Kusanaetle

The Legend of Zelda series

I can't believe no one has posted about these games yet. blink.gif I'm in love with Legend of Zelda games. I find them fun, adventurous, etc. (I could explain a thousand reasons as to why I love these games but that would just be boring) laugh.gif Has anyone played these games before? Here you could talk about it and stuff. biggrin.gif

Stuck between OoT and TP. I actually came up with a strategy for defeating Iron Knuckles only using the sword, but it requires very good reflexes. Personally, I found the Darknuts from TP to be much harder, especially if you fight more than one at once. *shudders*

Edited by Lightstorm12000

Stuck between OoT and TP. I actually came up with a strategy for defeating Iron Knuckles only using the sword, but it requires very good reflexes. Personally, I found the Darknuts from TP to be much harder, especially if you fight more than one at once. *shudders*

Yeah I find it hard but fun! biggrin.gif Especially where you have to fight *SPOILER!*

Highlight to read:the three darknuts in the last room in that hole in the Gerudo Desert.

Yeah I find it hard but fun! biggrin.gif Especially where you have to fight *SPOILER!*

Highlight to read:the three darknuts in the last room in that hole in the Gerudo Desert.

Yeah *SPOILER* I lost to them, that's why I shuddered. To have a chance at beating them, you need the "Exorbitantly Priced" Magic Armor.

Yeah *SPOILER* I lost to them, that's why I shuddered. To have a chance at beating them, you need the "Exorbitantly Priced" Magic Armor

I didn't use the magic armor I only used 1 fairy. Did you ever catch the golden chu jelly in that 1 room?

Edit:hiding some spoilers

Edited by Kusanaetle

I didn't use the magic armor I only used 1 fairy. Did you ever catch the golden chu jelly in that 1 room?

Edit:hiding some spoilers

*SPOILER highlight to see* Golden Chu Jelly? Such a thing exists? I must have missed it. By the time I reached that room, I had already used up both fairies and my Fairy's Tears, so I was pretty much set up to fail.

Blinding yellow text is hard to read.

Anyway, I would say that the original LoZ for the NES is the best.

A close second would have to be Link's Awakening for the GameBoy.

For third place, I would choose OoT.

Next would be MM.

Fifth would be A Link To The Past.

Sixth would be Twilight Princess.

Seventh would be The Adventures Of Link.

Last would go to WW. Horrible game. I hate the art style and the overall easiness of the game. Zelda games should be challenging. You should never be able to beat one without using a walkthrough. (The same can be said for TP, but I still liked the plot, graphics, and side quests much more[Plus I did have to use a guide to learn how to catch a fish.]). Seriously, I hated The Adventures of Link, but I hated WW much, much more.

Those are all the Zelda games I have played, so I can't say much for the others, although I can assume the sequel to WW sucked accordingly.

Edited by Cheeze

I don't think this is a dupe though. I like the poll, and I would like to see which games others rank as the best.

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask

biggrin.gif

I didn't like Windwaker all that much :u

I voted for OoT, btw

I didn't like how you only had 3 days to play the game in Majora's Mask before having to travel back in time and lose everything :C

Edited by Eddiexelite

Ocarina of Time's my absolute favorite, but I also enjoyed playing Oracle of Seasons and Ages. Old games are the best - even if Twilight Princess looks amazing.

Having played all of the Legend of Zelda games except for the DS ones, I'd have to say that my favorite remains with the first I ever played: Link to the Past. It just contained so much, and remains above all the other 2D varieties in my eyes, even to this day.

Next up would be Majora's Mask, though; I found it a fair bit more enjoyable than OOT, if only due to the more challenging gameplay (I never found the 3 day restriction to be much of a problem, but it did add a sense of urgency which I liked) and the unique, dark storyline that made it more lasting. Each remains excellent in their own way, though, and I've thoroughly enjoyed them all.

*SPOILER highlight to see* Golden Chu Jelly?  Such a thing exists?  I must have missed it. By the time I reached that room, I had already used up both fairies and my Fairy's Tears, so I was pretty much set up to fail.

*Keeping to spoilers* It exists in a few areas within the game (I recall one spot in the Goron mountains in particular, although it also came up during that desert excursion as well), and I believe the overall effect is identical to Fairy Tears.

Edited by Volcove

I can't believe no one has posted about these games yet.  blink.gif 

Actually... http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=89703

I loved Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons back in the day :3

Oops, sorry. I didn't know someone already made a topic for this. sad.gif

(This is sort of off topic but, can someone tell me how to use the white font? I can't find it in the list of colors.)

It's a toss up between Oot and MM for me. One was my very first N64 game, and the sequel really streamlined the adventure.

Those masks were really awesome too.

Oops, sorry. I didn't know someone already made a topic for this.  sad.gif

(This is sort of off topic but, can someone tell me how to use the white font? I can't find it in the list of colors.)

The white font isn't with the rest of the colors, you have to use the same code but type in white in place of yellow.

I actually liked WW, and while it was fairly easy compared to some of the others, I actually had to use a guide to find all of the *SPOILER* Triforce of Courage shards. Especially the one involving the Ghost Ship.

Edit: Spelling fail. *headdesk*

I actually liked WW, and while it was fairly easy compared to some of the others, I actually had to use a guide to find all of the *SPOILER* Triforce of Courage shards. Especially the one involving the Ghost Ship.

I actually never found all of the *SPOILER* triforce shards. I had trouble finding all the sea charts. So right now, i'm playing all the zelda games I have from oldest to newest and trying to complete it 100% without using a guide. Wish me luck! I'm going to need it....

I actually never found all of the *SPOILER* triforce shards. I had trouble finding all the sea charts. So right now, i'm playing all the zelda games I have from oldest to newest and trying to complete it 100% without using a guide. Wish me luck! I'm going to need it....

OK, but I'll wish you more luck on playing through all of them nonstop. When ever I play the games nonstop, in the order that I think they should go in, I usually get bored by the time I reach the Oracle games.

I only really ever played twilight princess, but I spent a lot of time watching my stupid cousins hogging the zelda games at their house. Wind waker looked like fun, but again, I never got the chance to play it. Tragic.

I've played 'em all. Liked 'em all but my favorite is Ocarina of Time. and just so you zelda fans know, there's a new one coming out 2011. Skyward Sword, for Wii. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Twilight Princess. It was my very first console game ever and I think it has the best music. I'm one that's wooed by music. So if the music sucks, there's a high chance that I'll hate whatever it is.

Own: Phantom Hourglass, Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks, The Wind Waker, Link's Awakening, A Link to The Past, Four Swords, Ocarina of Time, Ocarina of Time: Master Quest.

Beaten: Phantom Hourglass (7 or 8 times), Spirit Tracks (2), The Wind Waker (2), Link's Awakening (1), Ocarina of Time (1), Twilight Princess (2 or 3)

Playing: The Wind Waker Second Quest, A Link to the Past, Ocarina a of Time: Master Quest

Yet to Play: The Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, The Minish Cap, Skyward Sword, and Four Swords Adventures

Edited by Icepelt