diaveborn

New Sprite General/Miscellaneous Discussion

Based on this post, this thread is in case people were late to the discussion in the new release threads or want to continue the discussion after they have been locked. This is for discussion about new release dragons in a more general way rather than the name ideas threads or breeding plan threads, and is only for after the new release news post gets locked.

Please check out the rules in the second post (updated 6 Feb 2014).

Sorry, I am not updating new release links any longer due to a change in my energy levels.

Previously released:

July 2014: Blue-Banded, Carmine, and Cassare

list of links

May 2014: Guardian of Nature Update

list of links

May 2014 release - Falconiform Wyverns and Frostbite Dragons

list of links

April 2014 release - Glaucus Drakes and Howler Drakes

list of links

March 2014 release - Brutes and Fever Wyverns

Release thread (news forum post) - list of links

Radient Angels - 2014 Valentine's dragons

Links:

Release thread (news forum post)

Calendar of Valentine event / old breeding / new release

event/breeding/release schedule (news forum post)

Naming plans thread

Breeding plans thread

Solstice dragons

Links:

release thread

naming thread (news forum)

breeding plans thread

Edited by diaveborn

To avoid getting this thread closed as a duplicate, please adhere to the following:

* This thread is only for discussion of new releases after the new-release post in the news forum is closed.

To check if it's okay to post here, go to this forum section and see if the latest release post with the appropriate date has been closed by a mod.

Closed topics will have the "locked topic" icon, and the last post will be a close notification by the mod who closed it.

* If you've talked about stuff in the new release news post, don't duplicate it here.

Of course if there's a discussion here you'd like to join in, feel completely free to do that even if you participated in the news post as well. I just mean don't post here only to say a little something that you've already said.

* Also, if you have name ideas or breeding plans to talk about please go to the threads for those, which usually happen in the site discussion forum soon after a release (and will be linked in the first post when I see them).

I'd like this thread to stay a happy and positive place! To that end:

* This thread is mostly for discussion of the new sprites. But it can also be about your experience with the new release. This can include things like how you weren't able to get any due to timing, but if stuff like that ends up collectively over time having a largely complaining tone I might revisit this. (To avoid seeming complaining, say things with a matter-of-fact tone, and include, if you can, other discussion about the sprites themselves.)

* Please do not complain about other users, mention greed or anything of the sort, etc. People are free to fill their egg slots whatever way they choose, and saying otherwise is not appropriate here.

* Although I'm not aware that this will get the thread closed as a duplicate, I feel it belongs in suggestion threads and not here to talk about how new releases/the communication about new releases/etc could be different.

Thanks for reading and have fun with the new releases!

Edited by diaveborn

I think this is a good idea. Is this thread also meant for future new releases or will we have a new thread with each new release?

In the last case, I think it might come handy to adjust the thread name to include the name of the new breed, in this case the Solstice. Of course, as long as the new breed name isn't known yet, this would be hard to do. Then the name has to be included in the description later on smile.gif

Good iniative!

I think this is a good idea. Is this thread also meant for future new releases or will we have a new thread with each new release?

In the last case, I think it might come handy to adjust the thread name to include the name of the new breed, in this case the Solstice. Of course, as long as the new breed name isn't known yet, this would be hard to do. Then the name has to be included in the description later on smile.gif

Good iniative!

The idea (I have been following this suggestion) is that whenever we get a new breed, we come here to talk about it but preferably not just to post "oh squee I want an army," kind of biggrin.gif

That's a perfect idea!

Well, while we're on the subject: I love the Solstice thinking! Yes, I know it's not only Solstice, but the description Odeen gave us is a nice reference to not only concentrate on modern day Christmas, but also other references of similar times.

I love it that we've got a dragon that reminds us of more than just the modern day consumerism of Christmas smile.gif

And the colorsetting is beautiful! The aurora borealis has been mentioned earlier. I think that's a perfect setting for this time of the year!

Thanks again, Odeen and JaziandCo for creating this dragon!

That's a perfect idea!

Well, while we're on the subject: I love the Solstice thinking! Yes, I know it's not only Solstice, but the description Odeen gave us is a nice reference to not only concentrate on modern day Christmas, but also other references of similar times.

I love it that we've got a dragon that reminds us of more than just the modern day consumerism of Christmas smile.gif

And the colorsetting is beautiful! The aurora borealis has been mentioned earlier. I think that's a perfect setting for this time of the year!

Thanks again, Odeen and JaziandCo for creating this dragon!

I couldn't agree more; I just regret the word "Christmas" in the generic description. I would like to see that gone from them all so that every single December dragon could be either obviously Christmassy (name and appearance) or definitely not, like.

But the dragons are STUNNING! I can't wait to breed them - except that I can't yet decide what to ! I love how they are almost transparent, too.

These are my favourite Holiday dragons so far. And the alts are incredibly stunning! My dream is to get a dragon with the alts in its lineage. biggrin.gif

These are my favourite Holiday dragons so far. And the alts are incredibly stunning! My dream is to get a dragon with the alts in its lineage. biggrin.gif

Are there pics posted anywhere of the Alts?

