Moonbeam22

Any Guitar Players Out There?

So... how many DCers play guitar out there? Bass or ukulele players? Prefer electric or acoustic? Type of guitar owned?

Just curious. I have a Yamaha FG700s acoustic guitar and I love it to pieces.

Edited by Moonbeam22

I'm not going to say I'm terrific at guitar, cuz I'm not. But yes, I do consider myself to play guitar. I started last year, I guess. Never went for any classes so progress has been a bit slow but yeah, it's worth it biggrin.gif I'm not terrible either, I can play some decent music but it's just not enough. When I first got my guitar I went out and tried to learn every Hole song that existed. I'm still on it (With some Babes in Toyland, Sonic Youth and Smashing Pumpkins) and when I finish I'll move on to something else. I've made a few songs, but mehh.

I currently have some cheap 'Hoffner' guitar. (No, not the real brand - some cheap ripoff over here - like 50 dollars or something). I'm planning on getting myself an electric guitar this summer. (I'm dying for a fender vista venus/squier venus but that's not possible so..) I usually play heavy loud guitar and acoustic just makes it sound weird. Much more in touch, but weird. TBH, if I did get an electric..at the end of the day, I'd prefer an acoustic.

Yamaha FG700S? WOW. You are so lucky ohmy.gif

-goes to weep in corner with wannabe 'Hoffner' guitar-

I started trying to teach myself how to play guitar a few months ago with one of those cheap, small guitars that I got when I was six. I learned all of the major chords, then I then I got frustrated because I couldn't switch chords fast, and I forgot about it until two days ago. Then, yesterday I had the strings switched around to be a left-handed guitar, and now I can play the chords to Eyes Open by Taylor Swift fast enough (barely lol). I don't know how to strum properly and I lost my pick so it's kinda hard. I don't have a capo either, but I might get a real guitar for my birthday in a few months if I keep playing...

I'm not amazing but I play, I've got an old arias acoustic and an Epiphone Les Paul Special Edition II electric. I'm more of a singer but I do enjoy playing some guitar. I was taking lessons but it kinda entailed me and my instructor bull****pin around. I wanna get more into it but I'm not the most motivated of people in the world.

I'm not great, I just joined the school's course this year and only know a couple chords, but I own two acoustic steel-string guitars. My main one (Epiphone) is named Jake. The other one (Epi) is named Elwood. Don't question it.

I've played the guitar for 40 years -- seriously. I'm entirely self-taught, so I'm not fantastic at it, but I'm happy. I never wanted to be a professional musician. I mostly play to accompany myself singing folk songs.

I have two nice acoustic guitars and a lovely classical guitar - a La Patrie Etude.

Edited by Jennie

ive just started playing the guitar,i got it as a gift over a year ago.It is a classical guitar.its a yamaha c40.i love it!

i can play classic songs such as the godfather by nino rota(i can play the whole song from heart(learned it from a tab)) and fur elise(with enough practice)obviously i have messed around with different tabs from my favorite songs such as the theme of super mario and the theme of harry potter.

i am able to play songs where you play one string at a time but when it comes to chord i have difficulty

i mean,i know where to put my fingers for the chords but i have a bit of difficulty when it comes to strumming chords,i also am not very fast at changing chords but ill get there.i practice a few hours every day.

as far as chorded songs go,im trying to learn wonderwall but maybe i should choose a song that doesnt need a capo.

I play acoustic rhythm guitar, and own a Fender CD-60CE All Mahogany. I play basic chords, and us a capo (even if it is a crutch. . . :P) I struggle with B chords, and all of the fancy sevens/suspendeds/anything that's not basic. And I definitely can't play melodies, and pretty much only stick to chords. I also struggle with my right hand, and can't do much besides the standard alternating-type pattern. XD

I'll have played for about a year come Christmas, though I don't practice (like at all.)

My main instrument is the mandolin, and I like to sing. c:

Edited by Woken

I play bass guitar, mostly. I play a Schecter Omen-4 Bass, in black. I got it quite recently after selling my old bass, which was one I picked up second hand years ago, and just wasn't as good, it was like a cheap starter one.

I also actually own a custom made bass, modeled of of Marceline's Axe Bass from Adventure Time, it's playable, but the sound isn't the greatest, but as a cool thing to own, and to display in my home, it's freaking awesome happy.gif

I also actually own a custom made bass, modeled of of Marceline's Axe Bass from Adventure Time, it's playable, but the sound isn't the greatest, but as a cool thing to own, and to display in my home, it's freaking awesome happy.gif

That sounds awesome!

i play bass my dudes

i have a silver fender jaguar bass and i love it omg

it has my most special stickers on it and i just

i can sort of play along to the world is ugly, do the beginning part to give em hell kid, and can play along to seven nation army! how about that

I prefer classical guitar and I'm in the classical guitar ensemble for my fine arts credit even though I'm an earth science major lol.

I have 4 guitars at the moment, Tomi (my classical), Olli (my electric), Vali (my steel string), and my brother's old craptastic $60 walmart guitar.

My classical is an old Chateau rosewood guitar and I love it

I do! 

I  still have my acoustic guitar , it was  a gift. And that electric guitar that I bought two years after getting that acoustic. 

I've been playing classical guitar for the last 6 years.(I think)  My guitar's name is Victoria, but I call her Vicky.  I've also been thinking about getting an electric, but I'm having trouble finding one I like.  

I play guitar since I was 12 which makes it more than 28 years by now and makes me look very old. 

I started acoustic of course and still love my old Washburn guitar that my parents gave to me when I graduated from School.

However I do prefer electric over acoustic for quite a few years now. I own a Fender Strat, a Fender Tele and a Duesenberg. The Tele is the one I grab most often, though.

For a couple of years by now I also play the Ukulele. Eddie Vedders Ukulele songs made me pick up one. I do have a Soprano, a Concert and a Tenor, the Tenor is my favorite though. My hands aren‘t even that big but I find the others really hard to play because they are so small. Maybe because I am used more to the guitar.

I love making Music. The best way to relax or to let out any aggression that may have acumulated because too many stupid people crossed my way that day. Love it. 

I'm not good at it at all, but I've played guitar for over ten years now. The guitar I play most often is a Gretsch Electromatic, but I also have an acoustic Ibanez that I play every once and a while too. And I still have my old Squier from when I was like 15, but I don't play it and it really just sits in a corner of my room.

I'm reluctant to say that I can actually play ukulele, but I did get a ukulele for my birthday last year, and I can use it to make sounds that vaguely resemble music?