octopi

Choice OOC

Hi, I got impatient, so this exists now. Talk about Choice here.

Personally, if you have something to say, I would really prefer if you could do so in the official chat - it's significantly easier for me to respond in chat form, and I'm usually there during the afternoon and evenings. However, the nature of chatzy is such that information becomes unobtainable fairly quickly, so important announcements will be made both here and in chat, and you won't miss too much if you can't check in there regularly.

Reverse FAQ

(Questions that haven't been asked, but considering what people have done so far, probably should be)

Pokemon Centers and Marts: Marts do not exist; instead, Pokemon Centers have a counter for selling goods, like in XY.

Shifter appearance: this is more of an interesting side note, but I get the impression that most of you haven't really considered this: on entering the game, players’ original appearances are altered specifically so that they would be unrecognizable to people who know them. This is why no shiny players are allowed; it would be obviously recognizable and changed on entry. I'm having a load of fun imagining all your thin willowy characters as huge and beefy and vice versa behind the scenes here, because that's most likely the case. Just thought you should know.

Shifter moves: as stated in the OP, shifters can use moves in human form, but they are vastly weakened. For example, Flamethrower can serve as a handy lighter, and Hydro Pump would let you pretend you have a low-pressure hose hidden up your sleeve. Pokemon are used to moves at full power, and probably would not even register that they're being attacked when a shifter does this to them.

Shifting: the actual process is visually similar to evolution as depicted in the anime - light surrounds the shifter as they change form.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

At this point, I'm just kind of waiting for someone to take the opportunity to actually notice Gaes. Possibly Lambert (due to proximity) or Pooch (due to sharp senses). And Gaes is now partially leaning out from behind the plant.

Well I mean I think everyone is kind of distracted by the small pink pile of human on the floor there, pfft. Where is Gaes' plant, actually? Is it behind the counter?

@Raptor: plot stuff is planned to happen at one of the roads, not the Center, so if you move Chompers back to where he was before, we'll write you an interaction. Also: 1. could you clarify which road Zoey is supposed to be on, and 2. how does Chompers... know what writing is supposed to be?

Yeah, behind the counter a bit. I figured that everyone would be distracted by Z after his transformation but there's a period of time before that when they're not. It's whatever people want to do though. If someone wants to notice Gaes, they can.

Disclaimer: Pi is witness that the basic plot of Vertia and its theme around fossils were created way before Chompers, along with the fact that it was planned to be the second town shifters visit. It was a complete coincidence that the Fossil shifter ended up there, and was not done on purpose.

Legends fanatic lady has been introduced and is now standing in front of Chompers. Poor dino needs someone to talk to that isn't flying snake.

uh, sorry, I'm here....I probably won't be able to post until tomorrow. Most days I am at work and the work's wifi is poop. So until I can be able to get to the library tomorrow, I'll type a post in my notepad. Huge apologies if anyone is waiting on me '^^

Raptor; since the Kabuto are inexperienced and Tama is at full health it's not yet a big issue, but remember for next time that as a Fire-type Pokemon, Tama is weak against Ground-type moves

Whoops...sorry, like I said in my PM, I was kind of in a rush sad.gif

Small note that we got the char sheets but can't properly review them until around 8pm.

also, just a quick thing, you might want to fix Chompers sheet. You left out his name

Notice:

Some information about the setting and shifters has been added to the first post. In case you guys don't feel like going through everything to check, here's what has been added:

Setting:

Welcome to Lamorak, an archipelago made of a giant island the size of Kanto and Johto put together with many smaller islands around it. Once upon a time the only common fauna were Pokemon hailing from Hoenn and Unova (and a few evolutionary lines from Sinnoh), but with trainers moving in and out and breeding the Pokemon they brought, nowadays you can find mostly any species if you know where to look. Small towns are incredibly more common than big cities, and transportation is mostly done by walking or riding on bicycles (or Pokemon) instead of using large vehicles due to the high density of trees in most areas. Pokemon Centers are everywhere, and Trainers can use their services for free; this includes healing their team, getting free food for themselves and their Pokemon, and being able to stay the night, though blankets must be returned the following day. Like in Unova, all Centers have a Poke Mart on the first floor, and the type of items for sale depend on the number of badges the customer has. Usually there are at least two people manning the Centers, one behind the main counter and one for the Mart - small towns sometimes have only one person in charge of both, though.

The main island tends to have a warm-to-tropical climate, while the smaller islands are… a bit more unique. You see, no one really knows why, but those islands can have climates that are drastically different from each other, especially the ones further away from the main island that can only be reached by 3-4 days on boat; we’re talking about perpetual blizzard islands and active volcano islands here. Some say it’s because of ocean currents, some say it’s because of special Pokemon that live there, and others just shrug and go on with their lives not needing an explanation.

We have no official map, so information on places will be added as they’re traveled to. Nurses and other workers are considered unimportant NPCs, so RPers can create and control them as long as it doesn't contradict anything they've done before.

Characters:

Shifters can evolve: however, they cannot evolve into a species there's already another shifter of. So if there's an Arbok shifter, an Ekans shifter won't be able to evolve. Upon evolution, the only thing that changes are the clothes; moves, body, hair and the rest remain the same. Players need GM permission to have their shifters evolve.

Edited by Puredark006

Note: I am off tomorrow, HOWEVER the library is also closed so I can't really post tomorrow if anyone is waiting on me. I can't control what the library does so please bare with me ^.^'

It's alright, not everyone can be connected all the time ^^

BTW, which route is Anhew at?

She is on the same route as Zoey, Jasper and the rest

Small note that Single battles are indeed used if the challenger picks to have one; they're just not the only mode that can be used

Ah, got it. I'll remember that for next time. I thought, from the dialogue, that singles were discounted as a possibility. happy.gif;

Small note that while it looks like we're moving each other's characters in the gym battle, in reality we're coordinating everything by chat, asking before every move to decide hits and misses, and rolling for things like status effects. So no bunnying is involved.

I need to wait for others to catch up before making a post ^.^ You guys went crazy with your posts lol

Most of it's just the gym battle, aha.

(I was witness to the dice rolls and RNG seems to hate me as much as the time I got Sheer Colded 3 times in an online battle…)

Edited by TehUltimateMage