angelicdragonpuppy

Checker Database Center

--- Welcome to the Checker Database Center! ---

-----> Database <-----

---> Add your lineages here <---

Please add dragons using the official dragon encyclopedia names for them. The only exceptions are Christmas dragons (which will be listed as Hollies, Yulebucks, Snow Angels (Gold, White, Tricolor), Ribbon Dancers, Winter Magis, Wrapping Wings, Solstices, Mistletoes, and Aegises respectively) and Western / Eastern Prizes (which will be listed as Tinsels and Shimmers respectively). For dragons with multiple forms, specify the type in parentheses after, for example Copper (Green), Pyralspite (Pyrope), Ridgewing (Tan). For dragons with additional classifications, such as Sunsong Amphiteres or Hellfire Wyverns, simply list the first word of the name (for example Sunsong and Hellfire respectively). The only current exception to this is breeds which share their names with others; for example, Golden Wyverns will be listed as such to prevent confusion with Golds.

Adding checker dragons that don't have mates yet? Put "NEEDED" in the empty mate cell, or "TBA" (for To Be Added) if you have already made arrangements to get or breed a mate.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

FAQ Section

Q: What is this place?

A: The Checker Database Center (or CDC wink.gif) is for those who are crazy about checker lineages! It's a place where everyone can add their checker lineages to a single database to make swapping, trading, and gifting easier for all. The easier it is to find checkers, after all, the easier it is to keep making them--and isn't that what we're here for?

Q: So what's a "checker," exactly?

A: While some people have slightly different interpretations, for the purposes of this thread a checker is an even gen lineage where all the males are of a single sprite of one breed and all the females are of a single sprite of a different breed.

Examples: http://dragcave.net/lineage/zIUeF http://dragcave.net/lineage/95zaE http://dragcave.net/lineage/zgh8k

Q: Sounds cool! So how do I join?

A: Joining is as simple as adding your dragons to the "add your lineages here" link in the main post. From there, I'll move them over to the final database, which as of right now only I can edit to prevent malicious behavior. There's no need to make a post saying you added them (though of course you can if you wish)--just go ahead and do it! You can also add info to the optional breeder's information form, where you can add details about your trading and gifting policies or other important info as you please.

Q: Sounds simple! But is there anything else I should know?

A: There are a few things you should know indeed!

1) Please don't add dragons that you aren't open to taking breeding or trading requests from. Your 7g Gold x Silver personal checker is probably totally awesome, but if you're not comfortable with any of the offspring leaving your scroll, then here's not the place to show it off. Don't get me wrong--it's perfectly fine to expect people to offer something in trade, especially for metallic or holiday lines (and you can specify such in the "notes" section!), but in general we want lines here to be accessible to other users working on similar checkers.

2) As of right now, we are not currently accepting anything that isn't a perfect, two-sprite, non-inbred checker: IE, nothing with hybrids, alts, or avatars, or alternating or multiple checkers. This may change in future, but right now I'd like to keep it simple.

To further clarify, here are some examples of what isn't accepted:

- http://dragcave.net/lineage/hk9LQ : Has different Snow Angel varieties, including Spriter's Alts.

- http://dragcave.net/lineage/caxx0 : Has both Bright Pinks and New Pinks instead of just one or the other.

- http://dragcave.net/lineage/eqhIF : Has both Alt Blacks and Blacks instead of just one or the other.

3) If you want to simply add offspring links without father / mother links, that's perfectly fine. You can also add checker dragons that don't have mates yet--simply put "NEEDED" or "TBA" in the other gender's field (whether that be mother or father) and leave the offspring field blank.

4) Speaking of adding incomplete checkers--if you'd like to update an existing entry, simply re-add your entry with the new information and write "UPDATE" in the note section alongside any other info you want to mention.

5) As mentioned above, and again in the interest of keeping things simple, there's no forms to be posted here. You simply add your dragons, and then directly contact anyone you're interested in swapping with or requesting from. It's that easy! smile.gif

MODS

(More or less, haha. PM us if you have any issues!)

