Polar

Extraterrestrial

Basically, there's an alien civilization the next galaxy over from ours. It is inhabited by aliens that look completely human in every way but one - their skin is a greenish color that gave the alien lore on earth their starting point. This civilization spans over three planets (whose names aren't really important right now) and despite the massive population only a fourth is made up of women. Which leads some of the men to search for a lifelong partner elsewhere: Earth. Because of this new practice it's not frowned upon to mary a human girl - most of the civilization is impressed that the girl married the guy in the first place.Basically, the plot would be the alien prince visited Earth in his sweet spaceship and met a girl who he falls in love, while, ya know, avoiding detection by the government and the girl's parents.

Aaannnddd forms....

[B]User:[/B]
[B]Name:[/B]
[B]Age:[/B]
[B]Personality:[/B]
[B]History:[/B]
[B]Appearance:[/B]
[B]Other:[/B]

Characters

User: Polar

Name: Prince Zahar Juress (Zay-har Ger-ess)

Personality: Friendly, loyal, tends to be a bit distant from people due to his status as prince. He's clever and cheerful, hiding his depression deep under jokes and cheery smiles. Rest to be RP'd.

History: Zahar grew up in a life of luxury - he lived in a palace with everything he could ever want and more. But the only thing he ever wanted was a true father - not one that would fly off the handle for amy little thing. His mother died shortly after childbirth due to complications and his father blamed Zahar, so while they seem close to everyone else their relationship is built on fear. He was trained to fight and defend himself from a young age, so he is fit and well muscled from years of training. His back is patterned with scars given to him by his father - scars that no one other than his father and best friend have seen and know about.

Appearance: Zahar has messy hair that is black at the roots and fades to silver at the tips, a trait he gained from his mother. His eyes are violet, a perfect image of his father's eyes. His skin is a murky green. He usually wears light armor silver and blue with a shimmering silver cape that marks his status as prince.

Other: All of his race have varied mental abilities - Zahar's is telekinesis.

User: Polar

Name: Olivia (Liv) Henderson

Personality: Friendly, sarcastic, and a bit of a social recluse. She prefers watching Netflix and eating gummy worms all day to hanging out with her peers, something her three older brothers don't understand. She is bored with life in general and longs for adventure.

History: Liv grew up in a relatively normal home, with three extremely protective older brothers, and good parents who don't seem to mind her inverted characteristics. She graduated high school a year early and is taking a year off before going to college. She will often go out on walks with her dog Malachi as her solitary companion or hang out with her older brothers most of the day. Her brothers taught her how to fight to defend herself and she knows how to handle a gun and a knife, and is no stranger to hunting, which is one of her favorite pastimes.

Appearance: Liv has wavy black hair that falls a little past her shoulderblades and silver-grey eyes that she inherited from her grandmother. She is petite, only about 5'2", and usually wears a tee shirt and jeans, along with black converses and the occasional baseball cap.

Other: Malachi is a German Shorthaired Pointer.

~ ~ ~

User: Aroara

Name: Rosemary Baker

Personality: Sweet, tender and kind. She's soft spoken and sees the good in everyone. Graceful and optimistic. Laughs at every the worst jokes and puns. She isn't always cheery though. Around her birthday she cries in her room from remembering what her mother did. She's a animal rights activist, and a pacifist by nature. She bakes and cooks when she's anxious/upset and washes dishes by hand when angry (a really rare occurrence for her)

History: Her mother was a alcoholic, although it seemed she was on the right track for a while, until Rose's sixth birthday. Her father was away from home for a while, him being sent to the Military base far away. He usually works from home, but sometimes they need him in meetings and those can last for weeks. When rose turned six, she got back from girl scouts early to walk in finding her mother drunk and near naked with another man. In a fit of rage, the woman broke a beer bottle over Rose's head. The glass made a scar on her forehead, above her right eyebrow and across the bridge of her nose.

Now she's older, her father is retired from the military, but is sick with a rare form of cancer, and the treatments are expensive even on a retired military payroll. She works at the junkyard sorting through scrap and spare parts for the mechanic shop. They moved away from her mother and she hasn't seen her since then.

Appearance: Rosemary she's 5'4" tall with clear blue eye like the waters of Hawaii, hair a mix of gold and strawberry blonde a cross from her mother and father's, fair skin with a few freckles on her sholders

Other: she knows how to fix machines from cars to tanks to jet planes and ships, her father is/was a designer of these things. She knows how to fight but doesn't like to do so.

]User:[/b] Aroara

Name::Mäklär Ver' Kütêv ( said like Mack-kill-are Veerr K-ow-t-Ea-v-e) Maklar is fine

Personality: Strong and stoic. very blunt and doesn't joke much.Fearless, restless, intimidating, ferociously protective, great leader. Secretly adventurous, gentle and thoughtful. He manages his emotional state, but if irritated enough.... He gets hot headed and beastly.... literally. Normally he seeks peace instead of confrontation.

History: He is a close friend to the Prince, his father a captain of the guard, his mother from a Dragon race who can use magic to become humanoid. He has this magical ability from his mother, and his skin is tinted more red then green, because his mother's blood is strong. six elder brothers, and two sisters above him and one sister below, but a leader nonetheless. He is the red Dragün, or better known as Gold Flame, for his fire rivals the purest golden metal in the universe and hotter then both suns combined. He has a thick deep velvety voice.

