angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Make Neglecteds capable of breeding

It occurs to me that two of the arguably rarest dragons of the cave are unbreedable. You go through a lot of work to obtain them (either through sheer dogged patience in the GoN's case or a ton of time and effort investment for Neglecteds) and then get these dragons that just... sit around and look pretty. Which is alright, I guess, but I feel they should be more valuable than that.

Thus I suggest GoNs and NDs (except ungendered) become breedable, except like frills and out-of-season holidays, they can never ever produce eggs of their own type.

That way people who had worked hard to obtain those rares would actually get something in return for their hard work. I know that people will sometimes trade pretty things like CB blacks or CB stripes in exchange for common 2nd gens from spriter's alts or CB metals or CB hollies or the like. Hopefully the same thing would occur here. smile.gif

The primary arguement I'm imagining against this is the arguement that Neglecteds might be too weak to breed, but ehhh, if we can do crazy things like breed deep water serpent dragons to flying fire breathing dragons, then I don't think strict logic is neccessary here.

As for GoNs, I guess you could say they're too busy guarding nature to breed? But that still feels like a shallow answer...

~Sock removed her original edit since it was incorrect information~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I would love this idea so much- for what it's worth you have my support smile.gif

ND's aren't nearly as rare as people make them out to be. Hollies are much rarer because they can only make new Hollies once a year. People can make ND's any time. I don't think it's necessary for them to breed really. It makes more sense for them to not breed since they're sick and all. And GoN's are supposed to be very rare. It is like that by design. Having them breed would defeat the purpose or that altogether.

This would be really cool, and I would love it this could happen. It could make some really awesome lineages. Although I think logic works against us. Neglecteds are supposed to be very weak, and I think the point is that they didn't develop properly. As for GoNs, I've sort of thought of them as asexual beings. They were created by magic, after all. Even with logic against it, I still think this would be awesome.

ND's aren't nearly as rare as people make them out to be. Hollies are much rarer because they can only make new Hollies once a year. People can make ND's any time. I don't think it's necessary for them to breed really. It makes more sense for them to not breed since they're sick and all. And GoN's are supposed to be very rare. It is like that by design. Having them breed would defeat the purpose or that altogether.

Yes, but they wouldn't ever breed their own kind, just the partners. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for this to happen, GoN looks so nice next to certain dragons. smile.gif

EDIT: Even if Neglected dragons are too week to breed, I see no reason why GoN's can't.

Edited by Drawin

It doesn't change GoN's ratios if they can only breed like frills.

EDIT: ninja.gif

Edited by Snowytoshi

As a person with GoNs and a few NDs I... really like this idea ^^ I would love to make a ND/White lineage.

But I wonder, how ungendered NDs would breed xd.png Would they be able to breed with both males and females?

As a person with GoNs and a few NDs I... really like this idea ^^ I would love to make a ND/White lineage.

But I wonder, how ungendered NDs would breed xd.png Would they be able to breed with both males and females?

I would expect that if it was to be implemented, that ungendered ones wouldn't get the option. I mean .. they don't have anything .. how would they? xd.png

Actually, GoN are rather like the "gods" of the dragon world. So, gods don't breed with mortals, right?

... *thinks about Zeus. And most of the rest of the Greek and Roman gods and goddesses... and the Norse gods... and...* um. Well, so anyway, that's the thinking behind them not breeding. Because they're gods.

As for ND's I think the thinking is that they're too weak, and too bad tempered.

I'm not actually opposed to this idea. In fact, I was pretty disappointed that GoN can't breed like out-of-season holiday dragons. Just saying what I know of the thinking behind the way it is now.

For what it's worth - not mine. What would be the point ?

Also it feels a bit like trying to breed with some supernatural being, in a way. They are too special for all that stuff.

Actually, GoN are rather like the "gods" of the dragon world. So, gods don't breed with mortals, right?

