Snowytoshi

Are you sure? Breeding.

When you abandon an egg it says,"Are you sure you want to abandon this egg? This action is irreversible." Same thing with summon, influence etc. So why not for breeding? Almost everyone has had a perfect breeding pair, they go to click on them.... and misclick. Bam! Suddenly you have an unwanted egg on your scroll or accidental inbreeding, perhaps you're part of a lineage project and now you have to find another dragon. It also wouldn't be hard to implement as it's already automatic for the BSAs. I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions on this.

I know there are probably some people that'll say this is too much "hand holding" and leaving not enough responsibility with each player to be careful of what they're doing, I would definitely like this. smile.gif If you don't want to confirm these things, there's an option to turn it off. But for those who would benefit from it, I think it'd be a great idea. I've made mistakes like this in the past myself. xd.png

Sure - I can't see that asking for confirmation is handholding. That said - I bet I would click Yes, anyway.... smile.gif

Nuuuuuuuuuuuu please. D:

I breed all my rares (usually to throw to the AP if they produce) at once. I don't usually go on abandon'ing/fertility/teleport/kill/earthquake/etc. sprees like that. Besides, if I misbreed, it's just another 7 days I have to wait. If I misbreed it's my fault for not double checking and I can just bite/abandon/kill the egg. ^^

Confirmations are also really to stop other people from doing things with your dragons that you don't want them to. I don't think a confirmation will really make people double check that they're not misbreeding. Maybe the first few times it might, but probably not after that.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

If you don't want to confirm these things, there's an option to turn it off.

Where is this magical option so I can use it?

(DNS this.)

Edited by stogucheme

Sometimes I just click wrong cause I'm on my iPod and sometimes it spazzes. And even when it doesn't spaz sometimes I just misclick. It could be optional and it can't harm anything, right?

I think this would be pretty nice. I always check and double check with dragons I am breeding, but every once in a while there can be a simple miss click that results in an uneven/unintentional egg.

Personally I support this. A whole week is a long time to wait for a simple mistake.

This would get really annoying for every breeding. And even then, if I misclicked the dragon to say to breed, I'd probably click the "yes, I meant this" before I realized I had messed up. I would sort of like this for inbreeding, though. If the resulting offspring would be inbred (regardless of whether it's by this breeding, or a parent that's already inbred), a message would pop up. It would have to be opt in though, from what I've seen from others. I'm even going to start an inbred line, and I still wouldn't be bothered for their once weekly breeding.

Or I supposed if there's any opt in, you could do something like this:

Warn me when I'm about to breed:

Never (default)

Only for inbreeding

Always

I would sort of like this for inbreeding, though. If the resulting offspring would be inbred (regardless of whether it's by this breeding, or a parent that's already inbred), a message would pop up. It would have to be opt in though, from what I've seen from others. I'm even going to start an inbred line, and I still wouldn't be bothered for their once weekly breeding.

i have to disagree with the 'inbreeding' part. inbreeding is looked down upon in this game only by the players; it doesn't result in any negative effects in the actual game. so i don't see why you have to have a warning for it. just be careful when you pick a mate.

on topic, it doesn't bother me if it was implemented. just clicking another "okay i'm sure" button doesn't take that much time. but seriously, people will still make mistakes...it's better to check both dragons' lineages before attempting to breed them; if the offspring is that important, i assume anyone would do that before hand and not need an extra warning to do so.

as for the guy with the ipad or whatever, i know your pain. my phone glitches up sometimes so i refrain from breeding dragons with it. xd.png in that case, this suggestion might help a lot.

YES, please!

I remember a time when I went to use fertility on a dragon I was using to create a lineage (spent ages finding the correct mate for it, so I was impatient) and accidentally clicked breed (because I was exited about breeding and went into auto-pilot) instead of fertility and ended up breeding it by accident before I noticed I was on breed, not fertility. D= Then had to wait for 7 days for it to breed again, and the pair refused!

So yes, I support this.

YES, please!

I remember a time when I went to use fertility on a dragon I was using to create a lineage (spent ages finding the correct mate for it, so I was impatient) and accidentally clicked breed (because I was exited about breeding and went into auto-pilot) instead of fertility and ended up breeding it by accident before I noticed I was on breed, not fertility. D= Then had to wait for 7 days for it to breed again, and the pair refused!

So yes, I support this.

But would an extra pop up really slow you down? It just seems to me that if you're excited enough to click breed instead of fertility, you could click "OK" before you processed that it was for a breeding. Especially if it pops up every time. At that point, clicking "OK" would be totally autopilot, and wouldn't really slow many people down.

I don't think it would really be a bad thing, but I just don't think it would be terribly helpful. A little, definitely, but it wouldn't eliminate the problem.