I'd rather not go look at the spriter's scroll, assuming it's not hidden, because if it's visible and everyone does it, Sick dragons would become a possibility.

Are there pics posted anywhere of the Alts?

I'd rather not go look at the spriter's scroll, assuming it's not hidden, because if it's visible and everyone does it, Sick dragons would become a possibility.

They're on the Solstice's wiki page. But I agree. The colors are absolutely beautiful and they're one of my favorite holidays... the alts are to die for. I also like how they're wintery without screaming Christmas like some of the Christmas dragons we've had in the past.

Dang it, ninja'd by Ruby. ninja.gif

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Could I get some advice? edit: matter resolved :)

I had originally thought to have this thread be only for discussion after the new release thread had been closed. But it seems like people want to have a place for more in-depth discussion when the release thread is open as well, and I really like that idea! But since I want to avoid spoilers until the adults are on my scroll, and that usually takes until after the new release thread is closed, I probably won't be around here until after that thread is closed.

But I am thinking there might be a problem. I was going to add some rules to the first post. Because I don't want anyone thinking they can bring in all their "everyone's hoarding the new release oh no they're so awful" or their more justified, but not appropriate for an in-depth discussion about sprites, "I wish releases were or communication was more like X, Y, or Z."

So my question would be, if I'm not around and there's stuff going on in the thread, if there are any problems (I don't want to be pessimistic but I do want to be prepared) then what happens? If I'm around I can probably PM the person with a nice reminder or request to edit their post (I think that's allowed on the forum?) but if I'm not, I obviously can't.

I think the options are

* I could be around the whole time (but for me, the thread came out of the idea of not wanting to know stuff about the sprites until they were on my scroll)

* not have the thread open until after the new release thread is closed (which I would rather not do, as I think it would be fantastic to have discussion as soon as the dragons were released)

* have people deal with whatever happens when I'm not here (which if there aren't a lot of problems would be fine, but again I'd like to be more prepared)

* ask someone else to be a co-mod of the thread (which I would be fine with, but don't want to put that on anybody else because I don't imagine it would be fun to be a co-mod who was around just in case there were problems)

* just wait and see what happens, because there might not even be any problems at all and I could just be overthinking everything

If anybody really wants to be a potentially disciplinary co-mod - or if we can think of other things a co-mod could do and be excited about - then let me know :) Or if there are other solutions to the issue that I'm not thinking of, or one of the solutions I mentioned strikes you as a good idea, let me know that too!

Edited by diaveborn

My concern would be that if this thread is discussing what is already being discussed in a new release thread when it is open is that this thread would then be a duplicate of the new release thread.

edit: If this thread becomes a duplicate of the new release thread it would most likely be closed

Edited by rubyshoes

Ohh, yes that makes so much sense! I think even having some in-depth discussion would be pretty duplicating. So when I update the OP I'll add that this is for after. (And personally I'm not disappointed in the slightest, as the reason I thought it would be really great to have it open right after the release was to give others what I gathered they wanted.) Thanks so much for the reply!

Ohh, yes that makes so much sense! I think even having some in-depth discussion would be pretty duplicating. So when I update the OP I'll add that this is for after. (And personally I'm not disappointed in the slightest, as the reason I thought it would be really great to have it open right after the release was to give others what I gathered they wanted.) Thanks so much for the reply!

You're welcome. smile.gif

Most likely closing of new release threads will be by me and I can always link to this thread and possibly bring it back to the front page when I close the new release threads.

Edited the first two posts to include rules/guidelines. I probably messed up something or other so let me know :) Also if the blue formatting doesn't work for someone please let me know that too.

Ooooh yay! Mine haven't gendered yet so I'm still waiting to see what the s2 and adults look like. I'm pretty excited! biggrin.gif

Well this time I was late in discovering the new release. Thought I would check here first and as I suspected there were new eggs for March. This has to be the fastest yet that I garnered the newbies. Got two of each in a matter of 5 minutes. They look awesome. Used my pinks to influence them as a pair. Thanks TJ for them. smile.gif

So glad you were able to get them!

I like that these two were released together because the colors look so good together - when I picked up my eggs they looked so good on my scroll :D

Wow! Fevers got released? I did not see that coming... It is at this point that I must brag about coming up with the original idea. I mean, I only came up with the concept and drew a couple of sketches (which weren't very good), and then artists and spriters took it from there, but still... I never get to brag about anything. I'm seizing this opportunity!

Oh congrats!! That's so awesome :D:D

When I first saw the description I thought it was quite interesting - definitely it is something to brag about! :D

Wow! Fevers got released? I did not see that coming... It is at this point that I must brag about coming up with the original idea. I mean, I only came up with the concept and drew a couple of sketches (which weren't very good), and then artists and spriters took it from there, but still... I never get to brag about anything. I'm seizing this opportunity!

Congrats! What fun to see it be released. o3o