Vhale

12th Targeted Mass Breed Raffle

Attempt new 2g Mate? Just curious.  

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Congrats Terrafreaky!

And thanks everyone for supporting the namefest!

/kicks ratios, I'm in a no bred-egg-arama sad.gif

We're having a raffle variant. This one won't involve breeding, but naming.To enter, post a screenshot of your scroll with the option /show unnamed dragons checked. It should be pretty empty. Growing/frozen hatchies don't count against you.

Obviously, some people have special codes they keep. If that's the case, just post and let me know. Now, that does not mean it's okay to have 20+ dragons un-named because "It takes me awhile to pick names" We feel your pain, but that's not going to get an entry.

As far as tickets, this one is you get a ticket in the order that you enter. First to post is 1, etc. 1 entry per person.

Prize! You get to request what Metal gets bred to and you get the egg(s). You get 5 eggs, stopping at your first 2g prize. Refusals and no interest don't count, only eggs. So you could get 4 2g fails and one shiny, but if that 5th egg is a fail you are out of luck and only get five 2g kins. Also, I have to work breedings around the lottery and holidays so it may be fast... or not 8)

Welcome! During some conversation with other breeders, we came to notice that some commons are all but impossible to breed with other commons. For whatever reason, their ratios are so out of whack that it's almost impossible to get the other dragon out of them after months of trying. So this raffle is an attempt to straighten out some of the worst offenders by breeding eggs and sending them to the AP.

There will be 4 sections to this post.

• Welcome! (You're Here!)
  • Faq and Rules
  • Codes and Forms
  • The Ticket List
Raffle Status: Waiting on egg!

Ticket Spread: 1-10,000

Dates: Waiting for new egg, next try is Aug 6th

Previous Winners:

angelicdragonpuppy - First Raffle

Raff - Glomp Raffle

herk - Second Raffle

Dracaena - Third Raffle

ratts - 4th raffle (first place)

Amazon_Warrior - 4th raffle (second place)

angelicdragonpuppy - 4th raffle (third place)

Lurhstaap - 5th raffle

tishavara - 6th raffle

Germelia - 7th raffle

Mamamaus - 8th raffle

banban007 - 8th raffle (second place)

Jazeki - IOU Glomp (Every Raffle Entered Appreciation)

biruko, Deinosaur, rrattts, WinstonGA - Gold/Silver Raffle (5 Raffles Entered Appreciation)

The Approved Commons List: Pick one of these dragons to breed with any other dragon. Breed 20 approved common dragons for one ticket. Do not breed the dragon twice during a raffle.

Watchlist to see if fixed: Black Tea, Deep Sea, Swallowtail, Nocturne, Lumina, Teimar, Speckle Throated-confirmed to breeding sparsely 3-17-16

Removed Mint, added Swallowtails 8/11/15

8/18/15: Removed -Spitfires

Added - Imperial Fleshcrowne, Striped River, Anagalis

3/9/16: Added Hooktalons, Magelights, Spirit Wards and Greater Spotted Drakes

user posted image

Black TeaBlack TippedBleeding MoonBlue-BandedBrimstoneBrute DragonCanopyCarmine WyvernCassareCoastal WaverunnerDeep Sea DragonFalconiform WyvernFever WyvernFrostbiteLuminaSwallowtail DragonNhiostrife WyvernNocturneOliveRed-Finned TidalRoyal CrimsonSeragamma WyvernImperial FleshcrowneSpeckle ThroatedSpotted GreenwingSunstoneGold-Horned TangarBlack Capped TeimarrTurpentineYellow-CrownedAnagallisStriped RiverHooktalonMagelight PygmyGreater Spotted DrakeSpirit Wards

Special Requests:

Special Request for Breeders (not for tickets, this is only a FYI someone is looking for these pairs in the AP)

Any Approved x Holiday

Edited by Vhale

user posted image

July 6-14! We are doing a Variant Raffle, see the First post and ignore this one!

Quick Summary

Breed 20 approved common dragons for one ticket.

Take Screenshot of action log showing breeding.

Post link to screenshot with ticket number.

Run Amok through AP.

Extended Edition

Breed 20 approved common dragons for one ticket.:

It’s prefered to breed from the common so I don’t have to double check your mates.

The common must be one from the approved list, not a special request or one under consideration

It does not have to be an even-gen or stair step lineage to qualify.

