prairiecrow

The Bragging Thread!

Hello all:

As per SockPuppetStrangler's suggestion/permission over in another (now closed) thread here on the GD forum, this is a place to talk about things you're proud of, show off your best work, and post links to your journals/dA page/personal sites and so forth.

DC Achievements can be bragged about in the Congrats thread in Site Discussion: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=126734

I'll start with my own deviantART page:

http://prairiecrow.deviantart.com/

and my Archive Of Our Own page, where my fic is stored:

http://archiveofourown.org/users/prairiecr...uds/prairiecrow

True story, re: my writing... I once had someone email me and basically say, "I started reading your (140k word) work in progress at 11 PM, thinking I'd just read a chapter or two since I had to work at 6 in the morning... it is now 2 AM and I can't stop reading Y U DO THIS TO ME YOU AMAZING WRITER U?" I felt rather bad on their behalf, but on the other hand, compliments really don't get much better than that, do they? biggrin.gif

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Been to Mount Everest (check my signature).

Just about to start my Nursing degree, having got a Masters in Mathematics (with Honours) already.

Have a wonderful woman in my life.

Accumulated over 3,000hrs voluntary work in four years (at least - I've lost count of some of it).

The first line of my psychological report reads thus: "Kestra is possessing of a superior intelligence."

I'v climbed mt. Fuji.

Walked a runway in NYC.

Lived on a tropical Island (Guam) and in Japan.

Painted Decepticon insignia on the bottom of 6 H-53's because transformers rock.

Painted Decepticon insignia on the bottom of 6 H-53's because transformers rock.

Pure win.

I don't think I've done very much to brag about, but...

- I got 3/5 prizes for the whole Year 6 class at our graduation assembly three years ago. biggrin.gif

- Never had a bad report.

- I beat my second cousin, who is supposed to be awesome with computers, at the computer olympiad. >3 I came second in the school! That felt good, haha.

Just small academic stuff that probably isn't even worth posting. But it's important stuff to me and I'm proud of it. smile.gif

Great stuff, guys! biggrin.gif I envy you your accomplishments! Climbing mountains, winning computer olympics and painting airplanes... wow! I'd love to be able to do any of those things!

(Another tiny one on my end: I've inspired various fan artists to create works of art based on my fan fiction. It's a little thing, but I'm always amazed when other artists decide that my work is worth riffing off of.)

- I'm proud of my fanfiction 'Azula Always Lies' in my signature.

- My various websites.

- My considerable writing/drawing skills.

- I'm proud that I rode Splash Mountain and Space Mountain (Disney World), two rides that had me once petrified.

- I'm proud of my grades.

-Straight A student

-Greatly skilled with a bow

-Can sketch really well

-Can play piano

Bahahaha.

OK, I guess I'll post some things.

I have a BA in Studio Art; one of my favorite media is lost wax bronze and I have sold a few sculptures. There are very few traditional art media I can't work with, though I am best with drawing and wax.

The Dragon Library has been up and active (off and on) since 1998. My website is older than some of you (and omg it looks it too) : )

I've co-written some adventure modules for Dungeons and Dragons 4e.

This may not sound like much to brag about, but it is an accomplishment: I have made it through two different 6-7 month prescription drug withdrawals. One was for an SSRI and the other for an anti-anxiety/anti-seizure medication. Having been through that, I feel like I have a very good idea of my limits and they are a lot farther than I thought they were.

I don't need a therapist.

In my family, that is an accomplishment...

I kept at martial arts until I got my black belt, despite setbacks that made it take almost a year longer than it should have.

Trained with and rolled with the winner of the first ever UFC, Royce Gracie.

Taught myself ukulele and achieved a proficiency that enables me to teach lessons.

Overcome fear of crowds enough to perform on stage in front of hundreds of people.

Managed to do pretty decently on my first acrylic painting.

Taught myself to do all the things my father should have taught me on my own without his help.

As of now, I'm not proud of anything I achieve. Even my supposedly good artwork is rapidly overshadowed by those thousands of other incredible works out there.

This is my digital art...Pretty poor

Please keep this thread to bragging, not putting yourself down. ^^

You guys have done some pretty cool things. I'll have to check the links out later. =o

• [1.] Received a full scholarship to attend graduate school

[2.] Met some of my favorite actors and got their autographs

[3.] Earned a dual degree in Criminal Justice and Geology

[4.] Own over 300 Hardy Boys novels. Some of them are from the 1920s

[5.] Taught myself to ride a bike when I was a kid

There are probably some more things I could brag about, but they escape me at the moment.

