Keriel

Songs in foreign languages

do you sing or know any songs that aren't in english or your own native language??

I have become alright at singing some Japanese credit to anime. and i find it so much more fun than singing in english

songs i can sing

Japanese:

song name - band - anime

Daia no hana - yoriko - Black cat

Alumina - nightmare - death note

Ashita no Kioku - Takahashi Naozumi - Black Blood Brothers

love love shine - DDR - unknown

Fukai mori - Do As Infinity - Inuyasha

Hishoku no Sora - Mami kawada - unknown

Yowake Umare Kuru Shoujo - Yoko Takahashi - unknown

19 Sai - Suga Shikao - holic (i think)

Other

Caramelldansen - caramell

Numa Numa - O-Zone

Do you have any videos or recordings of you singing in another language? what are the songs you like etc etc XP

Same here. I like to sing Japanese songs.

I can pick up the lyrics in those songs really quickly, easier than english songs, actually. xd.png

Pick any song on my mp3 and I could probably sing it.

Well... Of it's a language I somewhat understand tongue.gif I sing along to Sweedish songs just as much as I do to Norwegian songs.

And I sing along to French and Spanish songs to, if I hear them often enough to pick up the music. I've had to sing in both of those languages before for school *used to know Silent Night better in French than English and Norwegian rolleyes.gif *

And I had to learn a bunch of Portugese songs for Capoeira~ That would be all the Portugese I know tongue.gif

Edited by coralkiki

I can sing a song in Greek called Christos Anesti - it's an Orthodox Easter thing.

I also sing a few Korean songs though, I love Korean. xd.png

*foreign =|

Anyway, yes, I mainly listen to foreign ones because they're easier to tune out. Of course, you guys all know that I love the Naganegi Flamenco. (ナガネギフラメンコ)

Somewhere along the lines I started listening to Japanese music 90% of the time >>;; The songs I can fully sing along to are usually the ones from the albums that I own (since I'm too lazy to lift my fingers to do lyric searches if otherwise) but usually after listening to a song for a while, the words get "absorbed". Japanese is awesome that way, I can sing in it without knowing what the heck I'm actually singing about xd.png -is trying to pick up Japanese as a third language to remedy that-

Some of my favourite singers are KOKIA, Chiaki Ishikawa, UVERworld, L'Arc~en~Ciel amongst a bajillion others :3

OMG I love Japanese songs, I started to get into them around... 2yrs ago I think. My fave Artists are UVERworld, L'Arc~en~Ciel, So As Infinity, YUI, Nico Touches Walls, Fukuhara Miho and many more. OH any one seen/heard the new Naruto Opening, New Song?

Fave song that I know the lyrics to is Ready Steady Go, Fullmetal Alchemist

READY STEADY CAN'T HOLD ME BACK

READY STEADY GIVE ME GOOD LUCK

READY STREADY NEVER LOOK BACK

LET'S GET STARTED READY STEADY GO

fukitonde yuku fukei korugaru you ni mae e

kurushi magure demo hyouteki wa mou minogasanai

ate ni naranai chizu yakute shimaeba ii sa

uzumoreta shinjitsu kono tenohira de tsukami torou

muchuu de (hayaku) kake nukete kita

urusai kurai ni harisake sou na kodou no takanari

hibite (yonde) iru kimi no koe

koko de tachidomaru you na jikan wa nai sa

READY STEADY GO

kazoe kirenai kizu kakae konde ite mo

chotto yasotto ja tamashi made wa ubawasenai

ano oka no mukou de kimi ni deaeta nara

nani kara hana sou sonna koto bakari omou yo

Lyrics from Animelyrics.com

muchuu de (hayaku) kake nukete kita

urusai kurai ni harisake sou na kodou no takanari

hibite (yonde) iru kimi no koe

koko de tachidomaru you na jikan wa nai sa

READY STEADY GO

READY STEADY CAN'T HOLD ME BACK

READY STEADY GIVE ME GOOD LUCK

READY STREADY NEVER LOOK BACK

LET'S GET STARTED READY STEADY GO

kokoro wa (hashiru) ano sora no shita

karamawari suru kimochi ga sakebi dasu no o tomerarenai

kimi made (todoke) kitto ato sukoshi

atsuku hizashi ga terasu kono michi no mukou

READY STEADY GO

PLEASE. TRUST ME.

I know a few french songs, because my french exchange student introduced me to french pop. (it's sooooo much better than american pop.)

Maxime Le Forestier - San Francisco

Francois Cabrel - Le Corrida

El Bodeguero

a bunch of songs by Japanese bands ( NICO, Karma, Chihiro Onitsuka etc.)

Dragostea Din Tei (why god have I ever heard this ? xd.png)

I like to sing along those, but I am not such a good singer^^

Hmm...

Colores, Colores , Dimelo (along with some other Spanish songs I listened to during Spanish class)

Ready Steady Go, Glamorous Sky etc. (most of the groups I know are older like L'arc~en~Ciel and Gackt)

And a bunch of K-Pop (not that I can sing any of it other than the English parts... |D)

I know quite a few foreign songs in French and Vietnamese.

Also some Japanese theme songs from various animes. xd.png

And a bit of one Spanish song called Besame Mucho.

Its easiest for me to pick up on the lyrics of German songs. Mainly by Rammstein.

Songs like: Feuer frei.Keine Lust. Sonne. And Ich Will.

KursedFire I love your pics!!!! I am a huge naruto fan soooo i had to post >.<' I like most of the anime openings and brown eyed girls and maxime the hormone is a great bamd/s

Its easiest for me to pick up on the lyrics of German songs. Mainly by Rammstein.

Rammstein here too, and a few from animes, and even though it's Latin not japanese, Lilium from Elfen Lied

Rammstein is also one of the few (only) foreign bands I listen because I don't think of English as foreign language anymore. Sonne and Moskau are the best!

As foreign to other people, Metsatöll. Folk metal FTW! It's full of ancient wolf power.

I love singing in Italian and French. German's tough for me, though. I'm terrible at the consonants. :\

Oh, and Latin! I adore Latin. Best language ever.

To me all english songs are foreign tongue.gif

I sing along with all the dutch songs I know, but those are not foreign to me, so I guess that doesn't count.. I can sing along with some frensh and spanish songs.. and some german songs as well!

Hishoku no Sora, the Shakugan no Shana theme song.

And Chinese is my main language, so I don't consider it foreign, but if you must know ~ Zhong Guo Hua by S.H.E. <3

As I'm n native English speaker, I hear a lot of songs in a foreign language tongue.gif

I also hear many German bands and sometimes, but not really often other languages.

I can actually sing one song in Spanish. "Sigo aqui" (the english version of "I'm still here" from the movie "Treasure planet"), I like it so much more in Spanish than what I like it in English and Swedish.

I also have managed to sing "Danzai no hana", "Alone", "M.o.n.s.t.e.r." quite well too... Though, I'm still not good at all in Japanese... Heh.. ^^'

I cheat because I am French but, on of my favorite french bands: Les Ogres de Barback.

I post it because it's sonds really really deep french x)

The name of my favorite songs:

Au café du canal

Contes vents et marées

Pas bien

La dispute des légumes

I can gave other bands if you want.

In other languages... english in fact.

Edited by Merdeuse

No love for Gaelic songs here?!

They're one hell of a pain to sing to, but it's well worth the effort.

I haven't had as regular access to compilations/other albums, which is by far the easiest and best way to find these songs, there's not a lot of them on Youtube. Two that I absolutely love and managed to find good versions of, though:

Dulaman, this particular version is by Anuna.

Marie Mhilis Bhrea, by Solas.