Appearance: Maklar and his Dragon shape Big, burly more like a walking mountain then a man, 6'4". His hair eyes and skin are his mother's attributes, the looks in general are from his father. His Dragon shape is still a child, but it's as long as a school bus and about the same size of a small truck.

Other: because of his bloodline, he uses magic instead of mind power but it's very limited as a two legged person. He can only make small balls of flame to fit in his hands in this shape, where as a Dragon, he can resist flames and breathe fire.

Yay! Now we can start whenever. Let me know if you think of any planet names or if I've missed anything, Aroara.

People are free to stalk, but please don't post as this is a 1x1.

Random Info For Future Reference:

Rasabol is about two times as large as Earth, while our second planet, Farice (fair-is), is roughly the same size as Earth. Rasabol is largely a business planet, while Farice is the farm planet. Our third, Instrus (In-strus) which is a little smaller than Earth, deals largely with the making of ships and such - lots of factories.

Liv's older brother's names are Jackson (25), Jason (23), and Jared (21).

Maklar's sibling info:

Storm - huge blue and black wyvern, has blue and black hair

Typhoon - grey and white dragon that looks a bit like a shark with wings

More stuff to be added later, if needed. This is mainly for my reference, haha. I'm tired of searching through my posts for the planet names, lol xd.png

Edited by Polar

Basil, Artemisia, ginger, Galangal, Hyssop, jiaogulan, juniper and Jasmine, Saffron, Sage, Tarragon, Rue and then lastly Za'atar.

Rosemary was grateful for the clouds over head as she worked on getting the gas tank and tail fender for a Indian bike she found under some scrap. It was summer in El drado country, California, and the heat was just barely tolerable with the cloud cover. It allowed her to work without worrying about burning her hands on the scrap metal she handled-even through the gloves she wore. She worked diligently trying to not lose bolts, screws or damage the pieces.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((I'm going to change his age, he should probably be older anyway. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll change it in a little bit.))

The twin suns of Zahar's home planet, Rasabol (Ras-a-bull) peaked over the horizon, the larger red and smaller yellow filling the bright blue sky with light as they rose. The clashing of metal against metal rang clear in the air, the lithe forms of two figures fighting casting shadows against the pavilion in the warm morning light. One was obviously older, with a streaming silver cape billowing behind his movements. His younger opponent was obviously struggling against him, and it was only minutes later when he was disarmed and a blade pressed against his neck. "Continue practicing, cousin! You're getting better." Prince Zahar said, sounding slightly out of breath as he put his sword back in its scabbard. "You will soon be as skilled as I."

"I hope so!" The youth said brightly, his black-silver hair matching the prince's and showing the obvious relation between the two. "I must go now: Mother wanted me home in time for breakfast."

"Alright, kiddo." Zahar laughed, ruffling his cousin's hair. "Run off before my aunt breaks both our necks - Noblemen or not!" Grinning, the boy ran off towards his home. Shaking his head, the prince made his way to the dining hall for a quick breakfast before his father woke and decided to lecture him about his many 'faults'. Rolling his eyes, Zahar grabbed an apple and a warm biscuit from the kitchen before heading towards the hangar where his new SpaceHopper sat waiting to be ridden.

"Going to test out your new ride, my lord?" One of the guards asked jokingly with a friendly smile. Zahar was well liked by all in the kingdom, and unlike his father's brash disposition he was friendly and calm under pressure.

"Sure am!" He responded with a grin. "See you." The guard nodded as the prince passed. He boarded his ship, a hovercraft with newly mastered bigger-on-the-inside technology that was able to hold a crew of eight. Strapping himself in, he brushed his green-tinged fingers acrossed the hoverscreen to set his destination. "Earth, North America, United States... California. It wants exact? Wow, fancy. Umm... El Drado County sounds fun." He muttered to himself before accepting his choice, causing the engines to start with a quiet hum. Leaning back his seat, he watched the space jolt by as the ship traveled on light rays towards Earth.

Half an hour later, his craft landed with only the slightest of jolts. He shielded the craft from sight, stepping out and curling his lip up in slight distaste as he saw a scrap yard. "Oh." Zahar said sarcastically to himself. "How wonderful."

Rosemary did a little happy dance when she got both parts off with little resistance and found only a small amount of rust that could be sand blasted and buffed out. Setting the parts carefully in a old heavy duty wagon, she pulled it to her own special projects.

A bunch of 1929 Model A Ford pickups where lined up under a large tent like structure. Her father's great grandfather bought theirs right off the showroom floor, and it was passed down from father to son until Rose came along. Her dad was trying to get it fixed up and running for her when she graduated from high school, but his cancer got to him. He had to remain in the hospital. So, she was trying to finish it for her Pa, and take him for a drive because he never ridden in one, the darn heirloom was broken when it got to her Pa.

The tarp was in the wide east end of the scrap yard, so she whistled a tune as she headed over in that direction.

