Purpzie

"Pin" Dragons

Very simple. You can select one or more of your own dragons to display at the top of your scroll or perhaps in a special section, regardless of sorting. This would allow people to put their favorite dragons on display or remember ones that they're using for breeding projects/other purposes.

Edited by Purpzie

That would be awesome, but until something like that gets added you can do it with Custom Sort ~ ☺

I'm with Sock. I wouldn't use it because I heavily custom sort my dragons anyway, but can see how useful it could be for those who use one of the stock sorting methods.

For those saying "just use custom sort" - do you have any idea how much of a hassle it is with several thousand dragons? (Especially if you're using a custom sort right now.) Unless, of course, you sort everything as soon as it grows up - but even that gets old pretty quickly. I know just one thing - I'm so not going back to custom sort any time soon. Even if finding new dragon breeds on my scroll can become a bit... problematic. (It took me skimming over my whole dragon collection two times before I finally found my brand-new Sinii Krai dragons - between Blue-Bandeds and Blunas. Yeah, I use the Legacy Breed Sort...)

Edited by olympe

I've never really had a proper order for my scroll, but I can say for certain that I'd love the use of a pinned feature, and would absolutely use it for my favourite dragon(s) that I'm most proud of. I support this feature, and it doesn't have to be used for those who prefer to sort.

I would *love* this! I've tried, multiple times, to use Legacy Custom Sort to do this. I want my Undeads at the top of my scroll. But sorting new dragons correctly just became too much of a hassle. I would love the ability to use a regular sort but have certain dragons pinned!

Yeah this would be really nice. As it is the only way to do this afaik is really annoying and time consuming.

I have several thousand dragons. Custom sort works fine for me.

I just adjust everybody once in a while keeping my specials near the top.

With that said, Not opposed to a pinning option.

I might or might not use this myself but see no reason having it would harm anything. Sure, I'll support it.

I use alternate custom sort now, and new dragons automatically go between the very first one on my scroll and every one else. Then once grown I hand sort them down, leaving my more special dragons on the first page. So, while not technically "pinned" mine do stay where I want them. I understand why not everyone uses that sort method though.

For those saying "just use custom sort" - do you have any idea how much of a hassle it is with several thousand dragons? (Especially if you're using a custom sort right now.) Unless, of course, you sort everything as soon as it grows up - but even that gets old pretty quickly. I know just one thing - I'm so not going back to custom sort any time soon. Even if finding new dragon breeds on my scroll can become a bit... problematic. (It took me skimming over my whole dragon collection two times before I finally found my brand-new Sinii Krai dragons - between Blue-Bandeds and Blunas. Yeah, I use the Legacy Breed Sort...)

Yep, that's the main reason I suggested this!

Some people are able to handle using custom sort on large scrolls, but others may not have the time/energy to go through pages upon pages of dragons.

Edited by Purpzie

I support this! This is long overdue for those of us who have been pinning dragons by hand for years.

I have a list of specific dragons that always go at the top of my scroll. They include two zombies which are visible at night. It is a pain to have to periodically clear out all newly hatched dragons on page one of my scroll and painstakingly re-create each of the dragons I want “pinned“ at the top of my scroll. Currently, the only way to do this is with a negative number system, such as -100, -99, -98, etc. I have to use manual sort, which I would not have to do if I could simply pin these dragons to the top of my scroll. 

We really need two things. One is is the ability to to pin dragons at the top of our scroll. It would be equally as handy if, once dragons grew up, they would AutoSort with their breed.

Currently, in order to sort my scroll, I must do the following:

1. Go to Manual Sort. Click on Sort by Breed (do not save)

2. Have a copy of my “old sort” open in a different tab.

3. Find each dragon on the page, one at a time, by searching the page for the individual dragon’s name

4. Manually “pin” each dragon with a different negative number (such as -100)

5. Save sort

This would not be necessary if we had a “pin dragon“ feature. And if we had a “AutoSort by breed“ in addition to this, it would make for very easy sorting.

I've seen some people put a "Current Projects" or "Note to Self - Check This List" Group at the top of their scroll, so they can easily find certain dragons. 

I did something similar with the Prizekins I'm seeking mates for, so I wouldn't always have to refer to my spreadsheet when I'm browsing trades and suddenly forget whether I needed a Prize from a *male* Gold Shimmer or a *female* Gold Shimmer!

For the record, I have 11,699 grown dragons on my scroll, and I use Custom Sort.  (We should have a "what sort do you use" poll...)

Edited by sorenna