One count per Breeding. That means breeding 2 approved commons to each other does not count twice, only once.

Don't use the same ticket for two different raffles. IE, Do not breed the dragon twice during a raffle (s).

Take Screenshot of action log showing breeding.

Screenshots can vary in size, it’s very helpful if you mark where each ticket starts and stops.

Folders of screenshots are fine.

I’d suggest posting links rather than images, as this thread may get a lot of traffic it could run up your bandwith allowance.

Post link to screenshot with ticket number

Pick any number you want, if you end up with a duplicate and do not change it, you will be assigned the first number available starting from 1.

Run Amok through AP.

Amok! Amok! Amok!

*cough* The Departure Board is a lovely place to release hatchies should you choose.

Addendum

This requirements of the raffle are meant to change. After all, if this works we won’t need to play ratio clean up. So I’m including forms to suggest pairings or remove them. If there is a seasonal, holiday or uncommon pairing that you’d like to see in the AP, feel free to ask. I’ll list it as as separate special request and good luck to the ap hunters smile.gif

Raffle Donations: Given that this thread is meant to improve breeding ratios, I feel it’s against it’s interest to take multiple donations of prizes or metals, though I appreciate the thought. What I will take is a 2g prize so Metal can get a break, or a CB Metal, same reasoning.

Prior Winners: Prior winners will be given a handicap of 10 points from their numbers. So, if there is a tie, the prior winner loses by default.

Glomp Raffles

Glomp Raffles are inspired by Glomp Gifting. They may happen at any time, but they are fairly simple and usually depend on two things. Do I have time for another raffle? Do I have a 2g egg to give away? If the first answer is no and the second yes, a Glomp Raffle happens. smile.gif

A Glomp Raffle works much like those in IRC, there is a list of people, each has a number. A number is rolled and whomever's number comes up, wins. Every person that has submitted in current and past raffles is counted once. And yes, winning a Glomp raffle will incur a handicap for regular raffles. But no, I do not handicap Glomps. They are FFA (free for alls) and meant to be happy surprises smile.gif

Edited by Vhale

user posted image

user posted image

Siggy Button if desired.

[url=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=169092][IMG=http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo338/Vhale_Web/DCave/TMB.png][/url]

I bred my commons!

Action Log Screenshot: Post Link Here

Ticket Numbers Desired: #, #, #, etc,

[b][font=Curlz MT][color=purple][size=11]I bred my commons![/size][/color][/font][/b]
Action Log Screenshot: [b]Post Link Here[/b]
Ticket Numbers Desired: [b]#, #, #, etc, [/b]

I’d like to suggest a non-raffle pairing!

Link to non-raffle pair you’ve had trouble with: Post Link Here

Is this for future raffle consideration?: Yes/No

[b][font=Curlz MT][color=blue][size=11]I’d like to suggest a non-raffle pairing![/size][/color][/font][/b]
Link to non-raffle pair you’ve had trouble with: [b]Post Link Here[/b]
Is this for future raffle consideration?: [b]Yes/No[/b]

I’d like to suggest a raffle-based pairing for breeders!

Link to raffle-based pair you’d like to see in the AP: Post Link Here

[b][font=Curlz MT][color=green][size=11]I’d like to suggest a raffle-based pairing for breeders![/size][/color][/font][/b]
Link to raffle-based pair you’d like to see in the AP: [b]Post Link Here[/b]

I’d like to suggest this common be removed

Did we fix it’s ratio?: Please provide info of what it was bred with and about how many other eggs were gotten

[b][font=Curlz MT][color=red][size=11]I’d like to suggest this common be removed[/size][/color][/font][/b]
Did we fix it’s ratio?: [b]Please provide info of what it was bred with and about how many other eggs were gotten[/b]

Edited by Vhale

user posted image

[Why commas? Because when I use the Find function to see if a number is duplicated, the comma keeps it from finding 30 three times in this example: 30 230 1302. Searching for (space) 30, (space) will find 30 once so long as the comma is there]

dirtytabs : 1

tjenni : 2

Terces : 3

Tango : 4

angelicdragonpuppy : 5

Earth Gurl : 6

Raff : 7

gigglymonkey12 : 8

Dusky_Flareon : 9

bonvoyage : 10

Jazeki : 11

Terrafreaky : 12

IndigoTheCat : 13

artiuslove : 14

JaneMcAsh : 15

legofrodo12 : 16

Gryphonic : 17

Template : 00, 00, 00,

Edited by Vhale

TMB Participants List - Updated Spreadsheet

Some interesting stats.

