Yandere_Blood18

Singing?

Just a topic where we can talk about singing! biggrin.gif

I saw that someone posted a topic asking for singers, so I decided to create one where we can just talk about songs and singing in general.

[ Here's something to start off with ]

*** NOTE: You don't have to answer all the questions. ***

#1. Do you like singing?

(I don't care if you sounds like a screeching chicken, I'm asking if you like singing in general)

#2. What's your favorite genre/band/artist/singer? (this includes youtubers as well)

#3. What is the one song you always listen to (like at least once a day)?

#4. Would you recommend any songs so me? (pick at least 5 songs)

#5. Do you listen to fan covers? If you do, then what are your top 5? If not, then why?

#6. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?

#7. What song/genre/band do you hate/dislike/loathe? (no bashing, just say you don't like 'em)

----------------------------------------------------

[ Here's My Answers! ]

#1. Sometimes I sing as practice, but I don't plan on doing covers that I'll post anytime soon. dry.gif I often almost lose my voice as my 'practice sessions' are spastic (meaning I'll go as far as a month before I practice again) and I will song for almost 3 hours long.

#2. I have a few....Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry, Evanescence, Falling In Reverse, Get Scared, and Disturbed are my top ones to listen to. My favorite Youtube singer is NateWantsToBattle.

#3. Changes a lot, but my recent song is You're Gonna Go Far Kid and Everything's Alright (from the To The Moon soundtrack).

#4. I don't think I can recommend songs to myself....But I would say that the Me!Me!Me! song is something I would want others to listen to. Just don't watch the actual video, there's ones that have the song by itself. unsure.gif

#5. Of course I do~ There's too many to list though....One I like is 'Gary Oak' by NateWantsToBattle.

#6. Um....Actually I'm not listening to a song right now. dry.gif I'm watching Swingpoynt play The Stick Of Truth.

#7. I'm sorry, but I HATE country music! huh.gif I don't like rap either, but country music just....makes me awkward and depressed (which is bad because I already suffer from Severe Depression). Sorry to all country fans....I just don't like that genre.

#1. Do you like singing?

(I don't care if you sounds like a screeching chicken, I'm asking if you like singing in general)

#2. What's your favorite genre/band/artist/singer? (this includes youtubers as well)

#5. Do you listen to fan covers? If you do, then what are your top 5? If not, then why?

#7. What song/genre/band do you hate/dislike/loathe? (no bashing, just say you don't like 'em)

#1. Yes, but age and lack of practice and opportunity has taken away a chunk of the range I used to have, so I pretty much only sing along with the radio in the car these days.

#2. Almost everything! Favorites include such diverse pickings as Blackmore's Night, Rush, Queen, Metallica, Loreena McKennitt, Leslie Fish, Pat Benatar, Heather Alexander/Alexander Adams, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Epica, Heather Dale, Clannad, and Kamelot.

#3. *laughs* I've got a YouTube playlist with about 26 songs that I listen to almost every day, and half those songs pop up on Pandora when I'm listening to that instead. Um, probably Within Temptation's Our Solemn Hour, and the Emmy Rossum/Gerard Butler version of Phantom of the Opera.

#4. Passion and the Opera by Nightwish, Mordred's Lullaby by Heather Dale, Limelight by Rush, The Dancer and the Moon by Blackmore's Night, One by Metallica, The Highwayman by Loreena McKennitt, Ravens in the Library by S.J. Tucker, and Arafel's Lament by Heather Alexander.

#5. No, mainly because I just haven't run across too many.

#6. The Well by Omnia. Amazingly catchy tune with really dark and creepy lyrics.

#7. I'm not really into rap and hip-hop type stuff for the most part.

#1. Do you like singing?

