Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

Rules Change as of September 5, 2011

What is allowed in this thread:

This is the thread to talk about our projects, to ask for or offer advice, and to show off our accomplishments. We can discuss anything related to Even Gens here.

What is not allowed in this thread:

Do not post offers to breed, or requests for an egg. Do not post claim links for eggs. Do not make lists of people wanting eggs from a pair of your dragons in this thread.

We have a SHINY NEW THREAD just for sharing our beautiful Even Gen dragons!

This is not a lineage. We don’t share a name on our dragons, or even the same kind of dragons. This thread is for people who are breeding (or want to breed) “Even Generations”.

So what is Even Generation?

Simple; it’s when all the lines in the lineage goes back to the exact same point. There’s no “empty slots” somewhere in the lineage. For example: a Gen4 would have all parents, grand parents and great grand parents, and all the great grand parents would be Gen1/CB.

What is Perfect Generation?

Perfect Generation is when you have reached a specific goal with your Even Generation-breeding. A Perfect Generation is always an Even Generation but with a bonus. For example; each and every dragon in the line is a Magi, or it’s all made up of Water/White-couples. A special goal has been achieved, more than just being Even Generation.

Inbreeding would make things too simple. wink.gif But it’s not forbidden if someone wants inbred dragons, there’s no stopping them.

The point of this thread is to have somewhere to turn when you want to ask ]for talk about Even Generation dragons, or offer your own. And maybe talk a bit about your Perfect Generation projects.

You will also be able to keep up your own list of what breeding pairs you have to offer dragons from. You make a list in a post and ask for it to be linked in the second post of this thread, that way it will be easy for you to go back yourself and edit your post with updates and changes.

If you have dragons to offer and drop off it’s up to you to set special requirements if you have any. For example if you offer a Gen3 purebred Black and want it to continue the Perfect Generation. What I’m saying is that even if this is not a Lineage, that won’t stop you from having a lineage on your dragon.

Yes that means that all “special” lineage-dragons are welcome in this thread as long as they are Even Generations.

What is the Gaia Project?

user posted image

Image courtesy of Fiona BlueFire; image based on the Seasonal Lineage Project image.

Gaia a special type of Even gen project.

You use ONE each of *powers of 2 breeds* of breedable cave born dragon and then use them as your base stock to create your second generation. Once you have all of your 2nd gens paired up, you take the 3rd gen offspring and breed them. You keep going through the generations until you end up with a generation of only 1 dragon left as the ultimate generation. How many generations it will take totally depends on the number of your original base stock.

If you refer to the above illustration, you see that all the first generation of dragons are different. Whether you count dragons with different forms as one breed or separate breeds is up to you. An example is Seasonals: either winter, spring, summer and fall are all one breed, or separate breeds. If they count as separate to you, then you could have one of each in your starting lineup. If they are one, you can choose one seasonal in your base. Other breeds that fall into this category are dorsals, nebulas and ridgewings, which each have two colors. Stripes are a separate concern, as only the white ones are cb (unless you are TJ)

*Powers of 2: Some of you may not know exponentials, from math classes. Basically, the powers of 2 are what happens when you multipy 2 times 2, and keep doing that for awhile. 2 *1 (=2) is 2 to the first power. 2 *2 (=4) is 2 squared or 2 to the second power. 4 *2 (=8) is 2 to the third power. Basically, you need 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 or 64 different breeds to build a Gaia dragon. A six generation Gaia would need 32 different breeds. Even counting all the different forms of seasonals, dorsals and ridgewings, and including the two discontinued breeds and the different holiday dragons, there are not yet enough breeds for a 64-breed 7th gen Gaia.

Other terms:

Checkerboard Even Gens: A Checkerboard dragon is one where only 2 breeds appear in the lineage. All of the male dragons in a Checkerboard dragon are one breed, and all the females are the other. This is an example of Perfect Generations.

When there are color variations of a breed, such as with the nebulas, whether a dragon is still checkerboard with variations is subject to individual interpretation, but strict interpretation says no. Example dragon -thanks to calankh for the lovely example.

Purebred: (or PB) All the dragons in the lineage are the same breed. For Stripes, Dorsals, Seasonals, and Ridgewings, it's up to each person to decide if the different colors/seasons count, though in the general community generally they do count.

Helpful Stuff!

IvoryDragon432 was kind enough to share a blank even 5th gen. sheet for members to copy and use to plan out their own even generations. Thank you so much, IvoryDragon432!

Blank Template

Pedigree Generator Thanks to Spyro76 for this link. Plug in the names in the boxes, then hit "Get HTML Code"

Moderators:

Dragonwolf - PM

Fiona BlueFire - PM

NOTE: I hardly ever check the Generation Association Inbox, so PMs sent to that account would get faster answers sent to my personal account - Fiona BlueFire.