TMB 1 is lost to time as I used PMs

TMB 2: 44 Players

TMB 3: 17 Players

TMB 4: 28 Players (2 prizes)

TMB 5: Glomp

TMB 6: 12 Players

TMB 7: 31 Players

TMB 8: 24 Players

TMB 9: Appreciation Glomp

Edited by Vhale

I bred my commons!

Action Log Screenshot: Pics 1-5

Ticket Numbers Desired: 97, 4200, 2600, 666, 9870.

Edited by PumpkinBrains

I bred my commons!

Action Log Screenshot: Entry 1

Ticket Numbers Desired: 22

(I'm sorry, I'm stuck using my phone at the moment so I don't know how the quality, size, etc. is...)

Glad it works smile.gif

Edited by Areous

I bred my commons!

Action Log Screenshot: Entry!

Ticket Numbers Desired: 22

(I'm sorry, I'm stuck using my phone at the moment so I don't know how the quality, size, etc. is...)

Works just fine on my screen smile.gif

Can I enter again? If not don't worry, I'll still breed my commons, just won't send in screenshots (anddd maybe not breed the few messy ones in the bunch this time xd.png)

Can I enter again? If not don't worry, I'll still breed my commons, just won't send in screenshots (anddd maybe not breed the few messy ones in the bunch this time xd.png)

I bred along with the last group, but never made official entries. Managed to drop a few hundred eggs that way. I doubt Vhale will swat anyone for doing this, since I never got swatted last time. laugh.gif

Prior Winners: Prior winners will be given a handicap of 10 points from their numbers. So, if there is a tie, the prior winner loses by default.

Looks like it's allowed, but at a bit of a disadvantage vs people who haven't won yet.

What Kith said, people get to win 2 prizes so I would feel bad just saying no, but I do feel like a little push helps xd.png

If you are that lucky then I bow before your mastery of Murphy!

Looks like it's allowed, but at a bit of a disadvantage vs people who haven't won yet.

Ah, thank you! I'm still not sure what a ten point handicap means, though, exactly, other than the tie loss. D:

Ah, thank you! I'm still not sure what a ten point handicap means, though, exactly, other than the tie loss. D:

Say you choose 505, Kith chooses 508 and the raffle rolls 500. Kith would win because your 505 is adjusted to 515, 10 points away from the winning number.

Make sense?

It means people could try to claim numbers near you and rub you for luck, or you may want to wait for the last day to post yours so they aren't too close to anyone elses :3

Minigames. We has them!

Just to clarify - we are allowed to enter multiple times before the raffle, right? Some of my dragons are still on cooldown, so once they come off it, I can enter those as well?

Just to clarify - we are allowed to enter multiple times before the raffle, right? Some of my dragons are still on cooldown, so once they come off it, I can enter those as well?

Yes, just so long as they aren't dragons you already entered in the current raffle smile.gif

If you bred some yesterday for the first raffle, you're free to enter them in this one as soon as they come off cooldown.

But if you breed some today, please do not breed them again 7 days from now for this same raffle.

How do I take a screenshot on my computer? I won't have access to my phone for the next couple of days.

How do I take a screenshot on my computer? I won't have access to my phone for the next couple of days.

Hold "ctrl" and "print screen". Crop/edit in Paint or whatever you have.

*reads "if you are viewbombing, then I hope you step on a Lego" in your sig*

lol

Edited by Spiteful_Crow

Hold "ctrl" and "print screen". Crop/edit in Paint or whatever you have.

*reads "if you are viewbombing, then I hope you step on a Lego" in your sig*

lol

Thank you <3 and ik a lego with a spike would be best.

I bred my commons!

Action Log Screenshot: Dragons

Ticket Numbers Desired: 96

Cant believe these eggies happened

http://celestecopay.deviantart.com/art/Dra...%253A1434397537

http://celestecopay.deviantart.com/art/Dra...%253A1434397840

I bred my commons!

Action Log Screenshot: Maybe we'll get to add more later

Ticket Numbers Desired: 17, 137, 666, 999, 1117 -- IT SAYS 10k omg

Will add later because the laziness is strong with me.

Ohmanohmanohman. More commons for incuhatchie egg revolution. I'm in! Again! xd.png

Some are on cooldown so I think I'll come back to this later to breed more. :V