#1. Despite being on the edge of a complete anti-talented failure when it comes to singing, yeah, I really do, but I only do it when I'm home alone. Sometimes it does happen that I hit the right note, but mostly it's a longshot. tongue.gif

#2. Rock / Tokio Hotel, let's say / Ramin Djawadi / Shakira

#3. That changes almost on a daily basis, but right now it's "Do you wanna build a snowman?" from the "Frozen" animated movie.

#4. "Feel it all" by Tokio Hotel / "Guide you home [i would die for you]" by Rebecca Kneubuhl and Gabriel Mann / "Elastic heart" by Sia feat. The Weeknd / "Crazy in love [2015 remix]" by Beyoncé / "Pyres of Varanasi" by 30 Seconds to Mars

#5. Yes, I do, but I don't have a top 5. However, I do like covers by Sofia Kalberg, she has a great voice. biggrin.gif

#6. "Spark" by Amy Macdonald

#7. "Adore you" by Miley Cyrus / reggae (just not feelin' it) / Slipknot

Edited by *Silver Fox*

#1. Do you like singing?

A.) Yes. If given the chance, I'd sing until my voice went out. Actually, I've done that a few times.

#2. What's your favorite genre/band/artist/singer?

A.) Instrumental, Classical, Trans Siberian Orchestra, Chameleon Circuit, YouTube Artists, Soundtracks.

A lot of instrumental stuff, covers, fanmade music, and small fish

#3. What is the one song you always listen to?

A.) Mostly I pick playlists from a singular band/artist. I never get tired of Chameleon Circuit or my Male Youtube Cover Artists

#4. Would you recommend any songs so me?

A.) Sure

-

by Camille Saint-Saëns

- Discombobulate by Hans Zimmerman and Lorne Balfe (check out the rest of the soundtrack too)

-

by Chameleon Circuit

- TSO Music (my favorite album)

-

by Chameleon Circuit

A.) Yes yes yes yes yes I do. I like hearing men sing traditionally female parts because GOD those beautiful deep voices. Also parodies

- Caleb Hyles He does mostly on-par with or better than the original work. For

fans.

-

by Taylor Davis. Instrumental Covers anyone?

-

is one of the best

- the

puts a lot of dedication and heart into making fandom music video covers of songs.

- and

I guess? He has a beautiful voice but some of his videos are a bit wonky since he records the video/sound separately

A.) The guy from the last link I put in here because it's just kinda convenient. Probably gonna go through all the stuff I posted in here.

#7. What song/genre/band do you hate/dislike/loathe?

A.) I have a distaste for modern rap and pop because most of the time I consider it pretty crass and unoriginal. However, there are some good ones out there as with everything.

#1. Do you like singing?

#7. What song/genre/band do you hate/dislike/loathe? (no bashing, just say you don't like them)

ahem.

#1. I LOOOOVE singing. I'm not the best, but I can hold a tune well enough to be put in my schools pop show in 11th grade. (Not that impressive but I was a little proud of that.)

2. My favorite artist in the world is Owl City. Followed by bowling for soup, artist vs poet, shine down, and a lot more.

3. I really like Fresh by Artist Vs Poet.

4. Uh....

5. I dooooo. I love MaddiejaneMusic. I think her voice is amazing. And she's so young. But usually I don't stick to just one artist, I'll just browse through covers.

6. GIRL ALL THE BAD GUYS WANT -Bowling for Soup

7. I do not like that "I'm so down." Song by like. 5sos or something. Like. Our towns radio really overplayed it. And I find it odd that she was wearing his underwear. I hope they were clean.

#1. Do you like singing?

YES. I absolutely adore singing. I'm pretty good at it so I sing whenever I can (This annoys a lot of my friends tongue.gif) and almost constantly have a tune going through my head. I tap out a beat if I really can't sing.

Surprisingly, I do not have a favorite. What I like really depends on my mood and because I listen to songs on repeat, I get bored of songs easily and have to switch after a few weeks. I come back to old songs very often though. If I had to pick I would go with Westlife.

Like I said before, don't have one. Two songs that I keep coming back to are Seasons in the Sun by Westlife and Everybody by Backstreet boys.