Edited by Generation Association

Projects currently going on in this thread:

Open projects:

WraithZephyr's open projects/requests list

Personal projects, ongoing:

Silver Checker - Infinis

Icy Darkness - Infinis

JaneMcAsh's projects

If you want your project added in this post please mention that and make an "official" post in this thread to link in here. wink.gif Remember to always keep a backup of your updates--the mods will make an announcement in the thread before requesting a wipe, but you can never be too careful. Additionally, if you prefer to keep your information about your lineages off-forum, we will still link them. biggrin.gif

Banners:

user posted image

[URL=http://tiny.cc/u6fd0][IMG=http://i38.tinypic.com/335b0p1.jpg][/URL]

Made by Wiz

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=ST&f=29&t=113997&st=0#entry1829463][IMG=http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz152/Enalahs/EvenPerfectGens.png][/URL]

Made by Enalahs

Edited by Generation Association

Progress! Slow progress, but still! tongue.gif

that is a really beautiful lineage, good luck with the rest of it

Aquamyrine

well i am hoping on this with my idea

Stripe x Val

Will be slow as I am hoping for the opposite (2 val's) for the other side of this, to give another stripe offspring, and start again.

Edited by Mordeth

that is a really beautiful lineage, good luck with the rest of it

Aquamyrine

Thanks! Going to try and get as high-gen as possible before the Winter breeding season stops. smile.gif Though the no interest and refusal I had this morning from two CB pairs aren't helping me much. >_>

Speaking of, I'd be eternally grateful to anyone who could breed me a 2nd gen Hellfire from male Winter x female Hellfire. I have two egg slots free now and a third opening up a few hours from now. I can't easily check my breeding plan from my office, but seem to recall I could do with at least one and possibly as many as three... As ever, I'm happy to breed in return. smile.gif

Would anyone like two RB x Nocturne eggs from male x female respectively? I bred a couple then decided I really liked the look of the opposite gender ladder better.

Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

Thanks grammydragon, that's fantastic! *coddles new egg*

Also, I've decided that I really like this pairing, so I'm going to use it to make a song lineage, along with White x female Moonstone. I <3 Moonstones, they seem to go with everything! xd.png

Finally they bred! laugh.gif

I've been looking forward to finally seeing this egg for a while.

counselor, congrats on the 5th gen! I love seeing pb seasonals.

Edited by Daydreamer09

I'm a little late to the game but wanted to say congrats to everyone with breeding/gifting/catching successes! biggrin.gif They're all very beautiful.

On a personal note, they liked each other! Right egg on the first try too.

And if all goes well then I'll be able to do THIS

Congrats, that's lovely. Do you think one of these might look nice?

Congrats, that's lovely. Do you think one of these might look nice?

That's really pretty! I never thought of Red x Snow Angel, or any light colored dragon to be honest (although I've seen Red x White). (: Do you have a list for siblings?

I just bred my first PB 5th gen Deep Sea~ As soon as I breed its mate I'll start renaming everyone. x_x

Finally they bred! laugh.gif

I've been looking forward to finally seeing this egg for a while.

counselor, congrats on the 5th gen! I love seeing pb seasonals.

WOW, that is stunning. <3

I can't decide what I want to pair with my Royals and my Gold Wyverns....hmmm....

Haven't been in this thread forever. o.o

I've been working on a few projects, although not too many. Most of them I've dropped or forgotten about but I thought it would be nice to start a few of them up, since they are so lovely.

First is This beauty. It is one of my favorites but I haven't been able to find a perfect mate for her yet, so I've been sticking with This. Still pretty, but I would rather a perfect match. =\

I've had This for quite some time but I haven't even started thinking about a mate for it. Anyone have any suggestions?

This is just a pretty little personal project I finished a while ago. But if anyone has a mate or mate suggestion for him, I'd like to know. smile.gif

I picked up This Waterhorse a while ago and have been trying to breed a mate for it with no success. I find the pair quite nice and would love to continue the lineage. If anyone is interested in helping, let me know.

This is another dragon I have no mate for... Well, actually, I have one half of a mate for it, which would be This guy. But I need a mate for him. If anyone could breed me something with the same lineage but with different dragons (meaning no Pink, Sunrise, or Magi) I would love you forever and would be happy to breed you an egg from the lineage.

I am waiting on a mate for This lovely. Again, I have half of a mate, just waiting on the other half from someone. But I thought I'd just show that off as I adore that lineage. <3

Same goes for This and This. Although I do not have a mate for the second one so if someone who is interested in the lineage (or would just like to be super awesome) could breed me a mate for it, that would be great.