... *thinks about Zeus. And most of the rest of the Greek and Roman gods and goddesses... and the Norse gods... and...* um. Well, so anyway, that's the thinking behind them not breeding. Because they're gods.

actually, the "gods" did breed with mortals or we wouldn't have Perseus or Hercules-

I'd rather that programing time went towards allowing more of us to get one before we die! rather than allowing them to breed--

I don't like this that much, for either dragon. (And not because I don't have either of them! xd.png)

Since the GoN is based off of the Pokemon Lugia, and it can't breed (In the games. Curse you, horrible anime, defying the game rules.), I think that the GoNs should be a legendary prize to show your efforts of forever summoning, hoping to see the mysterious egg in your cave. (Like you have to hike through the Whirl Islands with your Kanto Bird trio to find Lugia. Catching the legendary is a reward for your efforts of beating all 16 gyms in Johto and Kanto. I'm such a Pokemon nerd.)

As for the NDs... I saw someone bring up a good point that they would be too weak to breed. And what would happen with the unknown gender? Not being able to breed?

As for ND's I think the thinking is that they're too weak, and too bad tempered.

I'm not actually opposed to this idea. In fact, I was pretty disappointed that GoN can't breed like out-of-season holiday dragons. Just saying what I know of the thinking behind the way it is now.

I still repeat the example of how we can breed deep sea dragons without limbs to six-limbed fire dragons. If stuff like that can happen I think it'd still be possible for these guys to breed, no matter how special (or sick xd.png) they are.

A few other examples of in-cave logic defiance: despite being covered in an ooze that causes burning to anyone who touches it, turpentines are able to breed with any other standard dragon. Despite golden wyverns preferring to mingle with other dragons of their color, they will happily breed with any color of dragon in the books. And so on and so on... X'D

@ Natli: I agree with Drawin in that ungendered Neglecteds just wouldn't be able to breed at all. smile.gif

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Also it feels a bit like trying to breed with some supernatural being, in a way. They are too special for all that stuff.

[¶35.] The catalogue consists of a series of pairs. First are mortal women who bear mortal children: Dia, the wife of Ixion (317-18), mother of Peirithoös, and Danae, the daughter of Akrisios, mother of Perseus (319-20). Each heroine is clearly identified by a family affiliation, although in the case of Dia, not by name. The heroes themselves, the sons of Zeus, are clearly named. Next come Minos and Rhadamanthys, sons of Europe, the daughter of Phoinix (321-22). Again, the heroine is identified only by family affiliation--here a patronymic and the names of her sons. She is mortal, as are her sons. They do, however, live on in the Underworld as judges, a position that allows them a share of power and thus a special relation to death. The next pair, Herakles and Dionysos, are introduced in chiastic order after the names of their mothers, Semele and Alkmene (323-25). These two are the paradigmatic examples of mortals who cross the divide to divinity, although they are represented very differently in the tradition, which stresses the mortality of Herakles and the immortality of Dionysos. These divine offspring lead to the final pair.

I'd like to clarify this for everyone who has/will post something about not wanting them to bypass to system on getting these special breeds by breeding: (from the first post)

"THEY CAN NEVER PRODUCE EGGS OF THEIR OWN TYPE"

So that can't be a point people should bring up.

Too be honest, I agree with Neglected dragons not breeding, but I would really like to see the GoN's breed. They would look really nice in lineages, and just because they are some type of 'God', which I have never heard of before anyway, doesn't mean they can't breed with normal dragons. Ever heard of Hercules and the rest of the Demi-Gods?

However, I wouldn't want it being easy to get a lineage out of them, I would want it being a challenge, like getting them in the first place. wink.gif

From what I can remember... Zeus turned into an ox, and created Hercules with a mortal...and his wife (Hera) got so angry she mad Hercules kill all his family, then he had to do the tasks. But lets just say he got about a lot. alot.png (I had to do that tongue.gif)

I disagree with GoN breeding...its may just be me, but they are the result of time and patience, a bit like a trophy dragon? I'd rather keep them like that.

