TJ09

2016-04-14 - Moderator Applications

It's been over three years(!) since the last time the site took on new moderators. Applications for forum and chat moderator positions are now open. To apply, send me a PM explaining why you think that you are a good fit for your position of choice. Applications will be read by both myself and the other moderators, so keep that in mind.

Requirements:

• Don't post here with your application. Posts don't magically turn into PMs.
  • Please include the section you're applying for in the subject of the PM or it may be misfiled or ignored.
  • You must be at least level 4. (that is, have at least 200 posts in sections where posts count)
  • Being on good terms with the current mods (especially those in the section you're applying for) is a plus.
  • You must have at most a current warn level of 10%. Past warn history will be taken into account, but it won't hurt you too much.
  • Application Deadline: Midnight EST, May 1, 2016.
The positions:

Help Moderator

Help moderators are in charge of the flood of help questions that need to be quickly answered. They also have to deal with the suggestions forum and do almost everything involving Dragon Requests (including but not limited to approving new requests, moving requests to completed, and updating the progress list).

Site Discussion Moderator

Site Discussion mods are responsible for a pretty varied set of forums. There's Site Discussion proper, Introductions (which need approval and subsequent greeting), a few focused subforums, and (last but not least), the fast-paced, whirling News section.

Half-op (Chat)

Half-ops are, as their name implies, less than full "chat mods," but still have most of the same powers in the DC IRC channel(s). They are responsible for maintaining order in the chat and upholding its rules.

Description Moderator

No guarantees that this will pan out into anything! That said, it'd be good to have a pool of people "on file" to draw from if I decide to do something in the near-ish future. Special criteria to think about are: general fluency with the English language and ability to articulate clearly, existing dragon descriptions (approved or unapproved), history of user description moderation (including accuracy thereof).

I know I don't currently qualify to apply for any of the positions since I am behind by a few posts ( If I could it would be for description moderator) but I have a question...

The 200 posts, what is considered a section that counts? What section(s) does this exclude?

Edit: lol don't worry I won't spam

Edited by jessabelleanna

The 200 posts, what is considered a section that counts? What section(s) does this exclude?

The sections that don't add to your posts are labeled as such in their descriptions: forum games, freeform RPs, ask-a-mod. Please don't spam posts just to reach your goal, though. ^^

Since descrip mod isn't a forum position, post count is a little less important there, although it does allow us to help get to know you.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I think I'll probably try applying this time :3 but probably when I'm not as tired as I am at the moment xd.png

Edited by mo7

history of user description moderation (including accuracy thereof).

Could someone please explain what this entitles? I'm not quite sure I understand it.

If I have never modded this part, I wouldn't know about this, correct? So would there be some place to look it up? Like a note-pad for those who do the modding of the descriptions?

*scatches head a bit forlorn*

Good luck everyone who applies! I am actually kind of excited to see who the new mods are. You know, when we see them smile.gif

Also I really hope we get some description moderators! That would be awesome!!

Huh, Description mods. Sounds fun, very fun.

I wish luck to all applicants!

Could someone please explain what this entitles? I'm not quite sure I understand it.

If I have never modded this part, I wouldn't know about this, correct? So would there be some place to look it up? Like a note-pad for those who do the modding of the descriptions?

This means you take time to review user descriptions, or at least have in the past. And presumably provided useful criticism to help members fix their descriptions or let mods know it was good to go.

On the main site, if you go to "Account" and then to "Review User Descriptions" normal players can help moderate other player's dragon description proposals. TJ is probably saying he's looking for people who are familiar with, and use this feature smile.gif

Oh, is it possible to apply for more than one position?

Kinda want to help out as a mod but I don't think I qualify for anything nor get picked.

(Best wishes to the members who do apply)

Good luck everybody! I'm not sure I'll submit anything but this is still awesome for all those interested! biggrin.gif

(To be fair I'm interested, but I'm just not sure I'll have the time ovo"")

EDIT: Hah, didn't realize I didn't have 200 posts, so I guess that makes up my mind!

Edited by missy20201

I might apply for Description Moderator, not exactly sure, but everything else I can't do at this time since I have no internet at the house and I'm limited to the library.

Im going to try for the description moderator and maybe help. Im going to be having a big move that might take about 3 weeks to get settled from, in may. I hope that will not disqualify me.

three years since the last mods!! I had no idea it was that long ago.... ohmy.gif good luck to all the other applicants!

Good luck to everyone! So excited to see them open and know lots of great people and cannot wait to see how it goes for everyone. Just because you may not be certain or shy, you shouldn't hold off on applying. Especially considering how rare these re-open. If it doesn't work out, at least it shows interest in case something else comes up in the future.

I wish you all the best! I appreciate all the work current mods and future mods, and even active players do to keep this a great game!

(Most Hyped about seeing that Potential Description Moderators... good luck my awesome Description Buddies!!)

Edited by natayah

Description Moderator

No guarantees that this will pan out into anything! That said, it'd be good to have a pool of people "on file" to draw from if I decide to do something in the near-ish future. Special criteria to think about are: general fluency with the English language and ability to articulate clearly, existing dragon descriptions (approved or unapproved), history of user description moderation (including accuracy thereof).

Fingers crossed that it DOES pan out into something! I know a lot of us have been hoping for dedicated description mods to deal with that ridiculous queue, so I'm excited to see a potential hint like this. biggrin.gif

(Personally I haven't reviewed in a loooong time since I went on hiatus and then felt discouraged to start again until a change in the system occurred to smooth everything over. But now I'm feeling better about it!)

I might apply but I'm a little concerned that I wouldn't sell myself well in the application. Oh well. Might try anyway! smile.gif

I think I'll apply again! One quick question, though: can we apply for more than one position?

Well, I considered applying. Then I looked at my warn history - and decided against it. xd.png

We need an army of Description Moderators, TJ have mercy.

....anyhow good luck to those who apply!