The A Team--Ed Sheeran

The Rose--Westlife

Why should I worry--From Oliver and Company (Disney)

Phantom of the Opera--Not really a song, but worth watchling/listening to. *Is a huge fan of opera*

To the Sky--Owl City

Very rarely, but most of the time I prefer the original. I like to stick to one version of the song because multiple versions confuse my brain and make it hard for me to sing the song properly.

EPIC RAP BATTLES OF HISTORY: Steve Jobs vs Bill Gates

Dubstep. I know it's hard to make, but I find a song without lyrics and any particular meaning or mood to be extremely hard to enjoy.

#1. Yes, I love to sing, have taken lessons for 4 years and been in a few choires, but I'm not the greatest, lol. But I've always loved to sing, from I was 1, my parents have told me I learned to sing before I learned to talk, lol.

#2. I don't have any special fave genre but some of my fave bands/artists are Imagine Dragon, Eva Cassidy, Maria Mena, Tori Amos, Leonard Cohen, Sia, Jaqueline Renee Legere (YouTube), Julia Sheer (YouTube), Paulo Nutini, Katie Melua +++.

#3. It varies. Right now it is Becky G's Can't Stop Dancin'. There's just something so elegant and fun about it.

#4.

Eva Cassidy - Autumn Leaves

#5. Not enough to have an opinion. Don't ask me why it's just been that way, but I might just start doing it more. I love Julia Sheer and a couple of others though. I've been obsessed with her

for the longest time.

#6.Priscilla Ahn - Dream, because I looked up the link tongue.gif I couldn't close the tab, haha.

#7. I guess I'm sortof right in the middle of every genre, I don't like the extreme sassy-jazzy jazz but I like the softer jazz, I don't like the harsher kinds of rock, but rythmic "lighter" rock is fine. The only genres I really don't like is opera and metal, but then again there's exceptions because I like some Nightwish and Within Temptation. So it really shouldn't surprise anyone that I don't like ACDC or Metallica etc tongue.gif I just ... I can't. Too much screeming tongue.gif

#1. Do you like singing?

I love to sing. c:

My favorite band would have to be Pianos Become the Teeth, but my favorite group to sing would be the Stanley Brothers.

Oof, hard question. It changes daily. :P

Sorry if you don't like 'em, but here is a large variety of songs:

, by Oh, Sleeper

, by The Front Bottoms

, by The Wonder Years

, by Pianos Become the Teeth (My favorite song to hear)

, by Bill Monroe (My favorite song to sing)

Not really, I don't look music up much. c:

The sound of cars driving too fast on a curvy road.

Hollywood Undead or Blood on the Dance Floor. I also don't care much for Starset (their lyrics need some polishing.)

#1. Do you like singing?

I LOVE singing! I sing all the time, and I especially love to sing when I'm driving or in the shower.

My favourite band is The Smiths, Morrissey is (and always will be) my favourite singer

Ahh, I listen to so many but probably There Is a Light That Never Goes Out by The Smiths

Still Ill - The Smiths

- Blur

- The Housemartins

- Haircut 100

- Morrissey

I don't usually listen to fan covers because I will never like them more than the original song

All That Money Wants by The Psychedelic Furs

Can't stand Twenty One Pilots or One Direction, I don't think I've ever hated any band more than those two. I also loathe country music, it all sounds the same to me.

Edited by DaniBoo

#1. Do you like singing?
Yeah... But so terrible. I wish I could sing well.

My voice is really sucks..

I'm so moody. So I can't say.

This foreisn song.

Freetempo - Dreaming

And... sorry all of these are non-english songs..

Yes, I rarey leasten.

Otep - Ghost flower

So many modern pop. Sounds same to me.

I feel like some people using rap, hip-hop for justify their rude behavior. And there're so many excessively macho people(in my country). ...Although I like hip-hop, rap.

