TJ09

2016-02-23 - Cafepress Store Closing

The Cafepress merchandise shop will be shutting down within the next week. It hasn't been seeing the love that it deserves, which stems in part from the fact that it lacks focus (throw a bunch of designs on a smorgasbord of products and see what happens) and the quality of the products themselves isn't all that good. This closure doesn't preclude the possibility of another source of Dragon Cave merchandise in the future, though there are no current plans in that space.

The link in the site navigation will be disappearing at some point (which frees up some space, perhaps for something else to use), and the merchandise designs subforum of suggestions will similarly be closed.

I've actually been waiting for such an action for a while. I'm sorry to see it go, but I completely understand this reasoning.

Is it still possible to order from the store before it shuts down? I would assume so, but I don't buy a lot from cafepress, actually.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Is it still possible to order from the store before it shuts down? I would assume so, but I don't buy a lot from cafepress, actually.

Yep. I don't think Cafepress cancels orders if I shut down/delete the store.

Might be worth looking into Society6, s'a pretty good website that offers very high quality items and products, the images used for the products would have to be drawn and sized exactly to their requirements, but I've been using it a while and their shirts and such are SO NICE.

/shrug/ I thought I'd chime in, it IS really sad to see the store go down, but understandable if it wasn't really getting any attention ;o;

If you ever decide to reopen a store, I've found that Zazzle is quite satisfactory in quality and doesn't require exacting specifications for the images, although it comes with the small problem of needing to manually add the image to products.

A shame, but not totally surprising. I hope this won't effect revenue in any way, but considering the reason for the closure I don't think that's a concern.

It is really sad, but it's no big surprise. I hope we will get a better store one day (may with some plushies <3).

^Plushies would be so fun. I'd buy like ten.

It is sad to see the store closing, I liked a lot of the shirts o: but alas, it happens and will give way to something new ^^

Edited by Holocast

It is really sad, but it's no big surprise. I hope we will get a better store one day (may with some plushies <3).

Plushies would be amazing!

Aww...

I'll treasure my BBW mug forever, then. smile.gif

Understandable reason, tho.

Completely understand the reason, but sad to see it go- excited to see future merchandise though! Especially if plushies are on the list wub.gif If there are those with talents in 3D modelling, making figures available via Shapeways (3D printing) can be another option to go.

Darn. I really wanted to get some of those dragon journals but haven't had the money thus far. Oh well. Hopefully any future merch shops will have this. Also plushies and figurines would be amazing! I love both and collecting my favorite dragons in both forms would be wonderful!

Completely understand the reason, but sad to see it go- excited to see future merchandise though! Especially if plushies are on the list wub.gif If there are those with talents in 3D modelling, making figures available via Shapeways (3D printing) can be another option to go.

Imagine the possibilities!

If there's ever another store, I hope it'll get some fresh/new designs, possibly featuring some of the newer dragons. The current set hasn't really sparked my interest ...

Sorry to see it go.

very sad indeed. I hope there is a new store. I would love to see how the plushies turn out.

Yay, first page. Good job to me.

Edited by MadameZ

To be honest, while it's sad to see it go, I'm not surprised that such an action was decided. But here's hoping that we shall again see a newer, better option some time in the future.

Especially the plushies, I would throw my money at you if you did a Shadow Walker plush

While it does make me sad, the fact that we could have another, better store (and plushies, as people have been saying rolleyes.gif ) makes me excited! Here's hoping for a nice new store opening soon!

EDIT: Woo, first page? This is a first.

Edited by Meg_752

The store and its merchandise never interested me much - but it is kind of sad to see such a long time feature go.

Here's hoping that a new store could be made with some newer dragons and updated merchandise (Would love to see removable stickers (like window clings) or decals for cars added)

Well, the offers in shop are... nice but not interesting for me. Far better pictures are in events, like bloodscaled dragon with kitens last chrismas. That was beautifull. If it weren't so small, I would use it as background for my PC.

I want to create some papercrafts of DC dragons. Maybe this would be bit more interesting than t-shirts?

Never even noticed we HAD a store...>_> (been here since '09)

But now that I've looked at the merchandise, I can see what was meant about things not in great quality.

I have honestly never bought anything from there, even though I knew/know that it exists. (Mostly because I don't have a credit card/any money)