skwerl56767

Skwerl Scribbles

Hello, welcome to my very slow art thread. I haven't been posting a lot because priorities demand my creativity to be focused elsewhere, so most of my posts will be of requests and occasionally something related to DC or that I want to share. Other things that I draw I share on my portfolio. I'm also present on Art Fight, so every July there's a chance I'll suddenly upchuck a bunch of art.

NOTE: I am not officially taking any commissions because I cannot guarantee speedy drawing; and by "speedy" I mean within a year. I produce art in bursts that I can't predict the duration of, so make your requests anticipating that I may forget to do it or end up in a slump. You pay what you want if you still choose to commission!

Here's my skillset if you're interested in requesting something:

• Any living or magic creature, especially alien, insectoid, and monster ones
  • Body horror, religious designs such as demons, etc.
  • Semi-humanoid, humanoid, and anthropomorphic creatures (can't quite draw humans yet)
  • Plants
  • Experimenting with landscapes, ranging from natural to artificial to celestial
  • Armor and medieval weaponry, though I tend to improvise it a lot
  • Some forms of clothing, jewelry, chains, and other apparel
  • Maps that are useful for things like roleplays
  • Basic effects like glowing magic
  • Robotics (Follows the same human-versus-inhuman rules as other creatures I draw)
  • Sprites (Same thing)
  • My art style is semi-realistic and I aim for wallpaper-like quality, but by default I make simple shaded paintings. I can provide lineart or simple colors if you ask!
  • OVERVIEW: Angry art, lots of pointy bits, need more actiony poses!

Currently I am experimenting with drawing humans (or very human humanoids), canon characters/scenes/etc., and other, unmentioned things, so I won't be taking requests for anything like that. Not until I actually know what I'm doing. In terms of formatting I can take a regular image and crop it, resize it, fit it to a signature or avatar, things like that if you want. Just be sure to let me know!

Existing requests; these won't be done in any particular order:

• rampagingwyvern's two other OCs (PMs; waiting for references)
  • Circuit-tattoo kitty for Choppedmint
  • Hermit Crab for Asketil

Finally, if you really like your request you can try grabbing something for my DC wishlist; note that I will take any dragon! It can be a reject, misgender, bad lineage, inbred, doesn't matter! I'm just trying to flesh out my collection. I strongly prefer them as eggs, unless it's something like an alt, in which case hatchlings are also acceptable. I won't take frozen hatchlings until I start collecting them as well.

Edited by skwerl56767

-Requested Artwork Stash-

Here I've listed only the art I've done as requests, including the sprites done before the thread revamp. All of these images may be used on the DC forums in signatures, avatars, or posts. I only ask that you give credit when you use them off-site; links back aren't required!

I have done fanart of existing in-cave dragons, but if the original creators of those dragons do not desire the fanart, I can remove it from public use, no questions asked. This acts as a disclaimer to other users of this art that they may disappear, at any time, without warning, if I am prompted to remove the fanart by the original dragon's creator. Considering 90% of DC artists don't seem to care though, I'm sure you don't have to worry!

Final note: All art is listed in Newest-Oldest order.

Finished Standalones (basically colored sketches):

2017:

Scenes:

2017:

Egg Sprites:

2015:

user posted image

2/25/15 - Weird Orange Egg

user posted image

11/26/15 - Weird Green Egg

user posted image

7/25/15 - Tree Egg

user posted image

7/25/15 - Ghost Egg

user posted image

5/2/15 - Shiny Teal Egg 2_Smooth

user posted image

5/2/15 - Shiny Teal Egg 2

user posted image

4/13/15 - Wildfire Egg

user posted image

4/11/15 - Paint Splotch Egg

user posted image

4/11/15 - Magma Spot Egg

user posted image

4/11/15 - Spring Flowers Egg

user posted image

4/11/15 - Black Ice Egg

user posted image

4/11/15 - Ocean Night Egg

user posted image

2/13/15 - Shiny Teal Egg (Practice)

user posted image

2/7/15 - Blended Prism Egg

user posted image

2/7/15 - Glass Prism Egg

user posted image

2/7/15 - Geometrical Prism Egg

user posted image

2/7/15 - Geode Egg

Sprites:

2017:

user posted image

3/10/17 - Asketil's Hermit Crab

user posted image / user posted image

4/1/17 - Little Grave Dragon (5/8/17 - Animated version)

2016:

user posted image

1/2/16 - Grave Dragon Hatchling

user posted image

11/24/16 - Emerald Starwing

user posted image

11/10/16 - Green Dragon Headshot

user posted image

4/23/16 - Skwerl Hugs An Egg

2015:

user posted image

9/12/15 - A slice of cake. Have some cake!