Sighing, Zahar decided it wouldn't hurt to investigate a little more - perhaps there was someone around. He trudged the short walk to the scrap yard, his cape rustling slightly in the breeze. Despite the boiling temperature he seemed almost untouched, though the reason was his armor was made of a natural material that adjusted itself to the weather, getting cooler the warmer it became and warmer the cooler it became. His sword, which shone oddly in the bright sun, hit his thigh occasionally and despite the seeminly deserted appearance of the scrap yard his left hand was curled around his ray gun that hung on his other side. As he slipped past some of the junk, his sharp violet eyes spotted a girl close to his age pulling a heavy looking wagon towards... something. He quickly ducked behind the large remnant of a car, careful not to be spotted, before glancing to see where she could be going. A wide tarp was spread behind him to his left - he was honestly surprised he hadn’t paid more attention to it before.

Zahar was torn - with the direction the girl was going, she would surely see him, but... he was curious. He had never been permitted to converse with humans until only a short while ago when his father decided it would be good for him to find a wife. So he had two options - make himself known now, and see if she would run screaming in the other direction, or just sit it out and wait for her to spot him and probably be scared half to death. And as funny as the latter seemed, Zahar wasn't that mean and decided he didn't really have anything to lose anyway. Unfolding his long legs from under him, the tall prince rose cautiously as to not startle the girl. "Excuse me!" He said cheerfully, "Yes, hello, terribly sorry to bother you but I am curious as to what you're doing." His violet eyes widened slightly with a sudden thought. "Please don't run, I have no intention to harm you!"

Edited by polaristar

Rose stopped when someone walked out from behind the hippie van. She blinked and tilted her head at his last request before she burst out laughing. She had on dark blue grease stained coveralls and a white t-shirt spattered with paint, oil, grease and some wax stains too. Her hair pulled back in a tight high ponytail, and a green baseball cap on that said Army 1775 on it.

"Why would I run? Are you lost stranger? As for what I'm doing, I'm going over there behind you. I need some things from those trucks. If you want to talk I can use a pair of extra hands. I don't want to get caught in the afternoon sun when it finally breaks through through those clouds." She stayed and continued to walk towards him and then by him, her darkly tinted polarized sunglasses made him look like any other man to her.

Zahar blinked, slightly taken aback by her laughter before raising a solitary eyebrow. "Right..." He drawled out, giving her an odd look. "Not lost per se, more like... not from around here." He smirked at his own joke before nodding shortly. "Alright, I'd be willing to lend a hand. Got nothing better to do ayway." 'Other than rule a race.' He thought to himself, though did not voice his thoughts. "You're from around here then?" He asked, cape brushing the ground as he stepped out completely. His only oddity (other than his skin color, of couse) was his clothes, which couldn’t be as easily explained considering the blistering heat. He ran his fingers through his spiky, silver hair which seemed to almost defied gravity as his mouth formed an almost grim line. The longer he stayed here, the longer he could avoid his father - which for him, was practically heaven, even in temperatures hot enough to boil an egg on the pavement.

Rosemary giggled again at his joke as she approached a truck in fairly good condition. She lifted out a blue tool box from the wagon and opened it before popping the hood. "Aw, nuts. The belt's shredded. Good! Glad you can help me, otherwise I would've told you to get lost then, although....you already are." She laughed gleefully. "Actually I wouldn't really do that. I would've just invited you to sit and talk. It's nice to have company out here."

She grabbed out a tool and reached her slender hands inside the hood, having to kneel on the bumper to get to a part. "I am from around these parts." Sinker. "Get it? Parts?" Giggle. "I live around here if that's what you're asking me. Now I'm curious, is there something going on? A convention or a play, a LARP maybe? Is that why you're dressed like that in this heat? If so, can I go too? I have my own suit at home, made it myself! It looks like Dragon scales in silver. I have a picture, just a sec..." she pulled out her cellphone and tapped on the screen a few times before showing her arm armor then flicked the screen so he could see the rest of the armor. "I have more, some showy some really pretty like this one." She flipped the screen again. Another armor piece popped up and she flushed taking the phone. "Ahhh, enough with that. D-do you have any good stories?"

((His armor is similar to Thor's in the original movie (just colored differently), though I prefer Loki's, myself tongue.gif ))

Zahar hummed in agreement at her statement, his eyes flicking around the surrounding area and his lips turning up into a slight smile. "Yes, I can't imagine you'd have much company out here." He rolled his eyes at her slightly lame joke, though a chuckle of slight amusement escaped him. This sort of speak was a welcome change from the constant respect he received for his status as prince. "A convention?" He blinked, his mind racing for the correct definition of the word - humans could be odd in their word usage sometimes, but the right definition clicked into place and his eyes filled with something akin to realization. "A convention? Ah, Uhm..." He floundered slightly uncertainly before deciding on the vaguest lie he could. "Well I'm preparing for one that's... later. In the future." Zahar sounded almost awkward, though her attention was diverted when she started showing her pictures on her phone. Earth's technology was very... primitive compared to his kind's, though he was sure there were other species out there that thought the same of his. "The armor is good. It's similar to what the castle's female guard wears." He blurted this out before he thought to stop himself, inwardly facepalming at his own stupidity. He was supposed to be better than this! Though she seemed distracted by a sort of bra... armor... thing? Humans were odd - women would be ashamed to show that much skin to anyone apart from their husbands in his culture. "Good stories? Well, yes. There was the time when I first started training with my... swor- fencing instructor, and apparently I was a bit too cocky for his liking so first chance he could he knocked me on my butt. We're good friends now, of course, but for the first few months I couldn't stand him." Zahar chuckled. "My cousin, who was my age at the time, didn't believe me when I told him my trainer was most certainly some sort of evil being in disguise - for obvious reasons, though I was convinced he wanted to kill me." He laughed, pointedly leaving out the part where his instructor saved his life from a rebel and started their nearly lifelong friendship. "I'm Zahar, by the way." After a moment, he added to his previous statement. "It's a family name... from my grandfather's side." He nodded to himself. Good enough lie, it seemed. Hopefully enough to convince his newfound friend - if they were even at that point yet.