Edited by Kyath The Dream Worker

#1. Do you like singing? 
I love to sing! Even more so now, since I only recently discovered that my singing voice is quite good. I used to be extremely shy about singing in front of others and now I do it every so often without a care in the world :)

It's absolutely impossible to pick a favorite! I tend to like: 80s-90s music, indie/alternative, rock, electro pop, house, EDM, and classical music.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I listen to the same song daily, but a while back I was hung up on 2 specific songs: "Disclosure - You & Me Flume Remix" and "Feels like we only go backwards - Tame Impala".

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd, Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - Eurythmics, Diet Mountain Dew - Lana Del Rey,  Without You - Oh Wonder, The Less I Know The Better - Tame Impala, Insane - Flume. There's probably songs I like better that I could recommend, but those are the ones I can name off the top of my head that I know are pretty cool.

I do, actually. I listen to them because I love seeing different interpretations to my favorite songs and seeing people with beautiful voices of their own adding their own twist. I don't have a top 5 but yesterday I was listening to Alice Kristensen cover the Arctic Monkeys and Lana Del Rey. Her voice is fantastic.

Nothing, but the lyrics to "Queen of Disaster" by Lana Del Rey keep floating through my mind.

I don't hate any particular band. For genres, I truly dislike Mexican "Banda" and heavy metal rock. 

#1. Do you like singing?

I love to sing and sound awful at it. XD ...I just apparently sing the wrong way so I often get a sore throat or lose my voice if I sing for too long.

My favorite genre are rock, Celtic and eurobeat. My favorite band at the moment is probably JAM Project, and my favorite singers tend to be solo Japanese artists (MIQ, Toshiya Igarashi, etc.) or voice actors (Tomokazu Seki, Takeshi Kusao, Sho Hayami, Nobutoshi Canna, etc.).

"HEATS" from Getter Robo Armageddon. ...Or rather its instrumental remix from Super Robot Wars V since I've been playing that game recently. (Banpresto's really good at instrumental stuff... that franchise has the best video game bgm I've ever heard.)

From Poets of the Fall (a Finnish band): Carnival of Rust, Locking Up the Sun, Drama for Life, Lift. Especially good with the music videos (get the lyric video for Drama for Life, the actual music video isn't all that good).

From JAM Project (a Japanese band): Fire Wars, Hagane no Messiah, The Gate of the Hell, Gong, Wings of the Legend... most of the solo stuff from the band members is also really good, but that's because JAM Project is a supergroup.

I don't really listen to fan covers all that much, but there are some really good ones out there. My favorite three are Danny Alv's English cover of "Binks Sake" (from One Piece), Fyre's cover of "Kiseki" (Pokemon X and Y ending theme) and Tony Yonné's cover of "Tasogare Oyaji" (from Pokemon Black and White). Yonné isn't an actual person but an Utauloid, though. Then there's all the Japanese artists covering each other, and I really like Toru Furuya's cover of Rainy Blue (a Hideaki Tokunaga song) and Minoru Shiraishi's snippet of "Skies of Love" (first OP to Legend of the Galactic Heroes).

"Real Ability" from Super Robot Wars OG: Moon Dwellers. I had to buy the soundtrack since SRW music is awesome. ...Doesn't help that I love the pilots and units whose bgm Real Ability is.

I don't like rap for the most part, unless it's combined with a good melody (Don Johnson Big Band combines rap, hip-hop and saxophones and it sounds soooo good). I also dislike Saara Aalto so much I change the channel when she shows up on TV.

#1. Do you like singing?

Oh, boy. Yes. I'm semi-professional, despite not having the patience to learn to read sheet music and nursing a distaste for public singing. I've always had a good voice, thankfully. (I tend not to do much talking for various reasons, so when I let out a sound akin to a dark angel ecstatically ruminating, people tend to be a little surprised. Heh.) I taught myself trills and runs and other technical stuff, which stunned my coaches. In chorus I was always the one being asked to solo, generally because of my range (somewhere around contralto through mezzo-soprano), but also because early on, I was the only student who could actually carry a tune. I would say I'm best suited to ballads, especially folksy ones. Wandering bardic minstrel is an occupation I'm proud to have, and it's more fun than most of my other jobs.

