekiel, Gabriel, and Tobias.

I've lived my life (58 and counting!) with what I consider to be a horrible, fairly unusual gender neutral name, and swore any children would have nice feminine or masculine names. I had two girls, Sarah Louise and Emma Elizabeth. Had I known there would be two girls, I'd have swapped their second names around.

Boys would have been David Christopher and Ryan James.

I'm of a similar age, and only had one son, but I had four names lined up, too.

I won't post my son's name, since he'll think I'm a pest if I do, but a brother would have been Owen with either Robert, Herbert or David as the middle name.

First daughter would have been Katherine Mercy, Kat for short, and a second daughter would have been Grace, with Anne, Amelia or Theodosia as a middle name. Think I read a book with Theodosia in it many years ago, and I thought it was pretty at that time. rolleyes.gif

My first son will be named Richard after my dad. The father has no choice in this.

Other than that I also like the names Jack for a boy and Lillian for a girl.

I love the names Margot and Lisbet, but they are hopelessly oldfashioned in Germany, so wouldn't want to do that to a child. Eva is nice I think.

For boys I have always liked Julian.

I don't have children yet, but for a girl I really like the name Ginevra (like King Arthur wife), while for a boy Gabriel o Nicholas (the second name has a story since I only dreamed of having a child and that his name was Nicholas)