((Definitely))

"Castle? Guards? Man... you're really not from around here then. Visiting from another country? Are you a duke or nobleman of some kind? Kinda surprised I'd find one out here in Nowhere land for a low rate convention at the arena. Even if it's months away. "

She pulled out a bit of the engine and set it in the wagon before taking off her sunglasses and crawling under the truck. "And one who doesn't mind getting his hands filthy is fine by me. I have one. A girl at a Gamers convention in LA had the same bag as me, and standing next to each other in line, we set our bags down and chatted with each other for a while before we were able to get inside. She accidentally picked up mine, with the gold and green armor you saw inside it, and I got hers, that had the um.. last one. Thankfully we were the same size as each other, but I had to walk around in her costume to find her and switch. I hated that thing, it's embarrassing, but we become really close friends and we laugh about it now. I make her some jewelry to go with her outfits, being a medal worker, and she's a fashion designer so she makes me outfits. We go together every year afterwards although she set a password on my phone so I can't delete that picture. "

She was silent for a moment then "Ow! Dang fart, old bit of junk, worthless rusty... gettoff!" A clang and a rattle, then something fell out of the chassis. Rose had rolled over before crawling out. Her hand was cut on the side and bleeding. "Ah..... " She bit her lip as she tried to stretch out her palm. "Well... Zahar... right? First aid kit, front of the wagon, grey tin." She looked a little green herself looking away from her bleeding hand. "Please be quick! I can't stand the sight of blood!"

((We should make another character - me with a human and you with one similar to Zahar... that would be fun. His best friend, perhaps? It's up to you though.))

"Yeah, you could say that. My home is very far away. I'm a prince, actually - the sole heir to the throne - but please, continue treating me like a normal person. It's really very refreshing, I must say." Zahar said with a friendly smile. "And I'm not staying long I had to... erm... pick up my costume from a designer here. I'll be leaving shortly, but I figured I'd have a little fun with it before I left." Her story had him laughing, a grin on his face as he listened to her story while she worked. "That explains a lot then. I understand, there was the time I accidentally grabbed my best friend's clothes thinking they were my own - it wasn't until I got into the throne room for a hearing that I realized I was in noblemen's clothes - not the clothes a prince should be wearing." His smile faltered slightly. "My father was furious, understandably. I was stuck training new guards for a month. It was fun to intimidate them, however."

He jumped slightly at her exclamations of pain, followed by clanging and the girl rolling out from under the car, clutching her hand and looking slightly green. He crouched beside her taking her wrist with one hand and squeezing it to slow blood-flow, and violet eyes spotting the first aid kit, stuck out his hand, grabbing it with his mind and pulling it towards him. The box collided with his hand and slim fingers closed around the handle, his hand quickly opening it and pulling out a chemical compound he easily recognized - hydrogen peroxide, used to disinfect wounds among other things. He poured a generous quantity on her wound, his steady grip on her wrist keeping it steady. It didn't really bother him that he had revealed himself - if she told anyone, they would think she was crazy anyways. He dried it off quickly and wrapped it tightly with gauze before taping it to keep it in place. He had been taught first aid in school - it had come easily to him. "You probably have many questions." He said casually, nodding towards the kit. "About that. And I totally understand. Ask away. Or run in the other direction screaming." He shrugged, releasing her wrist from his grasp and returning the contents of the kit before snapping it shut and hopping to his feet. "So if you're not going to run - which would be greatly appreciated by the way," (there was sarcasm in his tone with that comment) "then I'd be perfectly happy to answer your questions."

Rose saw the shadow of the kit with nothing holding it before she closed her eyes again thinking she was hallucinating. Then came the disinfectant. "AAAAIEE!" She screeched, instinctively trying to yank her hand back from the pain. When this failed she held still and breathed deeply trying not to cry. She looked up as he was wrapping and taping the wound. She blinked once, twice, and a hard third time. His hands where green.

Looking further up, she saw his entire skin was green, something she missed with the sunglasses. She remained silent, pulling her hand to her body and watched as he got up and offered to answer any questions she had. When she finally opened her mouth after a minute, "Your eyes are pretty." Then the situation clicked. She jumped up and took a step back. "So... I'm assuming you're a Prince... but not from here, and here meaning this planet? And what was that.. floating thing... you did? Why exactly did you come here? And... are.. you...going to come back?" She blushed and looked at her hand. "I don't have much time between working and taking care of my dad to talk to people or visit with friends. I know how everything is here... don't want MIB coming here and taking you away.... your people would miss you if that happened... but I have a bunker you can stay in if you like. It's a little walk away from my house, but it's a perfect hideaway....well, if your not afraid of going underground or claustrophobic."

((Hydrogen Peroxide doesn't hurt wounds - I'd know from experience - but alcohol does. Fun fact: hydrogen peroxide actually dissolves blood. It's pretty neat. Thoughts on an additional character each?))

