Umbreonage

Badge (and Trophy) Suggestion Thread

What it says on the tin. Have an idea for a badge, like the trophies? Post it here. Please do check the list of suggestions before posting.

TJ, if you are reading this, knowing which badges you would actually think of implementing would be helpful so we can make sprites for them.

List of Suggestions with Art

~A badge linking to the encyclopedia (perhaps appears once you have fully unlocked one dragon; could become a set of books for unlocking steps of dragons ex. 20, 40, 60 dragons then the badge is complete)

user posted image -> user posted image -> user posted image -> user posted image by silverstreak12

OR

user posted image by zaverxi

List of Suggestions without Art

~Badges for hitting milestones in membership to DC (1 year, 2 years, etc)

-Would have to be based on oldest dragon's catch date

~A badge for having every adult species of dragon (what happens when new dragons are released?)

~Badges for having 20/50/100 of a particular type of dragon (only one page for accomplishing this for any dragon)

~Badge for collecting x colored dragon in x amount of time (say, 100 green dragons in two months)

~A badge for having every species of dragon frozen (what happens when new dragons are released?)

~Alternatively: milestone badges for gaining incrementally increasing numbers of species - ex. the first badge at 25 different species, then 50, then 75...

~A badge for having every holiday dragon (what happens when new dragons are released?)

~Alternatively: milestone badges for gaining incrementally increasing numbers of holiday dragons: ex. 5 holiday dragons, then 10, then 15...

~A badge for having a "set" of dragons (all trios, all dinos, all season, all stripes, etc)

~A badge for having a certain number of approved descriptions

~A badge for reviewing a certain number of descriptions

~A badge for breeding a certain number of times (Or having a dragon with x children)

~A badge for grabbing a certain number of dragons from the AP.

~A platinum and diamond trophy for having higher numbers of dragons (1000? 2000? 5000?) (TJ has stated these trophies would not come with upped limits)

~A badge for having a certain number of summon!fails (25? 50? 100?)

~Badge for going x amount of time with no dead dragons

~A badge within a badge: badgeception

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

A badge for having one of each non-event, non-zombie/neglected, non-retired dragon.

A badge for having 100 or more of one specific breed of dragon.

A badge for having one of each event dragon.

Edited by res13sep

A badge for having 100 frozens and a badge for having no frozens at all

-All dragon types collected (maybe not including holidays/neglected/etc?)

-All dragon types frozen

-20+, 50+, 100+ of one breed

A badge for having one of each non-event, non-zombie/neglected, non-retired dragon.

A badge for having 100 or more of one specific breed of dragon.

How about the first badge you mentioned gets you a basic version, and then there's a version for having every dragon?

A badge for having 100 frozens and a badge for having no frozens at all

How would that work? If you got the badge for no frozens, would you loose it for freezing a hatchling?

How about the first badge you mentioned gets you a basic version, and then there's a version for having every dragon?

Yep, that'd work.

For the 100 of one breed thing ~ you could also change the amounts like 50 and such.

A badge for having certain dragon 'sets'. A quick example would be a 'dino' set consisting of having at least one of each dino. Other ideas can be derived from this as well.

There could also be a badge for possessing at least one of varying 'really rare' dragons. Neglected immediately comes to mind.

The one problem with having a badge for having every dragon... is that when a new dragon comes out, you'd keep on loosing the badge. Would that be fair?

Though I do like the badges for having an army of a certain breed. (Kurai's, perhaps?) Since these wouldn't be able to be lost unless enough died or were released.

Edited by Sif

A badge for having certain dragon 'sets'. A quick example would be a 'dino' set consisting of having at least one of each dino. Other ideas can be derived from this as well.

There could also be a badge for possessing at least one of varying 'really rare' dragons. Neglected immediately comes to mind.

Trio badge, maybe base some off releases too?

Also artists and conceptualist/writer badges.

Maybe another trophy based off the number or approved descriptions you have?

The one problem with having a badge for having every dragon... is that when a new dragon comes out, you'd keep on loosing the badge. Would that be fair?

Though I do like the badges for having an army of a certain breed. (Kurai's, perhaps?) Since these wouldn't be able to be lost unless enough died or were released.

So the badge would just be gone for however long it takes for the person to get the new dragon.

It won't cause people to collapse and die or anything - nothing that can't be solved and regained with time. :3

'Insane' Badge: Have at least one of every dragon that is listed as 'rare'.

(And I mean every dragon, Neglected, Summoned, Holly, etc.)

Edited by Hypnotic

I was thinking there could be a badge for Holiday events you've taken part in, different ones for each year, maybe..

I think TJ should implement Kurai's badges, which she has worked quite hard on

What about some landmarks for dragon lineages?

For a few quick ideas:

- A 4th+ generation purebred dragon (Possessing at least one dragon with only the one species in its lineage)

- A 4th+ generation evengen lineage (Hard to explain to someone that doesn't know what this is)

- A 12th+ generation lineage (Possessing at least one dragon with a very long lineage; shouldn't be too hard)

The minimum generation is up to debate; just throwing some numbers out there.

Personally, I don't like having an individual badge for every specific dragon....isn't that kinda the point of having them there? And Sif has a point about loosing it every time a new dragon is released.

I think having badged when you have over a certain number of a specific dragon sounds nice, though.

A badge for having no frozen dragons;

wouldn't EVERY new player have this one o.O;

Regarding the species badge, it would properly only be good if you collected sets.

Like red, blue, green etc = rainbow badge.

Gold and silver = metallic badge.

Legendary trio = another badge

That way uit wouldn't be dated if a new release happened.

Regarding the species badge, it would properly only be good if you collected sets.

Like red, blue, green etc = rainbow badge.

Hmmm. Yes. That could work well.

I put this suggestion on the donation meter, so I'll put it here. A badge for "Supporting" the site would be nice, and a link to the donation meter. It'd be like those cancer research ribbons you get

Like red, blue, green etc  = rainbow badge.

kurai actually made species badges already. They are supposed to be scales

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Kur...bis/scales3.png

there are more... but I lost the link to the page which contains the hellfires and nebulas

once given the colors for the new adult dragon they honestly do not take that long to make. Was on skype with her listening to her talk to the badges as she made them. And since TJ's adults mature before anyone else's..... species badges could be EASILY completed before anyone else qualified for them

Edited by Layn

Actaully what I was talking about was the problem of a "all species" badge. I suggested sets rather then one for all species bnecause of the said problem of them disappearing every release.

How about a veterans badge. Meaning you get this badge after a certain amount of time you have been on DC. Like 1 year or 2 years or more.