Devious_Bookworm

RP Bulletin Board

Many of you will remember the RPs-in-Need threads that we had pinned. The mods have decided to expand on this concept, and so we are introducing the RP Bulletin Board. Just like RPs-in-Need, you can post RPs here that need RPers, but you can also go beyond that. Are you looking for an RP? Post here. Are you going to be gone for a few weeks and want all the RPs you’re in to know? Instead of posting separately three or four times for each RP, you can post it here instead. Want to do an interest check? Post your concept here and see how people respond. We’ll even let you post summaries of your RP’s plot. And now...you're allowed to even dump and trade ideas that you may think are great, but can't run. If you feel you have too many RPs as it is or you're a little to inactive to run an RP at the moment, you can post your RP ideas here for others to use!

The idea behind this thread is to have place where RPers can communicate with the whole section. Think of it as similar to a giant OoC thread. If you have any major announcements that you need more than just one or two RPs need to know, here would be the place to do it!

Here are a few rules before you post:

1. This is not a chat topic; do not treat it as such.

2. This a place for general RP notices, not specific RP notices. Keep plot discussion and such to the relevant OoC topic. The only exception to this is summaries of RPs, which we are allowing as a way to keep all RPers notified about the general course of an RP, if they feel so inclined on keeping tabs.

3. All RP and DC rules apply, as always.

4. You forfeit rights to your RP ideas if you post them to trade.

5. Bow to Kodiak. (Also, do not ask what this means.)

Here’s a form if you are advertising a RP:

[b][u]RP Advertisement[/b][/u]
[b]Name of RP:[/b]
[b]Link:[/b]
[b]# of active RPers:[/b]
[b]Plot Summary:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Here’s a form if you are looking for a RP:

[b][u]Seeking RPs[/u][/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Preferred Style of RP (ex. 1 on 1, short posts, long posts, ect.):[/b]
[b]Preferred  Genre:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Here's a form if you're leaving an RP idea:

[b][u]Trading Ideas[/u][/b]
[b]Possible Name of RP:[/b]
[b]Plot Summery:[/b]
[b]History Summery:[/b]
[b]Setting Summery:[/b]
[b]Other Details:[/b]

Edited by Mousia

Seeking RPs

Username: mickiloo97

Preferred Style of RP: Long posts!

Preferred Genre: Horses. Maybe some mythical stuff included biggrin.gif

Other: *sets out cookies*

Seeking RPs

Username: akiraa

Preferred Style of RP: anytype

Preferred Genre: Pokemon mystery dungeon with different plot than games

Other: Please

Also, to all rp's I am in, sometime this or next week I am going to go see my grandma out in dryfork canyon, and will only be able to get on from a phone, at around either three or five pm mountain standard time, will be poor signal so could take awhile with posts, also I may not be able to post really long posts, so don't expect long posts.

Cleaned out the old RPs

I just deleted RPs older than 30 days. =) If I kicked anyone's RP to the trash, please PM me with a title and/or URL, and creator's name so that I can go fish it out again.

RP Advertisement

Name of RP:.:Atty:.

Link:RP and the OOC

# of active RPers:8. I think.

Plot Summary:In a town called Atty, werewolves, mermaids, angels, demons, and vampires try to stay hidden from humans. They're doing a terrible job of it, though.

Other:We have cookies. And 10-inch long glowing white feathers. Derp.

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: Percy Jackson and the Crest of Oblivion

Link: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=117994

# of active RPers: Only me so far :c

Plot Summary: When Kronos died, the only thing that remained was his scythe. The gods melded Celestial Bronze into the blade and made it into a crown, that when gripped with two hands, would transform into the scythe. Twenty years after the Battle for Olympus, the Crest has gone missing! Coming to the resolution that one of the Olympians has taken it, he announces that he will give the thief until the Summer Solstice before he declares war on all of the gods and goddesses. This would obviously result in disaster, so it's up to the demigods to placate Zeus and find the crest...before it's too late.

Other: There will be multiple quest groups of three each, so we need as many people as possible! Calling all Percy Jackson fans!

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: The Gifted ones

Link: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=118185

# of active RPers: not sure

Plot Summary: you are gifted with powers and you and a group of others from all around the world have to stop the next world war.

Other: you don't just have to be a gifted one either. you could be a scientist of one of the people at the base.

Edited by dragonsword

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: The kingdom of Regale

Link: It's here, no OoC as of yet, but one might be created later.

# of active RPers: Zero. We need at least 2 more people to start.

Plot Summary: A medieval RP with an assassinated king, an illegitimate heir and several countries up for grabs. Just follow the link.

Other:History heavy. A medieval roleplay that will actually stick to historic fact. Fantasy allowed, sci-fi...not so much.

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: Random Role Play

Link: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=111142&st=0

# of active RPers: About 2? (hard to tell at times)

Plot Summary: Hello welcome to this weird strange world where everything is made up on the spot. This is a semi lit Role Play about nothing in particular just short little plot lines that end. Then we make a new one, we make it up as we go. Because of this no character sheets are needed, you just Roleplay and get your character to fit in. all you need to do is follow the DC forum rules as always and respect other peoples ideas as they contribute them to what should happen next or what the next Role Play should be about. I know this from experience, it's more fun just to make up everything as you go. But because of the factor this is a short succession of non-related plots there isn't much room for character development although it can still happen. And also because this is random RP you don't need evreyone around to continue as we can always just start another one

Other:

Edited by psyshock

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: Fighting the Dark

Link:Linkage.

# of active RPers: Now Three.

Plot Summary: When creatures come up from the black below the world, you are called to help push back the tide of darkness.

Other: I am giving out free cookies.