Zahar blinked. He was a green alien - to her at least - who had just use telekinesis to make an object literally fly through the air and yet all she could think to say was that his eyes were pretty. He smiled at her. "Thanks. They're from my father's side - got my hair color from my mother." She jumped and took a step back, seemingly realizing she was standing next to someone who was from a completely different planet. He couldn't help the hurt that flashed in his eyes but he covered it quickly. "Not from here, yes." Zahar agreeed with a nod. "Metaphorical solar neighbor - I live in the next galaxy over. Our race spans over three planets, my home planet being Rasabol, though being prince I have often traveled to the other two as well." He told her, clasping his hands behind his back. "The floating thing, as you so tactfully called it, is telekinesis. I can move things with my mind, if that clears things up for you. My people have a variety of different mental powers - mine is one of the more common, but not weak, abilities, and one that I'm quite proud of." His shoulders bobbed up and down in a shrugging movement. "I came here because I was bored. And I had a new ship to test out. But before you ask, no, I am not going to abduct you. No idea where those rumors came from, perhaps another race we haven't met." He hummed slightly, his lips lifting at her question. "I'll be back, sure. Can't make promises as to when, considering I'm usually quite busy, but yeah, I'll be back."

His shoulders shook with silent laughter at her concern that the petty human government would come haul him away. "Ha! Like your suits could ever get their hands on me. I've had more elite training over my lifetime then they will ever have over the entire course of their career. My ship is a short while away, but if you're that concerned about me being spotted in the metaphorical middle of nowhere, then lead the way." He smirked, violet eyes twinkling. "Unless you'd rather see my ship instead."

(I know, she's just a baby and thinks it's painful. Liquid over wounds reminds her of that day..))

Her eyes shone with child like curiosity and excitement. "You would let me see your ship?" She then smirked and flicked his nose (the closest thing she can reach). "MIB is Men in Black. You really don't know about earth don't you Mr. I'm-such-a-tough-prince. First thing, it's a movie, it doesn't exist. And secondly, if they did, their job is to hide aliens and keep people like me from finding out about them. They keep them safe not drag them away. "

She folded her arms trying to keep a stern face, but the smile lines around her eyes gave her away. "Oh really? You're not going to abduct a little lady in the middle of the desert that is magically invisible to lots of people other than a handful? Why should I believe someone who looks like a cross between Bruce banner and Thor?" The etched smile lines around her lips where twitching as she tried to keep her face looking stern.

((Oh, I gotcha smile.gif ))

Zahar grinned. "Of course. Be honored to be the second person to set foot on the most advanced model yet. Let me tell you, it is fan-cay." He said with a grin."Not a lot, no. I don't travel here often - helping lead an entire race doesn't exacly leave me with a lot of spare time." He said wryly. "Besides, most humans are much more close minded than you and give me a headache." He said with a chuckle before giving an almost childish pout. "You really don't trust me? What would I gain from taking you? I'm a prince, remember? I can have practically anything I want." He shook his head in slight humor before fixing her with a blank stare. "Who is Thor and Bruce Banner? Thor sounds like the name of a mighty warrior - is he a champion here?" He sounded genuinely confused, his violet eyes round with curiosity.

~ ~ ~

Liv pulled her black hair into a braid, walking into the kitchen where her mother was preparing lunch. "Mom, I'm going for a walk, okay?" She asked, rummaging through a drawer in the kitchen before letting out a pleased exclamation and sticking her pocketknife into the pocket of her jeans.

"That's fine, sweetheart. Just make sure to take Malachi with you. And I'm almost finished your sandwich - you can take it with you." Her mother responded, moving around the kitchen.

"Thanks." The silver-eyed girl said, tucking a stray strand behind her ear and whistling for her canine companion. A brown spotted German Shorthaired Pointer trotted into the kitchen, blinking up at her with questioning blue eyes. "We're going on a walk, boy." She told the dog, rubbing his head as she passed to take the brown paper bag holding her sandwich and a bag of chips from her mother. "Thanks mom, I'll see you later!" Liv ran out with Malachi close at her heels, the teen walking leisurely through the humid Georgian woods towards her favorite spot - a large stone overlooking a pool and a small waterfall. Holding the bag between her teeth, Liv scrambled onto the smooth top of the boulder as Malachi curled up in a sunny spot to sleep. She sat Indian style, pulling out her sandwich to eat her lunch in the peace of the woods.

"And I'll tell you anything from your kind that could travel at worp speed would be fancy. " She busted out laughing, doubling over. It took her a moment to catch her breath. "He's a comic book character. It's also a movie. But originally he is Thor Odin son, the mythical Norse god of lightning and thunder. In other words, he doesn't exist. Bruce Banner is the same thing, a character who had a bad accident with gamma radiation and when angry he gets big and musclely and green.

How about you show me your ship and I'll take you to the front office and get you some of my favorite stories and poetry. That way you know a little bit of what I'm talking about. A bit of light reading before bed. I have a book on paintings too. You can take a look at those. Then the next time you come back you can meet me here and I'll show you my place and where the bunker is if you can stay longer. That sound okay to you?" She asks. "As for what you would gain... hmm. I don't know, an exotic addition to your harem or something.... or, the most nerdiest earth teacher you can get?" She said turning and leaving her wagon there she put away her tools before looking at him to lead the way. It was then it occurred to her that she knew his name, but he didn't know her. "Oh, and I'm Rosemary, you can call me Rose."

