LadyKitai

message system

Is there any chance of a messaging system being put in place?

I've got a trade offer I'd really like to accept but it will not let me because the other user apparently has too many eggs/hatchlings. sad.gif

In the mean time, can someone tell me the best place, here on the forums, to try and get the persons attention?

Edited by LadyKitai

Use the PM system here - or do they allow email ? If you can't find them, put a note in your sig.

Post in this thread and someone may be able to help:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=158260

That only works with forum members. I do believe guests (and users not logged in) cannot see signatures (plus users can turn off viewing sigs). And guests who aren't registered are probably not all that likely to be browsing that much of the forum, particularly if they're just here to browse trades.

~

Some kind of messaging system just for trading is something I could support. There's also this Notify Users They're Too Locked to Trade suggestion to add another option to select for trades to achieve the same thing this is getting at but without a messaging system.

Sure - I only posted as those ARE the only current options - and several times people who do know whose scroll belongs to whose name have chipped in in the random thread to post a pointer.

I'd support the suggestion of an automated "Notify Users They're Too Locked to Trade" thing - but I hate the idea of inter-scroll messaging, and I for one would turn it off if it were ever implemented.

That only works with forum members. I do believe guests (and users not logged in) cannot see signatures (plus users can turn off viewing sigs). And guests who aren't registered are probably not all that likely to be browsing that much of the forum, particularly if they're just here to browse trades.

~

Some kind of messaging system just for trading is something I could support. There's also this Notify Users They're Too Locked to Trade suggestion to add another option to select for trades to achieve the same thing this is getting at but without a messaging system.

It can also be difficult to track someone down as not everyone ::coughs:: has the same forum name as scroll name. Plus, people don't always have the time to play detective to that degree.

More than once I have been offered far more than I want/need on a trade & have tracked the person down to ask them to reduce their offer. I was fortunate that their scroll name/forum name was the same and that I had the time to do the digging - not everyone has that luxury.

Thus, I too would support a messaging system just for trading.

An in-game messaging system would be nice, but I imagine it would take awhile to code, and I would prefer that time and work go to other, more urgent suggestions.

So while I'd support it being added, I don't think it should be a priority.

There is the IIRC but not everyone uses that either...

An in-game messaging system would be nice, but I imagine it would take awhile to code, and I would prefer that time and work go to other, more urgent suggestions.

So while I'd support it being added, I don't think it should be a priority.

In game chat that's more linked to the DC forums is something I'd support. The IRC chat doesn't play nice with my dinosaur-laptop and shoddy connection.

Personally, I think this is way, waaaay overdue.

I think something that gives people a selection of set messages that should cover most things combined with simple customization is best, rather than adding the ability to chat in game.

Like if someone offers me a 2nd gen gold and a 3rd gen silver and I just want the gold, I could select a message like "I like your offer, but only want the ___. Could you offer again?" and then select the gold and the message would fill in "gold (code XXXXX)". (you could also select more than one thing)

I think something that gives people a selection of set messages that should cover most things combined with simple customization is best, rather than adding the ability to chat in game.

Like if someone offers me a 2nd gen gold and a 3rd gen silver and I just want the gold, I could select a message like "I like your offer, but only want the ___. Could you offer again?" and then select the gold and the message would fill in "gold (code XXXXX)". (you could also select more than one thing)

Something like this would be awesome to have. It would allow for discussing trades without the need for a forum account but still keeping the discussion regulated without the need for moderating.

I completely support Pokemonfan's idea. Something where you can select the preset message. No chat features please.

A messaging system (or most forms of social-media-type features) cannot be added to the site for policy reasons. Which means there's very little reason to keep a thread like this open.

Feel free to suggest alternative solutions to the originally-stated problem:

I've got a trade offer I'd really like to accept but it will not let me because the other user apparently has too many eggs/hatchlings.  sad.gif