toxicneon

Game of Thrones

Is anyone else excited as I am?

I'll be making lemon cakes for the premiere!

For those who haven't read the books:

From Wiki:

The story of A Song of Ice and Fire takes place in a fictional world, primarily upon a continent called Westeros but also on a large landmass to the east, known as Essos. Most of the characters are human but as the series progresses other races are introduced, such as the cold and menacing Others from the far North and fire-breathing dragons from the East, both races thought to be extinct by the people of the story. There are three principal storylines in the series: the chronicling of a dynastic civil war for control of Westeros between several competing families; the rising threat of the Others who dwell beyond an immense wall of ice that forms Westeros' northern border; and the ambition of Daenerys Targaryen, the exiled daughter of a king who was murdered in another civil war fifteen years previously, to return to Westeros and claim her rightful throne. As the series progresses, all three storylines become increasingly interwoven and dependent on each other.

WARNING. MATURE CONTENT. This is a series for 14+. Please don't watch the videos linked if you aren't old enough. (No full on nudity or anything.)

I loved the book series (which still hasn't finished) and am tooooooootally excited about this. 8D

So damn excited.

Howel and I have been fliiping the hell outa bout this forever know.

@.@

Loved the intro. Such a good thing to do when you've turned an epic series into a TV programme - use the map from the inner cover!

Quite impressed by the pilot, so I'm seriously looking forward to seeing the rest of it. Definitely needs to go on after the watershed, though. Most seriously not PG13.

Finally watched the pilot last night, and am hungry for more. c:

When I read about the production of GoT, I was a bit apprehensive about the actor choices, but it looks like it'll be all good.

Most seriously not PG13.

But you can say that about the original books, definitely R-rated as well.

I saw the first episode on Monday. I feel sorry for whatshername. The blonde girl who got forced into marrying that dude with the horses. I hope her brother gets his.

I saw the first episode on Monday. I feel sorry for whatshername. The blonde girl who got forced into marrying that dude with the horses. I hope her brother gets his.

Daenerys has a huge story of her own in the saga, but I'm not going to spoil it for you. Viserys is a general jerk/maybe inherited the family psychopathy, since the Targaryens were a highly inbred royal family.

That's the one (it takes me a while to learn names and I didn't want to Google it in case of spoilers).

At least if she has a story of her own she won't get killed off for a bit. I just hope it's not full of misery.

Since from the sound of it you haven't read the books, I'll just say that up until now (at least some part of A Dance with Dragons, which is, finally, coming out sometime this year, iirc) she stays alive. And becomes pretty badass.

I haven't read the books no. I didn't even know there were books until I saw this thread this morning. *Is so clueless*

Cool. happy.gif

Go read them nao. :B

There are four books so far (currently intended to be seven, the 5th has been waited upon for some 5 years now). They're long (800+ pages each), brutal and very, very interesting.

The books were literary crack for me. I would sit up til 4 AM reading them. Can't wait for Sunday!

8D omg I didn't realize the thread here.

YESS so excited/am excited for next new eps.

I loved all of Jon's and Arya's scenes this week's episode. But ending was so sad even though it stayed true to the books.

I've read all but the 4th book so far.

About what I expected, good enough to keep watching n__n The pilot really kept my attention despite the adaptation being so faithful.

Just hoping that GRRM actually writes/releases the 5th book by the time they get to the 5th season.

I've read all but the 4th book so far.

The 4th book is good - Arya's arc is pretty sweet. And Cersei gets even worse.

kadoatie, the 5th book is to be released in July. :]

Arya is one of the reasons why I'm so eager about the 5th book, because in the 4th book it seemed she's in for something horrible. D: And Bran. What happens to Bran after the 3rd book? /eagerface

I looked up that the first season has only 10 episodes and it will be over by the end of June. Which is kind-of good, because I don't like to follow series for a bajillion weeks, though it also means that this will be severely condensed.

Hooray, I found the Game of Thrones thread. biggrin.gif

I'm loving the series so much. And this year the next book comes out... things couldn't get more awesome!

Edited by tristera

Finally got to see the third episode last night.

Yay for the dude with the whip.

Edit: Okay, I admit this is a long shot (way, way, way long), but does anyone else get the feeling that Daenerys & Jon are going to end up together? I admit I've never read the books and I've only seen three episodes, but when I see their characters I think they would do well together.

Or am I just talking nonsense?

Edited by Fortune86

It is one ending to the series fan think will happen. But until GRRM finishes the series, no one can be certain! I do think it would be an ultimate team.