- Angelicdragonpuppy

- Dirtytabs

BANNERS

YC3dYN4.png

NEWS

- 11/9/2017: A few breed name updates:

Two-Headed --> Split

Pygmy --> Common

Anddd hopefully that's everything I need for now! I got this idea from the Special Release Offspring Gifting Group (excellent place to find mates for your holiday dragons, right over here) and wanted to do something similar for checkers. I'm a full time working slave with low energy, however, so I wanted to keep things simpler over here by simply letting people add their own entries and do the swapping and gifting and stuff privately between users.

Current plans for the immediate future will probably include breaking up breeds alphabetically, or even by individual breed if we get that far, but for now we'll just see how it goes.

I'm also on the fence about letting people add checker dragons they HAVE, which they don't yet have MATES for. It would make it easier to see what people need help collecting, but at the same time I'm not sure I want to smother the database in lineages that aren't completed and ready to breed yet.

Edit: Gonna let unmated checker dragons in for now. If they start to outnumber the finished ones I'll remove them later. xd.png

Oh my, I really hope this takes off!

Just to confirm, we can only add checker that we can actually breed, not ones that we need as mates?

I love this idea! I usually struggle to find mates for my checkers so hopefully this'll make it much easier for everyone.

Edited by lovecats99

Thanks for the nice comments guys! Updated the spreadsheet just now--I'll probably just start doing it every few days after a while. smile.gif

@Sycamore: I was on the fence about it but I think it'll be alright. If you have an unnmated checker dragon go ahead and add it, maybe someone else can help you out ^^

Thanks for the nice comments guys! Updated the spreadsheet just now--I'll probably just start doing it every few days after a while. smile.gif

@Sycamore: I was on the fence about it but I think it'll be alright. If you have an unnmated checker dragon go ahead and add it, maybe someone else can help you out ^^

Nice! poptartFINALTINY.gif

Maybe they can be very clearly marked (maybe a new column with/without a star, or a red font, or something), so that it's super easy to ignore them if you're only scanning the list for things that people can actually breed.

Nice! poptartFINALTINY.gif

Maybe they can be very clearly marked (maybe a new column with/without a star, or a red font, or something), so that it's super easy to ignore them if you're only scanning the list for things that people can actually breed.

In my personal spreadsheets I highlight missing cells yellow... might do that, or red. We'll see. biggrin.gif

Lol, I did not realize people could edit in multiples at once, although it makes sense xd.png to not confuse anyone I'm going to update once a day maximum, probably in the evenings. Have fun guys, be careful not to accidentally type over someone else's entries smile.gif

(Presumably) added filters to the main doc; you can use the little drop down arrows on the headers to specify what you're looking for!

Lovely idea!! I'm going to add in the few checkers I can breed and keep the singles to myself (because right now, they far outnumber my breeding pairs lol)

I just want to clarify - no purebred, even-gen lineages are allowed in this, right? I've always understood checkers to be where male & female are of a different breed.

*carpaltunnel from adding all her checkers* xd.png Thanks for making this, ADP.

(Also, I added a purebred silver x silver line (it's my only purebred, haha), you may want to weed that out if you haven't already.)

*carpaltunnel from adding all her checkers* xd.png Thanks for making this, ADP.

(Also, I added a purebred silver x silver line (it's my only purebred, haha), you may want to weed that out if you haven't already.)

OoOoh I have a purebred silver x silver line (that's why I asked about the checker policy above). I'm going to PM about it, maybe we could do a bloodswap down the line smile.gif

I'm going through & adding my checkers now. Do dragons like this count? Mate is also a soulpeace.

Maybe I should go searching for an even-gen database in general rather than a perfect checker one lol

Thanks for adding, Pinkgothic. wink.gif Removed the silver x silver. I also pulled the Old Pink / Alt Black / Snow Angel variant ones because I'm trying to keep to consistent silvers without having to deal with all the many extra variables DC has to throw at us (as that would obviously making keeping the sheet organized more complex). Gonna go mention as such in the top post...