~ ~ ~

Five minutes after the Prince left:

"I don't want a wife father! I don't need a woman!" Maklar was dragging his feet like a child as his mother pulled him by the back of his shirt, his father striding ahead of them.

"One will be good for you, to get you to smile more." His father replied roughly, like the matter was settled. "Besides this is a order from your king. He wants the high ranks in the kingdom who have not yet been married to go and find wives for themselves. Now get in your ship!" He ordered. Maklar sighed and went into his ship. "Earth. Somewhere humid warm and lots of trees. Georgia? Sounds interesting enough." Setting his ship to head there and on auto pilot, he covered his eyes and listened to the bird sounds his ma recorded for him. It helped him get over his motion sickness. Being in a spacecraft was different then flying yourself.

When the small ship built for three, landed in a small clearing with a jolt he staggered out and cloaked the ship. Tilting his head, he heard a waterfall. Having only been here once or twice, he was curious and headed through the woods to the source of the sound, not minding the heat at all in his greenbrown Dragon hide armor.

"Yes, it would be." Zahar agreed, giving her a puzzled look when she burst out laughing. Hard. Had he said something funny? It would seem so, by her reaction. His eyes widened in understanding and he nodded. "Ah, I understand now." He said. "Not all the human legends are untrue." He said offhandedly. "That thing about black cats bringing bad look is completely ridiculous, however." He shrugged and nodded. "Very well. I wouldn't be going to bed quite yet - it's still morning on my planet. Our twin suns have barely touched the sky. I don’t know about you, but I much prefer sleeping at night, thank you." He grinned, pulling a holographic phone from his pocket and flicking it to the bluetooth application that controlled his ship. "It's this way, follow me." He told her, unshielding his ship from view and making his way to it. "Nerdiest earth teacher I could get? Hmm, you may give my old tutor a run for his money, then. Maklar and I could never understand his fascination. He's my closest friend - the son of the highest-ranking nobleman on the planet." He glanced down at his phone, flicking open the door for them to board, which was above them since the ship was hovering seven feet off the ground. "Stay here, I'll toss down the ladder." He ordered, jumping up and grabbing the edge, hoisting himself up with solely his arms before looking over the edge towards his new friend. "Here it comes!" He tossed a ladder down, which looked like metal except the ropes were a strong metal and the steps were a different sort of metal as well. "Climb on up, I'll keep it as steady as I can."

~ ~ ~

Liv finished eating her sandwich, listening to the sounds of the forest and tensing when she heard... footsteps? She clicked her tongue to get Malachi's attention, the dog springing up immediately and staring at his owner for instructions. "Mal, scout!" She ordered softly, and the dog turned tail and trotted off, sniffing the surrounding area. Liv slid off the rock, and knowing her brothers wouldn't be back for another hour, was puzzled as to who would be out this far. Her family lived in what felt like the middle of nowhere and this was their property - a trespasser, perhaps? Confident in her assessment, she slipped after her dog, who had returned with his tail tucked, whining and hiding behind her legs. "What's wrong, boy?" She asked, concerned. Liv grabbed her knife, flicking out the blade and venturing further. Malachi whined softly but followed her, his loyalty to his master outweighing his fear.

Knowing the woods like the back of her hand, it was easy for Liv to slip unseen through the trees, pressing her back to the thick bough of a pine tree when she heard the crunching of footsteps ahead and to her right. Malachi darted off, disappearing into the underbrush with his ears back and tail tucked. Liv peered around the tree to see... a man. In really, really weird clothes, especially considering it was the middle of July and the heat and humidity was close to unbearable to those who hadn't lived in Georgia their whole lives. She huffed to herself. It was just a man - she could deal with this. With a snap of her fingers, Malachi joined her, growling at the unknown man in displeasure, fear replaced with protectiveness towards his young master. "Hey!" Liv said, stepping from behind the tree with a displeased look on her face. Mal stood next to her, ears back and lips pulled to show sharp teeth. "What are you doing out here? This is private property!"

Rose was speechless and stunned at the ship. Then the fact he jumped seven feet in the air, and after he was inside her attention went back to the ship. She didn't know the ladder was down until he said to climb up. Rose was a quarter way up the ladder before he finished his sentence. It didn't seem to deter her or slow her from the way the ladder swayed from her movement. It didn't take her long to reach the top. "You don't have to tell me twice!" She said with a goofy grin plastered on her pale face. Once over the threshold, she took off her cap and stuffed it in a pocket. Her clear blue eyes was trying to take it all in.

~ ~ ~

Maklar calmly looked in the direction of the female voice and looked at her with glowing gold eyes. "I wasn't aware this land belonged to anyone. I'm simply enjoying the heat and humidity. I will not harm anything on your land." He said slowly, methodically thinking carefully of every word before speaking.

The tiny knife wouldn't do any damage really. It would actually shatter on impact with his Dragon scales. Only certain weapons in possession of his race worked on him. He studied the small girl then looked at the dog. "That's a pretty animal. Reminds me of a pet I lost a while ago."

Zahar chuckled, pulling the rope back up and snapping his fingers to shut the door before moving to the main console. He tapped a few holographic buttons, shielding the ship from sight. "Don’t want other humans seeing this. Despite your kindness, I doubt others would be quite as friendly." He shrugged indifferently, plopping himself down in one of the seats, leaning back with a slight smile as she marvelled at his ship. "So, what do you think? Worthy of your time, Earth Girl?"

