Angelina Gienah

Encyclopedia Progress Monitoring

Sorry if this has already been brought up; I didn't see it in the other encyclopedia threads that came up on the search.

I've just gotten into the encyclopedia recently, and I think it would be helpful if there were some way on the main encyclopedia page to distinguish whether all notes for that breed have been unlocked or not. Currently, the adult image is fogged on the main page until you've seen 15 adults or whatnot, but there's no way to tell from there whether or not you have all the information unlocked (at least... Not that I've seen) . It might be nice to have some sort of indicator of this, whether it being a change of when the image is "unfogged" or an icon next to it if the info is incomplete, or something like that.

I would like an easy way to know at a glance which dragons I still need to unlock observations for. It's a bit of a pain to have to click on every individual dragon to check, especially when a bunch still don't have any info even. Maybe just make a smaller green check mark or blue exclamation mark (similar to the big square notifications we have) that goes in the corner of the sprite? Sprites missing that symbol don't have extra info, sprites with a check mark have everything unlocked, and sprites with an exclamation mark still have unlockable information.

I'm not sure if that's possible, though, as I don't know if the images are referenced or if an overlay that goes in the corner of a sprite while not being on it are possible? Maybe if image on the encyclopedia's main page had a slightly larger canvas size (if that's possible to code without having to edit each individual sprite), then the mark could go in the corner? Or perhaps the symbol could be placed centered and under each sprite?

I would like an easy way to know at a glance which dragons I still need to unlock observations for. It's a bit of a pain to have to click on every individual dragon to check, especially when a bunch still don't have any info even. Maybe just make a smaller green check mark or blue exclamation mark (similar to the big square notifications we have) that goes in the corner of the sprite? Sprites missing that symbol don't have extra info, sprites with a check mark have everything unlocked, and sprites with an exclamation mark still have unlockable information.

I'm not sure if that's possible, though, as I don't know if the images are referenced or if an overlay that goes in the corner of a sprite while not being on it are possible? Maybe if image on the encyclopedia's main page had a slightly larger canvas size (if that's possible to code without having to edit each individual sprite), then the mark could go in the corner? Or perhaps the symbol could be placed centered and under each sprite?

I absolutely agree with this suggestion. And as for your doubts on if something is possible: it is possible to make images overlap and it is possible to enlarge images without editting the original sprite files. It's actually very easy to do with code, around like 3 or so lines total. And if the overlap isn't good enough, could always put the small mark next to the sprite but at the top corner (not overlapping, just next to it, it's even easier to do it this way).

Edit: I keep misspelling "absolutely" dry.gif

Edited by Articray

I absolutely love this idea! Please something to do it - like how Sockpuppet said - to indicate which need more information to unlock, which have all the info unlocked, and which (the default) are unlocked in image but don't have additional information to unlock.

And if TJ09 adds in new information to unlock on the old sprites, then this would be a handy way to instantly see which statuses have changed and then know you need to go out and do more searching and observing to unlock more.

Yes please ;w;

Also you know what I'd like to see? Separate counters. I'd like to know how many dragons of each breed I ACTUALLY own, and separately how many I need to unlock data in the encyclopedia itself (so still no players have unfair advantage over others, you see what I mean...?). It's all lies at the moment! d:

I'd love this too. I ended up having to make a spreadsheet of what I had done and needed to do because not knowing bothered me so much rolleyes.gif

Sapphira_Majoram is right about the Encyclopedia updates, I always wonder how I'll find out when new stuff is added.

Yes, i would love that. I once tried to go through all breeds and looking for which breeds i need to unlock more informations, but i gave up.

We do have over 100 breeds i think and an indicator would be very handy. But must it be an exclamation mark or a check mark? I would prefer when the image on the main page of the encyclopedia will be fogged when there is just a tiny little bit of information or an image missing.

If we have unlocked all that you can unlock for that breed so far that breed will be the sprite of the adult male (most of the time... unsure.gif ) in full size and all the beautiful colours.

And when The Bossman updated the encyclopedia the breed's image will simple be fogged again.^^

Edited by Tigerkralle

This would be so great! I'd also like a little thing that tells you whether there's another part to unlock. (Like, for example, I've unlocked the adult image for mints but not the eggs, so there would be a little symbol in the corner telling me that I still need to unlock part of it) This would be so useful, since i want to unlock the whole encyclopedia but don't know what I should still be looking for.

I'd love this too. I ended up having to make a spreadsheet of what I had done and needed to do because not knowing bothered me so much rolleyes.gif

Sapphira_Majoram is right about the Encyclopedia updates, I always wonder how I'll find out when new stuff is added.

lol me too

I SO agree with this. about 10000000000 percent.

I would also like an icon in the trophy area where I can click to go to the Encyclopedia.