ShadowMonster

Piano/keyboard players

Kinda just wanna see if anyone else actually plays piano lol. Sadly doesn't seem like too popular of an instrument to play.

I played piano for a year or two when I was younger but decided to give it up shortly after I entered middle school. (It always frustrated my mom that I did so well with my instructor because I basically never practiced, lol.) I'm in grad school now and I've regretted my young decision to give up the instrument for a few years now. When I can afford to, I'd really like to pick it back up. All I can really still do is a (slow) set of scales. =(

Played keyboard in my high school band. It was nice not having to actually march, but we still had to haul heavy keyboards, stands, sound equipment, generators, etc. and get them all set up in a span of maybe 15-30 seconds. Granted, in the stands, all we could do is dance along to the rest of the band's playing, but it was still great fun. I haven't touched a keyboard in a while, but I'm sure I can remember most of my scales and some parts from songs we played smile.gif

I played piano for five years or so and got a bunch of Royal Conservatory certifications for it and everything, but I eventually quit. Instruments and my anxiety/perfectionism aren't a great match.

I downloaded a ton of fan arrangements of video game music back in the day (including an arrangement of Homestuck's Cascade which was a full 13 minutes long and required at least three hands) and goofed off by practicing those instead of the pieces I was actually supposed to play a lot :'D

I played piano for a year or two when I was younger but decided to give it up shortly after I entered middle school. (It always frustrated my mom that I did so well with my instructor because I basically never practiced, lol.) I'm in grad school now and I've regretted my young decision to give up the instrument for a few years now. When I can afford to, I'd really like to pick it back up. All I can really still do is a (slow) set of scales. =(

My mom played piano when she was younger and gave it up and regrets it too. I hope you can afford to and play again soon! I'm sure you'll be amazing

Played keyboard in my high school band. It was nice not having to actually march, but we still had to haul heavy keyboards, stands, sound equipment, generators, etc. and get them all set up in a span of maybe 15-30 seconds. Granted, in the stands, all we could do is dance along to the rest of the band's playing, but it was still great fun. I haven't touched a keyboard in a while, but I'm sure I can remember most of my scales and some parts from songs we played  smile.gif

That's what I do now! I'm a junior and I play keyboard in the HS band. I would absolutely suck at marching and I know it. We have a giant wooden cart that carries three keyboards, a giant soundboard, a huge, heavy subwoofer, and a speaker. Pushing it up the overpass over the highway is always an adventure. I love being in the stands and dancing so much, it's always fun. I miss it so much now that football is over for us.

I played piano for five years or so and got a bunch of Royal Conservatory certifications for it and everything, but I eventually quit. Instruments and my anxiety/perfectionism aren't a great match.

I downloaded a ton of fan arrangements of video game music back in the day (including an arrangement of Homestuck's Cascade which was a full 13 minutes long and required at least three hands) and goofed off by practicing those instead of the pieces I was actually supposed to play a lot :'D

I bet you were amazing! I've downloaded a few video game songs like that but nothing that difficult! blink.gif I've been goofing off learning Jack's Lament from The Nightmare Before Christmas and some Christmas songs instead of the six warm up pieces I'm supposed to be learning right now biggrin.gif

Edited by ShadowMonster

I played piano since I was 4 years old, I still play now. Most for fun, but i have guitar now too.

I played piano since I was 4 years old, I still play now. Most for fun, but i have guitar now too.

Whoa cool! What kinda music do you like to play? I used to want to learn to play guitar, but now I don't really have much of an urge to

I play the keyboard somewhat well. I love goofing off with it and learning the piano parts of popular movie scores. Since it's a keyboard, it has modes that make it sound like other instruments. I can basically mimic anything with it. Thing's around 20 years old and still works fine.

I've always wanted to learn piano, but I've never been able to find someone who can teach me. I've tried some books and youtube videos and such but I think I need some formal lessons.