Edited by Axarr

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: Preadator and Prey

Link: Preadator and Prey

# of active RPers: 0

Plot Summary: Your an animal trying to survive in a dying world.

Other: Mythical creatures allowed :3

Edit for Phail in tags.

Edited by dangershy

RP Advertisement

Name of RP:Pokemon mystery dungeon, explores of mysteries

Link:http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=118644

# of active RPers:3 including me

Plot Summary: You are a human who wakes up with a lot of other humans to see your a pokemon. You later find out that all the other pokemon except 'wild' and the shop owner pokemon have disappeared. You start a team, and try to find out the mystery of the missing pokemon and your arrival.

Other:...

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: 1x1 with anyone!

Link: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=118563

# of active RPers: Nada. I don't even have stalklers.

Plot Summary:

For years, two tribes have lived in peace. The members of the tribe, Pygmies, have gone about their business undisturbed. And, even though the two have lived within close proximity to one-another, they have yet to realize that they are not alone.

That is, until now.

A shortage of food crucial to the two tribes, be it dodo birds or fish, has begun. Caused by a new type of virus, the shortage has taken it's toll on the Pygmies. Despite their immortality, granted by the Gems of Life, they can still suffer from it. Now, be it by fate, destiny, or just plain luck, the tribes will soon stumble upon each other.

Little do they know, but this meeting could mean the difference between peace, and suffering.

Other: No reading up is needed. Also, I'm looking for an avid RPer that posts often. And good grammar is always a plus. But other than that, I'm desperate.

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: The Lands Beyond

Link: No link yet; I'm putting it up in case someone else wants to use the idea.

# of active RPers: None yet.

Plot Summary: In a far-distant part of the world of Dragoncave, Midas Dorkface is revered as a god, and his descendants have grouped together into hundreds of clans, reviling the outside world and dividing themselves into septs depending on which of his children they are descended from. They have, for the most part, lived in seclusion for over a thousand years, enslaving those unfortunate enough to wander into their lands; recently, though, a dark and terrifying plague has swept across the Land of the Dorkfaces, threatening to wipe them all out. And so, a group of young Dorkface descendants are sent out to the Lands Beyond, to search for a cure...

Other: Basically, the RP begins shortly after the Dorkface questers leave for the 'Lands Beyond,' a.k.a. the outside world. Other characters will be non-Dorkface dragons, possibly humans, and maybe one or two other sentient species. PM me if you want to use the idea, or hammer out the plot details. I'd be really interested in seeing how it turns out, but I don't think I can run an RP right now.

Edited by Carnivorous M.

Interest Check:

Anyone interested in a .hack roleplay, or even a roleplay based around some kind of MMORPG? :3

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: Save The Pokemon

Link: Save The Pokemon

# of active RPers: 1. And thats me.

Plot Summary: Your a trainer or a pokemon, If a trainer, trying to find Darkrai who appears where pokemon disappear. If a pokemon, your trying to stay in the human world.

Other: I GIVE CAKE, ICE CREAM, PIE, AND COOKIES IF YOU JOIN

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: Awareness: We are being controlled...

Link: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=119150

# of active RPers: so far only one other person has joined

Plot Summary: This is an RP that takes place in a medieval era, right now there are 2 countries and your characters may have powers. But the different thing is that some characters are aware that we are controlling them... What they do about it depends on them. I select the characters who have the 'awareness'. So join and you will receive a PM form me if your character has it. If they do don't tell anyone let everyone else figure it out for themselves.

Other: I thought it would be fun to RP characters who knew about our control over them thus this was created.

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: Minecraft RP

Link: Leenk.

# of active RPers: 1, which is me.

Plot Summary: You a Minecraftian looksing for others in a wild world.

Other: You can has doggehs. That wear sunglasses. That look like this.

/shot for having so many RPs

X3

Edited by dangershy

Interest Check:

Anyone interested in a .hack roleplay, or even a roleplay based around some kind of MMORPG? :3

Do want. Dowantdowantdowantdowant. I lack motivation to start one, if anybody sets up a .hack (or mmorpg) RP, inform me please.

Seeking RPs

Username: Snow Plow

Preferred Style of RP: Um...I guess short posts? Not 1x1, other than that, I don't care a whole lot.

Preferred Genre: Animals. Preferably different types of animals, not just wolves or just horses, cats, etc. And not Pokemon because I don't know anything about them.

Other: I admit, I'm not great at Role playing, but I do enjoy it, especially wars and fights. I'm fine if the Role Play involves magic or supernatural stuff, but if it doesn't, that's okay, too.

Thanks.

RP Advertisement

Name of RP: Eragon

Link: Right here

# of active RPers: four people including me

Plot Summary: It is based after the third Inheritance book, Brisingr. The Varden is still trying to overthrow Galbatorix and free Alagaesia from his rule.

Other: You can be a Dragon Rider (you have to convince me of this as we're getting a bit high on these), Human, Elf or Dwarf that is fighting along side the Varden or with the Empire. I now own the role-play and would like if you PM'd me the sheets instead of posting.

Any questions, please PM me.

Thanks,

DH

Seeking RPs

Username: Aristocrap

Preferred Style of RP: Literate to Advanced, 2+ paragraphs per post

Preferred Genre: High fantasy (Such as LOTR, Dungeons and Dragons, etc.)

Other: If anyone has or is making a high-detailed, literate RP, I'd be interested in joining! I RP over at the Roleplayer's Guild, so I'm not new to the hobby at all. My username's the same over there.

Interest Check

Would anyone want to play a Neverwhere RP?

Also, if anyone needs something related to RPing done in the immediate future, please PM myself or Khallyane (or use the "Report" function).