10/1/15 - It's A Fog!

Oily Eggs.

3/11/15 - Turpentine

-[2015] Alexander_Drake's Chubby Army-

Edited by skwerl56767

Woo! Now I can stalk your sprites/art in even more locales!

would I be able to request an art? ouo

We are all stalkers at heart. c:

Ummm... not sure when I'll be opening requests, but now that I think of it, I can definitely do something more sprite-related. So technically yes? xd.png I'll change the OP now so sprite-requests are welcome, but I'm still criticizing myself a lot on sketches, so probably not anything in that department.

yaaaaaas now I can stalk your art (as well) all in one place xd.png

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Hmm, if you're iffy on requests, how about a pseudo-collab? It would be neat to see that rabbit-spider-demon-idk thing I'm drawing for your request as a sprite. Only if you'd want to, though. :3

Sure, I can do that! I'm eager to see what becomes of my spider/rabbit demon thing. xd.png

Also, I finally finished an old private request of Alexander_Drake's:

user posted image

Heh, yeah. Poor Esko. Good thing I have a more serious request lined up for him(which I can't perfect. DX Someone help, I can't consistent! Which one's better?(It's a sprite request, if I remember correctly.))

Esko

Esko2

Esko3

EskoTest

(Drags Alex to the thread.) Come claim your sprite, you! xd.png

If you're going to sprite it, then I'd say the first sketch. Nice and dynamic, but not as small as the second one (which would be nice as a larger sprite, say, 200x150)

Yes, I put them in here. biggrin.gif So maybe I'll do sprite lines of both the first and third sketches, see which one Esko prefers.

Also, drew a picture of one of my characters.

Link.

Partly worried that the background makes it too dark to make him out... and partly regretting that my pictures are so big, I have to make them links. xd.png

Edited by skwerl56767

omg your sprites are so nice oh my goodness <33 the colours are amaze hhh

i feel omg the picture size struggle

Yes, I put them in here. biggrin.gif So maybe I'll do sprite lines of both the first and third sketches, see which one Esko prefers.

Also, drew a picture of one of my characters. Partly worried that the background makes it too dark to make him out... and partly regretting that my pictures are so big, I have to make them links. xd.png

Let me take a few guesses

Shadow

Netekos

That other guy

And I dare you to draw my Eskirurius bae, both forms o3o

Edited because my phone thinks 'bae' is 'bad'

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

(Drags Alex to the thread.) Come claim your sprite, you! xd.png

*Gets pulled in by my ear* owowowowow! Okay, I'm here! What exactly do you want me to do, put it in my signature?

Also, I'm glad you put the other sprites in the OP, I actually managed to lose the URLs...

xd.png No worries. And yes, put it in your signature!! It belongs there; it misses you.

HMMM I might be able to draw Eskirurius... I can definitely sprite him, if someone else beats me to it. And you were right on the second guess, it's Netekos. xd.png(Wait, which other guy? There was another guy?)

Yes, the picture size struggle... why no /resize?! DX But eh, I'll make do with links. Thankfully, sprites are small, so no problems there. Hm, speaking of which, I think I've decided to sprite the "Esko" sketch. "Esko3" is pretty nice, but it isn't as dynamic.

Edited by skwerl56767

(Hugs Pi). I'm so glad you spoke up. Now I know kittycosmonaut's secret! xd.png I'll try to use that "l" religiously now, so simply clicking the resized picture should give you the true image.

Dang. I wish I knew that imgur offers auto-resize. DX ooh well, I'll still be doing my "preview" images just to keep up tradition.

So I don't see a Voidblade drawing anywhere... I want to. Can you please draw Voidblade?

Some traditions are best kept. c:

I might be able to do a full-body sketch(or scene) of Blade, but it might take me a while to get all of my proportions right. I did stick the profile I did of her in the reserved post(it's way at the bottom, since it's older), so there's at least that for reference.

Are you accepting requests? I absolutely adore your style. smile.gif

I'd really like a sprite which contains a heartstealer, a GoN and a fog. (in reference of that glitch when they bred fogs. tongue.gif)

(in reference of that glitch when they bred fogs. tongue.gif)

blink.gif What? By 'fogs' do you mean a type of dragon, or a fogged egg (hidden from viewing)?