Classical/traditional, Celtic, folk, metal, and hard rock. I really can't single one artist out, though - there are too many.

"Misty Mountains Cold," "May It Be," Blind Guardian's albums, and anything else Middle-Earthian. Metalmetalmetalcrankitupgood.

#4. Would you recommend any songs so me?

Anything K-pop or J-pop, which I deduce might interest you.

Usually, I listen to instrumental covers, especially ones of artists that can transform the piece into something uniquely theirs. Asking me to make a list isn't a good idea if you want to save time.

Nothing, because I wouldn't be able to concentrate on this post.

Rap and most hip-hop. I really don't see how they count as music. Even metal has a basis in classical, come on. I like one or two Taylor Swift songs, but she seems like a terrible person.

Edited by Sesshomaru

On 6/16/2015 at 12:11 AM, Yandere_Blood18 said:

#1. Do you like singing?

1. Yes.  I used to be good til i bashed my neck into a pole while playing grounders.  At least that's what I blame rather that me squeezing my throat to reach notes I couldn't otherwise hit afterwards.  Since then, my voice has been deteriorating.  Somehow, joining choir made it worse, but I quit now, so maybe someday...

2. Rock and vocaloid (not really a genre, but it's a vocal synthesizer).  I'd have to say my favorite artists are Nothing More, Yuyoyuppe, ChikuwaP (they've only ever made one song, but it's pretty much my favorite song), Broken Iris, Within Temptation.  There are more, but I'm not bothering to list them because they're too numerous and I usually only like one or two of their songs.

3. For a really long time (~2 months) I was absolutely obsessed with this song called Itai Atashi Ashita Aitai.  The song itself has disturbing lyrics and is about revenge, I think.  In terms of songs I listen to on a regular basis, none really.  I'm all over the place and tend to flip between artists all the time.  I guess Temposhark's Don't Mess With Me has been my go to happy song.  Sure, the lyrics are self-entitled and pretty egocentric, but who wouldn't want to rule the world? :P

4.  The aforementioned Itai Atashi Ashita Aitai (not for everyone, but I thoroughly enjoy it), fake or fate (its part of my current lineage project. It's has adult themes, I think, but it's not too bad to not be allowed on the site...), Ger Scared (what I'm currently listening to), Friendly Fire, Where Butterflies Never Die

5. Depends.  I've listened to utaite, does that count?  I've also listened to remixes of game music.  Otherwise, not really.  I'm more interested in the original.

6. WHATEVER YOUTUBE AUTOPLAY IS STUFFING DOWN MY- WAIT, NOT THAT.  THAT'S THE THIRD TIME I'VE HEARD THAT SONG TODAY, WHYYYYYY

7. I prefer to keep myself open, so I don't dislike anything.  Yet.

1. Yes I do, but I can't say I'm any good at it, lol. I just do it for fun.

2. I mostly listen to rock, soundtracks from movies or games I like and instrumental fantasy-inspired music. But as for favourite band, it's Disturbed probably, they're the ones I can listen to always without getting bored with their music.

3. Right now, the music from "the greatest showman".

4. Five songs to recommend you ... Hmm. Then let's do it like this;

"This is me" - from "The Greatest Showman"

"You're mine" - Disturbed

"Du kommer ångra det här" - Uno Svenningson

"That song" - Amaranthe

"I am not nothing" - Beth Crowley

5. Sometimes, not often. But happens every once in a while. The reason why I don't do it more often, is because I'm rather picky about it - sadly. But some covers are at times even better than the original.

