Jazeki

The Great May Birthday Breeding Event

Since there's still some speculation about what might happen between now and DC's birthday in late May, I've decided to host the Great May Birthday Breeding Event. Let's try for year eight!

When: Monday, May 8 from 12:00am to 11:59pm Cave Time

What Breeds: Any and all avatars (creation, change, destruction)--GON's too!

Why: To give us something to do between now and DC's actual birthday. Also, this is to compensate for everyone who missed out on avatars when they were first released.

Why Avatars and not Any Others: Avatars are "birthday-ish." Also, while there are many other dragons that are associated with DC birthdays, most of the other mass breedings have included multiple breeds. So, it's time for a break. And people are probably going to be happiest to see avatars.

But I don't have any avatars/ GONs and I want to participate! PM me and I'll see if I can breed you an avatar. Please specify breed, not generation. My GONs are picky.

I don't like mass breedings/avatars! I'm sorry about that. There is another thread where you can voice your woes over mass breedings. You can also opt not to participate.

If you do want to participate and need a reminder, let me know. If there is a release or something the week before or the day before (May 1-7), this can be pushed further into the month if need be.

Banners!

http://orig11.deviantart.net/b244/f/2015/114/5/9/gon_by_jazeki-d8qyauc.gif

Edited by Jazeki

I only have 8 Avatars at this point, and they are so finicky, as are my GoNs - they don't come across as a mass breeder to me. I'd be lucky to get one egg out of the entire lot. dry.gif Are there other breeds that you would consider for this event?

The 2013 Birthday Event included the Teimarrs, Bloodscales, Black Teas, Hellhorses, Coppers, Blacktips and Seragammas.

2012 - Tsunamis, Luminas and Ultraviolets.

2011 - Crimson Flares, Dark Myst, Misfits, Nilia and Seawyrm Pygmies

It doesn't seem that earlier years had anything specifically labelled Birthday, but these breeds provide more than enough opportunity for a little AP fun. wink.gif

This is an awesome idea. I have a healthy number of each type of Avatar so I'll happily take part in this. I can also open up my 3 GoN's to breed 2G's for someone who is looking for one. smile.gif

I'd love a reminder too.

Here's my count of each dragon.

GoN: 3

Destruction: 13

Creation: 11

Change: 15

Many are 2G's, two of my 4G's have Spriter's alts and the others vary in lineage, but I don't believe any of mine are messy and none of them are inbred.

my only question is can you breed your GoN's in the event too for those that have any?

Edited by Syiren

I'm up for it, I have the following:

1 Female GoN

1 Female AoD

2 Female AoCreation

1 Male AoCreation

2 Female AoChange

1 Male AoChange

I have 2 guardians and one of each Avatar so I can participate. I'll see if I can't get any new Avatars to breed.

I would love to but I don't have any avatars or Gon's to participate as of now. I will try to catch some in AP between now and then.

I will join this!

Finally putting my dragons to a good use ^^

I have over 20 for each of those Avatar babies. Too bad my GoNs never produce babies though.

I only have 8 Avatars at this point, and they are so finicky, as are my GoNs - they don't come across as a mass breeder to me. I'd be lucky to get one egg out of the entire lot. dry.gif Are there other breeds that you would consider for this event?

The 2013 Birthday Event included the Teimarrs, Bloodscales, Black Teas, Hellhorses, Coppers, Blacktips and Seragammas.

2012 - Tsunamis, Luminas and Ultraviolets.

2011 - Crimson Flares, Dark Myst, Misfits, Nilia and Seawyrm Pygmies

It doesn't seem that earlier years had anything specifically labelled Birthday, but these breeds provide more than enough opportunity for a little AP fun. wink.gif

I considered adding coppers, but the rest are already so prolific in the AP anyway that there would be no difference between the Birthday Breeding and what is already there.

I have not bred any of mine really as of late, but I know that I had the most success breeding them to holidays, rares, and other avatars. I also have more than eight avatars, so that may have something to do with it.

@Syiren- Yes, you can breed GoNs as well.

Regarding the suggestion to use Coppers, I would be concerned about adding an already rare breed to a massbreed, in case they became over-populated and then even rarer than they are now.

Otherwise, I think a massbreed of Avatars sounds fun, count me in! I've not got many Avatars, and even fewer nicely-lineaged ones that I'll actually breed, but if nothing else I summoned my first GoN just yesterday (yay!) so s/he'll definitely be joining in. Plus this seems like as good a reason as any to collect a few more!

Remind me and my ~200 Avatars of Creation to partake! smile.gif

Edited by whitebaron

@Syiren- Yes, you can breed GoNs as well.

Sweet. I'll be sure that they're all well rested and ready for the event. happy.gif

I'll happily breed my GoNs and my avatars (at least the pretty ones). Please send me a reminder

I was curious at how many of each avatar I had so counted since I saw others listing counts

3 GoN

31 Destruction

37 Change

41 Creation

I do not have a GoN (yet) but I DO have some avatars, a pair even being mates! Not all my lineages are neat, but oh, who gives a darn? I mean, avatars!

So, I would LOVE a reminder!

I have

0 GoNs ((gives Trios donuts to promote))

3 Change Avatars

3 Destruction Avatars

1 Creation Avatar

7 Avatars, but that will do :3 My next summoning is possible on April 26 NJ Time, so hopefully I can get a GoN by then. *knocks on wood*

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

I have only a few Avatars, but I'll toss mine in the ring; and be eagerly waiting for the eggs to drop!

Got 19 avatars and a GoN (plus a possible summon tomorrow and a GoN breeding)- will totally be doing this. biggrin.gif

I've got 3 GoNs and only one of each Avatar, but I'm in! :)

I was trying to think of an event in May and the only thing I could come up with was doing a Pink and Purple massbreed on Mother's Day (this year it's May 10th), but I think DC's birthday is a better fit since celebrating Mother's Day on the 2nd Sunday of May is mostly a US thing, but (I hope) everyone here regardless of where they are would want to celebrate DC~ ^-^

ETA: Yeah, I'm sure it's widely celebrated, but I was under the impression that different places observe it on different days. *shrug*

Edited by Denwayasha

Banners updated.

I always thought Mother's Day was universal, but maybe that's just me. laugh.gif

Participation incentive laugh.gifClaim my eggs/hatchlings!

@Alectrona- I thought about that too...My coppers used to be very productive. Maybe hellhorses. We'll see.

Grabbed this one as It is my first avatar of anything egg. I can try to summon again but am going to wait a few hours for my ice dragon to grow up.

If anyone is in need of some Avatars, Feel free to Pm me and I'll be happy to breed mine. smile.gif

I'll bite too!

I don't have that many Avatars, but if you PM me I'll try and breed you one for this event.

... Gotta get myself some more avvies....

I have - many avatars - and will be happy to join in. But YES I need a reminder. I have a serious shortage of brain cells, and those that I do have are at war with one another.

I have 3 GoNs and 10 Avatars of Destruction, 18 Creation and 8 Change...

Should we breed with anything in particular ?

And to take a leaf from Jazeki's book:

Another incentive - take me home!

Edited by fuzzbucket