Edit: I've never tried breeding on anything other than a computer, so I don't know about any issues with iPods or iPads. I could definitely see how this could help with that kind of problem.

Edited by hydrargyrum

I don't see this as an issue. I always check my breeding very carefully and tend to open up the view page of both dragons when on the action page.

I nearly bred the wrong seasonals twice, but luckily I check.

It's the same thing as abandoning, killing, BSAs- they might not always help, but they are useful.

No, no please, not unless it was 100% guaranteed to come with a way to turn it off once it was implemented. I breed like 30+ dragons a week and it would be really annoying to have to go through that pop-up for each one. What with breeding lists already being arranged to show previously-used mates at the top and only a week long penalty if you goof (which really isn't /that/ long, guys), I just don't think it's worth it to make breeding an even slower process than it already is.

Or I supposed if there's any opt in, you could do something like this:

Warn me when I'm about to breed:

Never (default)

Only for inbreeding

Always

NO WARNINGS about inbreeding.

There is nothing WRONG with it.

NO WARNINGS about inbreeding.

There is nothing WRONG with it.

Technically there is nothing wrong with misbreeding, either, but yet people still want to prevent it.

I'd prefer an anti-inbred warning more than a general breeding warning, honestly. By a lot. And the person who posted that shows it as simply a checkbox style option, so you wouldn't have to use that particular setting if you didn't want to.

An built-in inbred checker is more useful than mere misclick warnings. If you misclick, you already know that dragon isn't the one you want to breed with. Whereas if you're looking to avoid inbreeding, you either have to pull up each dragon's individual lineage to check or use an inbred checker on another site to ascertain you won't cause inbreeding. Pretty annoying.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

There is a long long thread about this. The consensus was that as there is nothing in the GAME against inbreeding and no-one should be deterred from it except BY CHOICE, as a warning implies that there IS something wrong with it, there shouldn't be one.

As you might say. I totally agree.

There is a long long thread about this. The consensus was that as there is nothing in the GAME against inbreeding and no-one should be deterred from it except BY CHOICE, as a warning implies that there IS something wrong with it,  there shouldn't be one.

As you might say. I totally agree.

You're acting like providing an inbred-checker option is some type of real-life stereotyping or something. Even if in-game there is nothing wrong with it, the fact is that there are players (and a fair number of players) who don't want to inbreed dragons. Accordingly it'd be nice if those players had a way to check faster than by having to pull up individual lineage pages or use an off-site checker.

If someone wants to inbreed dragons, they're going to do so whether or not there's a built in checker for them. And if someone is so impressionable that they will be eternally put off from breeding inbreds because the presence of an inbred-checker suggests it's undesirable, well then uh, those people are silly and I really don't care. If they want to be bossed around by the subtle implications of a simple in-game tool, than that's their problem.

Unless your concern is that people might think inbreeding has some negative effect because it's shown as a thing to check for--but that has a simple fix. Put in a little in-text description saying that inbreeding has no negative effects. If people are still confused, that giant forum button on the homepage exists for a reason.

And as mentioned, it would be a choosable option, so it wouldn't in any way slow down people running inbred lineages. Thus it is helping people who don't want inbreeding and not in any way harming those who do. There is nothing wrong with that, at all.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Confirmations are also really to stop other people from doing things with your dragons that you don't want them to. I don't think a confirmation will really make people double check that they're not misbreeding. Maybe the first few times it might, but probably not after that.

I completely agree with Socky about this one xd.png. If I misbreed something, it's my fault, and I don't think a conformation popup would stop misbreeding.

Unless it said "You're about to breed that CB Black with a 12th-gen inbred Spitfire! Nuuuu!" xd.png. That'd help me a lot tongue.gif.

I completely agree with Socky about this one xd.png. If I misbreed something, it's my fault, and I don't think a conformation popup would stop misbreeding.

Unless it said "You're about to breed that CB Black with a 12th-gen inbred Spitfire! Nuuuu!" xd.png. That'd help me a lot tongue.gif.

As impractical as a warning worded that way would be, I would find it incredibly adorable xd.pngD

But yes, that's where I see the most use. While it's a bit of a pain if you accidentally misbreed, I find it an even bigger pain when I found out that whoops what I thought was a perfect CB nebula mate is a fifty-times-over inbred 10th gen OTL

'Course, an inbred checker wouldn't eliminate all messy lineages, but from what I've seen you're more likely to encounter accidental past inbreeding in longer, random lineages than short controlled ones. xd.png;;

Sooo true! xd.png That would really help. A lot. Then again, such a "help tool" would hint that this kind of breeding is wrong for some reason. Which, within the game, it is not. *sigh* It would still be handy to have.

Edited by olympe