~ ~ ~

Liv blinked, staring up at the tall man with disbelief and a miniscule amount of fear, though she hid it well. "Well, yes. My family has owned it for over a generation - don't get hikers much around here, though I can't say I've ever met a hiker in an outfit like yours." She narrowed her eyes at him, silver clashing with his startling gold ones. Squinting at him, she blinked. "Are you alright? Your skin looks a bit... red. Unless it's natural - I won't judge, not really my style, but it's probably not healthy." Liv shrugged. "Just sayin'." Flicking back the blade and returning it to her pocket, she tilted her head at him. "Hmm, thanks. His name is Malachi, though he doesn't seem to like you very much." She turned her gaze to her dog. "Sit, Mal." The dog obeyed immediately, looking displeased with his owner's choice of action but obeying none the less.

"Not many come out to enjoy the heat and humidity - I mainly come to this area to swim and fish and the like. The natural pool over there is ten foot deep and has freshwater bass - Dad will grill them sometimes, but we have to skin 'em first. No use otherwise." She shrugged. "I'm Liv, by the way. Are you lost?" She asked him curiously. "That's probably the only way you ended up in our woods. The closest hiking trail is over four miles away. I can take you to it if you'd like - though I'd have to take Jackson with me. He's my brother." She regarded him curiously. "Ya know, you don't exactly sound like you're from around here - are you a northerner or something? Or visiting from England or the likes?"

"I suddenly feel filthy. I'm afraid to smudge something with my hands. It's so....shiny. " She said looking around, keeping her hands close to her body as if to not be tempted to touch anything. "Certainly worth my time. And it's bigger than it looks. It's either magic or technology. Astounding. What fuel does it take? Do you know how fast it travels?" She asked softly. Entranced by the ship and absorbing its details.

~ ~ ~

He looked offended by her comment on his skin tone. "Pardon me, but it is absolutely normal, and considered exquisitely healthy where I am from. As for my clothes, I know they seem odd to you, but it's a traditional formal uniform in my family." He held her gaze unwaveringly. "I suppose he wouldn't, this is as much as his territory as it is yours. He sees me as a interloper, and thus acts accordingly by his instinct. "

He carefully considered his next choice of words. "I am visiting yes, but I am not lost. I have a outstanding sense of direction and was heading to the sound of the waterfall. I never seen one before outside of images and sounds. I wanted to see one in person. I guess you can say.... what is the term.... the odd duckling? Something along those lines. I enjoy humidity and heat. I find this quite comfortable. " he paused for a moment wondering if he should give the woman his name. It would be the plight thing to do. "I am Maklar.."

Zahar chuckled. "Don't feel bad - I'm not super concerned. Somehow it ends up looking like a single bachelor lives in here but... eh. I don't really care. I have someone help me clean it every so often." He flashed her a grin. "Bigger on the inside, yeah. Difficult technology to master - took over one hundred years from the start of the research to finally produce a stable model. After that there was over three years of testing and other junk before this, the newest model, was finally released to the public. Even as royalty I wasn't allowed to have it before everyone else - the scientists wanted to make sure it was absolutely safe before putting someone as important as the king's only heir inside." He shrugged, looking thoughtful for a moment. "It runs on electricity powered by huge underground generators - harmless to the ecology and provides electricity for the whole planet. The ship travels at the speed of light, harnessing the energy to go even faster - I'm not completely sure about the science, but it travels 70,000 light years in a little over 30 minutes so basically... really, really fast." He stood suddenly, cape billowing out around him with the movement. "Now, I was promised poems and such?"

~ ~ ~

Liv looked apologetic at his offense. "Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. Mom said I talk to much without thinking. Bad habit, I guess. Never heard of such a country, but then again, I never was good at geography." She shrugged, looking unconcerned. "I'd much rather be roaming the woods. Mom doesn't go out to the store much - she tends the garden and Dad will take out my brothers and I hunting for meat, or we'll fish. We're pretty self-sustaining, and I much prefer it to having to deal with people every day. Ugh." She made a face, grimacing. "Not lost? Huh. Just exploring then - makes more sense, as you'd have to be really bad with directions to lose the path. The waterfall is pretty - I'll take you to it. This place is my backyard, so you don't have to worry about me getting us lost, Mr. Great Sense of Direction." Malachi stood, glancing up at Liv at her light tone. "Maklar, huh? Cool name. Sound's alien or something. It suits you." She said it so breezily that it was obvious she meant no harm in the comment. "You should probably introduce yourself to Malachi though - better than him growling at you the whole time. Be good, Mal." She said sternly to her dog, who stared up at her with an innocent look. "Greet." She ordered, and Malachi trotted forward reluctantly, stretching out his nose to sniff Maklar's hand.

Edited by polaristar

"Well they can't have the princeling getting lost in space. Oh yeah. I'll be right back. My boss may be blind but he can that you're here as we're even walking up with me. You may have to use your telekinesis to get them up here. " She snapped her fingers and rolled out the ladder, sliding down it fireman style. Once on the ground she took off, stopping to get her wagon and pulled it with her into the distance. After about ten minutes later she was coming back on a rusty bike with a little crate on the back of it with books. She waved to him, holding seven fingers indicating seven books that she brought to him.