Fine with neglecteds breeding though smile.gif

EDIT: Urgh! Whats happening to my grammer?

Edited by Emeraldmay

I fully support, I have always wanted to have NDs and GoN's in lineage pages, they'd be so pretty! biggrin.gif

I'd like to clarify this for everyone who has/will post something about not wanting them to bypass to system on getting these special breeds by breeding: (from the first post)

"THEY CAN NEVER PRODUCE EGGS OF THEIR OWN TYPE"

So that can't be a point people should bring up.

Too be honest, I agree with Neglected dragons not breeding, but I would really like to see the GoN's breed. They would look really nice in lineages, and just because they are some type of 'God', which I have never heard of before anyway, doesn't mean they can't breed with normal dragons. Ever heard of Hercules and the rest of the Demi-Gods?

However, I wouldn't want it being easy to get a lineage out of them, I would want it being a challenge, like getting them in the first place. wink.gif

But they could only ever be in the first gen, so it wouldn't be THAT pretty....

(Yes I know my breeding with gods history, but still. No from me, just the same. Not that I HAVE one - see sig sad.gif)

I think that the GoNs should be a legendary prize to show your efforts of forever summoning, hoping to see the mysterious egg in your cave. (Like you have to hike through the Whirl Islands with your Kanto Bird trio to find Lugia. Catching the legendary is a reward for your efforts of beating all 16 gyms in Johto and Kanto. I'm such a Pokemon nerd.)

you don't need the bird trio in the games to capture lugia; in silver version you can go to the whirl islands when you receive the silver wing (in soulsilver the clear bell also), likewise in gold. in gold though, you receive the silver wing from some man in pewter town, but you don't need all 16 badges. the summoning thing on DC came from the movie 2000...

ANYWAYS, my opinion...neglecteds shouldn't breed; i believe they are too weak and their bad health has rendered them sterile.

for GoNs, i see no problem letting them breed...one can argue the 'god' & 'mortal' thing, but honestly then they should be difficult to breed with other dragons. like more refusals/no egg thing. like turps.

EDIT; typos!

Edited by lightningsky

But they could only ever be in the first gen, so it wouldn't be THAT pretty....

(Yes I know my breeding with gods history, but still. No from me, just the same. Not that I HAVE one - see sig sad.gif)

Well, not really.

You could breed, say for example, CB Gold Male x GoN GoN, you produce a gold egg after a few tries. Next, you can breed that egg with your other GoN, thats a 2nd gen staircase. You could then, say, trade that egg to someone and they will continue the staircase. This type of thing is done with limited holidays, and yes, even if I could only make a 2nd gen, I'd still think it's beautiful. happy.gif

What's the point of doing anything on DC? To have fun, of course! wink.gif

Yes, for even-generation lineages they'd only ever be able to be in the first generation of lineages, but--so can frills and old pinks nowadays, and that hasn't stopped people from making some very pretty lineages with them.

And as Drawin' has pointed out, staircases would allow them to be used in quite long lineages. :3

As for the supernatural thing, I've pointed out the places where certain breeds already defy logic in their breeding patterns, and other people have pointed out how some celestial beings are fond of flirtin' with mortals, so I still don't think that's a good enough reason to prevent them from breeding.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Hehe, that's what I always think when I hear "they don't breed because they're god-like". The other thing I've been told is "they don't breed because they're like legendary pokemon", which always reminds me of Manaphy and Zoroark...

Unfortunately, however, the creator of the GoN is against them breeding, so that's not going to happen. And, knowing TJ, he won't agree to make NDs breedable, either. sad.gif

(Although an even-gen checker with neglecteds and something else might be pretty interesting to create, for the die-hard ND fans. For, even if you cannot breed neglected eggs, you could neglect the egg of an ND in the hope of turning it into another ND.)