Like Calum Scott for example, he's a great example at it. His cover of "dancing on my own" that he sang in his audition in Britan's got talent is way better than the original song in my opinion.

6. "The islander" - Nightwish

7.  Honestly, if it were the me I was years ago to answer this question, I'd say "I hate techno" ... I still dislike it quite a lot. But I have grown up and come to accept it. Perhaps not every single singer in the genre, but some of them I have come to like. For example, I used to loathe Lady Gaga, nowdays I've come to realize that she's actually a pretty talented singer with a great voice when she doesn't "hide" it behind all the techno-stuff. I love that song which goes "you're giving me a million reasons", even though it's not like ... let's say "pokerface" - but it really shows her voice and how great a singer she is.

So nowdays it really isn't anything I will go to the lenghts of saying "I hate", I may say "I dislike it" about somethings - but hate is way beyond me now.

On 16/6/2015 at 3:11 AM, Yandere_Blood18 said:

#1. Do you like singing?

1. Yes, but only when I'm alone at home, or driving my car :3 (I'm pretty bad.... in both)                                                                                                                                                   
  2. My favorite band is Dragon Force, I like their vocalist a lot too.   (I also like Linkin Park) 
    And the genres of music that I like are: electro house - hard bass - heavy metal and rock X3                                                                                                                           
  3. Dragonforce - Through the Fire and Flames and Dragonforce - Disciples of Babylon are never missing in my day to day :3                                                                         
  4. Ehh...-Bleed It Out (Linkin Park) -Balalaika (DJ Blyatman (if you like hard basss, or do not know it) -Shiva (Zoomatik) -Animal I Have Become (Three Days Grace) -Nothing But Love (Axwell)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
  5. I tend to like the remixes of electro house songs a lot, I do not know if it counts, but generally I do not try very hard to find who created the cover.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  6. Ironically a remix of the song "Axwell - Nothing But Love" is pretty good :3                                                                                                                                               
  7. Opposing popular thought of here in Latin America, I hate reggaeton, cumbia and Latin pop, I really do not like them at all, their lyrics seem to me sexist, and their rhythms repetitive...
Edited by Draco_Darkness

#1. Do you like singing?

Yes, I love to sing! I don't think I'm that good of a singer, but I have gotten up the nerve to sing at my work's annual talent show twice. Otherwise I just sing while listening to my headphones (often while doing chores). 

Hard question! I'm mostly a 90s-country gal, that's what I grew up with and what I'll always go back to. I also like random stuff in other genres, like Garbage and Alexz Johnson and t.A.T.u. With YouTubers, I recently discovered Malinda Kathleen Reese, who is best known for her 'Google Translate Sings' videos, but her regular covers are absolutely beautiful too. 

Um.... Alexz Johnson's Skipping Stone, it's what I listen to to calm my anxiety. Lately I've also been listening to Halestorm's I Miss The Misery almost every day even though I normally don't like their kind of music at all.

The two I mentioned above, 30 Minutes by t.A.T.u. (if you want to get creeped out watch the music video to realize what the song is actually about...), Clarity by Zedd, Wonderland by Natalia Kills

Sometimes... I don't seek them out or anything, and the only person I actually consistently listen to their covers is Malinda Kathleen Reese (her Journey to the Past cover (from the movie Anastasia) is simply amazing). I also really like Demi Lovato's take on Take Me To Church.

Actually not listening to music right now, just the audiobook I constantly have playing in the background (constantly, I've listened to all 8 1/2 hours of it literally 25 times at this point.... Anyways.)

I'm not a fan of rap, although I can deal with 'light rap' as I call it, just not the more hardcore stuff. I'm also really, really not into heavy metal of any sort, same for hard rock, it just never appeals to me at all (which is why my current interest in the one Halestorm song is strange for me). I think a part of the reason for that is that the faster tempo can screw with my anxiety, though, so it's possible if I didn't have anxiety issues I'd like that kind of thing more.

Edited by HeatherMarie
typos galore!