Pages: (28) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

bring back cb prizes, or the raffle
CellyBean
Posted: Dec 13 2016, 12:33 PM

Level 8

Group: Members
Member No.: 226,258

okay so i havent seen a thread like this but if there is then im sorry.

what this thread is about is that reading through this forum is that there was no raffle last year meaning no new cb prize dragons given out.

i want the raffle to come back this year and the years after so that people can have a chance to get a cb prize OR AND WHAT I WOULD PREFER is that every one who participates in the christmas event gets a prize dragon no matter what for this year and all the years after

so it would look like this
i am active in the christmas event this year so i have an option from
-gold tinsel
-silver tinsel
-bronze tinsel
-gold shimmer
-silver shimmer
-bronze shimmer
all cb
next year if im active again i get the same choice however if i am not active then i dont get any prize dragon

thoughts?
VixenDra
Posted: Dec 13 2016, 12:40 PM

Level 7

Member No.: 216,820

I'd rather not have the raffles back, once they got stopped last year.

I personally like the 'took part in the Holiday event and finished all the tasks? you can choose your prize dragon, 1 per year". you know, so if you start an event you get a badge but if you also complete the event you get a Prize dragon of choice. This is just the only fair way of distributing such special dragons... raffles were only causing drama and frustration, especially as it was the ONLY way to get a CB Prize.

I'm not sure if I want CB Prizes on my scroll right now, after proceeding so far in expanding progenies of my current pairs I'm not sure if I'd let my work get wasted and replaced my current couples for CB couples (which would take 12 years to collect all the needed adults) but I'd still like the CBs to be available to everyone on equal requirements and without random luck.

This post has been edited by VixenDra on Dec 13 2016, 12:44 PM
kreepers_killer
Posted: Dec 13 2016, 12:42 PM

Level 4

Member No.: 213,720

It would be cool to have the raffle again, but I disagree for the idea that everyone can get a prize dragon. I'd keep the same system we had, so the dragons would still be rare.
CellyBean
Posted: Dec 13 2016, 12:43 PM

Level 8

QUOTE (kreepers_killer @ Dec 13 2016, 12:42 PM)
It would be cool to have the raffle again, but I disagree for the idea that everyone can get a prize dragon. I'd keep the same system we had, so the dragons would still be rare.

well not everyone would get a prize. people who werent active and didnt complete the event wouldnt get a prize. one thing that can be done to even it out a bit is to make the events a bit harder to complete but still with hard work you can get a prize
kreepers_killer
Posted: Dec 13 2016, 12:49 PM

Level 4

Member No.: 213,720

QUOTE (CellyBean @ Dec 13 2016, 12:43 PM)
well not everyone would get a prize. people who werent active and didnt complete the event wouldnt get a prize. one thing that can be done to even it out a bit is to make the events a bit harder to complete but still with hard work you can get a prize

It would be good, yes, but cb prize's rarity would be totally messed up, and people who already won previous years would be mad that their dragon would be less rare (and trades for 2nd Gen eggs would be harder to do since they would be more common)

This post has been edited by kreepers_killer on Dec 13 2016, 12:49 PM
angelicdragonpuppy
Posted: Dec 13 2016, 12:49 PM

DO IT FOR DARYL

Member No.: 7,560

I'd really like to see prizes become a high price option in an eventual in cave 'shop,' as outlined here: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=165916

I'd rather not see the raffles come back (too low a chance) nor your suggestion (too high a chance). I think an option that allows people to get them after a good amount of effort is the best way to make them both valued but obtainable. smile.gif
CellyBean
Posted: Dec 13 2016, 12:53 PM

Level 8

QUOTE (kreepers_killer @ Dec 13 2016, 12:49 PM)
It would be good, yes, but cb prize's rarity would be totally messed up, and people who already won previous years would be mad that their dragon would be less rare (and trades for 2nd Gen eggs would be harder to do since they would be more common)

well if someone gets mad that their dragons offspring isnt worth as much so that means basically nobody else has the same dragon i would say plainly that they're pretty selfish.

