maylin

Remove sickness from New Releases

People view bombing peoples new releases seems to be very common every new release so I propose maybe a temp removal of sickness on new release dragons after they drop into the cave.

Maybe 24 hours.

People would still need to keep a eye on the views so it would not get sick and die after the 24 hours but it would give some breathing room to those who forgot to fog their new eggs after getting it.

Edited by maylin

How long would a "new release" count as new ?

I think Fuzz was asking what defines a "new release"? Released in the last day, the last week, the last month?

I think Fuzz was asking what defines a "new release"? Released in the last day, the last week, the last month?

I think the OP means first 24 hours of the eggs hitting the cave, the sickness feature should be disabled for them so that members are not getting view bombed in addition to scrambling to get new eggs. So for eg. a breed released in cave on 24 January 12:00am cave time should not be allowed to die of sickness (or not get sick at all?) until 25 January 12:00am.

I support this.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

I think this suggestion should be read as:

"Enable sickness immunity on the newly introduced breeds for 24 hours since the very moment of making them availlable for the players".

Well I'm on the fence. I wouldn't mind this perk, personally, but currently the best and only way to prevent viewbombing is hiding your scroll and fogging your eggs right after you grab them, then wait until the next day.

oops ninja'd

Edited by Light Concorde

So the OP does mean 24 hours post release. FINE. But it is now several days since the firegems and tetras were released and people are still being bombed - so I don't think this would be the answer. Let's face it - the ONLY real answer is hidden scrolls, fog, and personal vigilance.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I was definitely view bombed after the 24 hours were past! I was lucky that I saw it because I didn't expect my brand new eggs that I had not posted anywhere to get nearly 300 views in less than 2 hours. I was able to save them, but others were not that lucky. 24 hours is simply not long enough, especially with a very difficult release like this one. It is sad that some people react to frustration in this way, but it has been proven time and again that they do.

Likewise, actually.

And it isn't just new releases - where do we stop ? I was also bombed when I put up shinies for raffles.

I don't think it's bad to have an added layer of security for at least some time, we have to be vigilant all other times anyway. A breather isn't something I'd complain about. 24 hour thing is open ended and clearly just to get the ball rolling. We can discuss what would be an ideal timeframe.

And personally, I can't hide my scroll during new release because I'm an active trader and EATW market has better response than forum trading for me time and time again, which doesn't allow using the service with a hidden scroll.

Excuse me if this is naive,

but couldn't you just fogg an egg for a while after getting it from the cave?

or just use a hatchery that rotates it's eggs (which should decrease veiws per egg)?

Excuse me if this is naive,

but couldn't you just fogg an egg for a while after getting it from the cave?

or just use a hatchery that rotates it's eggs (which should decrease veiws per egg)?

He does have a point. That's probably why I didn't lose any of my eggs is simply because I fogged my eggs. I wait to put my eggs in a hatchery for a while before adding them.

The current round of bombing seems to be centered in the gifting threads, and I suspect is just one or maybe two people.

Personally, when I suspect bombing might happen, I hid and fog my scroll.

I think the best way to deal with this, suggestion wise, is to add some sort of Heal / Guard type BSA and to improve the scroll hiding options. Both already have suggestions out here with good approval.

Cheers!

C4.

Right on - as I said. WE are the only people who can protect our own scrolls.

as I've already mentioned in the news thread...

I'm wondering why DC would even have such a mechanic as death from too many views in a too short time? And since it's been there at all, why is it not scrapped yet? Sickness could be an okay if it e.g. slowed down the timer of an egg or made it impossible to hatch until its cured... but to kill? It serves nothing but feeding the trolls...

No death from overviewing=no trolling possible. Problem solved.

I sometimes can't get it how TJ can let some of the most obviously gamebreaking mechanics still exist the way they are... Ratios, breeding(old breed x new hardly ever producing the older breed), this,... How TJ can keep those problems in his game...? And these I mentioned seem so easy to fix for a coder...

Viewbombing is also not only about new releases, it's been also about e.g. CB metals and lowgen Prizes and other stuff the viewbomber may envy or sth...

It's in general a mechanics made possible by the game itself that basically gives trolls and other freaks possibility to do harm to other players without even hacking their accounts... And being such, this mechanics should be removed competely, not just protected from for a short time period for very special cases...

Make it impossible for eggs to die of viewbombing = fix the trolling problem by completely removign a posisbility to troll

and it's said by me, a person who's never been viewbombed nor lost an egg to sickness. And I never fog my new eggs and my scrollname is not hidden.

PS also the simple 'hide yoru scroll & eggs" doesn't work if you need ot put your egg in trades.

Edited by VixenDra

I think the OP means first 24 hours of the eggs hitting the cave, the sickness feature should be disabled for them so that members are not getting view bombed in addition to scrambling to get new eggs. So for eg. a breed released in cave on 24 January 12:00am cave time should not be allowed to die of sickness (or not get sick at all?) until 25 January 12:00am.

I support this.

This^ yes.

So the OP does mean 24 hours post release. FINE. But it is now several days since the firegems and tetras were released and people are still being bombed - so I don't think this would be the answer. Let's face it - the ONLY real answer is hidden scrolls, fog, and personal vigilance.

This suggestion is not for the current eggs but for future releases.

And is to help at the start not the whole release, as I said people would still need to watch their eggs.

Edited by maylin

PS also the simple 'hide yoru scroll & eggs" doesn't work if you need ot put your egg in trades.

Actually teleport links hold up when a scroll is hidden.

This suggestion is not for the current eggs but for future releases.

And is to help at the start not the whole releases, as I said people would still need to watch their eggs.

No, I know. (It is far too late for this release anyway xd.png) But it happens every time; this time is just the worst in a long time. And a lot of people are catching their first new eggs long after that 24 hours.

No, I know. (It is far too late for this release anyway xd.png) But it happens every time; this time is just the worst in a long time. And a lot of people are catching their first new eggs long after that 24 hours.

Ah ok xd.png Misunderstood then

But the 24 hours thing is just a suggestion, I would personally love 3 days but I think 24 hours would be more realistic of TJ to do.

And its just a help for people who forgot to fog their new release with all the excitement and a lot of people end up with dead eggs on the first day from view bombers. Eggs are most weak at 7 days.

Edited by maylin

Starting to wonder the same as VixenDra... Why even have the sickness in game... Why not just make records of dragons with the most views ever possible and no drama :L

It's enough to get dead eggs with 0 days left, earthquake and Vampire bites ~~~

I do support the 24 hour immunity suggestion, since the sickness won't stop being a thing anytime soon anyhow ~~

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

While I agree sickness is mostly pointless, I don't support the given suggestion.

I feel as though it'd be a "band-aid" that doesn't come close to covering the full scope of the problem. In addition, people are still being view-bombed.... and its 4 days after the release. Better, I think, to NOT give people that false security blanket and make them pay attention.....

And, of course, add heal / guard and some more scroll settings, which would provide actual targeted help.

Or just remove sickness, but that too has been suggested ad-nauseum and has had no effect yet.

Cheers!

C4.

There will always be view bombers and TJ does not want to get rid of sickness so just a little something to help new releases would be nice.

Edited by maylin

As a matter of course, I always fog my eggs for three days after grabbing them, just cause I'm paranoid about being targeted by viewbombers. This is tangental, but a 'hide/unhide all' button would be convenient.

I don't think this is necessary, as long as we get a new feature that prevents eggs/hatchlings in teleports from getting sick. Because that's the eggs we simply cannot protect

It would also take care of any kind of discussion of how long an exception to sickness there should be.

Alternately, there are a few BSA suggestions that might help, too.