andromedae

The OA

Searched but couldn't find a topic for this yet. So, anyone here watch the Netflix original series The OA? I just binged and finished it up in 2~ days. It was pretty darn awesome, to say the least. Plays with some pretty interesting concepts concerning reality and alternate dimensions. So, slight spoilers, the ending had me rather intrigued, I like the way it was ambiguous, yet at the same time a revelation. It was always off-putting yet thrilling to see how OA always seems disconnected from reality at all times, and yet so aware, perhaps even knowledgeable. It was hard for me to discern whether she's completely insane or enlightened...or somewhere in the middle of that.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on the show? Theories? If you have a thing for sci-fi and a general aura of suspense, I highly recommend you check it out!

I can't believe no one is talking about this show. It is so good! Has anyone else seen it? Hit me up if you want to chat about it. I loved it. :D 

1 hour ago, StormWizard212 said:

I can't believe no one is talking about this show. It is so good! Has anyone else seen it? Hit me up if you want to chat about it. I loved it. :D 

I loved this show so, so much! One of my favorites so far, I really can't wait for the second season! 

What do you think the second season will be like? I'm struggling to figure it out. It was such a good stand alone series that I'm sort of in two minds about a second. But man, how intense was it?! It was so good. Left me with a million and one questions which is my favourite thing after watching a great show!

What I loved most about the show was likely the feel of being able to connect with a dimension that is beyond what we perceive through our physical senses. What will occur throughout the next season, I believe will answer open ended plot points such as what is to happen to Homer. I think the series will likely elaborate on a point relating to alternate dimensions and realities, and how OA can perceive them, receive information from them and discover the reasons why she has become the OA. 

@StormWizard212 What about you? What was your favorite part of the series, or what concept within it did you like best? Do you have any predictions?

Edited by andromedae

I kind of liked that those things were left up in the air and I'm not quite sure how I feel about getting too much resolution/closure to some of the questions. I find it really difficult to pinpoint what I liked best, though. Maybe the fact that there was this sense of coming together of people who were all broken in their own kinds of ways to create something bigger than all of their lives and their experiences. If that makes sense. The whole show was just a really cool concept! 

I'm not really looking for concrete solutions to the open ended plot points, but rather a few more hints that allow us to pinpoint possible answers depending on our perspective of the show. Or alternate endings would be cool, too. Enough information for theories, but not enough to solidify what's going on in truth, which would indeed ruin the show's characteristic ambiguity. I want to know more of what the OA knows, though! I feel as though she hasn't made it known - everything she's seen, why she thinks the way she does and what she does with how she manages to perceive the world in such a special way. I mean, we know much of her story but I feel like something's missing. I also want to know more about Khatun.

Edited by andromedae