elderberrysyrup

Summoning Discussion ver2.0

What did you use to successfully summon?  

1,588 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Summoning is the new-ish BSA, associated with the three trios.

Do you have it? Have you tried it? What happened? What is it supposed to do?

Discuss!

CALENDAR

user posted image

Current findings/speculations:

The option doesn't appear unless you have room in your scroll.

With at least one Icicle, Thunder and Magma adult dragon on your scroll, the option for 'summon' comes up.

Using the option allows for a chance for the dragons to use their 'powers' and summon another dragon egg.

Chances of getting it are apparently slim, and take 2 weeks for you to be able to do it again.

The number of 'sets' of trio dragons don't affect the amount of times you can summon. One summoning uses all your trio dragons at once.

You can only get 2 summoned dragons/eggs. Once you succeed once, the message warns you that if you succeed again, the action becomes permanently unavailable. Also, summoned dragons are no longer able to be abandoned and thus, unable to be traded.

The new eggs cannot breed, and are called 'Guardian of Nature' dragons.

The Guardian of Nature dragons can be either male or female, with no sexual dimorphism to differ the two.

Now with banners!

(Courtesy of athdaraxen)

user posted image

[IMG=http://i56.tinypic.com/2ep1y1f.png]

user posted image

[IMG=http://i51.tinypic.com/6z3axh.gif]

user posted image

[IMG=http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/8798/summg.png]

user posted image

[IMG=http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/1291/myspacegens974159124.gif]

Edited by soullesshuman

My last (and only) successful summon was more than a year ago. No 2nd today, of course...

No idea how I'd feel if I still had none, probably I'd have stopped to summon.

I'm probably going to get much hatred for this, but...

My first thunder grew up ~ two hours ago.

I attempted my first summon a few minutes ago.

I got a GoN egg first attempt.  ohmy.gif

First summon: egg.

Second summon: nothing.

Third summon: egg.

I'm in shock.

No success. But this was my first try, so I'm not very surprised. Here's hoping for the future.

First summon: egg.

Second summon: nothing.

Third summon: egg.

I'm in shock.

...*voice shakes with anger* Why you-

Joking, congratulations on your summons XD

just summoned and failed, i don't know about the count. i'll just say maybe this is my 13th try.

i had this feeling as i was typing in my password, thinking "ohh, maybe today's the day" and got myself worked up thinking i'll get lucky...well, no. now it sucks even more that it didn't work. i got so excited, lol.

0/35

This is just not funny. I do not like this action, it's unfair :c

OK so life is unfair, sure, but can you understand how I'd be a little peeved when some new member gets a GON on their first or second try, and I've been trying for a year???

Another failure, that's two more since the last time I posted here. I have yet to summon a GoN, but misread the poll - didn't see that it was for successful summoning only. There should be one fewer "Magma Female" numbers that the poll shows.

I don't remember how many times I tried to summon, but I have one guardian already. And always summon with my male thunder, but I think it doesn't matter huh.gif Random is random

Edited by Rika-chan

5th try - fail.

Aww, I thought today was going to be the day with the CB ice and CB black. Aww.

I have failed at summoning so many times that the sting of constant failures over the last year & a half barely registers anymore. I just go back to other points of interest as soon as I get that all-too-familiar message of fail. All of which says that yes, I failed again today.

Your magma, thunder, and ice dragons attempt to use their power to summon an egg, but they are not successful. For the 48th time. The level of annoyance at this point is really beyond what one should experience from a game. I am going to stop using this function for a few months. The odds are the same.

Your magma, thunder, and ice dragons attempt to use their power to summon an egg, but they are not successful. For the 48th time. The level of annoyance at this point is really beyond what one should experience from a game. I am going to stop using this function for a few months. The odds are the same.

tongue.gif Annoyance is too mild a word to describe this atrocity! I have been summoning since the beginning of time! If all is randomize, then you and me and countless others should stay the heck away from Vegas! Come sit by me my friend and cool down with some margarita! Drink up! biggrin.gif

:P Annoyance is too mild a word to describe this atrocity! I have been summoning since the beginning of time! If all is randomize, then you and me and countless others should stay the heck away from Vegas! Come sit by me my friend and cool down with some margarita! Drink up!  :D

It is good to know there are others who feel the same. ._.

Seriously, it's like there's some setting disabling us from actually summoning successfully. <_<

Seriously, it's like there's some setting disabling us from actually summoning successfully. dry.gif

You betcha 42! So many of us old folks have no luck in summoning .. must be the age eh? tongue.gif

Seriously, it's like there's some setting disabling us from actually summoning successfully. dry.gif

It really does feel that way. sad.gif I will keep trying though and hope for a miracle. Have more than a week to go before I can try again.

You betcha 42! So many of us old folks have no luck in summoning .. must be the age eh? tongue.gif

all I know is it feels like the randomization is based on scroll length. I realize this may just be because there are far more people with shorter scrolls that are summoning than longer scrolls, so of course you would end up with more newbies getting them than veterans.

more newbies than veterans summoning = more newbies than veterans getting successes

but its just nuts that some people get TWO successes in only a short amount of time and many of us have NONE successes after almost two years now.

i have been trying sense it first come out. i figured over time that it was because everyone was summoning on those same days so i waited 3 days after they become breedable again. though nothing comes out of it. sad.gif

My trios continue to hate me as usual. Not a blasted thing from them!