~ ~ ~

Maklar straightened with pride when she said his name suits him "It means Great Guardian where I am from." His lips twitched in a small smile at the dog. He slowly moved his hand, Palm down so the dog can sniff it. He remained absolutely still, like a lifelike statue made from baked red clay.

((I'm sorry, I would've responded sooner but Wednesdays are always really busy for me. I barely had time to post on Missing Piece before I went out again, soo...))

"Getting lost in space was the least of their worries!" Zahar responded with a distinctly unprincely snort. "More like making sure the occupants wouldn't be crushed should be bigger on the inside tech be damaged or malfunction." He plopped himself back down in the pilot's seat after she had left, simply giving her an "I'll be here" before he pulled up the ladder, keeping the door open in order to listen for her return. He heard her not long after, and he poked his head out the door in time to see her hold up seven fingers to tell him she had brought seven books. Flashing her a grin, he disappeared back in the ship to toss down the ladder, leaning over to wait for her to arrive in order to bring the books up by use of his telekinesis.

~ ~ ~

"That's cool." Liv responded, noticing how he straightened in pride at her compliment and stowing away the information in case she were to need it later. Malachi sniffed Maklar's hand cautiously before wagging his tail slowly, snuffling into his palm as if looking for a treat before backing off and heading towards the waterfall. The telltale splash of the dog taking a swim in the pool not two minutes later. "Well, he seems to like you, so that's a good thing." She beamed at him before waving for him to follow her. "C'mon, the water is this way." She walked off in the direction of the waterfall, tossing a smile towards her new - if not slightly odd - friend.

((Ah ok. ))

Rose was slower going up this time, out of breath as she reached the top. "Long run... should come up with a better....name for the technology. Enlargement Tec? " She suggested as he brought the books up and she caught her breath again. "the first two on the stack are fantasy. One is The Hobbit. My dad would read it to me and it's my favorite. The next is The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. It was....." She faltered. "It was my mom's favorite thing to read to me." She paused for a moment.

"A collection of famous poetry, sorted into categories; Seasons, Nature, people Places, objects and lastly emotions. That's the third book, the thicker one. The fourth shows plants from earth, their names and uses and sometimes certain ones mean something. Book number four are famous places around the world, and it describes the culture and history on a few of them." This book had bits of paper sticking out in places. "Fifth book is paintings from famous artists dating from pre renaissance till now, and where to find their art. " this one had more little bits of coloured paper in it. "Sixth is a encyclopedia, A and B. Best condensed source on earth there is. I'm borrowing that one, I expect it back in the condition you got it. You'll get the other ones as you finish one."

There was only six in the pile. She pulled out a little paper book in a plastic cover. "This is my pride and precious gift from my father when I first learned how to read. If this is damaged in any way, Prince or not, I'd tan your sorry hide till it's olive colored and you'd be running back to your home like your butt was on fire! Am I clear?" She glared at him. She didn't do intimidation well, she was too pretty and sweet looking to be taken seriously but her eyes said she met it. "It's my first edition of the Avengers comic, with Thor and Bruce banner that I talked about, and others as well. This is the seventh book I'm lending to you." She reluctantly handed him the copy almost torn between keeping it here and seeing his reaction after he read it.

~ ~ ~

Maklar followed her, face once again emotionless.... that is, until he saw the waterfall. His eyes widened in wonder and he tilted his head, his flame colored hair almost looked like literal flames as the locks shifted on his head. He walked slowly up to the falls and studied it. "Astounding..... it dazzles more then the pictures I have seen."

((Love The Hobbit and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe! Good choices! biggrin.gif ))

The alien prince hummed in agreement. "Yes, we probably should. I'm sure there's an official name floating around somewhere, but I have no idea what it is." He shrugged, setting down the books carefully on the pristine floor. He watched intently, listening in fascination as she explained the premise of all the books. His violet gaze settled into sympathy when he realized she had lost her mother. "I never knew my mother." He offered quietly. "She died shortly after my birth. My father never quite... recovered from her death." Zahar was silent for several moments, lost in memory before he paid attention once again. She was on one about plants, though he was quite sure the previous one was poetry. He continued watching as she explained, perking up at the mention of an encyclopedia. "There are encyclopedias on my planet! There is a whole page contributing to my life thus far!" He said cheerily, taking it once she had set it down and turning it around in his hands excitedly. "Don't worry, I'll make sure it will come back in spotless condition."

He set aside the encyclopedia as Rose pulled out the last book. She threatened him to death, alien prince or not, if he were to mess it up even a little. His jaw tightened slightly - death threats weren't exactly something he was unused to - his father did it all the time. He had unknowingly gone rigid and forced himself to relax, taking it from her gently and turning it in his hands. "Breath, it will be like I never even had it. I'm assuming you want me to read it here?"

~ ~ ~

Liv grinned, watching his expression of awe. "Yeah, it's really pretty. Jason and I - he's my other brother - stumbled upon it when I was a bit younger. It's my favorite spot now." She looped her way around towards the boulder she had originally been sitting on, scaling it easily. Liv waved at him invitingly. "Come up here! The waterfall makes spray and looks like a rainbow!" She called to him. Malachi barked, swimming through the pool and exiting the water near Maklar, tongue lolling out of his mouth. He shook out his fur, dousing everything nearby with water droplets.