and trades for 2g prizes would actually be easier because there would be more of them around and not just like 3 of them asking for cb golds, 2g hollies or spriter's alts, or neglecteds which most of us dont even have.

im sorry if that was kind of blunt im not trying to be

@adp
i like the store suggestion but it always seemed really complicated and would probably be a nightmare to code in the game im guessing so i kind of see the store and the raffle and my suggestion as having equal chance of being implemented if thats alright
fuzzbucket
Posted: Dec 13 2016, 01:10 PM

Last time I looked, I wasn't here.

Member No.: 55,386

QUOTE (CellyBean @ Dec 13 2016, 05:53 PM)
well if someone gets mad that their dragons offspring isnt worth as much so that means basically nobody else has the same dragon i would say plainly that they're pretty selfish.

I don't give a flying toss about "worth".

CBs would be nice. But PLEASE NEVER AGAIN a raffle.

You weren't here in those days, Cellybean - but ill feeling does not begin to describe the results of those raffles.

I'm 100% in favour of this being done through Trader's Canyon, myself. Everyone would be able to save up, and there would be no reason for griping and so on. I have no doubt at all that TJ could code it. And I certainly don't think every single person who joins in the event should get one just like that.
CellyBean
Posted: Dec 13 2016, 01:28 PM

Level 8

well with the raffle people just randomly and luckily got a prize. at least this way everyone gets a prize once a year and there shouldnt be any griping i think
fuzzbucket
Posted: Dec 13 2016, 02:11 PM

"Everyone gets a prize" is just too much. FAR too much. What next - everyone should get a CB gold just because ?
CellyBean
Posted: Dec 13 2016, 02:14 PM

Level 8

cb prizes and cb golds are completely different though. cb golds are found incave and you can trade for them. cb prizes on the other hand are/were only avaiable once a year through a raffle that only a few people won based on luck
fuzzbucket
Posted: Dec 13 2016, 02:17 PM

So put them in the store/canyon, with a really high price, But NOT just hand them out like candy.That would be more for - say - stones or canopies. smile.gif
Confused Cat
Posted: Dec 13 2016, 02:32 PM

Level 9

Member No.: 58,646

If they were only given out once per year, and one per player, they would still be rarer than CB Holidays, and you'd have to participate in the holiday event for twelve years to get a male and a female of each variant. That would be rare enough for me. biggrin.gif

However, I really hope TJ has already decided what will (or will not) happen regarding Prizes this year. The whole issue is so complicated I don't think a last-minute decision - or last-minute change of a decision - would be a good idea.
coo_
Posted: Dec 13 2016, 03:07 PM

Level 4

Member No.: 23,601

I like the idea of raffles. Its dynamic doesn't seem too far from how other rares are distributed, and is even fairer. Gold and silver dragons you can actively have a shot at getting, but it depends on speed, internet, etc., and in that way it can be a bit biased. In the raffle everyone has a fair chance at getting a prize - so in that way everyone has the same odds (as long as you completed the event, etc.).

I like the idea of having prizes remain rare - if you give them out they'll just be equivalent to holidays and lose their entire mystique. Yes, I can see how it's frustrating to some who don't have them (myself included), but that's sort of the fun in it! There's always the hope that you'll get one.