I've also been working on a few PB Even Gen lineages, even though I'm not a big fan of them. I recently bred A PB 3rd Gen Magma and am working on a PB Golden Wyvern lineage.

Err, so yeah. Long post is mine. I miss sharing my lovely Even Gens so there ya go. XP

@ Nervenklinik & aynessa

Thank you. That means a lot to hear. ^///^

It's different and I don't think that kind of pattern is very common, so I was a bit worried.

The mother was given to me by someone who had a list for it. I'm actually planning on opening a list for siblings sometime after Valentine's Day. But if anyone wants an early spot on it, feel free to PM me.

This third gen makes me very happy for two reasons. First, it's my first black alt and, second, it now means that I can start building a mate for this 5th gen in earnest. biggrin.gif

Eventually, there will be enough "commons" released for there to be a mate to my 7th gen for my Neverending Project. Really, "just" 14 new breeds that as "common" and have males and females. lol Yeah, I have a bit of a wait but, hey, it's nice to move forward some. smile.gif

@ nooey- I think those look lovely together!

@ tikigurl91- Good luck with the mate building. Hopefully it won't take you too long.

I'm a little late to the game but wanted to say congrats to everyone with breeding/gifting/catching successes! biggrin.gif  They're all very beautiful.

On a personal note, they liked each other!     Right egg on the first try too.

ohmy.gif Where in the world did you get This is for those who wait? I would love to get my hands on a dragon like that for my girl Frayi of the Winter Eve. Haven't been able to locate a breeder thus far/anyone willing to trade away one of those. I did find this male but the total effect just isn't the same.

I don't do many projects, my last project kept spitting out the wrong kinds of eggs so I have to wait till spring to do anything on it. *twiddles thumbs* In the meantime I found someone with a pygmy and made a trade for an egg. Don't really find that many high even gen pygmy dragons it seems. So I own this 5th gen purebred. If all goes well with the 4th gen then the TBD egg will become its mate. Then I can crank out even 6th gen pure eggs. So close yet so far.

EDT: TheCompleteAnimorph, tried the combo and got a Royal also. The ratio of the new dragon must still be fairly low so as to not drop the mate's color. Maybe next week will have better breeding results?

Edited by Draketeeth

@ Draketeeth - Wow, nice pygmy lineage! I've been thinking of working with even gen pygmys but there isn't much variety. PB is always awesome to see, though.

Also, I have the final egg from one of my earliest breeding projects, finally. I'm as fast as a slug when it comes to these projects. I'm planning to do a second iteration of this, but more organized.

EDIT What do people think of this combo? Iif I do start this I'm going to genderswap it so it's male magma x fem greenwing, although it's going to be terribly hard getting magmas from this.

Edited by ShaydraSilversky

@ShaydraSilversky love the nocturne x sunset combo! And I like the magma with the greenwing, I say go for it. It's one of the few pairings I've actually liked greenwings in.

I just got my first 2nd gen silver from my only CB silver, hooray! I couldn't resist pairing it with my first CB holiday too (winter magi of course, how unoriginal), but now what to pair it with? I bred a stripe as a potential mate but I'm not sure I like the combo: http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...e%5Bborder%5D=n

Thoughts? ^^

I have a couple successes to report smile.gif Firstly, my Stripe lineage is finally done! I'm so glad they didn't refuse biggrin.gif If enough people show interest, I may start up a list. Secondly, I received this Gold in trade yesterday and I'd like some help in deciding how to influence it.

Edited by Mitsuko

I have a couple successes to report smile.gif Firstly, my Stripe lineage is finally done! I'm so glad they didn't refuse biggrin.gif If enough people show interest, I may start up a list. Secondly, I received this Gold in trade yesterday and I'd like some help in deciding how to influence it.

Congrats on finishing your stripe lineage. It is lovely.

As far as the gold, I would think it would be best to influence it male female to continue the pattern along the bottom, but it depends a bit on what you were thinking of doing with it in terms of a mate.

Edited by purplehaze

Congrats on finishing your stripe lineage. It is lovely.

As far as the gold, I would think it would be best to influence it male to continue the pattern along the bottom, but it depends a bit on what you were thinking of doing with it in terms of a mate.

Did you mean female? The golds are all female along the bottom so that would partially maintain the pattern.

Well, the lovely Silver I traded for and gave my Hubby as a gift for a mate for his Yulebuck grew up today. My payment is to be the first egg, if any .... Well, ladies and gentlemen, I give you The Squee Heard Round The World! http://dragcave.net/lineage/lu0AW

wub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gif