Jedi40

Forest of Mirrors

The Start

ON: Forest of Mirrors

I opened the castle on a dreary winter night, full of hardship and pain. The doors nearly flew open from the gales when I unlocked them, and the people waiting at the gate were far and few in-between. I knew that, although few people had true interest in learning about the magic arts and saving this realm, who ever decided to should and will be welcome with open arms. Even if some stray from the true cause, the few that stayed were worth all the trouble I had gone through to repair and restore this old castle.

As the people slowly walked in, I stared into the forest. The forest stared back at me. It was then I knew I was going to be challenged, and anything I thought was safe was going to be broken. The Forest of Mirrors told me so.

Welcome.

http://forestofmirrors.x10.mx/index

My eggs:

http://forestofmirrors.x10.mx/profile/view/Jedi

Edited by Jedi40

(Jedi40, that second link won't work - you want /profile/view/yourusernamehere.)

(No time to maintain this informational post - ask questions in this thread if you have any.)

Edited by Mathcat

Thanks for the info Mathcat. I was unsure how to do the link to my eggs the right way. I think I have it right now.

Yarolds does not work for me for some reason so I guess I will have to make do with others clicking on my eggs. I have tired to post them in my sig on other sites but the code does not get accepted for some reason just like when I tried to post them in this thread sad.gif .

I am lost when it comes to the blue stone bit.

I highly recommend Clickallthethings (as long as it stays around). It's very simple to use - sign up, add links (creature pages, not embed codes), wait for results. Don't let the karma system put you off, especially since it hasn't been fully implemented yet (as best I can tell) - just give about as many clicks as you get and you'll stay neutral. My stuff gets about 10-15 clicks per day per link, which might not sound like much, but it means I'm not stuck staring at the same eggs for weeks.

I have no idea what's up with signature codes not working for certain forum types (DC, Valley of Unicorns, and Umbria all use the same forum software, as best I know), but it's really annoying. I might ask Infernette about that when she's feeling better. A certain amount of the site came, as I understand it, from a preexisting template, so there might not be much she can do. I'd suspect file type, but Valley of Unicorn images are also PNGs and show up just fine.

Blue stones are just another form of site currency, like gold coins for Magistream, silver coins for Valley of Unicorns, or electrum for Umbria. You get one blue stone every time you click on an unfrozen creature (the notification appears at the bottom of the page, along with a notification if you got an item or a toy). Clicks reset at midnight EST (well, midnight EDT at the moment). For stuff to click, check out the online list, go to Creatures -> Foyer, or go to Community -> Mages. You can also get blue stones via quests (I can't remember if you were on Celestial Vale pre-2.0, but it's the same type of quest).

Edit: CATT tip - instead of the embed code, you want the URL of whatever page you go to in order to level up the creature. For Forest of Mirrors, that's the page ending in levelup/click/somelettersandnumbers.

Edited by Mathcat

I tried the help site and put in the code at the top of each eggs page and it says it is invalid so I have no idea what to do now.

I don't see any blue stones or anything else after I have clicked things so I have no idea how much I may or may not have.

Not just the code - the whole URL. I sent you a message on Umbria that might help. If not, reply there or on any of the numerous other adoptables sites we have in common. I had forgotten about one oddity of site layout on CATT - the column labels don't match the column contents, so that the column that says Site is actually where you paste in the link and Link is where you put how many clicks you want that link to receive before it's removed.

As for blue stones, when you click on a creature for the first time that day, scroll down and you'll see at the very bottom of the page something like:

You just gave Unnamed one click.

You have earned 1 Blue Stones for leveling up this adoptable.

You now have [some number] Blue Stones

(Plus additional information if you also got an item or toy.)

When you're on the site (not the forum) the number with the blue dot after it on the right-hand side of the page is how many blue stones you have. The number with the pink dot after it is how many reactor stones you have.

Edit: RemiIronstaff suggested a workaround that might work for posting creatures here. I'll try it out and, if it works, edit this with an explanation tomorrow.

Edited by Mathcat

I got your PM and it worked just fine thanks biggrin.gif

Ahh okay I was not scrolling down far enough *duh*

Well I see you got them posted in your sig so I can't wait to see what I need to do to have them show up in the thread.

Here's a method to get Forest of Mirrors creatures into your signature. The only catch is that you'll need to manually update every time they change stage.

First, get the embed code for your creature and paste it into your signature/in-progress post. You'll need to replace the stuff between img and /img with the URL for your creature's image. The easiest way to do this is to either go back to the Manage page or bring up your main holding area, then right click on your creature's image and select Copy Image Location (or View Image and copy the URL from there). If you want an example, you can quote this post and see what I did with Zoref below.

user posted image

When I click onto the eggs image I get "Save as" "copy image URL' and "copy image". I don't see what you said to look for at all.

user posted image

Okay but when I did that to your dragon it just shows up as a image and not a clickable one.

That's the image code. You'd need to paste that into the embed code over the problematic part. Anyway, I agree with you that the workaround can be a little complicated, especially for a whole bunch of creatures. Let's hope this is something Infernette can fix at some point.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

(Case in point: The above took me a good 15 minutes to set up.)

Edited by Mathcat

I don't know how to put the embed code over the problem part as I am not tech savvy,

When can I start breeding my dragons and how do I go about doing it in this game?

They can breed when fully grown (150 clicks). The breed option can be found under Manage. Any compatible creatures will be found in a drop-down list once you've clicked Breed. Creatures can breed once every three days and the Breed option will not show up if a creature has been bred within the past three days.

A breeding will produce one egg (and will always produce an egg, as far as I know) unless a twin potion has been used. A twin potion will increase the number of eggs produced by one. Since a twin potion can be used on each parent, a breeding can potentially produce three eggs.

As with DC, some creatures can only breed with others of their own type. You can figure out what type a creature is by reading the last paragraph of their overall description (which will start off as something like "Dragons are regarded...." or "Pygmy dragons are described..." or "Wyverns are large..." or "Amphitheres are...," to name a few examples). Some creatures have the breed option, but can't actually be bred. With one exception that I know of (chickens), they will give you a special message if you try to breed them.

Right now, there is only one exclusively breed-only creature: the Serpens Colors, which you get by breeding a white Arcus Pluvius and a Heterochroma dragon.

Cool thanks for the info MathCat...so a long way to go before I can breed my dragons.

How does one do the quests in this game? One asks for different colored flowers, yet I can't find where they can be found or bought. sad.gif

Edited by Jedi40

You find items randomly while clicking. You can see which items you have under Manage Account -> Inventory.

You find items randomly while clicking. You can see which items you have under Manage Account -> Inventory.

Thanks for the info. I have two of the flowers for the quest and now I can't find the quest area to see what ones I still need to get.

It's one of the options on the right-hand side of the page (site, not forum) - Questing.

Ahhh right thanks again. So 2 down 3 to go.

The admin of the site is always making new features and releasing new creatures on her free time. There's a very convenient chatbox at the bottom of the forum where you can talk with people and trade ideas! ^^

For everyone joining in now, I'm making a raffle until the 21st of June, the prizes for the Top 3 are Blue Stones (currency) and Halloween 2013 creatures. Entry is free, so join up! ^^ http://forestofmirrors.x10.mx/mybb/showthread.php?tid=261

Guess that leaves me out even though I am semi new.