Edited by sheppardkid

I went through Marine Corps boot camp & made it to graduation when not even my recruiter thought I would make it.

Served as a military prison guard in a field that detested women entering it & proved I was just as good as the men.

Not much for me to brag about to be honest, but:

1. Got my GED with top scores.

2. almost done with my Bricklaying Pre-Apprenticeship.

3. Highly qualified for my job field. :3

And congrats to the above poster! biggrin.gif Had a similar experience in my pre-apprenticeship.

Edited by Mupen64 Man

My mind is blank. I can't think of anything... Maybe winning a basketball and hugging a basketball team maskot? (He sprayed me with silly string) Being awesome? xd.png Yah, I can't think of anything right now.. Hm.

I'm working out again and doing great. Just completed three circuits of this.

shades.png

~

Awesome, Siliskor! Wow, philpot123, that painting is just stunning. I love it. Kestra15, I've known about the Everest thing since it's been in your signature, but I don't believe I've said congrats yet! And I must mention that I'm jealous. I've always wanted to climb Everest, but I have done no training for it, making it hard to do so, lol. Wow, prairie, lovely arts. I especially like Sunset in the Badlands. Congrats and great job facing your fears, Skypool!

And congrats everyone else!

I've been told I'm an inspiration to another writer, and I've personally helped several people overcome biased and bigoted views of certain groups of people with my works.

I've convinced somebody who originally hated a specific type of subject matter to actually enjoy a specific variation of it through my writing.

(For those, I will not link to them here because of the nature of said subject matter.)

I suppose I'm proud of some of my art, too. Especially my pixel art.

Also some of my writing, be it fanfic, original fiction (small warning for violence, scary situations, and character death by soul being devoured by an unspeakable evil), original poetry or fan poetry.

(My DA is here, though it's not terribly active due to my using an alternate account that I will not link here due to the subject matter I post there. Fair warning to those who visit my DA--there's some language, some descriptions of blood and gore of varying degrees of graphicness, some same-sex pairings in writing and art, and some WTF-inducing stuff. It's nothing terrible, but I've seen people on DA throw huge fits over far lesser things that what I've got on my account. Just fair warning.)

Also convinced a lady to buy a subway cookie when she originally thought I was doing drugs. xd.png (I was crouched on the ground outside a store window eating my cookie, because it was the driest place around due to the rain.)

I'm working out again and doing great. Just completed three circuits of this.

shades.png

~

Awesome, Siliskor! Wow, philpot123, that painting is just stunning. I love it.

And congrats everyone else!

Nice! Bodyweight is pretty much the best stuff you can do to get in shape.

That reminded me of something else. I set personal goals and achieved them at one point of doing over 25 pullups and over 80 pushups. My max numbers were 27 pullups and 86 pushups. Buttt I sorta fell off the wagon. So I'm in the process of trying to get back up to where I was.

Also got a 32 on the ACT as a sophomore. I was pretty thrilled considering I just wanted a 19 to get into community college wink.gif

You guys have some fabulous art. For real.

I don't really have much yet (at least, not compared to climbing Everest!) due to my young age, but I have some achievements. I have a couple smaller ones like straight As and playing instruments but those don't really count. xd.png Now remember, all of this was done before the age of 14 years old.

~ I rode a stallion (horse) by myself at 4 years old

~ I helped steer a canoe on a flooded river when I was about 7 years old.

~ I climbed 3 of the 46 highest peaks in the Adirondack Park, NY (I don't even live in NY) and I'm hoping to climb many more.

~ I have 10 first place and 3 second place ribbons for horse back riding.

~ I did a lot of the idiot stunts involved in training *my own* young horse including leaning against its side and lying sideways across its back. He's now around 8 years old and is a well trained little guy.

~ I've been to Wales and Britain as well as Canada and most of the States

~ I was the only one ever in my gifted program at school to answer a certain question correctly on the Woodcock Johnson test

~ My IQ is 136

~ I scored in the 99th percentile on the Woodcock Johnson test in one of the sections (I can't remember which now)

I like to think its more than most people my age have done. rolleyes.gif

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl

~ I helped steer a canoe on a flooded river when I was about 7 years old.

This one reminded me of a couple of other things.

1. I survived being thrown out of a raft while white-water rafting. It was on a level 4 rapid, which is the 2nd most dangerous that they take groups on.

2. I came out of a head-on collision without a scratch (not so much a bragging thing as it is a blessing).

I fix my cracked 50 gallon aquarium with a glue gun today. Can't belive it that I got it to where it no longer leaks.