This post has been edited by coo_ on Dec 13 2016, 03:08 PM
andromedae
Posted: Dec 13 2016, 03:09 PM

Level 8

Member No.: 223,077

I'd personally like raffles to return, just the way they were before. I know not everybody will agree with my opinion, but alas no one has to since it's just personal preference. I understand it isn't the fairest way - it does cause certain disruption amongst our community. But I like the luck-based, excitement element a raffle has to offer. Nothing in life is perfectly equal or fair in my opinion, so I don't really see why the distribution of CB prizes should be. But putting things into perspective, using luck to reward DC players is rather proper in terms of fairness. Everyone has an equal chance to win. Of course, I'm not entirely opposed to the addition of a store like trader's canyon introducing CB prizes. I'm pretty flexible on this one. The only option I have true disdain for is everyone getting a CB prize just like that. I'm all for keeping CB prizes within the game, just keep them very rare and I won't have a problem with it.
Wandering4Ever
Posted: Dec 13 2016, 03:35 PM

Level 4

Member No.: 199,059

I honestly dont have too much to say other than please. No. No raffle. As fuzzbucket said, ill feeling is the 'polite' version. Trader's canyon is imo best. A lot of people barely have time to jump on for the holiday dragons themselves because of real life; having cb prizes available only if you complete feels... Well mean. Coming from someone who usually has to scramble to try and complete events BECAUSE of real life, Id be extremely peeved if it was the only way to get a cb.

Traders canyon or bust basically. But please no raffles. It just isnt worth that huge amount of anxiety or that extreme bittersweet congratulations of others while also being teeth gnashingly jealous. Not to mention the freaking trades that would yet again spike due to new bloodlines.
Pokemonfan13
Posted: Dec 13 2016, 04:00 PM

Call me PF or PF13

Group: Inactive Moderator
Member No.: 1,214

I really kind of like the idea of getting a CB prize for completing the winter holiday event. And it's true that it wouldn't just be "giving them away", because people do have to participate to get them, and it would take twelve years to get a complete set of males and females of all types. (One thing I just thought of, the prize dragons should be locked to the account that wins them. No gifting, no trading. Otherwise it would be a huge benefit to multiscrolling, since they could complete the event on each account and then transfer them to the main. Either that or TJ should specially track traded/transferred prizes to look for suspicious activity)

It would require some more thought about what would be an appropriate holiday event for it, since there are fun ones that are kind of just an activity and ones that really require "completing".

I would be a bit sad that people who really are super busy around xmas would have trouble meeting the "completed" requirement because they just can't spend that much time on the computer, though. Maybe a little more than a "log in each day and you get it", but not much more than that.

As to the "it isn't fair to the prize winners", they've had how many years to profit on their dragons being super rare with super valuable progeny? If something like this had happened the year after a raffle, I could understand people legitimately screaming "unfair", but at this point it's essentially saying "we aren't ever allowed to make prizes more common because it would be 'unfair' to prize winners", which isn't exactly fair to the rest of us.

As far as I'm concerned, starting up the raffles as they've been before is not an ideal solution. It would help with the prizes being so underpopulated, but they would still be a super high value commodity. I would hope that they would at least either be more frequent or much, much larger.

This post has been edited by Pokemonfan13 on Dec 13 2016, 04:03 PM
olympe
Posted: Dec 13 2016, 04:11 PM

happy collector of bright pink and frilled dragons

Member No.: 49,835

Please, no more raffles. I'd rather either go the "hand out 1 CB prize of choice / 1 random CB prize to everyone who completes the event" idea, as well as the idea to make CB prizes available in the store.

But please, no more raffles.
predatorfan4ever
Posted: Dec 13 2016, 04:18 PM

Level 10

Member No.: 63,874

I'd love to see more CB Prizes in general. But this is not the way to do it. Trader's Canyon is a much better option, in my honest opinion.
Marie19R
Posted: Dec 13 2016, 04:20 PM

This says something else when you aren't looking

Member No.: 12,458

Please no more raffles. Just no. Let it die please.

I wouldn't be opposed to "get 1 CB Prize for completely holiday game", but *only* because I know that people here in the forums help each other out on the games. Multiple years I wouldn't have been able to understand the games or do thing correctly *looking at Jolly Follies* if it weren't for help on the forums. In that way, people that don't have forum accounts might get a little screwed here.
6 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

Topic Options
Pages: (28) [1] 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply