MIGOR

New Trophies

I am sorry, I can not find similar thread, so I am starting new one.

We all have problems with room on scroll, so I suggest two new trophies meaning more eggs and hatchies before egg locked or scroll locked.

Diamond Trophy (2000 dragons needed): 8 eggs or 24 eggs and hatchies allowed per scroll

Black Trophy (5000 dragons needed): 9 eggs and 27 eggs and hatchies allowed per scroll.

Thank you and happy hunting.

I thoroughly support this. Whether it's the Platinum and then Diamond trophies, or Black and Diamond as you say. Just... more trophies, more eggslots, more total young dragons you can have, depending on how many adults you have. Please. D:

I'd kinda like the idea of the highest trophy level (which would be a new one, above 500), being a custom' trophy.

There could be a default - say, a 'black' trophy - as well as a couple of recolours, with the option to submit your own dragon trophy. There would be moderation, so you'd have to have the sprite you submit be reviewed by a mod (perhaps a new section of mods?) before it would be visible to the public; similar to how descriptions work.

I feel like I could flesh this out a bunch more; should I make a new thread?

Yep, there are several other ideas for Trophies out there, as well as one for a slot after you've been active a year.

I support it, cuz more slots = YAY

2,000 and 5,000 dragons works for me, but then I have a huge scroll and would start out at Black. Personally, I'd put:

2,000 dragons: "Platinum", 8 eggs and 24 growing things allowed per scroll

5,000 dragons: "Diamond", 9 eggs and 27 growing things allowed per scroll.

10,000 dragons: (Obsidian / Custom perhaps?), 10 eggs and 30 growing things allowed per scroll.

I'd also suggest one at 10k, because as someone who already has 8k dragons and have been gaining them at speeds of 2k / year + or so.... it won't be long before I'm there. Some are already there, I'm pretty sure, if I'm sitting on 8k dragons (ok when on earth did I hit 8k? I thought I was just hitting 7k....). And 10 / 30 is a nice, round number. If we get the time based egg, that puts us at 11 / 33, which are fun numbers too.

Cheers!

C4.

New Trophies is the previous thread on adding several more levels of trophies. Since it's pretty old and it's been a while since it was active, it has now been closed.

As a point of interest, more trophies were suggested in the Badge Suggestion Thread, which is where TJ stated that new trophies would not come with upped limits. However, that quote is from 2011, so he may be open to more discussion on this now.

As long as new level trophies are just pretty things to put on top of the scroll, I really don't care how many there are and what the requirements are. However, if they do affect the scroll, they should be relatively conservative in how many dragons are required to obtain them. Remember that there are multiple play styles, and some of them require very specific numbers of each dragon, no more and no less. Is it really fair to pressure someone whose play style causes them to have a scroll of roughly 2,000 dragons with the current number of dragons released to raise more so they can get a 5,000 trophy that gives them some special ability?

The current trophy levels, pretty much anyone can reach them with any kind of reasonable scroll goals. I'm not sure we should go above 2,000. (I'm using myself as a gauge, as I have a bit over 2,000, and have a scroll goal of 4 adults and 3 hatchlings per dragon. However, I have more of some breeds, an oversized BSA hoard, and a zombie making hoard. So someone with a more strict 4 adults and 3 hatchlings per dragon scroll would have somewhat less, and someone who doesn't freeze or collects fewer adults would have quite a bit less. However, new dragons are constantly being released, so 2,000 is still reasonable as an eventual goal.)

Not going over 2,000, that's still a trophy at 1,000 and a trophy at 2,000. Maybe we could eventually go higher when we have even more dragons released.

Yes, DC is a collecting game, but there are a lot of ways to play this collecting game that doesn't involve massive hoarding. Some people find large numbers of a single breed to be distasteful, and it can be very hard to navigate the huge scrolls that the hoarding styles amass. Let's not pressure people to raise more dragons than they want with trophies at high dragon numbers that give important rewards.

However, if it's just a pretty trophy to let people know you managed to reach 10,000 dragons, sure. That sounds pretty awesome, actually.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

TJ said that new trophies wouldn't come with increased limits? Huh. Well, maybe he's changed his mind by now?

I would of course love to see new trophies, being at 4k myself. But I also agree with Pokemonfan that the levels need to be set lower. The gold trophy is 500 dragons, so the logical next step would be 1,000 dragons, not 2,000.

Personally, I'd put:

2,000 dragons: "Platinum", 8 eggs and 24 growing things allowed per scroll

5,000 dragons: "Diamond", 9 eggs and 27 growing things allowed per scroll.

10,000 dragons: (Obsidian / Custom perhaps?), 10 eggs and 30 growing things allowed per scroll.

I would go absolutely crazy dragon hunting/hatching if this is how it happens.... I only just recently got to 1,000 myself but I will say the motivation for catching/hatching dragons had gone down for me. I know when I was silver my scroll was almost always locked because of the amount of hatchlings on it. The anticipation of having 7 eggs at once was almost too much! Now I mainly only catch new release and breed SA lineages. This would give me something new to do!

I'm well past 5000, and I wouldn't want to see a trophy for anything past 2000, because of varying play styles.

But I WISH we had 8 egg slots.

Having a very minimalistic gamestyle (I have 1182 Alive dragons atm - some are zombie fodders; I colllect only sets of 5 per breed/alt meaning my scroll should grow only with the number of released breeds(alts count separately) multiplied by 5 +Zombies and missing frozen Holidays, it would take years for my scroll to grow to 5000:P), I still support this, even with such high numbers.

Ofc alternative would be getting further Trophies for years of fairly active playing, but for rewarding this I think I'd rather see the Store and keep the Trophies quantity bound as they currently are? Unless this can't be a thing and we can only ever have the time-based 8th slot, then better this than nothing:)

Edited by VixenDra

So, since we're talking trophies - maybe add some other kinds of trophies for different accomplishments as well?

• Owning at least one of each (standard) dragon breed. Might give you one extra egg slot / 3 extra hatchling slots. Does not include holiday dragons, unbreedables and special breeding groups (drakes, 2-heads and pygmies). Does not include dragons you can only obtain through special means (vampire, zombie, neglected, GoN). New breeds will only count towards the total of dragons one month after their release.
  • Owning at least one of each pygmy breed. Might give you 1 pygmy-only egg slot plus 3 pygmy-only hatchling slots. (If that's not possible, delete this suggestion.) Pumpkins, for obvious reasons, don't count towards the total, as they're holiday dragons.
  • Same as above, only for drakes, two-headeds and CB unbreedables.
  • Owning a certain number of zombies. (Maybe bronze, silver and golden zombie trophy for 5, 20 and 50 zombies, respectively?) Could increase your number of kill slots by 5 for each trophy level.
  • Owning 100 vampire dragons. Might decrease your bite BSA cooldown by 10 days.
  • Owning 50/200/500 frozen hatchlings (bronze/silver/gold level). Might increase your freezing limit by +2 (or +5?) for each trophy level.

I'm not sure how well TJ will receive any upped egg/hatchling limits, but I think the ideas for zombies increasing your kill slots, vampires allowing you to bite more often and frozen hatchlings allowing you to freeze more hatchlings have some merit of their own. Because, let's face it, if you're into frozen hatchlings, you'll probably love an increase in your freezing limits, yet if you're not into freezing, you won't be bothered by not getting higher limits in that area. The same goes for creaging a zombie army and killing dragons, or a vampire army and biting. Although, if you're actually into vamps, you'll probably not feel the need for more bite attempts. Maybe you should get better odds of turning an egg instead of killing it in this case, I don't know.

I also thought about adding a trophy suggestion for neglecteds (like owning 1/10/100?) that will enhance your chances of creating them.

We also used to have an egg slot for self-bred eggs only, which would be another thing I'd love to get back, if only for holiday breeding seasons. tongue.gif

I personally wouldn't mind if all we got was one extra egg slot. It would mean 4 breeding pairs of each new Halloween dragon instead of 3 pairs plus a spare

I'd love the idea of having more egg slots. I wouldn't mind collecting more dragons for this, despite my dragon raising speed not being the fastest.

The thing is that TJ coded things so that the overall "growing things limit" is three times the egg limit for any given scroll. If we get an 8th egg slot, we'll automatically get 24 slots for growing things.

Olympe, I really like your side quest trophies and their prizes. And the fact that it's only one of each breed for the collection trophies means that people who don't collect X breed because they don't like it could stick one of them at the back of their scroll to meet the requirements.

The zombie numbers are reasonable. I believe we have 15 zombie types, so to reach 50 you would have to have between three and four of each type. That's an adult of each gender and two stages of frozen hatchlings, which is a relatively conservative collection for zombies. The people who, say, only want one adult and one of each stage of frozen hatchlings would still get the silver trophy and probably wouldn't care about the gold. If they did care, it wouldn't take too many extras to reach.

Even the frozen hatchling numbers don't require hoarding, just hatchling freezing in your collection plans. I freeze three hatchlings for each variety of each breed, and I have over 500.

The prizes being related to the type of collection also means that people who don't collect those much aren't going to be pushed to complete it. For example, I'm lacking for the CB unbreedables collection, since I don't have any of the non-dragon ones (chickens and dinos), but because I don't collect CB unbreedables, the unbreedable-only slot isn't a tempting prize. I might eventually grab one of each just for the trophy, but it would be a "meh" kind of goal, not a "must do!" kind goal.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

So, since we're talking trophies - maybe add some other kinds of trophies for different accomplishments as well?
  • Owning at least one of each (standard) dragon breed. Might give you one extra egg slot / 3 extra hatchling slots. Does not include holiday dragons, unbreedables and special breeding groups (drakes, 2-heads and pygmies). Does not include dragons you can only obtain through special means (vampire, zombie, neglected, GoN). New breeds will only count towards the total of dragons one month after their release.
  • Owning at least one of each pygmy breed. Might give you 1 pygmy-only egg slot plus 3 pygmy-only hatchling slots. (If that's not possible, delete this suggestion.) Pumpkins, for obvious reasons, don't count towards the total, as they're holiday dragons.
  • Owning a certain number of zombies. (Maybe bronze, silver and golden zombie trophy for 5, 20 and 50 zombies, respectively?) Could increase your number of kill slots by 5 for each trophy level.
  • Owning 50/200/500 frozen hatchlings (bronze/silver/gold level). Might increase your freezing limit by +2 (or +5?) for each trophy level.
I'm not sure how well TJ will receive any upped egg/hatchling limits, but I think the ideas for zombies increasing your kill slots, vampires allowing you to bite more often and frozen hatchlings allowing you to freeze more hatchlings have some merit of their own. Because, let's face it, if you're into frozen hatchlings, you'll probably love an increase in your freezing limits, yet if you're not into freezing, you won't be bothered by not getting higher limits in that area. The same goes for creaging a zombie army and killing dragons, or a vampire army and biting. Although, if you're actually into vamps, you'll probably not feel the need for more bite attempts. Maybe you should get better odds of turning an egg instead of killing it in this case, I don't know.

I also thought about adding a trophy suggestion for neglecteds (like owning 1/10/100?) that will enhance your chances of creating them.

We also used to have an egg slot for self-bred eggs only, which would be another thing I'd love to get back, if only for holiday breeding seasons. tongue.gif

Good ideas, I like the fact that the rewards are something that doesn't matter to someone who doesn't want to do that but useful to someone who does do that. smile.gif

The prizes being related to the type of collection also means that people who don't collect those much aren't going to be pushed to complete it. For example, I'm lacking for the CB unbreedables collection, since I don't have any of the non-dragon ones (chickens and dinos), but because I don't collect CB unbreedables, the unbreedable-only slot isn't a tempting prize. I might eventually grab one of each just for the trophy, but it would be a "meh" kind of goal, not a "must do!" kind goal.

That was exactly the idea behind it. I'd most assuredly get the trophies that add extra egg slots (save for unbreedables), even if it means that I'd still have to get at least one ultraviolet. However, I don't care about biting all that much, and I don't freeze or kill at all. (I used to have, uh, three zombies. Then we got Soulpeaces...) However, for those of you who want to play that way, these trophies and their benefits might turn out to be an asset - an asset people like me couldn't care less about. Which means that nobody needs to change their play style too much in order to gain a chosen benefit.

I support both additional trophies (the suggested ones sound like fun goals) and of course, additional egg slots. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd rather have an even number!

I really like this general idea. I do think it might do better in its own thread, though - I have a feeling it could easily get forgotten and buried in this one. jmho, though.

I really like these ideas, too! And also think htey'd do better in their own thread. Also, I think the "non-standard" breed slot should be for all non-standards, because there are (and will probably always be) so many fewer of those than there are of the others.

Cheers!

C4.

Okay, I'll create a new thread. smile.gif

I love this idea and I've wanted to see something like this for ages. Support so much!

How about a platinum trophy for 1,000, a diamond trophy for 2,000, and some other kind for 5,000?

Black just doesn't seem to be.... an ultimate there. If that makes sense? Especially not after diamond??? But that's just me.

OR

since this game keeps getting bigger as the years go by...

After the 1,000 platinum, we can switch to gem-color trophies?

Like Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, Diamond? Or something like that?

IDK let me know what you think? smile.gif