Ooh this is awesome! I don't have a lot of Checkers that are strictly two sprites that I actually have a pair of yet but will be more than happy to add the few ones I have. ;)

I'm also hopeful to have an easier time finding more people doing un/common checkers. *grins* I'd like doing a lot more of those (since all those commons need to be raised - and what's better than pairing them with each other and make beautiful checkers right? ;D ) but when looking at the trading boards and when people brag about their progress I mostly see pairings involving rares. *slight smile*

If I see other people doing fun combos it's a good inspiration too. ;)

ah guessing even gen lineages where the genders of the dragons flipflop used don't count right?

examples:

Example 1

example 2

Yah, not counting those either. I know there are a lot of gorgeous checker variations (trust me I have lots of 'em too xd.png) but there are simply SO MANY variants that it's much easier to just stick to the "male breed / female breed" format. Once you have to start adding notes about alternating or multiple checkers or alts or hybrids or spriter's alts the complexity and business of the database will start going up really quickly. >___<

I'm also hopeful to have an easier time finding more people doing un/common checkers. *grins* I'd like doing a lot more of those (since all those commons need to be raised - and what's better than pairing them with each other and make beautiful checkers right? ;D ) but when looking at the trading boards and when people brag about their progress I mostly see pairings involving rares. *slight smile*

If I see other people doing fun combos it's a good inspiration too. wink.gif

Honestly I think part of the reason for that is that rare x common pairings are sometimes EASIER than common x common pairings. I've been trying to get spirit wards from royal crimsons and I've currently got 100+ spirit wards to 1 royal crimson. Making gold x sunsong pairings is practically EASY in comparison. ;___;

Honestly I think part of the reason for that is that rare x common pairings are sometimes EASIER than common x common pairings. I've been trying to get spirit wards from royal crimsons and I've currently got 100+ spirit wards to 1 royal crimson. Making gold x sunsong pairings is practically EASY in comparison. ;___;

Yeah some pairings are just outright difficult. *chuckle* But I still need to raise a lot of un/commons before I feel like I 'deserve' a rare... >.> So I tend to focus lots more on those projects than the ones I have involving rares. :P And it would be awesome to have an easier time to find other people willing to breed to help out with those projects too. ;) I like seeing dragons in my lineages with other names than ones with my prefix. *lopsided smile* (seems so lonely if I've gotten too many generations and only my dragons are in there *chuckle*)

cool idea thumbs_up.png good thing that Holiday checkers can be added, I have lots of them *snort*

how about the "daytime" Solstice? does this variant not count either? example

cool idea thumbs_up.png good thing that Holiday checkers can be added, I have lots of them *snort*

how about the "daytime" Solstice? does this variant not count either? example

Yah, it doesn't, sorry ;A; there's a lot of near misses like that but again for simplicity's sake I want to keep out anything that would require additional explanation beyond "male x female = this gen checker"

Oops, sorry for adding A Whole Lot of Mony; I'd managed to miss that line in the rules. :B

I almost certainly have more that I will be adding once I feel less scatterbrained and can actually focus on wading through all the lineages I have.

Also: what about Stripe/other breed checkers? I'm assuming that they only count if the other breed only produces white Stripes?

I love this idea! But would it be easier to maybe separate holiday checkers from the other checkers?

Also, I was wondering if each user could maybe put a description for themselves about their naming system since some people use roman numerals while others may put "CB" or "2G" after their dragon's name and some may not have a system at all?

Also: what about Stripe/other breed checkers? I'm assuming that they only count if the other breed only produces white Stripes?

Hmm... I think they should be ok. You can't tell what a random Gemshard or Snow Angel will be in a given lineage, but you can always know Red x Stripe = Red Stripe, Water x Stripe = Blue Stripe, so what the checker will look like doesn't need explaining.